2017 Draft Class preview
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:32 am    Post subject:

fultz really out here looking like DLO with even bigger hands and more explosiveness smh

https://twitter.com/UW_MBB/status/799493818936598529

got me upset. grassfed better do work with russell over the offseason and get him brolic
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject:

If we tanked and got Fultz would people still be mad?

Fultz is a top tier offensive talent already and will probably be a top offensive player in the NBA.
Plaza234
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Put Malik Monk in the top 3. He's amazing. Scored 47 vs Carolina.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject:

Highly disagree with Monk as top 3.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject:

i would strongly consider trading dlo for the #1 pick to get fultz.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
i would strongly consider trading dlo for the #1 pick to get fultz.

Lol, and you think whoever gets the #1 pick would trade it for Russell? Offer Russell for it and they'd laugh.
Vesper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject:

76ers would trade their pick for Russelll.

Russell might be the ideal fit next to Simmons +Embiid and reunite the Florida crew again together.
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Man I love Caleb Swanigan. This kid will make it in the NBA. I really hope we can get another pick in this draft and pick him up.

vs MSU

vs ND

vs Villanova
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Dennis Smith has Smelts written all over him. That's their kind of attitude. He's a good'n.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Who's yer top 5 at this moment in time, Mike?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I've been debating back and forth the past couple of weeks about who is the BPA at #2 and #3. I think Monk could be top 3 (especially if the Lakers are at that pick), but I think he would need to show PG ball-handling/awareness like Booker did, during his Pre-Draft workout.

I also have Lonzo Ball and Smith Jr. slipping. Lonzo Ball has been exposed the past two games. Smith Jr., wasn't as athletic as I originally thought, but he is still shifty.

1. Fultz

2. Ball (I need to find something convincing that he'll improve eFG%, resemble passing hoop IQ like Jokic)

3. Tatum
4. Josh Jackson (if shooting continues to improve)/Jonathan Isaac if you're willing to wait.

5. Malik Monk/Lauri Makkenen (offensive dynamites that nearly have zero defensive numbers for their respective positions)

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I've been debating back and forth the past couple of weeks about who is the BPA at #2 and #3. I think Monk could be top 3 (especially if the Lakers are at that pick), but I think he would need to show PG ball-handling/awareness like Booker did, during his Pre-Draft workout.

I also have Lonzo Ball and Smith Jr. slipping. Lonzo Ball has been exposed the past two games. Smith Jr., wasn't as athletic as I originally thought, but he is still shifty.

1. Fultz

2. Ball (I need to find something convincing that he'll improve eFG%, resemble passing hoop IQ like Jokic)

3. Tatum
4. Josh Jackson (if shooting continues to improve)/Jonathan Isaac if you're willing to wait.

5. Malik Monk/Lauri Makkenen (offensive dynamites that nearly have zero defensive numbers for their respective positions)

Watching Fultz lites gives me a distinctly depressed feeling. Makes me sigh. It's like watching the D'Angelo we HOPE will ever come to fruition, but with athleticism that Gelo will never have. Fultz's sharp 360 spins when he hard cuts into the lane are nnnnnoooooyce. His set up abilities are noticeable. I need to see a lot more of him before I assign the "great court vision" label that Gelo got a little too much of imo. Re Gelo, I'm pretty sure someone dared to invoke a comparison with Kidd/Magic. I wanna skip that hyperbole until I get more info. Fultz is a talented kid tho, man. He's got a strong handle, nice 1st step, excellent hops (did a Bron style cockback slam from the dots), looks like he has a solid perimeter shot off of screens, a few highlight blocks - maybe indicating a consistent desire to play D, great spins and looks to be able to hit a load of semi-hooks and finger rolls (absorbs contact to boot). ...Yowza.

This is a nice compilation.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Fultz is the sharp passer that D'Angelo Russell is, but he has no issue making good reads with crosscourt passes in a large variety of situations.

What kills me about Fultz is, he's considerably stronger than Russell and has more bounce in open space.

When teams try to hard hedge or double team him, he almost breaks those at will, with a mile of space to operate. He's perfectly comfortable from midrange or having those wide angle, Kyrie-like finishes around the hoop.

What surprises me more, are his instances of rim protection. He does have a propensity to hustle back on D to prevent fast break points or even in a halfcourt set for a blocked shot. He fills a stat sheet across the entire board, and it looks completely effortless.

lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

1. Fultz

3. Tatum

i assume that comment next to ball in the parentheses was meant for tatum cause ball's eFG% is still something insane even after the bad usc game.

but yeah 23 FGA for 16 points against arizona is terrible by fultz. i think fultz and ball are still head and shoulders above smith and the rest of the class, even though i think the gap between fultz and ball is way smaller than most do
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject:

It was meant for Ball. I don't think he has a great first step on offense, has average shake, and is easy to bait into no man's land. Passing is the only reason why he's this high on draft list in the first place.

I was expecting this kind of game today by Fultz. His first bad game in what, 2 months?

lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
It was meant for Ball. I don't think he has a great first step on offense, has average shake, and is easy to bait into no man's land. Passing is the only reason why he's this high on draft list in the first place.

I was expecting this kind of game today by Fultz. His first bad game in what, 2 months?

Bad games in conference play against wazzou and cal for fultz, but at least TOs never get out of control. He puts up a ton of FGA so naturally once in a while he'll have an off night

And I don't understand your comment about wanting ball to improve his eFG%. It's seventh in the entire country. 66% is awesome
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Bad games this month in conference play against wazzou and cal for fultz, but at least TOs never get out of control. He puts up a ton of FGA so naturally once in a while he'll have an off night

And I don't understand your comment about wanting ball to improve his eFG%. It's seventh in the entire country. 66% is awesome
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Bad games in conference play against wazzou and cal for fultz, but at least TOs never get out of control. He puts up a ton of FGA so naturally once in a while he'll have an off night

The team's eFG% at the NBA level. Ball is fortunate to surround himself with a lot of catch and shoot players and it fits him well.

lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

The team's eFG% at the NBA level. Ball is fortunate to surround himself with a lot of catch and shoot players and it fits him well.

Hamilton/Alford/Welsh all having career shooting years. They're okay college shooters not GOATs out there. In terms of eye test you see ball setting them up with perfect shots. I don't think it's a coincidence UCLA suddenly has the best eFG% ever once lonzo joins
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Hamilton/Alford/Welsh all having career shooting years. They're okay college shooters not GOATs out there. In terms of eye test you see ball setting them up with perfect shots. I don't think it's a coincidence UCLA suddenly has the best eFG% ever once lonzo joins

That's what I mean.

They're all placed into catch and shoot situations. The Lakers don't exactly have shooters like UCLA's frontline.

I'm also not as convinced of Lonzo Ball's shake and athleticism. It works at the NCAA level, not sure if it's as effective NBA level. Getting to certain spots on the floor may be more difficult...

CannonBrown
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:50 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how well do you think DLO would play, if he replaced Ball on the UCLA team this year?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject:

CannonBrown wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
lkjhf wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how well do you think DLO would play, if he replaced Ball on the UCLA team this year?

Nearly as good? DLO never had those shooters at Ohio St., but he got everything he could out of his team. I think DLO would be a more aggressive scorer too. However, Ohio St. didn't play with the kind of tempo that UCLA did.

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

I always enjoy reading the opinions and analysis in the draft threads.

I like Lonzo Ball a lot more than MikeLG does and I respect Mike's opinion. Mike is right that Lonzo is only this high on the board due to his passing abilities and that there are some flaws in his game, but I think there might be something special in this guy like a Jason Kidd type.

He really is a brilliant passer, he also has the requisite size you would like ideally at the position.

I think he could be a dynamic pro, I am not as familiar with Fultz but by all accounts he is going to be a standout.

What do you guys think of Trier at Arizona?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject:

^Should be as high as a mid 1st pick. Think he slipped because of some offcourt issues at Arizona, but I never bothered to look. All of the tools are there in terms of athleticism, aggression, wingspan/hands.

Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:34 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

1. Fultz

3. Tatum

Watching Fultz lites gives me a distinctly depressed feeling. Makes me sigh. It's like watching the D'Angelo we HOPE will ever come to fruition, but with athleticism that Gelo will never have. Fultz's sharp 360 spins when he hard cuts into the lane are nnnnnoooooyce. His set up abilities are noticeable. I need to see a lot more of him before I assign the "great court vision" label that Gelo got a little too much of imo. Re Gelo, I'm pretty sure someone dared to invoke a comparison with Kidd/Magic. I wanna skip that hyperbole until I get more info. Fultz is a talented kid tho, man. He's got a strong handle, nice 1st step, excellent hops (did a Bron style cockback slam from the dots), looks like he has a solid perimeter shot off of screens, a few highlight blocks - maybe indicating a consistent desire to play D, great spins and looks to be able to hit a load of semi-hooks and finger rolls (absorbs contact to boot). ...Yowza.

This is a nice compilation.

No need to be depressed. I think in due time, we'll see they are completely different players. Fultz isn't going to be a point guard in the NBA, I see a lot of Wade in him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: