General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 457, 458, 459 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Joshua was really never in any trouble.

HBO also bailed out of the fight game. Oscar F’d that up when he took his company back and got rid of Schafer. All those Harmon fighters kept GBP floating. Now, HBO only has Canelo and GGG. They got so desperate that they showed a bunch of flyweights just a few weeks ago.

Showtime DAZN and ESPN will be showing the coverage. And no more Lampley, who will stay with HBO.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject:

Just a reminder Terrence Crawford (33-0, 24 KOs) vs Jose Benavidez (27-0, 18 KOs) 10/13/18 ESPN 7:30pm PST. Jose said if a bullet couldn't stop him what make anyone think Crawford will? Hope his knee holds up.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:50 am    Post subject:

Well, Benavidez looked good but he ran into a guy who can do everything he can, a little faster, more accurate, busier, and punch harder... he ran into the better version of him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:54 am    Post subject:

Jose doesn't have to hang his head. He went almost 12 rounds. The fight was stopped at 2 minutes, 42 seconds of round 12, 18 seconds left in the fight. He wasn't going to win but I think he may have gone the distance if allowed, for prides sake. It was a good stoppage LINK I just wanted to see it go to the score cards. I thought Terence won but I didn't score this one. Did anyone?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject:

I literally turned the TV on right when Benavidez got dropped in the twelfth by that uppercut. Crawford is amazing.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject:

Benavidez was no slouch. He impressed me.
But I can't remember another welterweight using his legs as little as Benavidez did in that fight. I've seen heavyweights move around more than he did in that fight. He was almost statue like.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
But I can't remember another welterweight using his legs as little as Benavidez did in that fight. I've seen heavyweights move around more than he did in that fight. He was almost statue like.

He was shot in his right knee. You could see him dragging his right leg. His movement was limited. Wonder what he would have been had he not been shot?

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:14 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:

He was shot in his right knee. You could see him dragging his right leg. His movement was limited. Wonder what he would have been had he not been shot?

Oh.. damn. Didn't know that. I'm sure the announcers talked about it. But I like to watch fights on mute. Makes scoring rounds easier.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

Jo. How would you rank Benavidez vs. Spence's past opponents? Is he better than everybody not named Kell Brook?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Jo. How would you rank Benavidez vs. Spence's past opponents? Is he better than everybody not named Kell Brook?

I rank him high. Cain't put a number on it. He's got heart. His jab made Terence adjust. I didn't like his showboating. In my eyes that says a fighter is trying to use psych rather than skill. You won't beat Crawford with that game. He's to smart. When he set down he tossed some good combinations. His knee is a detriment.

Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Bud's not ready for Spence. Too big, too strong.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject:

Ted wrote:

Crawford 5'8" Spencer 5'9". I don't know about the strength. Their records Crawford 34 0, 25 KOs, Spencer 24 0, 21 KOs. I don't see a lot of difference. Though I think Spence is a natural welterweight.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:

I cannot wait for this fight to happen because I see Bud outclassing Spence and possibly stopping him late.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject:

Crawford is a blown up lightweight. Spence comes into the ring weighing probably about 175. He's really a junior middleweight . Some fights are about who can take the others best shot. Probably will be the case in a Crawford - Spence bout.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

Canelo signing with DAZN

DAZN might be taking over the traditional ppv model
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Canelo signing with DAZN

So, with their Subscription model, all Canelo fights will be 9.99 and you get all fights on their network for the month?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
22 wrote:
Canelo signing with DAZN

So, with their Subscription model, all Canelo fights will be 9.99 and you get all fights on their network for the month?

Yup!

Actually the way I read is: Free first month, $10/mo after that. For ALL fights.

So you'd be paying $10/mo whether you just wanted Canelo or Canelo and everything else. It's like Netflix for fighting events. Great deal
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

what keeps someone from paying the $10 for just the months of the blockbuster fights?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
what keeps someone from paying the $10 for just the months of the blockbuster fights?
Not sure man. But if I had to guess I'd say they prob do something similar to moviepass where if you cancel you can't sign up again for a certain period of time.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject:

I don't think GGG v. Jermall will ever happen.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:35 am    Post subject:

Professional Boxer Punches His Own Trainer

Quote:
Georgian fighter Shonia inexplicably threw two punches at his stunned coach, who was forced to hold on to the ropes to prevent himself from falling down

LINK
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject:

Daniel Jacobs looked fast and crisp... where he at in the loaded div
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:00 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

He takes to many punches. Crawford or Spence will hurt him. Sergiy gave him all he wanted.

ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:

He takes to many punches. Crawford or Spence will hurt him. Sergiy gave him all he wanted.

Are you kidding me? Jacobs is a full blown middle weight and not a small one. Crawford is a blown up lightweight. That's a 2 weight class jump for Spence or Crawford. Even GGG respected Danny's power and he has as good a chin as any in the game.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:02 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:

Are you kidding me? Jacobs is a full blown middle weight and not a small one. Crawford is a blown up lightweight. That's a 2 weight class jump for Spence or Crawford. Even GGG respected Danny's power and he has as good a chin as any in the game.

You're right I was thinking Canelo and GGG. I forgot he fought GGG.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 457, 458, 459 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 458 of 514
Jump to: