OFFICIAL BRANDON INGRAM THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1876, 1877, 1878 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Personally think the pels would be wise to bench Zion. Bring him off the bench for a bit and allow the guys to slowly bring him along and help with him. They were playing some terrific hoops before Zions return and everyone understood their roles. No one seems to be playing great now. They were on the verge of playoff hunt. Now they simply don’t look great.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject:

He still has a lot to learn.. Not an efficient player when there's a good defender on him, nor does he play smart under those circumstances. Off ball IQ on D also still not good at all.

He's 22 though..
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Personally think the pels would be wise to bench Zion. Bring him off the bench for a bit and allow the guys to slowly bring him along and help with him. They were playing some terrific hoops before Zions return and everyone understood their roles. No one seems to be playing great now. They were on the verge of playoff hunt. Now they simply don’t look great.

Yea you can tell they're trying to figure out how to play with him.. I'm not sure what the fix is for that. I suppose reps and time will do it.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Ingram's scoring is going down...
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:29 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Yea you can tell they're trying to figure out how to play with him.. I'm not sure what the fix is for that. I suppose reps and time will do it.

That damn injury really set them back. They were on the cusp. Bi gotta get it going.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:17 am    Post subject:

Micah Adams
@MicahAdams13
Pelicans starters last 2 games

+19 Zion Williamson
+18
+17
+16
+15
+14
+13
+12
+11
+10
+9
+8
+7
+6
+5
+4
+3
+2
+1
-2 Jrue Holiday
-4 Derrick Favors
-11 Lonzo Ball
-14 Brandon Ingram
8:18 PM · Jan 24, 2020 from Fort Mill, SC·Twitter for iPhonE
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:24 am    Post subject:

As a 2nd option to start games, not looking so great for Ingram.

It will only get harder. By next season, Zion will be the clear cut go to guy that Ball looks for and Ingram's usage and touches will be a lot different. It would even more difficult for Ingram to have to play with Lebron and say an Anthony Davis because Ingram prefers the ball in his hands as well. Ball dominant guys, it's a little difficult for them. To tell a guy like that, hey just sit back and spot up and move off the ball, not too many players make that adjustment easily.

Anyway longrun, a trio like Zion, Ingram, Ball they should figure it out. A lot of balance there with the talent the Pels have. Ball is an exceptional passer and teammate, he was actually the guy I valued most of the Lakers former young core. I think they will be good next season and Ingram will figure it out how to be a 2nd option. They need to defend though, because defensively I think Ingram has a lot of potential, but doesn't always bring it. Zion, I question as a defender too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

It will only get harder. By next season, Zion will be the clear cut go to guy that Ball looks for and Ingram's usage and touches will be a lot different. It would even more difficult for Ingram to have to play with Lebron and say an Anthony Davis because Ingram prefers the ball in his hands as well. Ball dominant guys, it's a little difficult for them. To tell a guy like that, hey just sit back and spot up and move off the ball, not too many players make that adjustment easily.

Anyway longrun, a trio like Zion, Ingram, Ball they should figure it out. A lot of balance there with the talent the Pels have. Ball is an exceptional passer and teammate, he was actually the guy I valued most of the Lakers former young core. I think they will be good next season and Ingram will figure it out how to be a 2nd option. They need to defend though, because defensively I think Ingram has a lot of potential, but doesn't always bring it. Zion, I question as a defender too.

Yes We should definitely make a judgement after only two games. Good thing you were around the last couple years to make those same calls during The rough stages. Oh wait
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Yes We should definitely make a judgement after only two games. Good thing you were around the last couple years to make those same calls during The rough stages. Oh wait

BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:14 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

No, Zion needs to continue starting. He and BI need the reps to figure out how to play together. Jrue on the other hand needs to go. They need to trade him because he’s still acting like it’s his team. He’s playing with ulterior motives right now freezing BI out getting him out of his rhythm.

I think Redick needs to go or come off the bench, he has been disappointing in terms of being a good veteran. His situation is a bit trickier tho as the Pels need his shooting but he seems like a weird fit, I’ve liked Hart, and E'Twaun Moore better at the 2 since they seem to just play team ball. Unlike Redick who seems tense most times on the court trying to prove that he is some sort of leader on the floor and in the locker room. He should focus on not being a negative player first, then lead as a veteran.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject:

You need to play BI and Zion as much as possible. Get intel before the season is over and assess when you have to max BI. Get them reps and start figuring this out.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Reps and time is what they need. And maybe a better coach.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Agreed, now that I think about it one way to expedite better chemistry is to run PnR action with them.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
You need to play BI and Zion as much as possible. Get intel before the season is over and assess when you have to max BI. Get them reps and start figuring this out.

Ingram is getting a max no matter what happens.. Either from the Pels, or somewhere else. I also believe this is where the coaching staff needs to earn its pay. They have to figure out how to make it work.

Last edited by SocalDevin on Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

For years now I've been saying Alvin Gentry shouldn't have a coaching job. He's coached 17 seasons. He's only had a winning record 5 times. And made the playoffs 3 times. In a league where over 1/2 the teams make the playoffs. That's bad.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:47 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Ingram is getting a max no matter what happens.. Either from the Pels, or somewhere else. I also believe this is where the coaching staff needs to earn its pay. They have to figure out how to make it work.

For sure. Just saying if you’re the Pels it shouldn’t be about this year’s playoffs but starting to figure out who to invest in long term. Don’t bench Zo or BI for JJ or something short term like that.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Definitely a better HC.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:39 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

Definitely a better HC.

AG was fine up until now. I don’t think he has what it takes to figure this roster out and coach it to the best of its abilities.

Pelicans have a problem. Pelicans can be a seriously good team with the right coach and an absolute mess with the wrong one because there’s one basketball between a ton of guys that all need the ball in their hands.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:45 am    Post subject:

All they have to do is learn to play together and get some chemistry going and finding what offense works for the three of them.

It was always going to be a process and they've missed out on months of chemistry. Deciding "they can't play together" after 2 games when they've spent months playing one way, and now have to switch that and find another way to play is a bit premature.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:54 am    Post subject:

Up the PnR reps between Zion and BI.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:49 am    Post subject:

Kobe passed away with his daughter
I can’t believe that
so I deleted my response (not worth it)
Beyond sad man

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:57 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Good place to start
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Yep, same thing I was saying.. Let's hope the coaches see this.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject:

am i the only noticed BI's not putting up his usual numbers since Zion started playing?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
am i the only noticed BI's not putting up his usual numbers since Zion started playing?

That's kinda what we've been talking about boss lol..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1876, 1877, 1878 ... 1883, 1884, 1885  Next
Page 1877 of 1885
Jump to: