General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 475, 476, 477 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

It was close. I didn't score but thought the fight was even. Canelo caught Sergy with a temple shot. A temple shot is hard to shake. It doesn't look like much but in reality is one of the most debilitating shots in boxing. You could see him completely disoriented, out on his feet. Canelo had all the time in the world to deliver the finishing blow. He was half sleep already after the temple shot. Canelo doesn't want to fight GGG again. He says he has nothing to gain but will do it for business. After watching how weak GGG is in the body and Canelo's body attack i think it not a good idea for GGG to fight Canelo again. I think it will happen for, as Canelo said, for business. It'll make money.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

I fully expect GGG/Canelo 3 to happen. GGG barely survived a war recently, and he will not win in a 3rd fight barring a KO. Canelo's style is to seek out old/shot and/or small/undersized fighters, and it has worked well for him in his career so far. Outside of the Mayweather fight, which backfired big time since Canelo got his ass whooped by a much older/smaller man, Canelo has been successful in building his resume through this method. I don't expect to see Canelo face Andrade, who could beat him by UD, Charlo (who would viciously maul and bully him), or Beterbiev (the actual man at Light Heavyweight, who would destroy Canelo inside 5-6 rounds). He will likely fight smaller men or 35-37 year olds for the rest of his career.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Looking forward to watching Inoue (the "Monster") vs. Donaire on Thursday! Inoue, a special fighter, will likely retire Donaire in this one.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Looking forward to watching Inoue (the "Monster") vs. Donaire on Thursday! Inoue, a special fighter, will likely retire Donaire in this one.

Just googled it. It's on DAZN. I still have that app from the Canelo fight. I was signed up for the monthly $19.99, use to be $9.99. I changed it to yearly $99.99. I think it's worth the money. They have some great matches scheduled that won't be shown anywhere except DAZN.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Just googled it. It's on DAZN. I still have that app from the Canelo fight. I'm thinking about keeping it for awhile. They have some great matches scheduled.

Just a heads up, it will be on live at 5AM EST (happening in Japan), so I will probably catch the replay later in the day.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Just googled it. It's on DAZN. I still have that app from the Canelo fight. I'm thinking about keeping it for awhile. They have some great matches scheduled.

Just a heads up, it will be on live at 5AM EST (happening in Japan), so I will probably catch the replay later in the day.

Thanks. Didn't know about the 5AM EST. No way I'll be up at 2AM PST. I'll catch the replay with you. I'll be on the lookout for spoilers.

What do you think about KSI vs. Logan Paul II?

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Thanks. Didn't know about the 5AM EST. No way I'll be up at 2AM PST. I'll catch the replay with you. I'll be on the lookout for spoilers.

What do you think about KSI vs. Logan Paul II?

TBH i haven't heard of either fighter. Next big one i'm looking forward to is Joshua/Ruiz II. Wilder vs. Ortiz II will be like Wilder vs. Stiverne II imo.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject:

that was an impressive win against a way bigger man.

I'm not a fan of Canelo.. I think he lost both fights against GGG.

but he impressed me against Kovalev..even though he is getting older..
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:

Very impressive to KO a 36 year old who has already been KOd twice in the past two years. Impressive is what Ward did to Kovalev. What Canelo did was essentially putting an axe in a zombie's head.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

whoa, this no bueno, 26 yrs old still (I'd prob do the same if i was him tho)

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/28027208/naoya-inoue-tops-nonito-donaire-signs-top-rank

Quote:
"This is the first cut of my career," Inoue said. "I had double vision since the second round but I am so happy and proud of myself and I believe I have a bright future."
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/28027208/naoya-inoue-tops-nonito-donaire-signs-top-rank

Quote:
"This is the first cut of my career," Inoue said. "I had double vision since the second round but I am so happy and proud of myself and I believe I have a bright future."

I still need to catch the replay. Big mistake signing with Top Rank imo. He should have signed with DAZN/Hearn or Goldenboy; now, he will be frozen out of the big fights like all other top rank fighters (outside of Loma).
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

I still need to catch the replay. Big mistake signing with Top Rank imo. He should have signed with DAZN/Hearn or Goldenboy; now, he will be frozen out of the big fights like all other top rank fighters (outside of Loma).

they gonna wanna piece of that asian market, he might be ok
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

they gonna wanna piece of that asian market, he might be ok
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Finally caught the replay. What an incredible fight! A lot of back and forth, and both fighters showed tremendous heart! I had Inoue edging it in a close fight with the KD, but a younger Donaire would have KOd him in that 9th round. I thought Inoue fought a bit tentative in the first half of the fight (understandably so after the bad cut and bleeding nose), but he took over later in the fight (outside of the 9th round). Hell of a performance by Donaire in a fight that I thought he would get run over and sent into retirement.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
governator wrote:

Quote:

DAZN is on the rise. they have some of the headliners signed and more on the way. They also have MMA matches. Monthly $19.99 yearly $99.99. $239.88 vs $99.99. They got me yearly.

Anybody see KSI vs Logan Paul. It was a war. I gave it to KSI for aggression. I didn't like the 2 point penalty. If not for that according to score cards it would have been a draw. KSI doesn't want another fight with Paul. I don't like his decision not to want a rematch. The decision not to fight again was made very quickly, immediately after the fight. I wonder if it was KSI's decision or his management?

DAZN SCHEDULE

Nissan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
I fully expect GGG/Canelo 3 to happen. GGG barely survived a war recently, and he will not win in a 3rd fight barring a KO. Canelo's style is to seek out old/shot and/or small/undersized fighters, and it has worked well for him in his career so far. Outside of the Mayweather fight, which backfired big time since Canelo got his ass whooped by a much older/smaller man, Canelo has been successful in building his resume through this method. I don't expect to see Canelo face Andrade, who could beat him by UD, Charlo (who would viciously maul and bully him), or Beterbiev (the actual man at Light Heavyweight, who would destroy Canelo inside 5-6 rounds). He will likely fight smaller men or 35-37 year olds for the rest of his career.
You sound like a straight hater.

Charlo needs to get in the ring with Jacobs instead of running from his fade.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

I think Bronze Bomber gonna obliterate King Kong like he did Stiverne rematch
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Nissan wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
You sound like a straight hater.

Charlo needs to get in the ring with Jacobs instead of running from his fade.

Jacobs lost to Canelo and GGG, but Charlo needs to fight Jacobs? Why don't you want Canelo to fight Charlo? We already know Canelo doesn't want to fight Charlo since he avoided the mandatory and handed over his belt immediately (just like he did with GGG). Sorry that you think i'm a hater for stating facts about Canelo's career of handpicked fights, and you have nothing to refute anything i said.

Anyway, after Wilder does Ortiz like Stiverne (as gov astutely mentioned), I hope he finally gets the chance to take out Fury, who was given a long count in the first fight. Then, i would love to see Ruiz vs. Wilder since i think Ruiz will beat Joshua even worse in the rematch.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:

Very impressive to KO a 36 year old who has already been KOd twice in the past two years. Impressive is what Ward did to Kovalev. What Canelo did was essentially putting an axe in a zombie's head.

you gotta give canelo some credit..
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Boy! Wilder is sure lucky he has that great right hand.

I didn’t see anything that impressed me during the fight as Ortiz was controlling things until he got hit.

But that’s how boxing goes and its gonna be Wilder vs Fury 2.

Bye.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

Wilder was behind on all score cards. His one punch power is awesome. Wasn't much of a spectator fight, pawing and occasional flurries. I don't know if he can beat Fury the way he fought Ortiz. If they fight again I think Tyson will win. He's a good boxer with power. Deontay has one thing going for him power.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

There's nothing to it, either Wilder-Fury 2 happens or if Joshua can pull it off, Wilder-Joshua need to happens... Deontay has reach the pinnacle, he got no more 'good' opponent, time to unify the belt
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
There's nothing to it, either Wilder-Fury 2 happens or if Joshua can pull it off, Wilder-Joshua need to happens... Deontay has reach the pinnacle, he got no more 'good' opponent, time to unify the belt

It's not a sure thing but I think Joshua will get by Ruiz. I've seen pictures of Ruiz, he's lost a lot of fat. Looks like he wants to keep the belt.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject:

I think Wilder will KO Fury in the rematch, KO Ruiz, possibly KO Joshua, then retire. Fury was lucky to survive the first fight. Ruiz will do the same thing to Joshua in the rematch, which will set up the Ruiz vs. Wilder fight (after Wilder handles Fury).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
I think Wilder will KO Fury in the rematch, KO Ruiz, possibly KO Joshua, then retire. Fury was lucky to survive the first fight. Ruiz will do the same thing to Joshua in the rematch, which will set up the Ruiz vs. Wilder fight (after Wilder handles Fury).

Fury was beating Wilder until the knock down. If he stays away from the one punch KO power of Wilder I think Fury will win the fight on points. I like the Gypsy in this one.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 475, 476, 477 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 476 of 514
Jump to: