Malik Pope
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject:

I want this dude to declare. I think we'd have a chance to draft him
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeShaqalliance
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject:

I think he is going to declare 22. On popes twitter he is retweeting any tweets that project his draft stock. Fwiw chad ford now has pope going 12th. I don't think he goes that high, but I hope the Lakers get him somehow.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject:

KobeShaqalliance wrote:
I think he is going to declare 22. On popes twitter he is retweeting any tweets that project his draft stock. Fwiw chad ford now has pope going 12th. I don't think he goes that high, but I hope the Lakers get him somehow.

Thanks for the info! Now we just need for Ford to stop hyping him so he's still there at 27

Last edited by 22 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject:

KobeShaqalliance wrote:

All season on his Twitter he's been talking about how the future is bright at SDSU too.. He could be a garunteed lotto pick next year if he stays.. Or risk going in the 20s this year. Could cost him some money but maybe he just cashes out right now becuase of his injury history..
Idk
I'd do anything to draft him w HOU pick tho
KobeShaqalliance
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

All season on his Twitter he's been talking about how the future is bright at SDSU too.. He could be a garunteed lotto pick next year if he stays.. Or risk going in the 20s this year. Could cost him some money but maybe he just cashes out right now becuase of his injury history..
Idk
I'd do anything to draft him w HOU pick tho

I agree he is a lottery pick next year for sure. He will be the go to guy next year at SDSU. Being greedy it would be perfect for the Lakers to keep their top five pick and to nab Pope at 27. Only chance to get him this year if we keep the pick. Pope could drop to 27th because of rawness, injury concerns, and he needs to get stronger.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:51 am    Post subject:

The way Houston has been playing of late, that 27th pick can turn into a 23rd-24th pick pretty easily. They can drop from the 4th seed to 7th seed with just a few losses
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject:

You'd really be throwing him in way too much way too soon at this point. This is literally his "just coming back into the flow of the game" season.

If he declared now he'd rightfully be a 2nd round pick. HE hasn't even gotten a chance to truly get into a groove at the college level but you want to draft him and his body to the beating of an NBA season? Considering all the injuries this year to guys that came out and bodies weren't ready for the grind of the NBA, I'd worry about getting a guy who isn't even used to the college grind yet and putting him in the NBA.

Pope has a LOT of potential and would be a lottery pick next year, I see no reason why he should come out. There's also a few people I'd pick before him, strictly because he has major bust potential on the premise of not being ready REALLY not being ready if he came out this year. It's not just the talent it's the prep and I don't think Pope is ready to come out.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Low first round picks are usually busts.....Pope has a great chance to be a smart pick at that point in the draft.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
You'd really be throwing him in way too much way too soon at this point. This is literally his "just coming back into the flow of the game" season.

If he declared now he'd rightfully be a 2nd round pick. HE hasn't even gotten a chance to truly get into a groove at the college level but you want to draft him and his body to the beating of an NBA season? Considering all the injuries this year to guys that came out and bodies weren't ready for the grind of the NBA, I'd worry about getting a guy who isn't even used to the college grind yet and putting him in the NBA.

Pope has a LOT of potential and would be a lottery pick next year, I see no reason why he should come out. There's also a few people I'd pick before him, strictly because he has major bust potential on the premise of not being ready REALLY not being ready if he came out this year. It's not just the talent it's the prep and I don't think Pope is ready to come out.

That sounds like EXACTLY the guy you take late in the first round. A guy with enormous potential but isn't ready (aka Rudy Gobert).

The Lakers do a good job of not heaping expectations on rookies and bringing them along slowly. They would provide Pope the space and time to develop. I hope he does declare this year because that's the only chance we'll have to get him
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject:

He didn't end up playing the kind of minutes (459 for the season) that would have yielded more extensive and diverse highlights, but these are probably the best of 'em:

The latest is that he's almost certainly returning for his sophomore year (unless Coach Fisher was to receive completely unexpected draft information projecting him into the lottery, which is extremely unlikely given his lack of experience at this point) ...
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Malik Pope returning to SDSU for his sophomore season ...

http://www.goaztecs.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040815aaa.html
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
Malik Pope returning to SDSU for his sophomore season ...

http://www.goaztecs.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/040815aaa.html

Good, that's the best plan for him. If he does well next year and remains healthy he'll be a lottery pick no question.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: