Buddy Hield to the Lakers? Shams: Lakers/Kings have had talks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
My guess is that DS is plan C; he try to sign and trade him for Westbrook - I don't think we are in the position to acquire Lowry, CP3, Beal, or Lillard.

Plan A: acquire a super friends guard to play here cheaply for a short 1-2 period, sort of a Rondo 2.0. Espeically if someone like Derozan comes here for the MLE money. A Rubio or George Hill type might be the target.

Plan B: Sign and trade DS

Plan C: Re-sign Dennis and he remains the starter for now.

I want Westbrook.

Of all the available PGs, Westbrook is the absolute worst fit from both an on-court compatibility and financial standpoint.

The guy is a walking triple double. Some people are put off by his attitude on the court, but dude has that fire to him that we haven't had since Kobe.

All the intensity in the world doesn't make up for the fact he's a bad basketball fit. He's an extremely ball dominant PG that adds little to no value off ball. He's a shaky decision maker at best, especially in crunch time. And his contract is ghastly!!

I see your point, but I think people forget just how much we struggled to score towards the end of the season.

You mean the games when Kuzma was our primary playmaker because everyone else was out?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

So where do you guys think buddy ends up?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:14 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
So where do you guys think buddy ends up?

Lakers or Clippers/Philly
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:10 pm    Post subject:

if you put the best NBA execs in a warp machine and transplanted them in Pelinka's position as heading the Lakers, I have no doubt that not a single one of them chooses KCP+Kuz+Trez for Westbrook over Kuz+Trez for Hield with option to still resign Dennis
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:18 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
if you put the best NBA execs in a warp machine and transplanted them in Pelinka's position as heading the Lakers, I have no doubt that not a single one of them chooses KCP+Kuz+Trez for Westbrook over Kuz+Trez for Hield with option to still resign Dennis

Cool story
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

That's your opinion.

You can't get a player of Westbrook's caliber or talent level for that package and Hield isn't even in the same stratosphere.

Lot easier to find a shooter than an elite scorer/rebounder/passer at the PG position.

90% of GMs draft Best Player Available for a reason. Same reason they'd choose Westbrook over Hield.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10
Jump to: