CARMELO ANTHONY Official Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Horrible game. 12 min, 4 pts (1-7) 0-4 from 3. -15.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

I really hope Melo doesn’t have that much of a green light during the regular season. His defense is just as bad as expected so far. Limited minutes, catch and shoot should be his role.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

When he misses the first couple of shots, Frank has to take him out.

His value is in instant offense and then trying to find a way to not have him get hunted on defense.

With Monk and Nunn, we should be fine with instant offense off the bench. I would use Melo sparingly tbh.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Melo and Westbrick, two of my least desirable players and somehow Rob manages to get them both in the same off season. Nicely done, Rob.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
32 wrote:

His value is in instant offense and then trying to find a way to not have him get hunted on defense.

With Monk and Nunn, we should be fine with instant offense off the bench. I would use Melo sparingly tbh.

I’d rather give Melo the green lights to shoot open 3s even if it’s not raining down during RS, get the team use to it, law of avgs gonna bring it to about 40%, this is our Joe Harris
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Shooting way too much.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
32 wrote:

I’d rather give Melo the green lights to shoot open 3s even if it’s not raining down during RS, get the team use to it, law of avgs gonna bring it to about 40%, this is our Joe Harris

Yeah my short leash comment was more about his defense. If he’s not hitting shots, it’s like having DJ out there…huge minus number.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

CARMELO ANTHONY

DENVER NUGGETS #15 FORWARD
    NEW YORK KNICKS #7 FORWARD

10X NBA All-Star
    6X All-NBA
    1X NBA Scoring Champion

SUPERIOR SCORING ABILITY KNOWS NO BOUNDS.

Carmelo Anthony is one of the most prolific scorers in NBA history. As he enters the 2021-22 season (his 19th in the league), he ranks 10th on the all-time scoring list (27,370) but is set to pass Moses Malone (ninth) as he trails him by only 40 points (27,409).

Anthony starred at Oak Hill Academy as a senior and earned All-American honors. From there, he went to Syracuse, where he averaged 22.2 points per game and led the Orangemen to the first NCAA title in 2003 and was named the NCAA tournament's Most Outstanding Player.

CAREER

Anthony was selected with the third pick in the 2003 Draft, arguably one of the best in NBA history. The 21.0 ppg he averaged in his first season is the third-best mark for a rookie in the last 20 years, but Anthony finished second to LeBron James in Rookie of the Year voting.

He and the Nuggets reached the playoffs in each of his seven full seasons in Denver. They lost in the first round in six of those seven appearances, but won 54 games and reached the conference finals in 2009 -- his lone time getting that far in the postseason.

In February of 2011, Anthony forced a trade to the Knicks and his playoff streak continued through his first three seasons in New York. The 2012-13 season remains the Knicks' best since they reached The Finals in 1999. With Anthony leading the league in scoring (28.7 ppg), they won 54 games. But they were upset by the Indiana Pacers in the conference semifinals.

After a season in Oklahoma City, a 10-game stint in Houston, and 12 months out of the league, Anthony signed with the Portland Trail Blazers in November of 2019. He averaged 14.3 ppg over his two seasons in Portland and, at the age of 37, signed with the Los Angeles Lakers in the summer of 2021.

Including his 2012-13 scoring title, Anthony finished in the top three in scoring five times. From 2003-17, he never averaged less than 21.0 ppg and was regularly among the top 10 scorers in the league in each of those seasons.

Anthony is the only player to have played in four Olympics for the United States, winning three gold medals (2008, 2012 and 2016) and one bronze (2004), also winning bronze at the 2006 World Championship. He ranks second among Americans in all-time Olympic scoring with 336 career points.

https://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=191720
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:05 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
Shooting way too much.

He's Kuzma of 2 years ago. Almost identical in a way. No or little D. Complete gunner. Kuz evolved into a reliable defender (decent) and stopped gunning all the time.

It can go one of two ways. Either we will get the guy we wanted Kuz to be 2 years ago, or we will hate him and want him not to play a minute. It all depends on what happens with those shots.

I will say, come playoffs, you probably don't wanna leave Melo open. Those 3-4 minute stretches, where the D leaves guys like that open, it's going to bite them in the butt. Something we never saw with Kuz. The thing is, we have to make sure we find the right lineups around Melo or that Melo participates in. Can't run lineups with multiple guys not defending.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject:

The bar is low, but Melo will be more reliable than Kuz.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:07 am    Post subject:

We need to cut this clown. He is still talking about how funny his FT gaffe was. That’s not the attitude a contender needs.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
The bar is low, but Melo will be more reliable than Kuz.

Maybe offensively, but def, reb and hustle will be Kuz.

Only one game but, Kuz typically had his bad shooting 4-13, but contributed 15 reb, a block and steal and a +22 in the game.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
We need to cut this clown. He is still talking about how funny his FT gaffe was. That’s not the attitude a contender needs.

A joke post?

Otherwise I'd have to call this an overreaction. It's not like this is a rookie that we don't know who he is. Carmelo's been in the league for 5 million years laughing at a once in a career - literally – mistake. It's probably part embarrassment and part "what the heck?!?!" on his part. For the record I remember when Dirk did something like this on a FT too.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject:

40% 3pt the last 2 seasons, we brought him in for this, let Bron and WB get used to Melo, he’ll keep the defense from collapsing for them to penetrate
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

exactly. true winners would drink gasoline if they had a FT gaffe.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
40% 3pt the last 2 seasons, we brought him in for this, let Bron and WB get used to Melo, he’ll keep the defense from collapsing for them to penetrate

And then give up a layup or 3pt on the other end.

Lakers need to find some consistency and effort on defense. Not exactly Anthony’s strength.

Trading baskets is about what Anthony is capable of delivering these days.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

A joke post?

Otherwise I'd have to call this an overreaction. It's not like this is a rookie that we don't know who he is. Carmelo's been in the league for 5 million years laughing at a once in a career - literally – mistake. It's probably part embarrassment and part "what the heck?!?!" on his part. For the record I remember when Dirk did something like this on a FT too.

Probably an overreaction and if Melo had shown that he has the mettle to win it likely would be ignored. He hasn’t shown that so we don’t know if it is there.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
governator wrote:

And then give up a layup or 3pt on the other end.

Lakers need to find some consistency and effort on defense. Not exactly Anthony’s strength.

Trading baskets is about what Anthony is capable of delivering these days.

DPOY AD gotta cover, for everybody
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Not worried about Melo. I actually like his irrational confidence - he was getting a ton of wide open looks. Have to think he will knock those down once he gets more comfortable.

His D is horrid but Vogel just had to manage the lineups so he has a big or wing defenders alongside him
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject:

I had a small sliver of hope he would at least put some small effort on the defensive end and just be a bit of a bad defender instead of horrid but nope.. Unless he's on absolute fire i'm not sure he's even playable against the better teams as is honestly it's like he makes a nice shot and then makes 2-3 bad decisions on both ends following it.

Hopefully Frank can get creative with ways to get him minutes because he can't be on the floor with much other really bad defenders at the same time or it wont really matter how good the other guys on the floor are on that end. With him it's pure effort which is the saddest part. At least with Monk it seems to be more of an bbiq issue but his effort is also pretty bad. Vogel def. has some work to do this season.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

I never wanted him, but tried to keep an open mind when he signed. After the little that I've seen, I've seen enough and would cut him immediately (if not that, then give him the dudley role). Unfortunately, I know that's not possible, because he has friends on the team, but Vogel needs to play the best guys, and not worry about what anyone thinks about that.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

I thought Melo would become a crowd favourite, didn't expect him to actively try to get fans to dislike him
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

40% 3pt ok minimum salary, Melo be fine
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Carmelo got 16/5 off the bench and shooting 40% from three.

Stop trying to make him your Harrell/Gasol for the season.

Look at the people actually playing bad.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:03 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Carmelo got 16/5 off the bench and shooting 40% from three.

Stop trying to make him your Harrell/Gasol for the season.

Look at the people actually playing bad.

I thought he played his role too, this one is still on the big dawgs n coaches (except LeBron)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 5 of 21
Jump to: