Breaking Bad Season 5B
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject:

yeah.. BB was the best show of all time for me.

this was like an encore.

yup.. Todd got super chunky. LOL

Apparently they just finished filming Season 5 of BCS. crazy to think that the spin off has the same number of seasons as the original. BB had more episodes though..
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
El Camino was awesome. It felt just like another episode in the series which is all we can ask for. Walt's appearance in the hotel was an unexpected joy. That hit perfectly. My only complaint is that Jesse Plemons is at least +30lbs from what he was during the series run.

Agreed. I can't think fathom anyone that's a big fan of the show to walk away from this movie without being, at the very least, satisfied.

Man, it was great revisiting ABQ circa 2010 again.

I haven't rewatched the series but I'm 100% going to do so now. Forgot just how gd good this show is.

After several discussions with friends who are big BB fans, the only people who expressed any degree of disappointment with El Camino were those who were those hoping for some huge "oh my God!" punctuation to what was something that had provided a huge punctuation mark. I think the success of El Camino is it didn't engage in that pursuit.

What made the series so great was the attention to details and subtleties. Sure, there were some huge moments of spectacle that we loved sewn into the series, but the things that really drew the viewer in were the small, but strong, stitches that weaved the overall story together. Trying to do something spectacular given the what was left of the universe at the end of the series would have been a fool hardly quest.

Instead, we got an excellent extended "extra" episode that tied up some loose ends, gave us some further insight to some of our favorite smaller characters, and provided additional insight into the two main characters.

El Camino was clearly designed to be an extended epilogue to BB, and it did that very well.

That's the fan that quality storytelling is best served ignoring. It's that thirst for the momentary shock/wow factory that led to the demise of Game of Thrones. Blame the legions of Walking Dead fans.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
yeah.. BB was the best show of all time for me.

this was like an encore.

yup.. Todd got super chunky. LOL

Apparently they just finished filming Season 5 of BCS. crazy to think that the spin off has the same number of seasons as the original. BB had more episodes though..

Lol, yeah he was already getting bigger when he played the Captain in Black Mirror.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Totally agree with DMR. El Camino didn’t do too much and I think that’s why it was good.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
El Camino was awesome. It felt just like another episode in the series which is all we can ask for. Walt's appearance in the hotel was an unexpected joy. That hit perfectly. My only complaint is that Jesse Plemons is at least +30lbs from what he was during the series run.

Agreed. I can't think fathom anyone that's a big fan of the show to walk away from this movie without being, at the very least, satisfied.

I haven't rewatched the series but I'm 100% going to do so now. Forgot just how gd good this show is.

My sentiments, exactly. Skinny and Badger came thru clutch. Loved their scenes.

**Spoiler alert **

-The way Jesse handled the 'quickdraw' scene was awesome. Of course it was a little sloppy, but he handled himself well and that was a great sequence.

Not gonna lie man, I got a little verklempt during that scene when they first recognized Jesse.

I shed tears when I saw Robert Forster's face.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

My sentiments, exactly. Skinny and Badger came thru clutch. Loved their scenes.

**Spoiler alert **

-The way Jesse handled the 'quickdraw' scene was awesome. Of course it was a little sloppy, but he handled himself well and that was a great sequence.

Not gonna lie man, I got a little verklempt during that scene when they first recognized Jesse.

I shed tears when I saw Robert Forster's face.

Yep. Watching his scenes was bittersweet. Especially since he nailed it big time. The concrete subtlety to his performance was perfection.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

Aaron Paul and Vince Gilligan reveal two alternate endings to ‘El Camino’
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

i could definitely see Jesse showing up in BCS. that'd be amazing!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60
Page 60 of 60
Jump to: