THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1550, 1551, 1552 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

Pelosi says Trump's family needs to stage 'an intervention'

Quote:
A day after President Donald Trump walked out of a meeting with congressional Democrats, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi appeared emboldened by the fracas, capitalizing on the showdown to move past her party’s growing divisions regarding the prospect of impeaching the president.

“He pulled a stunt,” Pelosi, D-Calif., told reporters at a news conference in the Capitol Thursday. "the president has a bag of tricks and the White House has a bag of tricks that they save for certain occasions. They don't necessarily apply to the occasion, but they're a distraction.
"

Quote:
Pelosi said she continues to pray for Trump, and believes he needs "an intervention."

“Now this time, another temper tantrum,” she said. "I pray for the president of the United States. I wish that his family or his administration or his staff would have an intervention for the good of the country."

Quote:
Trump gave his version of events in a tweet Thursday morning.

Quote:
Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
I was extremely calm yesterday with my meeting with Pelosi and Schumer, knowing that they would say I was raging, which they always do, along with their partner, the Fake News Media. Well, so many stories about the meeting use the Rage narrative anyway - Fake & Corrupt Press!

I will prove that I'm not a raging lunatic man-baby -- by acting like a raging lunatic man-baby.

Quote:
Pelosi’s decision to accuse Trump of a “cover-up” Thursday infuriated the president, but the speaker emphasized it was not the first time she had suggested his conduct amounted to a cover up, and she claimed she did not intend to provoke Trump into an outburst that has all but ended any fleeting prospect of bipartisanship. Instead, she believes Trump "wasn't up to the task of figuring out the difficult choices of how to cover the cost of the important infrastructure legislation."

"There's a question of the American people understanding that what he's doing is an assault on the Constitution of the United States," Pelosi said, justifying her caucus's widening investigations. "We can walk and chew gum at the same time. I hope he can, too."

She has a unique ability to get under his skin without actually sounding like a witch.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
I dislike Bernie at this point.

Has he done something recently that you don't agree with?

It's been a slow build since the end of the '16 Election and since. It just really became cemented going into this election cycle when he once again attached himself to the Dems, promising to start to "play nice" and then immediately staffed his team with people who play attack politics.

I just don't believe him anymore and find him very insincere. He's in it for himself, no matter how much he plays the "Progressive dude looking to help the everyman".

That said, I'll vote for him if he's the guy in November '20.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

Washington Post: If 2020 comes down to turnout, a white male Democratic nominee might be a problem for his party

Quote:
For Democrats, it is unquestionably the case that having a white man on the ballot next November will spur turnout and energy among even infrequent voters. That white man is President Trump, whose unpopularity with members of the opposing party led to midterm turnout that we hadn’t seen in a century.

It’s an open question, though, how having a white man representing their own party might boost or dampen Democratic enthusiasm. New data from Pew Research Center, though, suggest that nominating another white man might be problematic for the party.

Most Democrats are white, but far more of the party is nonwhite than is the case with Republicans. About a fifth of Democrats are either black or Hispanic, compared to 8 percent of the GOP according to Pew data released last year.

Quote:
Black and Hispanic Democrats told Pew this month that, overall, having a white Democratic nominee wouldn’t really affect their enthusiasm. Among those who did say that a white nominee would affect their enthusiasm, respondents were more than twice as likely to say that their enthusiasm for a white candidate would be lower than higher. (Among white Democrats, it was basically a wash.)

Quote:
The same wasn’t true of a hypothetical black nominee. Among black Democrats in particular, respondents indicated much more enthusiasm. White Democrats were five times as likely to say they’d be more enthusiastic than less enthusiastic.

Quote:
The same held true for a hypothetical Hispanic nominee. Hispanic Democrats expressed far more enthusiasm about the prospect, but white and black Democrats did, too.

Quote:
The difference between the apathetic response to another white nominee and a potential nominee of color was stark. But not as stark as the other option that Pew presented: What if the nominee were a white man?

Most respondents still said that such a candidate wouldn’t affect their enthusiasm. But among those who did think it would affect their enthusiasm? They were far more likely to say that their enthusiasm for such a candidate would wane.

Quote:
Why does this matter? In part because of an under-recognized trend in the 2016 election.

That year, an estimated 4.4 million voters who’d supported Barack Obama in 2012 didn’t cast a ballot. More than half of those Obama voters who didn’t vote in 2016 -- the top bar on the graph below -- were nonwhite.

Quote:
But in an election where Democrats don’t want to leave anything to chance, more than 15 percent of Democrats saying that a white male nominee will dampen their enthusiasm to vote is something to which the party might want to pay attention.

Charts and graphs with the data at above link.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

In light of above, if Biden wins the nomination, then I would think Kamala Harris would have to be the VP pick -- if she's interested.

(But I personally would still love a Harris/Warren or Warren/Harris ticket.)
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

Republican Justin Amash once again laying out Trump's misdeeds, gleaned directly from the Mueller report. You could take this thread and draft articles of impeachment directly from it.

Link to twitter thread
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Republican Justin Amash once again laying out Trump's misdeeds, gleaned directly from the Mueller report. You could take this thread and draft articles of impeachment directly from it.

Link to twitter thread

doesn't matter if democrats won't impeach
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Link to twitter thread

The Mueller report is very damaging. There's definitively enough for a impeachment inquiry. Democrats have access to this information they must use it. Nancy Pelosi is caught between a rock and a hard place.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Link to twitter thread

The Mueller report is very damaging. There's definitively enough for a impeachment inquiry. Democrats have access to this information they must use it. Nancy Pelosi is caught between a rock and a hard place.

I don't think that's possible
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Link to twitter thread

I think it is important to note what went on with Schiff/Barr yesterday iirc

The DOJ was not handing over the Counter Intelligence portion
of the Mueller Report. This is HUGE...
Anyhow Schiff put his career on his threat and told them he will hold Barr
accountable by Law.. if they do not hand over the documents..
They made him promise not to takedown Barr and they will provide the documents..

WT?^^is that ... The documents come with ZERO (bleep).. They are to be given over with NO Hassle.. as soon as asked..

Justice Department willing to hand over counterintelligence if Schiff backs off 'enforcement action'

Quote:
The Justice Department is trying to stave off an "enforcement action" against Attorney General William Barr this week, making a rare offer to have the House Intelligence Committee review materials from special counsel Robert Mueller's report if House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff agrees to back down.
Last week Schiff said that he would hold a business meeting Wednesday to take an unspecified action against the Justice Department for not providing the committee documents related to Volume I of Mueller's report on links between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.

This is necessary to make Trump Squirm.. he will .. and when he does.. alll around him freak out.. I said Squirm.. not Squeal..

His bank docs
Now all the communication between his team and dark assets from the russian government.. will be in Schiffs hands soon.

**Big question.. what kind of individuals does it take to desire to hide this information from Officials who want to protect the USA?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Link to twitter thread

I think it is important to note what went on with Schiff/Barr yesterday iirc

The DOJ was not handing over the Counter Intelligence portion
of the Mueller Report. This is HUGE...
Anyhow Schiff put his career on his threat and told them he will hold Barr
accountable by Law.. if they do not hand over the documents..
They made him promise not to takedown Barr and they will provide the documents..

WT?^^is that ... The documents come with ZERO (bleep).. They are to be given over with NO Hassle.. as soon as asked..

Justice Department willing to hand over counterintelligence if Schiff backs off 'enforcement action'

Quote:
The Justice Department is trying to stave off an "enforcement action" against Attorney General William Barr this week, making a rare offer to have the House Intelligence Committee review materials from special counsel Robert Mueller's report if House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff agrees to back down.
Last week Schiff said that he would hold a business meeting Wednesday to take an unspecified action against the Justice Department for not providing the committee documents related to Volume I of Mueller's report on links between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.

This is necessary to make Trump Squirm.. he will .. and when he does.. alll around him freak out.. I said Squirm.. not Squeal..

His bank docs
Now all the communication between his team and dark assets from the russian government.. will be in Schiffs hands soon.

**Big question.. what kind of individuals does it take to desire to hide this information from Officials who want to protect the USA?

The bolded is same as Trump holding infrastructure repair unless Russia investigation is stopped... both are called extorsion
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Kamala Harris has a real chance to win the Oval Office. I'd like to see her made AG. She has the experience and I think integrity.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't think Kamala Harris has a real chance to win the Oval Office. I'd like to see her made AG. She has the experience and I think integrity.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Dems should trade Tulsi Gabbard for Justin Amash straight up. Who says no?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

‘He always brings them up’: Trump tries to steer border wall deal to North Dakota firm
turn off js to get around the paywall

Quote:
President Trump has personally and repeatedly urged the head of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to award a border wall contract to a North Dakota construction firm whose top executive is a GOP donor and frequent guest on Fox News, according to four administration officials.

In phone calls, White House meetings and conversations aboard Air Force One during the past several months, Trump has aggressively pushed Dickinson, N.D.-based Fisher Industries to Department of Homeland Security leaders and Lt. Gen. Todd Semonite, the commanding general of the Army Corps, according to the administration officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity. The push for a specific company has alarmed military commanders and DHS officials.

This is no surprise. trump has the same idea with all infrastructure bills...with kickbacks from his friends. The don must get his taste

he will target the disaster relief over the next two years to buy votes...expect more farm and manufacturing bailouts around election time for more votes and he will send servicemen overseas to manipulate their mail-in votes
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Link to twitter thread

The truth always matters. Don't fall for the Trump era 1984-authoritarian-propaganda that "nothing matters." Of course the truth matters. Of course any politician laying out the facts is important. Of course a Republican politician laying out the facts matters.

Just because there are 9,000 other scandals and an obstructionist GOP party, we don't need to help them by repeating their mantra that "it doesn't matter."
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

“Today, at the request and recommendation of the Attorney General of the United States, President Donald J. Trump directed the intelligence community to quickly and fully cooperate with the Attorney General’s investigation into surveillance activities....

...yada yada yada

investigate you idiot...there's nothing to hide and everyone will laugh at what you make up
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

The Shining

^^^ must see jpg

New Yorker cover titled 'The Shining' shows Graham, McConnell, Barr polishing Trump's shoes

Quote:
The upcoming cover of The New Yorker magazine shows President Trump sitting upright in a chair as Attorney General William Barr, along with Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), polish his shoes.

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

You’re watching Fox News. You just don’t know it.

Quote:
Fox News was created to push right-wing nonsense to the mainstream, and now there’s no escape.

Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

Quote:
Fox News was created to push right-wing nonsense to the mainstream, and now there’s no escape.

I don't see a way out of this. Many conservatives now say that Fox News is the only credible news without a liberal bias and refuse to watch anything else. Journalists who are also liberals are overly sensitive so they overreact to the right wing propaganda machine. Corporate media routinely smears political candidates who it considers too far on the left or right.

Even though the phrase was coined by Trump, Fake News really is a thing, and social media has only exacerbated this problem.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Quote:

I don't see a way out of this. Many conservatives now say that Fox News is the only credible news without a liberal bias and refuse to watch anything else. Journalists who are also liberals are overly sensitive so they overreact to the right wing propaganda machine. Corporate media routinely smears political candidates who it considers too far on the left or right.

Even though the phrase was coined by Trump, Fake News really is a thing, and social media has only exacerbated this problem.

trump didn't coin fake news or define it he is fake news in its essence with his lying...if conservatives can't tell when they are being lied to need to stop listening and start reading
Point is there is no liberal media
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
https://youtu.be/D06SKuQ7p5M

I was just going to post how quickly we forget that the media turns down the mics so it is not picked up but it's the same every time he speaks

not healthy...some kind of heart condition or maybe just drugs like coke
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Quote:

I'll agree so far as it applies to Fox News and social media, but fake news is far more a factor of news-I-don't-like-because-doesn't-agree-with-my-provincial-narrow-minded-preconceptions (or makes me look bad, as with Trump), than the media in general.

Last edited by ribeye on Fri May 24, 2019 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Surfitall wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Quote:

I'll agree so far as it applies to Fox News and social media, but fake news is far more a factor of news-I-don't-like-because-doesn't-agree-with-my-provincial-narrow-minded-preconceptions (or makes me look bad, as with Trump), than news in general.

to the right fake news is anything trump doesn't like
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
In light of above, if Biden wins the nomination, then I would think Kamala Harris would have to be the VP pick -- if she's interested.

(But I personally would still love a Harris/Warren or Warren/Harris ticket.)

I've heard a lot of talk that Biden has already pegged Stacey Abrams to be his running mate, if he should win the nomination.

Harris, as mentioned would be a great AG. I'd also like to see someone like Yang get Secretary of Commerce
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1550, 1551, 1552 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1551 of 3663
Jump to: