General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 494, 495, 496 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Just left T-Mobile. Spence’s jab would have destroyed Manny.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Montiel took a beating. He lost every round. You have to give him props for staying the course. He went at Chalo every round, he never backed up. He fought a courageous fight.

Looking forward to June 26 Gervonta Tank Davis vs Mario Barrios Showtime PPV

Was good to see how Charlo handled a little adversity when he was cut for the first time in his career. Montiel looked like a zombie out there getting blasted for most of the fight and still coming forward relentlessly. Was surprised that Montiel was not stopped in the 5/6th round when Charlo turned up the heat and hurt him.

Won't be watching or paying for any Tank Davis fights until he faces Teofimo Lopez or Loma. Will probably watch the Loma fight on the 26th instead of Tank's fight.

I'll be watching but won't be paying. I have Firestick and downloaded Eminence. The best don't fight the best anymore.

Fury vs. Wilder, Canelo vs. GGG, Lopez vs. Loma are all notable examples to the contrary. The best rarely fight the best, but the rarity of the scenario does not excuse the pathetic ducking we see in the sport from most fighters. Spence is in that category too until he fights Crawford.

Love Bud but he had a chance to go where all the top 147ers and 54s were and he resigned with Arum, which will make that fight harder to make. Manny jumped ship and has fought Thurman, Broner and now Spence. Spence’s resume at 47 is easily better than Bud’s. Haven’t really seen Spence hurt. I’ve seen Crawford buzzed a few times.

Will be good to see how Spence fights in his second bout after the accident since we have not seen the "old" Spence after that. The promoter excuse is another one used by fighters to duck risky propositions. If Mayweather vs. Pacquiao can get done with Pac still signed with Arum, Crawford and Spence can get done too.

What we know is Bud has been calling Spence out for years and told him to his face that he will stop him. Spence, on the other hand, keeps talking about how he's the man and Bud is on the "wrong side of the street", etc. As a fighter, i like Spence's style of going to the body relentlessly, but he needs to take that fight with Bud before he can solidify his legacy imo.

In terms of Spence's resume, Porter (a limited fighter) gave Spence all he could handle, and Danny Garcia has never won a big fight after Matthysse. Spence could not stop Mikey, who moved up to face him and has no power. If Spence cannot stop Pacquiao (which he should be able to do), there will be more question marks about Spence's ability to win convincingly against fighters that he is heavily favored against.

Porter
Brook as a champion
Two Garcias

Would probably be greater than

Brook as a shot fighter
Horn
Khan
And some dude from Lithuania.

Bud has more to prove at 47 than Spence. His own promoter says Bud can’t sell out fights. That’s what’s holding up this fight. Spence can say my PPV numbers, competition and gate number are all greater than Bud’s. At this point, Bud is really holding up this fight. Take the 45 or 40 share of the purse. Beat Spence. Then call all the shots at 47.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

It's time for Manny to hang up the Everlast's. He doesn't have the speed or power to beat the best. Spence would have destroyed him. He has a great jab, much better than Yordenis. Ugas kept him at bay with his jab. Manny did make it close. 115 113 was on the one. Run for president Pacman, leave the fighting to the youngsters.

I pay $99.00 a year for DAZN. I get all Fury and Canelo fights. DAZN has some good fights all year. It's a great channel for real boxing and MMA fans.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
It's time for Manny to hang up the Everlast's. He doesn't have the speed or power to beat the best. Spence would have destroyed him. He has a great jab, much better than Yordenis. Ugas kept him at bay with his jab. Manny did make it close. 115 113 was on the one. Run for president Pacman, leave the fighting to the youngsters.

I pay $99.00 a year for DAZN. I get all Fury and Canelo fights. DAZN has some good fights all year. It's a great channel for real boxing and MMA fans.

yeah, his body cannot keep up with his "heart".....Manny never gave up or appeared to accept defeat.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

yeah, his body cannot keep up with his "heart".....Manny never gave up or appeared to accept defeat.

He just looked slow. I'd definitely think about hanging it up. The fight game is NOT the sport to stick around too long.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He just looked slow. I'd definitely think about hanging it up. The fight game is NOT the sport to stick around too long.

Ugas’s back hit the ropes like twice the whole fight. He kept the fight in the center of the ring the whole night and that jab was poppin’. Now imagine Spence’s jab with his pressure. Ugas didn’t really apply any pressure. Just stayed in the center of the ring and used physicality when needed.
xxsicrokerxx
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Wanted Woodley to win but Jake won.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject:

REPORT: OSCAR DE LA HOYA TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID-19, WILL BE REPLACED BY EVANDER HOLYFIELD FOR SEPT. 11 FIGHT VS. VITOR BELFORT LINK

Belfort is a UFC fighter. How far the sport has fallen. It's becoming a circus for the elderly. I wonder how much the PPV will garner? I sense another Floyd Money Mayweather appearance. SMH

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

That Holyfield "fight" was something else....I'll leave it at that...
Oscar will probably forget about those thoughts of coming out of retirement for one last fight.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
That Holyfield "fight" was something else....I'll leave it at that...
Oscar will probably forget about those thoughts of coming out of retirement for one last fight.

I don't blame you. LINK You might be right about Oscar. Great names from the past are making a spectacle of the sport. The fight game is in trouble, going downhill fast.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:21 am    Post subject:

Did y’all see Canelo’s duck reflex on the podium when Caleb threw a surprise sucker punch after the push? Incredible reflex
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Did y’all see Canelo’s duck reflex on the podium when Caleb threw a surprise sucker punch after the push? Incredible reflex
LINK

A quick left, right combo. Looked to me like open hand slaps. I think it was staged.

Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

My betting prediction for Joshua vs. Usyk this weekend: https://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2021/09/joshua-vs-usyk-prefight-analysis-and.html
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
My betting prediction for Joshua vs. Usyk this weekend: https://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2021/09/joshua-vs-usyk-prefight-analysis-and.html

According to my DAZN schedule the fight is Friday. Unless this is just a Boxing Show. The schedule says no events scheduled on the 25th. Click on the 24th.
Quote:
The DAZN Boxing Show Live from London - Sep. 24
The DAZN Boxing Show | WATCH LIVE tomorrow at 6:30 am

LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject:

This is crazy. I have DAZN. When I log in on my computer it says no events scheduled on the 25. When I open the app on my TV is has the weigh in on the 24 and the fight on the 25

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:32 am    Post subject:

I had it twisted at first. The weigh-in is today the fight tomorrow.

ANTHONY JOSHUA VS OLEKSANDR USYK! | LIVE WEIGH-IN ⚖️

LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject:

According to my schedule the fights start at 10:00 am.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:34 am    Post subject:

I'm watching The Boxing Show on DZAN. Roy Jones is a guest. His voice isn't clear. It's blurred not yet slurred.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject:

The first fight of 5 on the Joshua vs Usyk card is underway if you have DAZN

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:30 am    Post subject:

Callum Smith KO Lenin Castillo. The KO was scary. Castillo hit the canvas and his body was convulsing violently. The shaking was trembling nonstop. Picture someone trembling when cold brrrr. Lenin's body went into shock. LINK

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject:

Sonni Martinez got robbed. In my eyes, he won 4 of the 6 rounds. Campbell Hatton's father's name, Ricky Hatton, got him the win. He's 4 0. He has a long way to go and if what I saw tonight is his resume, he's in trouble.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Lawrence Okolie KO Dilan Prasovic with a vicious body shot.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Joshua lost big. He almost got knocked out in the 12th round.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Joshua is finished as a top fighter in the division. Usyk handled him and nearly stopped him after moving up. AJ should hang em up.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:36 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Joshua is finished as a top fighter in the division. Usyk handled him and nearly stopped him after moving up. AJ should hang em up.

Usyk was seriously underrated. He beat Joshua bell to bell. I had him winning the first 4 rounds.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 494, 495, 496 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 495 of 514
Jump to: