AUSTIN REAVES (four-year, $56 million Early Bird maximum contract)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 175, 176, 177  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
2019 wrote:
manlisten wrote:
What if I told you that THT is the wing you're looking to trade him for...

When he can spot shoot at a 38% or higher clip, I'll buy what you're selling

What player that fits that description is available to be traded for THT.

Buddy prob
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:

Considering he can neither shoot volume three’s at a high percentage nor defend larger wings effectively I doubt that.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject:

Yay HBK!
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:

It may or may not happen depending on how things go now that he’s injured, but I believe you John. You’re in the know, although the Lakers don’t let you in on secrets.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

5 Points 5 Rebounds 7 Assists vs Kings

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:53 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Seems like the kings were hunting him a bit out there. Doubt they'll be the only team to try that. If he doesn't get consistent minutes it'll be because Vogel cares alot about that end of the floor.

His defense is, at least on eye test, look good, he don’t get destroyed and position well on reading drives (of course standard is low when watching him so far) but he look like he can play

Just needs to hit the weight room a little. But the same is said about 99.99% of all rookies.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject:

I tend to have seen little but I like a lot about this guy. Especially his effort.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:42 am    Post subject:

This kid is giving me Steve Nash vibes.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:

I wish I could say the same but that's a little too much love. I'd be more inclined to compare him to Steve Kerr with better handles.
JM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
textbook wrote:

I wish I could say the same but that's a little too much love. I'd be more inclined to compare him to Steve Kerr with better handles.

Better D potential than Kerr?
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
textbook wrote:

Kerr was one of the greatest outside shooters of all time with a dismal 1.8 apg. I get wanting to bring it back from Nash, but I think he's somewhere north of Kerr's court vision, and Austin's 30.5% from 3 last year doesn't scream Kerr.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
textbook wrote:

Kerr was one of the greatest outside shooters of all time with a dismal 1.8 apg. I get wanting to bring it back from Nash, but I think he's somewhere north of Kerr's court vision, and Austin's 30.5% from 3 last year doesn't scream Kerr.

I was kind of thinking that as I posted. I have to agree with you on that.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
textbook wrote:

re his 3p% last year, it may not be representative. his 1st 2 years in college had >>40% 3p%. when he transferred, he had a much more on-ball role rather than off-ball. that is when the 3p% plummeted. he was essentially carrying his team.

of course, it would be outrageously ridiculous if he turned out anything like nash. but there was one move last game that he completely had the defender off balance that the nash did popped up in my mind.

we would be really happy if he had 3p% of 40% on 3 attempts, 3 assists while doing decently on defense in 15 minutes his first year. actually i think nash did not break out until his 4th year...
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:38 am    Post subject:

I thought I saw some Stockton when I saw him dish to AD right in front of the hoop.. it was a tight pass between defenders iirc.. and his defense.. does his best at all times and looks like a (bleep) pest..
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:42 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
textbook wrote:

re his 3p% last year, it may not be representative. his 1st 2 years in college had >>40% 3p%. when he transferred, he had a much more on-ball role rather than off-ball. that is when the 3p% plummeted. he was essentially carrying his team.

of course, it would be outrageously ridiculous if he turned out anything like nash. but there was one move last game that he completely had the defender off balance that the nash did popped up in my mind.

we would be really happy if he had 3p% of 40% on 3 attempts, 3 assists while doing decently on defense in 15 minutes his first year. actually i think nash did not break out until his 4th year...

AR keeps his dribble alive while scoping on offense like nash. He has great court vision and seems to have a very high bball iq. I think he’s going to be a great shooter. Seems not to be afraid of taking shots even with big guns on the floor. He’s just got great court awareness that reminds me of early nash. AR is bigger and his defense is underrated too. Makes the right plays like Caruso, but I think there just may be a little more there. Just my take on early signs I see. Could be totally wrong and he ends up out of the league in a couple years obviously. But nash in his first couple years didn’t impress too much and you never know.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:12 pm    Post subject:

This is cool.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1449827468962004993?t=fr-z0oC-YIf0y-xIXPWGUw&s=19
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
This is cool.

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1449827468962004993?t=fr-z0oC-YIf0y-xIXPWGUw&s=19

hbk beat lbj 15-10 in shooting game
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

I don't really get all the DAJ hate. Not sure what people were expecting from him. He hasn't been an impact player in several years. But as a minimum salary big man, I thought he played fine in the preseason. He's playing the Javele McGee role and he'll be fine in that role.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

^I'm starting to agree with you looking at his games, we'll see when the season gets going but he really hasn't had a bad preseason. That said, I think you meant that for the DAJ thread not the HBK thread?
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
I thought I saw some Stockton when I saw him dish to AD right in front of the hoop.. it was a tight pass between defenders iirc.. and his defense.. does his best at all times and looks like a (bleep) pest..

This, combined with the intelligence he's shown so far, are why I really like Reaves. Scrapping on defense non stop. Changing possessions on both ends of the court. My favorite kind of Laker, a (bleep) pest all game long.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:50 am    Post subject:

He is just an all around good ball player. Threat to pass, dribble. Maybe a little suspect on the scoring and shooting right now. But he will be a major asset around scorers. If you got guys that can knock down shots like AD, Bron, Monk or Melo, now you have a guy that can just find those scorers easily.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:01 am    Post subject:

It reminds me Danny Ainge, which I hate to remember.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:23 am    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:

It reminds me Danny Ainge, which I hate to remember.

Damn, good comp
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:02 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
He is just an all around good ball player. Threat to pass, dribble. Maybe a little suspect on the scoring and shooting right now. But he will be a major asset around scorers. If you got guys that can knock down shots like AD, Bron, Monk or Melo, now you have a guy that can just find those scorers easily.

shooting will come, he got a good strike and form. scoring off the dribble is probably not realistic unless he gets bulk up. however, the dribble and the passing and the clam are natural abilities that are hard to find in the NBA. he is just not athletic enough for be finishing around rims. probably the only reason he is not a lottery pick. i hope he focus more on shooting especially the spot up 3s.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

cal1piggy wrote:
32 wrote:
This is cool.

hbk beat lbj 15-10 in shooting game

It seems that LeBron really likes him. Rondo as well. That's because he's being a sponge and never leaving either of them alone with questions and trying to learn and absorb as much as he can.

Which is always a good sign.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
Page 8 of 177
Jump to: