OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7050, 7051, 7052 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m pretty sure DeAndre Jordan is gonna have games where he stinks it up but as far as putting up solid performances in a somewhat consistent basis would make a big difference for our ball club and is realistic, and the guy still dunks like he’s 28.

You must be kicking some butt in 2K or whatever it's called.

Lol I wish, I’m inconsistent on 2k

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Avery Bradley seemed to thrive here playing defense for Vogel and playing with LeBron and AD. Maybe he can recapture that, for the vet min wouldn't mind finding out.
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:36 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Total gear shift from the musings of the day, but I felt like making some fan fiction surrounding LA's reported interest in Lonzo this summer, LaVine signing with Klutch, Pelinka allowing the Bulls to poach Caruso, and Nunn signing with Klutch and the Lakers.

After bringing in Lonzo, DeRozan and Caruso through free agency, signing LaVine to anything close to the max next summer puts Chicago's practical salary baseline in the $140m range for the upcoming future with guys that will come off / come due. That's a lot of money for a team likely to be on the Play-in bubble. The Bulls had the choice this offseason to use $14.2m of their cap space to renegotiate LaVine's deal in exchange for him agreeing to a contract extension on a base salary near (but less than) what he could make as a free agent in 2022, an offer he reportely would have accepted. To put things into perspective, Chicago could have renegotiated LaVine's deal and still signed Lonzo and DeRozan by not signing Caruso and waiving/stretching Derrick Jones Jr's deal. If one is Caruso or bust, they could have likewise gone a different direction than Lonzo or DeRozan.

Meanwhile, it was reported this summer that the Lakers had interest in Lonzo. With no practical means to acquire him (unless one thinks Griff would have sent him back for Kuzma , the rumor seemed flighty at best. LA did however use the bulk of their spending power to return THT on an MLE level deal, notably without a trade kicker, and Kendrick Nunn to a deal using most of their mMLE. Both players hail from Chi-town, and remain close with their roots in the area.

It just so happens, that Klutch represents Tucker, Lonzo, LaVine and Nunn, the latter two having signed with the agency this summer and both heading to free agency in 2022. It does appear as though Chicago has positioned itself to offer LaVine less than the max, and the Lakers will likely be without a means to pay Nunn materially more than the $5.3m option he has on his current contract. To make things even a little juicier, there is still an ongoing investigation surrounding potential tampering by the Bull and Lonzo (vis a vis Klutch).

So how about a deal of Tucker/Nunn for Lonzo? Tucker would be a good 'future' pairing with Williams and the Bulls would have the option of retaining Nunn for up to the MLE if LaVine bolts. If LaVine stays they could let Nunn walk, cutting the Lonzo's $19.5m 2022-23 salary to THT $10m salary. So they get value, insurance and cost saving flexibility. Nunn gets to audition for his home team who can pay him more (and likely would if LaVine bolted), LaVine gets a better shot at his max, and the Lakers get a starting quality perimeter player who defends and shot 38% on 7.2 3FGA over the last two seasons. The league might also be less interested in their investigation if Lonzo was no longer on the Bulls.

Just a fun conspiracy hack.

1. Tucker and Nunn would be too much for Lonzo. Lonzo is a good player, but he's not that good.

2. There's no room for Lonzo on this team, unless he's willing to be demoted to the bench and get no more than about 20 minutes a game.

I'd trade Tucker and Nunn for Lonzo in a heartbeat.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Avery Bradley seemed to thrive here playing defense for Vogel and playing with LeBron and AD. Maybe he can recapture that, for the vet min wouldn't mind finding out.

I'd like that extra defense but we're pretty loaded at guard to say the least so not sure who's minutes he's getting.. With only 1 roster spot it would be nice if they added someone that can cover at least the 3's of the NBA.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject:

I mean avery was good for us, but I bet we'd rather have Rondo mentor Nunn on how to play the Bradley role, than have avery himself.

Not to mention, something wierd did go on behind the scenes that caused Bradley to skip the bubble. I doubt AD, LBJ, Dwight and Rajon have forgotten what that was.

hype wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

I'd like that extra defense but we're pretty loaded at guard to say the least so not sure who's minutes he's getting.. With only 1 roster spot it would be nice if they added someone that can cover at least the 3's of the NBA.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:20 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m pretty sure DeAndre Jordan is gonna have games where he stinks it up but as far as putting up solid performances in a somewhat consistent basis would make a big difference for our ball club and is realistic, and the guy still dunks like he’s 28.

And plays defense like he’s 37.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject:

C - Jahlil Okafor
PF- Jabari Parker
SF - Stanley Johnson
SG - Dante Exum
PG - Emanuel Mudiay
6 - Kris Dunn

That’s an actual 5-man lineup of all the 2014/2015 lottery picks waived this summer. Five years ago NBA scouts would’ve been watering their mouths over this potential possibility.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
C - Jahlil Okafor
PF- Jabari Parker
SF - Stanley Johnson
SG - Dante Exum
PG - Emanuel Mudiay
6 - Kris Dunn

That’s an actual 5-man lineup of all the 2014/2015 lottery picks waived this summer. Five years ago NBA scouts would’ve been watering their mouths over this potential possibility.

Very true....
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Woj: Phoenix Suns G/F Mikal Bridges has agreed to a four-year, $90 million rookie contract extension, his agents Sam Goldfeder and Jordan Gertler of @Excelbasketball tell ESPN. Deal is fully guaranteed.

Bridges has shown himself to be one of the most productive young, two-way players in the league, and gets a $22.5M a year deal that solidifies him long-term as one of the anchors of the defending Western Conference champions.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:22 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
C - Jahlil Okafor
PF- Jabari Parker
SF - Stanley Johnson
SG - Dante Exum
PG - Emanuel Mudiay
6 - Kris Dunn

I've never been wronger than I was about him.
I can only laugh at myself in retrospect. I learned my lesson. BallIsLife mixtapes does not equal a good NBA player.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I might be blind but watching him play defense 1 on 1 it’s still solid, yeah he’s not gonna play elite defense anymore but he’s had a lot of good moments playing defense during the preseason.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
C - Jahlil Okafor
PF- Jabari Parker
SF - Stanley Johnson
SG - Dante Exum
PG - Emanuel Mudiay
6 - Kris Dunn

Jabari Parker was on an all-star trajectory when he got hurt. I guess that was it for him.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
C - Jahlil Okafor
PF- Jabari Parker
SF - Stanley Johnson
SG - Dante Exum
PG - Emanuel Mudiay
6 - Kris Dunn

Jabari Parker was on an all-star trajectory when he got hurt. I guess that was it for him.

Credit to our FO for picking Randle and Russell in those drafts.

In the 2015 draft, maybe they would have reached to get Porzingis, but that would have been a tough call to pass Russell and Okafor. Booker was the real get, but I couldn't see them taking Booker with the #2 pick.

Just shows how much of crap shoot the draft can be and how much the talent level can vary from one year to the next.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
mixtim wrote:
The fascination that some here seem to have for Avery Bradley goes well beyond what NBA teams really think of his contribution

I think he's a great role player but I don't understand why no one wants him back.

Strong defender and defense seems to be a weakness area for us currently. If there’s better available that’s cool too. I just want some defense.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I might be blind but watching him play defense 1 on 1 it’s still solid, yeah he’s not gonna play elite defense anymore but he’s had a lot of good moments playing defense during the preseason.

Please stop. He's been horrific. Just like he was in Brooklyn and please don't post up a few clips of him doing something useful to prove he's not trash,.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Washington Wizards have claimed Lakers camp guard Joel Ayayi off waivers, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Ayayi is on a two-way contract.

Why do the wizards even have a GM? Their entire strategy is choose Lakers
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:19 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
The Washington Wizards have claimed Lakers camp guard Joel Ayayi off waivers, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Ayayi is on a two-way contract.

Why do the wizards even have a GM? Their entire strategy is choose Lakers

Why do the Lakers even have a GM? Even a monkey randomly selecting players would yield the same result if not better.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject:

bluehill wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
C - Jahlil Okafor
PF- Jabari Parker
SF - Stanley Johnson
SG - Dante Exum
PG - Emanuel Mudiay
6 - Kris Dunn

In the 2015 draft, maybe they would have reached to get Porzingis, but that would have been a tough call to pass Russell and Okafor. Booker was the real get, but I couldn't see them taking Booker with the #2 pick.

Just shows how much of crap shoot the draft can be and how much the talent level can vary from one year to the next.

True enough. In hindsight, the 2015 draft was pretty weak. KAT has been a disappointment, at least to me. He's posted some scoring numbers, but I'm not sure anyone was expecting him to be a defense-optional stretch 5.

Russell had one season when he snuck onto the all-star team as an injury substitute, but otherwise he's been a disappointment and is now a toxic contract. I never did understand why people thought Russell was going to be a star. I just took it on faith because some of the folks who are normally good at rating young players saw something in him. I guess the Warriors did, too, because they gave him the toxic contract.

I'm not a fan of Devin Booker. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Suns couldn't win much until Chris Paul arrived. Booker seems to think that he's the second coming of Kobe, but in my opinion he's closer to the second coming of Isaiah Rider. But Booker has at least posted some scoring numbers.

There were some good role players in there, like Myles Turner. However, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, the smart play in 2015 would have been trading down. I can't really blame the front office for rolling the dice on Russell, because he was the consensus #2 pick. He wasn't a bust, even if we did cut him loose to clear cap space that we never used.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Please stop. He's been horrific. Just like he was in Brooklyn and please don't post up a few clips of him doing something useful to prove he's not trash,.

You think he’s been trash? Lol he’s been a Improvement over Gasol the real debate is McGee vs Jordan, that’s still to be determined until we see the season play out.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
You think he’s been trash? Lol he’s been a Improvement over Gasol the real debate is McGee vs Jordan, that’s still to be determined until we see the season play out.

he's not an improvement over gasol
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:28 pm    Post subject:

DAJ is quite terrible. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He averaged 8/7/1.2 during the preseason I would love to know what Gasol averaged I’m pretty sure it wasn’t better.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He averaged 8/7/1.2 during the preseason I would love to know what Gasol averaged I’m pretty sure it wasn’t better.

Come on now IG, you’re better than that…
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Come on now IG, you’re better than that…

DJ was not a problem during the preseason. His defense was decent. Bigs can't do much when the perimeter guys are out of position and the perimeter guys will always be out of position when the offense turns the ball over 20+ times.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
bluehill wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
C - Jahlil Okafor
PF- Jabari Parker
SF - Stanley Johnson
SG - Dante Exum
PG - Emanuel Mudiay
6 - Kris Dunn

True enough. In hindsight, the 2015 draft was pretty weak. KAT has been a disappointment, at least to me. He's posted some scoring numbers, but I'm not sure anyone was expecting him to be a defense-optional stretch 5.

Russell had one season when he snuck onto the all-star team as an injury substitute, but otherwise he's been a disappointment and is now a toxic contract. I never did understand why people thought Russell was going to be a star. I just took it on faith because some of the folks who are normally good at rating young players saw something in him. I guess the Warriors did, too, because they gave him the toxic contract.

I'm not a fan of Devin Booker. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Suns couldn't win much until Chris Paul arrived. Booker seems to think that he's the second coming of Kobe, but in my opinion he's closer to the second coming of Isaiah Rider. But Booker has at least posted some scoring numbers.

There were some good role players in there, like Myles Turner. However, with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, the smart play in 2015 would have been trading down. I can't really blame the front office for rolling the dice on Russell, because he was the consensus #2 pick. He wasn't a bust, even if we did cut him loose to clear cap space that we never used.

Not sure how much being in Minn contributed to it, but I agree on KAT. He's talented but doesn't appear to have been the franchise cornerstone that most were expecting. Still at the time I think he was the consensus #1 by far.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7050, 7051, 7052 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7051 of 8560
Jump to: