Official Goodbye LUKE WALTON Thread (Luke/Lakers Part Ways, p. 792, Signs Deal with Kings p. 809)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 649, 650, 651 ... 816, 817, 818  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:18 pm    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Day wrote:
I called the loss right when I saw that opening 4th quarter lineup. It made absolutely no sense. To start the 4th, if I recall correctly was LeBron, Beasley, Chandler, Svi, and KCP. Why was LeBron out there with this group to start the 4th?

First of all we had a good lead so why put LeBron out at all if there is a good chance he can sit the entire 4th. If we pushed the lead then he would never have go to back into the game and if the game was close he could come in like normal with 6-7 minutes left.

Instead, he starts the 4th with a bench unit and we give back the lead meaning he has to come out or play the entire 4th. Of course we give back the lead, give them momentum at home, and it was entirely because of the lineup we sent out there.

Yup. The worst thing for Luke is a 10+ point lead. He thinks it’s an opportunity to try out wacko lineups like the one that started the 4th

I think the Lakers could have LBJ and 4 other superstars on the team, and Luke would find a way to still lose games!

um

what about his record when he coached GSW when Kerr was out
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Day wrote:
I called the loss right when I saw that opening 4th quarter lineup. It made absolutely no sense. To start the 4th, if I recall correctly was LeBron, Beasley, Chandler, Svi, and KCP. Why was LeBron out there with this group to start the 4th?

First of all we had a good lead so why put LeBron out at all if there is a good chance he can sit the entire 4th. If we pushed the lead then he would never have go to back into the game and if the game was close he could come in like normal with 6-7 minutes left.

Instead, he starts the 4th with a bench unit and we give back the lead meaning he has to come out or play the entire 4th. Of course we give back the lead, give them momentum at home, and it was entirely because of the lineup we sent out there.

Yup. The worst thing for Luke is a 10+ point lead. He thinks it’s an opportunity to try out wacko lineups like the one that started the 4th

I think the Lakers could have LBJ and 4 other superstars on the team, and Luke would find a way to still lose games!

um

um

First of all, I meant it sarcastically. Second, besides Luke who were on the GSW coaching staff as selected by Kerr at that time vs. who has Luke selected for his coaching staff for the past 3 seasons at Lakers? Even Luke could not screw-up GSW; there were too many positives established by Kerr for Luke to overcome! lol

I do not pretend to be an expert on basketball like many on LG, but there is no doubt in my mind that Luke and his coaching staff are way below average.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:49 pm    Post subject:

HermosaJoe wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Day wrote:

um

um

First of all, I meant it sarcastically. Second, besides Luke who were on the GSW coaching staff as selected by Kerr at that time vs. who has Luke selected for his coaching staff for the past 3 seasons at Lakers? Even Luke could not screw-up GSW; there were too many positives established by Kerr for Luke to overcome! lol

I do not pretend to be an expert on basketball like many on LG, but there is no doubt in my mind that Luke and his coaching staff are way below average.

completely agree that the coaching staff around luke right now sucks

personally I don't really think luke is the problem – he's just, as of now, the kind of coach who needs good Xs and Os guys around him
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Walton, like me on LG, is probably not gonna make it to next season.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
HermosaJoe wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Day wrote:

um

I'd take the rest of the GSW assistant coaching staff over Luke.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

welcome back, joe
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:15 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:

welcome back, joe

‘Preciate it sir.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:

Dang. Now I might he rooting for Luke to get canned
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Lakers win against the Grizz, while playing a complete game on both ends of the floor! Also, got a great contribution from the bench! LUKE SUCKS! LUKE SUCKS!!! Come on now, all you Puke Walton haters! Win or lose, keep that same energy!!!
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

He's doing a Tyron Lue-esque job.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Good win.
Check out the record on back to backs
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
He's doing a Tyron Lue-esque job.

I definitely don't agree with you, but I can at least appreciate you consistency!
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

I thought Luke did a good job with rotations tonight. So we have to give him props tonight.

I will also give my thoughts on the Spurs game yesterday. I avoided this forum like a plague last night as I expected cancer. I thought we played well enough to win the game (I won't get into the refs).

We don't a really legit half court offense other than Lebron (tho I like what I'm seeing from Kuz) and we still have trouble guarding the perimeter off screen and rolls. Hopefully we fix that soon. I have faith as I have seen the team turn around last year on defense.

In my opinion, Luke is gone at the end of season unless we overachieve immensely. I mean like game 6 of WCF level of overachievement. Even if Luke coaches well enough for us to make the 2nd round. We have no idea what Luke would do in a clutch situation like game 7 with a game tied. I don't think the FO can count on Luke improving that much in one year especially with Lebron and a championship window.

Luke is a nice guy and I think he will be a good coach. So those just my thoughts on Luke. I will cheer for him as long as he is here.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:46 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
keep that same energy
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject:

The motion was rockin in this one.

We milked that double staggered screen for all it was worth.
Nice rec. coach.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject:

This team are building better chemistry now. The know each other better both offensively and defensively and start to show up at right place right time.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject:

Offensively we have been the same. The only difference is we are making open shots tonight unlike last night. Some of us have been saying before season started that we lack another qualified center and shooters. After we have improved both of these factors (signing Chandler and improved shooting), we have been playing well. I have doubt about him being a championship team coach but he is not our main weakness this season.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:06 am    Post subject:

Any tactician or strategist here than can explain why at the end of the first quarter, 5 seconds to go, he subs out Tyson Chandler so we run a 5 guard lineup?

Opponent proceeds to run it straight to the hoop for an easy score.

I know a lot of posters here don't like it when luke gets criticised but stuff like this is exactly how playoff teams lose series. I'm not even going to go on about that 11-0 run before he finally takes a timeout in the third. But back to the point.

When would it ever be a good idea to sub out your rim protector at the end of the first quarter -> not a game winning shot mind you, just a regular first quarter ending. Why run with 5 guards when the opponent has 2 bigs in their lineup? How does this make any sense
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Any tactician or strategist here than can explain why at the end of the first quarter, 5 seconds to go, he subs out Tyson Chandler so we run a 5 guard lineup?

I know a lot of posters here don't like it when luke gets criticised but stuff like this is exactly how playoff teams lose series. I'm not even going to go on about that 11-0 run before he finally takes a timeout in the third. But back to the point.

When would it ever be a good idea to sub out your rim protector at the end of the first quarter -> not a game winning shot mind you, just a regular first quarter ending. Why run with 5 guards when the opponent has 2 bigs in their lineup? How does this make any sense

I didn't get that one either. Neither Tyson nor Javale were in foul trouble.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:51 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

It’s bit us in the ass 2 games in a row. When Luke did it in San Antonio, they immediately scored an easy layup at the hoop, the camera then panned over to Tyson visibily pissed on the bench. Why does Luke do this?
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

When the Lakers were bleeding in the third quarter, I think people were talking about how Luke took out Lonzo, inserted KCP. The 3 pointer KCP immediately hit help stop the bleeding. It was a nice move from Luke
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

I didn't get that one either. Neither Tyson nor Javale were in foul trouble.

I was screaming at the TV on that one. That's exactly the scenario where you'd want to sub IN a guy like Tyson, but Luke took him out and it led to an easy basket at the rim. That one made no sense to me.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

It has been impacted by injury and suspension, but you can see Luke starting to solidify a rotation. Seems seven guys have pretty set roles. That included McGee and Tyson splitting big minutes which could make the rotation ten deep. Balancing short term / long term objectives while filling team needs now will be a challenge.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Luke in elite company

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1072280983255351296/photo/1
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
Luke in elite company

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1072280983255351296/photo/1

Luke puts that 03 class over the top.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 649, 650, 651 ... 816, 817, 818  Next
Page 650 of 818
Jump to: