Official Game of Thrones Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 203, 204, 205 ... 245, 246, 247  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

I don't think it's likely but this entire episode was setting up a Jon-Dany conflict, certainly Dany killing Jon for one reason or another is a reasonable outcome.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject:

Does Jon not realize the incest?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
YSong wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Predictions for this season after watching first episode:

Jamie Lannister will be held on trial at Winterfell and Bran will be the one to save him.
Jamie will perform some heroics against the White Walkers getting the admiration he always desired, but will be killed by Bronn. Because Bron will do anything for money.
Tyrion will kill Cersei, just like he did his own father. The death of Jamie will be the biggest motivating factor.
Daenerys will kill Jon after the wars are won against the white walkers and Cersei.

I'll post more if I think of any. Would love to read everyone else's predictions.

Your D vs J prediction has a .00001% chance

It would go against every grain of the mountain that is this epic tale.

How so?

Starks normally die when they head down south (Ned and Robb). GOT is known for killing off stars.
Jon loves to sacrifice himself and put himself in danger..
And Jon may have foreshadowed his death when he asked the red priestess (who promised to come back to Westeros) to never revive him (again).
Also possible spoilers: GOT actors said it was a bitter sweet ending. Far from definitive, but still in the realm of possibility.

1. Jon isn't a Stark. This was touched on last season when Tyrion said the same thing and when Jon replied he's not a Stark (Snow), Rhaegal swooped down to remind us he's a Targaryen. And GOT doesn't love killing off stars, it's just that they typically don't give plot armor to their characters so their bad choices (Robb, Ned, Oberyn) have real consequences. This is something the show moved away from when they passed the books.

2. Jon definitely has a death wish, he doesn't think he deserves to be alive again. But he thinks he has a purpose, thanks to Beric. He will do whatever he can to make sure they win this war.

3. While I lean towards him dying I don't see Dany killing him making sense. It would lead to an all our war and Westeros would never support her after kinslaying. Although it would be interesting because if she still had the dragons they would have no choice; she'd be Maegor with teets.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
1. Jon isn't a Stark. This was touched on last season when Tyrion said the same thing and when Jon replied he's not a Stark (Snow), Rhaegal swooped down to remind us he's a Targaryen. And GOT doesn't love killing off stars, it's just that they typically don't give plot armor to their characters so their bad choices (Robb, Ned, Oberyn) have real consequences. This is something the show moved away from when they passed the books.

2. Jon definitely has a death wish, he doesn't think he deserves to be alive again. But he thinks he has a purpose, thanks to Beric. He will do whatever he can to make sure they win this war.

3. While I lean towards him dying I don't see Dany killing him making sense. It would lead to an all our war and Westeros would never support her after kinslaying. Although it would be interesting because if she still had the dragons they would have no choice; she'd be Maegor with teets.

He has Stark blood in him. So that's why I call him a Stark. I see him as 1/2 Stark 1/2 Targ. But I understand your point. He's unofficially (because nobody knows) a Targ.

I don't think GOT loves to kill off main characters. Just that they are known for it. And most interviews I've read say that it isn't a happy ending where all the good guys win and go off and get married and are happily ever after. George talks about it in this article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/08/14/george-r-r-martin-aiming-for-a-lord-of-the-rings-ending-to-game-of-thrones/#7a12eb3a3762

Danny has had to make alot of tough decisions on her way to the crown. I think killing her love who has a better right to claim the crown than her, could be the last sacrifice she makes.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject:

Can't wait to see the reanimated dragon battle. Gonna be ugly for sure

Fwiw, Reddit has streams for this too
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject:

How would Dany kill Jon? With dragon fire? He might not burn.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

Still no Ghost. Will we ever see him again?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

Vishnu wrote:
How would Dany kill Jon? With dragon fire? He might not burn.

Good point. I was wondering if he was fireproof as well. Dany sensed hot temperatures wouldn't harm her right from the start of the show. If Jon isn't fireproof does that mean he's not a true dragon and fit to rule like Dany's brother Viserys?

I don't think it will come to conflict between Jon and Dany. I believe Jon will just abdicate his rightful claim to the throne rather than start another war. He believes Dany will be the best ruler for the Seven Kingdoms anyway and he's never been someone who sought power. He's a lot like Ned Stark in that way.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

The fireproof thing isn't really a Targaryen trait. The Funeral pyre was a one time magical event according to GRRM. The season 6 event shouldn't have happened because she's not really fireproof.
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
The fireproof thing isn't really a Targaryen trait. The Funeral pyre was a one time magical event according to GRRM. The season 6 event shouldn't have happened because she's not really fireproof.

I understand that. I read the books too. I'm just saying the show might do it.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

That was something Danerys said about Targaryans after Drogo dumped that pot of molten gold on Viserys head. "He was not a true dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon."
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:
I don't think it's likely but this entire episode was setting up a Jon-Dany conflict, certainly Dany killing Jon for one reason or another is a reasonable outcome.

There's no doubt that there is conflict coming between Dany and Jon. How can there not be given what is now known among key players and new Jon himself. But it would be terrible storytelling for Dan to kill Jon.

You have this epic tale of a bastard kid who thinks that, other than some blood lineage to a king murdered, he is essentially an after thought and relegated to a life on The Watch. Despite that lack of true nobility, he rises up through his bravery, cunning and some good fortune to become a widely respected man and warrior and eventually is declared The King of the North by the other monarchs and leaders. He gives that up to serve a woman he believes is actually the ruler of the Seven Kingdoms and then finds out that he is actually the rightful heir the Iron Throne. The whole story line is about the event surrounding his rise as the rightful holder of the empire. For him to be murdered by the Queen who would lose her crown as result of his status sounds sexy and all, but really doesn't make sense as an epic tale. Not to mention that Dany murdering the rightful heir would make her a king slayer and a despised ruler.

I'm not saying that Jon necessarily survives in the end. But being murdered by Dany? I just don't see it. And if that is what happens, the entire series would be ruined for me.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:23 am    Post subject:

That Greyjoy-rescue team was a real Seal Team Seven-and-a-half, amirite?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
That Greyjoy-rescue team was a real Seal Team Seven-and-a-half, amirite?

Kind of ironic. Euron's sneak attacks nearly turned the tide (no pun intended) for Cersei and he loses his flagship to a sneak attack by his eunuch nephew and a couple of archers.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

So who’s Cersei’s baby daddy? Uncle Jaime or Euron?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

Jaime but she's going to pretend it's Euron's. Same as she did with Robert.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

Wvc0925 wrote:
Does Jon not realize the incest?

Like...how is that not his first reaction?
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

He has Stark blood in him. So that's why I call him a Stark. I see him as 1/2 Stark 1/2 Targ. But I understand your point. He's unofficially (because nobody knows) a Targ.

I don't think GOT loves to kill off main characters. Just that they are known for it. And most interviews I've read say that it isn't a happy ending where all the good guys win and go off and get married and are happily ever after. George talks about it in this article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/08/14/george-r-r-martin-aiming-for-a-lord-of-the-rings-ending-to-game-of-thrones/#7a12eb3a3762

Danny has had to make alot of tough decisions on her way to the crown. I think killing her love who has a better right to claim the crown than her, could be the last sacrifice she makes.

What I'm gonna say doesn't count as a spoiler because it is a fan theory based on preceding history, so please excuse me if you think it is a spoiler.

In the Azor Ahai legend, the hero forged a sword called Lightbringer that was able to kill the white walkers during the Long Night. To forge such sword, he had to put the blade through his loved one's heart.

So my theory is Jon, as Azor Ahai reborn, will have to kill Dany to forge Lightbringer 2019 to kill the Night King.

That could be what they mean by bitter sweet ending. Also, you know Dany will never let Jon be King, and now that he knows, there will also be those who will not let her be Queen with him around. So I'm pretty sure one of them will die, and this theory makes a lot of sense to me.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

Jon could also be Lightbringer, his father Rhaegar was Azor Ahai and had to kill his love (Lyanna) when Lightbringer was forged (born).

I think all the prophecies are meant to be vague that way they can fit a lot of different narratives and none are actually true. Similar to how all of Melisandre's visions have hints of truth but she's always misinterpreting them.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:

So my theory is Jon, as Azor Ahai reborn, will have to kill Dany to forge Lightbringer 2019 to kill the Night King.

Oh please let it happen!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

Oh please let it happen!

LOL. It's not so much that she's a one dimensional character as the fact that the actress playing her couldn't act like she was burning if you lit her on fire.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Well, I guess a set-up episode after a long break couldn't have gone much different. Was still left craving for more, since it's been almost 2 years.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:

Oh please let it happen!

LOL. It's not so much that she's a one dimensional character as the fact that the actress playing her couldn't act like she was burning if you lit her on fire.

I'm willing to give that a try . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
What I'm gonna say doesn't count as a spoiler because it is a fan theory based on preceding history, so please excuse me if you think it is a spoiler.

In the Azor Ahai legend, the hero forged a sword called Lightbringer that was able to kill the white walkers during the Long Night. To forge such sword, he had to put the blade through his loved one's heart.

That could be what they mean by bitter sweet ending. Also, you know Dany will never let Jon be King, and now that he knows, there will also be those who will not let her be Queen with him around. So I'm pretty sure one of them will die, and this theory makes a lot of sense to me.

I'm familiar with Azor Ahai. And Melisandre said the prophecy is gender neutral.
So. I guess I'm saying, Dani is Azor Ahai.

There's also some sort of prophecy explained about her future in A dance of Dragons. 3 loves. 3 Treasons. Jon being the 3rd after Drogo and Dario. Jon could betray her. Or should could betray Jon.
Here's a link I can find on my phone. https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-three-treasons-that-Daenerys-was-warned-of

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

One last thing is. Now that the Night King is communicating (via human shish kebab).

I'm thinking he has some sort of human origins. And if he's defeated. Someone else will have to take his place. Another opportunity for Danny to sacrifice Jon.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 203, 204, 205 ... 245, 246, 247  Next
Page 204 of 247
Jump to: