Sage Steele to host ABC's and ESPN's NBA Countdown

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Sage Steele to host ABC's and ESPN's NBA Countdown

Happy to see a local product get such an opportunity

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2013/10/sage-steele-to-host-abcs-and-espns-nba-countdown/

Quote:
Sage Steele to Host ABC’s and ESPN’s NBA Countdown

New Role Part of Multi-Year Extension with ESPN
ESPN today announced it has reached a multi-year extension with versatile on-air personality Sage Steele. Per the agreement, Steele will take on a new role at ESPN, hosting the Friday and Sunday editions of NBA Countdown – ESPN’s and ABC’s NBA pre-game show. She’ll help form the Friday and Sunday Countdown team with ESPN newcomer and veteran analyst Doug Collins and returning analysts Jalen Rose and Bill Simmons. The Countdown quartet will make its debut on Friday, Nov. 1, at 7 p.m. ET on ESPN. (The Wednesday NBA Countdown team will consist of Rose, Doris Burke and Avery Johnson and debut Nov. 13).
Sage Steele:
“I’m thrilled to continue my career at ESPN and to embark on this exciting, new challenge. I love the NBA, and like millions of other fans, I’m looking forward to the season tipoff and to guiding some great discussion from our expert analysts.”
John Wildhack, ESPN Executive Vice President, Production:
“Sage is a dynamic, engaging personality and an avid follower of the NBA. She has a proven track record hosting our NBA coverage, and, on Countdown, she’ll help facilitate insightful discussion amongst her new teammates Doug Collins, Jalen Rose and Bill Simmons.”
In addition to NBA Countdown, Steele will continue to appear on SportsCenter and will also contribute to ESPN’s on-site NBA coverage during the NBA Finals. For the previous two years, she has hosted on-site SportsCenter coverage at the NBA Finals and this year she hosted ESPN’s coverage of NBA Summer League 2013 from Las Vegas.
Steele has worked on a range of assignments since joining ESPN in 2007. In addition to SportsCenter and NBA, she has hosted the Scripps National Spelling Bee every year since 2010. She has also contributed to ESPN Radio’s Mike & Mike, First Take, SportsNation and other studio programming.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject:

Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Sage speaks like she has a mouth full of marbles...nice personality, nice lady, but I can't stand to physically listen to her.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Sage Steele is a pretty face but IMO Jemele Hill is more knowledgeable and better equipped to hold her own. Anyone who can cause SAS to zip it gets my vote.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:05 pm    Post subject:

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2016/09/expanded-roles-three-prominent-espn-commentators-sage-steele-michelle-beadle-doris-burke/

Quote:

Expanded Roles for Three Prominent ESPN Commentators: Sage Steele, Michelle Beadle & Doris Burke

ESPN today announced expanded roles for three of its most prominent commentators: Sage Steele, Michelle Beadle and Doris Burke.

Michelle Beadle joins NBA Countdown

Michelle Beadle will join ESPN’s NBA Countdown – the company’s NBA pre-game show – as the host on Wednesdays and Fridays throughout the season, beginning with NBA preseason coverage this October. Beadle has guest-hosted NBA Countdown previously. The avid NBA fan and popular ESPN commentator will continue her position as co-host for SportsNation – the daily, fan-driven commentary program. Weeknight editions of NBA Countdown will expand to one-hour shows and air Wednesdays and Fridays on ESPN, preceding NBA doubleheaders.

Sage Steele adds lead role for SportsCenter on The Road to her NBA Countdown responsibilities

Sage Steele will continue to serve as the host of the weekend editions of NBA Countdown, preceding NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC – the national NBA game of the week – and the popular ABC NBA Sunday Showcase series.

Steele will expand her current role to serve as the lead host for SportsCenter on the Road – SportsCenter’s on-site programming initiative. Steele, one of ESPN’s most recognizable and talented personalities, will begin this role in October, providing live, on-site coverage at the most significant sports events throughout the year, including the MLB World Series, the Super Bowl, the College Football Playoff and College Football National Championship, the Men’s Final Four, the Masters, and more. Steele’s new SportsCenter role is an integral part of an expanded SportsCenter on the Road initiative.

Doris Burke to expand game analyst role

Doris Burke will expand her role as an NBA and men’s and women’s college basketball game analyst this season. Burke, who is recognized as one of the industry’s most respected and knowledgeable basketball commentators, will be a regular ESPN NBA game analyst, while increasing her men’s and women’s college basketball analyst assignments as well. Burke will also continue to serve as an NBA sideline reporter and analyst for the NCAA Women’s Final Four. More details on Burke’s new role will be available in the coming weeks.

Last season, Wednesday and Friday editions of NBA Countdown were hosted by Burke or Steele.

Connor Schell, ESPN senior vice president, original content:

“Michelle and Sage are two of ESPN’s most authentic and charismatic voices. They are gifted broadcasters who enlighten and entertain sports fans. We are confident that with Michelle and Sage in these expanded roles, two of our most important shows, NBA Countdown and SportsCenter, have gotten stronger.”

Stephanie Druley, ESPN senior vice president, events and studio production:

“Doris brings instant credibility to any event she’s working on. Her depth of basketball knowledge, whether it be pro or college, men’s or women’s, is truly second-to-none. Her expanded game analyst role will make our coverage smarter and better.”
HeatCandela
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:56 am    Post subject:

What about Cassidy?
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Sage Steele is a pretty face but IMO Jemele Hill is more knowledgeable and better equipped to hold her own. Anyone who can cause SAS to zip it gets my vote.

Meh. I take Ros Gold-Onwude over her 8days a week but to each his own. Completely agree with Jemele Hill part. She's much more insightful and gives thoughtful analysis. Not sure she'd be a good host. She's more a analyst, you need high energy for hosting.

God I miss NBA on nbc. When's the ESPN contract over. They suck at bball.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject:

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2017/04/michelle-beadle-named-full-time-abc-espn-nba-countdown-host/

Quote:
Michelle Beadle Named Full-Time ABC & ESPN NBA Countdown Host

Beadle to Lead Pre-game and Halftime Shows for the NBA Finals on ABC, Throughout NBA Playoffs

ESPN today announced that Michelle Beadle has been named the full-time host of NBA Countdown on ABC and ESPN. In this role, Beadle will lead the company’s NBA pre-game and halftime shows, including for the NBA Finals on ABC. She will also host ESPN’s and ABC’s studio coverage throughout the NBA Playoffs, which includes ESPN’s exclusive coverage of the Western Conference Finals.

Michelle Beadle:

“The only thing better than working for Connor Schell and Kevin Wildes is being able to spend each day with all of the incredibly talented people at NBA Countdown and SportsNation. It’s the best job in sports. Did I mention that Kawhi Leonard is the M.V.P. of the league?”

Beadle will host the remaining regular-season editions of NBA Countdown on ESPN and ABC, including for the season finale of NBA Saturday Primetime on ABC on April 8, at 8 p.m. ET. She will also continue to serve as a co-host for SportsNation, which airs Monday-Friday on ESPN at 3:30 p.m.

Kevin Wildes, ESPN vice president, original content:

“I’ve had the wonderful experience of working directly with Michelle for several years and as predicted, she’s made a tremendous mark on NBA Countdown since joining the show in October. It’s very rare to find a commentator who can so masterfully combine intelligence, candor, and humor and she does it all while keeping her finger on the pulse of the NBA. Like a great point guard, she makes everyone around her better and we’re looking forward to this next chapter in Michelle’s career as she leads us forward on NBA Countdown.”

Beadle joined NBA Countdown at the start of the current season, and has led ESPN’s regular Wednesday and Friday episodes. She also hosted ABC’s NBA Countdown on Christmas Day.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:46 pm    Post subject:

ESPN’s Sage Steele Pulled Off Air After Anti-Vax Remarks – and a Positive COVID Test

https://www.thewrap.com/espn-sage-steele-vaccine-covid-test-report/
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject:

I was wondering why this was bumped and I made this post 8 years ago.

Wow time flies.

Sage mentioned she was vaccinated but she was against the mandates(yet took the vaccine supposedly despite that).

Regardless these positive Covid tests mean nothing considering that regardless of vaccination status you still test positive so..
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:

Wow time flies.

Sage mentioned she was vaccinated but she was against the mandates(yet took the vaccine supposedly despite that).

Regardless these positive Covid tests mean nothing considering that regardless of vaccination status you still test positive so..

Not true. Covid tests mean everything if you're positive and vaccinated or unvaccinated. The severity of the symtoms are much less severe for the former group. The latter group cannot make that claim.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Wow time flies.

Not true. Covid tests mean everything if you're positive and vaccinated or unvaccinated. The severity of the symtoms are much less severe for the former group. The latter group cannot make that claim.

They don't if we're talking about the spread not the severity of symptoms which is why they're talking about mandating vaccines. There are those who were vaccinated who still died from COVID not sure how that's better than a living unvaccinated person right now.

There are too many inconsistencies with all of this.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sage-steele-thrilled-she-didn-000400929.html

Quote:
“I like Sage. She’s a woman of color who had a long career in the media and I’m aspiring to this but then I’m listening to you and the first thing you say to me is how thrilled you are that I didn’t choose Black. And I’m like… who is this woman?”

its ridiculous they let this black-racist advance her career covering sports dominated by blacks
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:00 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Wow time flies.

They don't if we're talking about the spread not the severity of symptoms which is why they're talking about mandating vaccines. There are those who were vaccinated who still died from COVID not sure how that's better than a living unvaccinated person right now.

Stop spreading disinformation.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:56 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Wow time flies.

Every nfl player must wear a helmet. Some still get concussions. Why are nfl players wearing helmets, right? While we’re at it, why take a flu shot since some people still get the flu after the shot, right? And why have surgery for a life threatening illness or injury, when some people die during surgery, right? And why worry about spread when everyone who died of covid had to catch it first, right? And why be vaccinated when the vast majority of spread and death (exponentially higher per capita too) is happening among the unvaccinated, right? And if the unvaccinated keep the R value up, and allow further mutations to develop which might overrun the vaccines, and kill a certain portion of the vaccinated too, preventing herd immunity to suppress the disease (you know, as has happened with most vaccines), what’s the bother all about, right?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:57 am    Post subject:

The whole point of the vaccine is to get the antibodies. The only way for an unvaccinated person to get the antibodies is to get the virus then recover. It has nothing to do with concussions or the flu.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:56 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
The whole point of the vaccine is to get the antibodies. The only way for an unvaccinated person to get the antibodies is to get the virus then recover. It has nothing to do with concussions or the flu.

It does if you understand the concept of analogy and the specific arguments being made.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

The downside to natural immunity is you will take a higher chance of death and/or racking up thousands of dollars of medical bills in case you survive. Seems like a very high price to pay to avoid getting vaccinated.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

The downside to natural immunity is you will take a higher chance of death and/or racking up thousands of dollars of medical bills in case you survive. Seems like a very high price to pay to avoid getting vaccinated.

Yet its a choice someone can make without being threatened with losing their livelihood...

There are plenty of cases of people with COVID that survived yet that doesn't seem to be a focal point. Look if you want to get the vaccine people should do so but if they have natural immunity that should also be respected and it isn't.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Basketball Fan wrote:

Wow time flies.

Stop spreading disinformation.

Hey I'm just basing it on this

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2021/10/05/bridgerton-marc-pilcher-dies-covid-weeks-after-winning-emmy/6001238001/

I'm sure there are others regardless it should be an individual choice not an excuse to exercise medical apartheid.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:58 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
medical apartheid.

It's also time for you to stop using any terms you're unfamiliar with.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:30 am    Post subject:

Crazy there are so many people who are now fluent in medical terminology and understand so much about medical research journals even though they could barely pass their basic high school science classes and CHEM101.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Meh. I take Ros Gold-Onwude over her 8days a week but to each his own. Completely agree with Jemele Hill part. She's much more insightful and gives thoughtful analysis. Not sure she'd be a good host. She's more a analyst, you need high energy for hosting.

God I miss NBA on nbc. When's the ESPN contract over. They suck at bball.

Ros is fo sho nuff eye candy.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

wow so looks like they are putting her back on the air. Ridiculous that they let someone who clearly has an agenda against black men continue to profit off of sports that are dominated by black men.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

Yet its a choice someone can make without being threatened with losing their livelihood...

There are plenty of cases of people with COVID that survived yet that doesn't seem to be a focal point. Look if you want to get the vaccine people should do so but if they have natural immunity that should also be respected and it isn't.

Well if somebody doesn't respect their coworkers to be vaccinated from a deadly disease, then they deserve to be fired. Your medical freedom stops when you become a vector for a deadly disease.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: