*OFFICIAL* 2015 NBA Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject:

What about Josh Richardson out of Tennessee Mike?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
What about Josh Richardson out of Tennessee Mike?

I tend not to trust UT's wing prospects.

Shame, because I love Knoxville.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject:

@ 34 what do you guys think about UCLA's Norman Powell?
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
@ 34 what do you guys think about UCLA's Norman Powell?

I think at pick #34 the Lakers can improve their team better than with they would in choosing Norman Powell. I like Norman and I think he'll find a place in the league.

He does represent a possible good fit with teams needing both added defensive intensity around the horn and added foot speed; those are admittedly Laker weak areas right now. But Norman's got a loose handle for a smallish off guard, he's not been an above average college passer for a guard and he's not got a lot of deep threat pop. Those three things may be correctable - but taken together - they represent short term value delay and risk which combine to make him less attractive to this club. Better prospects are likely to also on the board at #34.

I'd prefer the Lakers to take any of these guys at #34: Rozier, Connaughton, Harrison, Young.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:17 pm    Post subject:

1. Jahlil Okafor - Billion Dollar Hands. MAX contract post skills. Needs FT shooting, defensive intensity, range.

1a. Karl Towns - Very good athlete, most versatile big. Guard skills in a 7' package, without elite refinement.

1b. D'Angelo Russell - Stephen Curry, less shooting percentage, but Steve Nash passing. Better measurements than both. Tremendous hands, ball-handling; elite court vision.

4. Justise Winslow - I think of him as the "All American", great size, strength, athleticism, finishing, unselfishness, elite defender. Just needs a jumper.

5. Mario Hezonja - The second most explosive player in the lottery. The best shooter outside of Devin Booker, only stronger, taller, better shot creator, against tougher competition. Could be the "Vince Carter" pick, where the explosiveness was obvious, and so was the shooting, yet, slipped in the draft for whatever reason.

6. Kristaps Porzingis - Still think of him as Gallinari. Will flat out shoot over defenders and have his jumpshot set up any two-step long stride drives. Questionable strength/base/frame has him slipping down. Big risk. Big reward.

7. Emmanuel Mudiay - Very good athlete with triple threat skills. Read he had issues with basic offensive concepts, but very good athleticism and great ball-handling go A LONG way in terms of projected upside. Biggest PG of the draft, nearing 220-230. Body control.

8. Willie Cauley-Stein - Most upside in the lottery. Elite athlete. Elite size. Elite defense. 4/10 offensive skill. Foot injury and Sickle cell dropped him.

9. Stanley Johnson - The Mudiay of the SF spot. Strong, tremendous defensive intensity. Solid jumpshot. Needs better ball-handling/decision-making. Would be a killer 3-D player.

10. Cameron Payne - Skinny Dragic.

11. Jerian Grant - One of my favorite remaining guards on the draft. Slips because of his age, but he's a PG in a SG body, shoots 57% from 2-point range, has a 37%+ assist rate, solid steal rate, strong, very athletic, great height. Perfect next to another combo-guard. IMHO, underrated. Worst case 6'6" Sedale Threatt.

12. Myles Turner - Moved up on my list because of guard-like refined touch from the perimeter, improving gate, and very good athleticism. Possible to slide him at PF.

13. Kelly Oubre - Slips due to inconsistent motor, but very good athlete, wiry, wingspan. Streaky jumpshot, forces turnovers. Could be an absolute stud defender.

14. Trey Lyles - Umm. Carlos Boozer, with more range.

15. Frank Kaminsky - All of the skills, average athlete. Self-made player, but wingspan HURTS stock.

16. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson - Favorite defender of the draft. Think he would excel most in a Thaddeus Young Stretch-4 role, playing off the ball and scoring off cuts instead of needing to rely on range for spacing. Can defend PF through PG. Really.

17. Justin Anderson - 3-D with length and some explosiveness. Ball-handling and mid-range game need work.

18. RJ Hunter - Great foundational set of triple threat skills. IQ. Really needs to be a shot-maker, not a rangy shooter with shot volume.

19. Montrezl Harrell - The short PF with C length. Motor. Muscle. Finishing. Boards. Swats. Needs more range outside of 15'. In progress.

20. Tyus Jones - The Rudy Ruettiger of the draft. Undersized. Unlike Rudy, has all of the triple threat skills, along with poise. Plays like a veteran.

21. Bobby Portis - PJ Brown. Better finishing. Better range. Doesn't have the iso skill just yet. Base, boards, strength, wingspan.

22. Devin Booker - J.J. Redick with more size, but without the proven attacking ability just yet. Redick got to the FT line a lot his last two seasons at Duke. Booker needs to show similar ability.

23. Sam Dekker - Dan Majerle without the range. Quicker Matt Harpring.

24. Joe Young - Favorite shooter of the draft. Plays closest to Stephen Curry. Similar shot selection. SG turned PG into his senior year. Very good athlete

25. Delon Wright - Have a hard time seeing him more than a back up PG. Almost reminds me of a better polished PG version of Steve Blake. NEEDS range.

26. Rakeem Christmas - The skinny Jordan Hill. PF/C. More explosive. Better wingspan.

27. Jarell Martin - Rodney Rogers. More explosiveness. Less range. Less ball-handling.

28. Chris McCullough - IMHO, Ariza. Coming off of ACL, but showed lottery athleticism, finishing ability, and tremendous defensive upside. Cannot play PF next level. Needs range. Needs ball-handling. Needs health.

29. Christian Wood - The Antetokounmpo pick, but nowhere near the ball-handler or consistent shooter. Wiry. Rangy. Length. Can make impact play. Doesn't have the impact mentality or polish.

30. Kevon Looney - PF with range, some athleticism. Base. Boards.

31. Nikola Milutinov - Young Vlade/Nenad Kristic without the swats.

32. Terry Rozier - The Consumate SG in a PG body, but PG defender.

33. Anthony Brown - 3 and D, only older, and still needs work on his frame.

34. Guillermo Hernangomez - The consumate solid C. Slow defensively, but solid skills on the offensive end.

35. Jordan Mickey - The shorter PJ Brown. 17' range. FAR better swatter.

36. Rashad Vaughn - Young. Some iso ability. Average wingspan for a SG, sub-average ball-handling for a SG. Good athlete.

37. Cliff Alexander - The mix between Amare Stoudemire and Jason Thompson. Poor attitude. Didn't work at Kansas. C skills in a PF body. Severe IQ issues. Tough. Long.

38. Richaun Holmes - PF Project that shows GREAT finishing abilities, some range, and rebounding abilities... and swats. Concern about motor and IQ.

39. Dakari Johnson - The Body Fat % winner could get into real shape and do more damage than Reggie Evans. Post skills of Kaman, but lacks tremendous length or explosiveness to emulate the same shots. Rebounder. Average swatter.

40. Johnathan Holmes - Dante Cunningham. Average athlete. Shows 3pt. range, but really needs to refine his actual shot behind the arc.

41. Michael Frazier - SF in a SG body, but 3 and D. Hasn't shown the most consistent 3 range just yet. Solid in transition. FLAT jumpshot.

42. J.P. Tokoto - SG 3 and D, elite athlete, streaky shooter, but long trunk/short legs? Struggles with ball-handling.

43. Norman Powell - 6'11" wingspan, 3 and D role, but the jumpshot ran away from him. Needs a shooting coach to refine form.

44. Branden Dawson - Ruben Patterson, once again, needs a shot doctor. Shots the 3 like a shotput. Commitment to defense, rebounding, and finishing. Really a PF in a SG body.

45. Larry Nance Jr. - Louis Amundson with more range.

46. Moussa Diagne - Solid strong PF/C. Very good athlete, great wingspan, finisher. Project.

47. Pat Connaughton - Shooters with athleticism and commitment to defense make the L, usually.

48. Tyler Harvey - Not my favorite shooter, slight hitch on jumper. Volume shooter, #1 option. Streaky.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Updated list:

1. Jahlil Okafor
2. Emmanuel Mudiay
3. Karl Anthony Towns
4. WCS
5. D'Angelo Russell
6. Justise Winslow
7. Mario Hezonja
8. Kristap Porzingis
9. Trey Lyles
10. Stanley Johnson

11. Devin Booker
12. Kelly Oubre
13. Cameron Payne
14. Frank Kaminsky
15. Justin Anderson
16. Tyus Jones
17. Jerian Grant
18. Sam Dekker
19. Kevon Looney
20. Myles Turner

21. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
22. Montrezl Harrell
23. Norman Powell
24. Jarell Martin
25. Rakeem Christmas
26. Bobby Portis
27. Andrew Harrison

28. Delon Wright
29. George Lucas
30. J.P. Tokoto
31. Terry Rozier
32. Timothe Luwawu
33. Joseph Young
34. Tyler Harvey
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject:

My personal board:

1. Jahlil Okafor (Center)

2. Karl-Anthony Towns (Center/Power Forward)

3. Willie Cauley-Stein (Center)

4. Justise Winslow (Swingman)

5. D'Angelo Russell (Combo Guard)

6. Cameron Payne (Combo Guard)

7. Tyus Jones (Point Guard)

8. Emmanuel Mudiay (Combo Guard)

9. Stanley Johnson (Forward)

10. Myles Turner (Center)

11. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson (Swingman)

12. Frank Kaminsky (Center/Power Forward)

13. Mario Hezonja (Swingman)

14. Kristaps Porzingis (Center/Power Forward)

15. Jerian Grant (Combo Guard)

16. Montrezl Harrell (Forward)

17. Delon Wright (Combo Guard)

18. Justin Anderson (Swingman)

19. Trey Lyles (Forward)

20. Robert Upshaw (Center)

21. Joseph Young (Combo Guard)

22. Michael Frazier II (Swingman)

23. Kelly Oubre (Swingman)

24. Richaun Holmes (Forward)

25. Shawn Dawson (Swingman)

26. Wesley Saunders (Swingman)

27. Seth Tuttle (Forward)

28. Anthony Brown (Swingman)

29. Devin Booker (Swingman)

30. Bobby Portis (Power Forward/Center)

31. Rakeem Christmas (Center)

32. Jean-Pierre Tokoto (Swingman)

33. Terry Rozier (Point Guard)

34. Sam Dekker (Swingman)
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject:

Where is Upshaw on your list Mike? The first list you had him already up at 6. You would think that type of talent would be well worth the risk any where in the 2nd round
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36
Page 36 of 36
Jump to: