THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1573, 1574, 1575 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I usually don't wish ill will on anyone but in the case of SHS I hope no one employs her. She's as much a deviant as Trump. He lied she swore to them.

Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders Leaving The White House

LINK

Quote:
Sanders addressed her departure at a White House event. "This has been the honor of a lifetime, the opportunity of a lifetime," she said. “It's truly been something I will treasure forever. It’s one of the greatest jobs I could ever have. I have loved every minute, even the hard minutes. … It's the truly the most special experience. The only one I can think of that might top it just a little bit is the fact that I’m a mom. I have three amazing kids. And I’m going to spend a little more time with them."

How can she face those kids? How much hell are they catching in school because of her tenure as PS? IMO she's shameless. I have no sympathy for her I do her children.

They're going to grow up just like her. Imagine being spoon fed that for 18 years of your life.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Fom Twitter:

Quote:
Possible Sarah Sanders replacements:
- the boy who cried wolf
- a polygraph machine with a bullet in it
- a rug
- a text from an old friend that says “let’s hang out soon”
- her dog-murdering brother
- an actual pair of pants on fire

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Something crazy

I was just going to post last night about Hope Hicks

She is new executive vice president and chief communications officer at Fox

I can see that lying tractor (I typed traitor) Huckabee working
In Trump's reelection campaign or a vitriolic mouthpiece at Fox.

Hope Hicks has some exterior beauty about her but I just see a disease with long hair and pretty smile

Anything that supports Trump and Fox is a Neo-Nazi imho
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Something crazy

I was just going to post last night about Hope Hicks

She is new executive vice president and chief communications officer at Fox

I can see that lying tractor (I typed traitor) Huckabee working
In Trump's reelection campaign or a vitriolic mouthpiece at Fox.

Hope Hicks has some exterior beauty about her but I just see a disease with long hair and pretty smile

Anything that supports Trump and Fox is a Neo-Nazi imho

holy crap
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

This is a tweet from the Chair of the FEC:

Quote:
Ellen L Weintraub Verified account @EllenLWeintraub

I would not have thought that I needed to say this

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Now that SHS is leaving who is gonna hold White House press briefings once a year?
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Kellyanne is the obvious choice.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I usually don't wish ill will on anyone but in the case of SHS I hope no one employs her. She's as much a deviant as Trump. He lied she swore to them.

Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders Leaving The White House

LINK

Quote:
Sanders addressed her departure at a White House event. "This has been the honor of a lifetime, the opportunity of a lifetime," she said. “It's truly been something I will treasure forever. It’s one of the greatest jobs I could ever have. I have loved every minute, even the hard minutes. … It's the truly the most special experience. The only one I can think of that might top it just a little bit is the fact that I’m a mom. I have three amazing kids. And I’m going to spend a little more time with them."

How can she face those kids? How much hell are they catching in school because of her tenure as PS? IMO she's shameless. I have no sympathy for her I do her children.

You realize who her dad is . . . right?

The Huckabees aren't concerned with being able to look their kids in the eye.

They're raising future Huckabees to carry on the family tradition.

Sarah goes home at night proud she is raising the next generation of Republican vermin.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Waiting to see if it's voluntary.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:52 am    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:

There was an interview on CNN with voters in Iowa and they asked a woman, “Doesn’t it bother you how much Trump lies?”. She responded, “yes, it bothers me a little, but it won’t change my vote. I’m still voting for Trump.”

We are so close to seeing the Republic fall.

This is how bad it's gotten. Our republic has slid so much that so many people just don't care about facts or integrity anymore, let alone people who are worse off than them.

It was bad enough when Reagan was calling welfare recipients "bums" and unemployment benefits "prepaid vacation for freeloaders" while going after people who smoked weed and lining the pockets of defense contractors and private prisons.

It was even worse under Dubya when he and his people acted like the Constitution was a joke and people thought after Katrina that he would create a third catastrophe so that he could institute martial law.

Our republic is now in the clutches of these so-called evangelical Christians who don't even really follow Jesus Christ, and they've teamed with the old school rich f*cks who have always been conservative.

Trump may be the least "Godly" president we've ever had, yet the evangelicals support him no matter what he does and make excuses for him when he violates any of the 10 commandments.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:53 am    Post subject:

Democrats and Republicans told Trump he created a Fake emergency with Iran so it would allow him to sign a weapons deal with Saudi Arabia. 24 to 48 hours later
UAE or Saudi Arabia or (CIA) attack oil tankers to pin it on Iran.

If it is ever proven Pompeo or any other officials LIED to start a war then those who lied should get immediate consecutive life sentences for every casualty on both sides

https://www.iraqbodycount.org/database/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

Trump continues to thumb his nose at the rule of law. Kellyanne passes his sniff test, she's loyal. She has the same looking down the nose posture at people as Trump. If this guy wins in 2020 the country will be thrown back at least 100 years.

Trump: 'Not going to fire' Kellyanne Conway despite finding she made illegal political statements

LINK

Quote:

"No, I'm not going to fire her, I think she's a tremendous person, tremendous spokesperson, she's loyal, she's a great person," Trump said in an interview on "Fox and Friends."

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
This is a tweet from the Chair of the FEC:

Quote:
Ellen L Weintraub Verified account @EllenLWeintraub

I would not have thought that I needed to say this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D8-jw8WW4AErKk7.png

Something Trump said he'd accept on national television. Again thumbing his nose at the rule of law. Is he that stupid or does he think he's protected by the Oval Office.

I'm not versed on political jurisprudence. I believe it's congress has the power to levy against the president. If so they need to do their job. This person is stepping on 243 years of government laws.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

Trump has been turning America into Trumpistan from day 1. It's death by a thousand cuts. On the same day that he said there's nothing wrong with accepting foreign campaign assistance, his attorneys were in court arguing that Congress doesn't have the power to investigate the president. Half of his cabinet positions are filled with "acting heads" who didn't have to be scrutinized by the Senate, thereby concentrating his executive power by having yes-people instead of professionals in those positions. The WH and the entire administration is still stonewalling and ignoring congressional subpoenas. These things are being litigated in court. Next we'll see if they respond to a court order and if not, how will the courts respond? Fines or detention? I could list hundreds of norms that he has violated.

It turns out our Democracy was held together by the honor system. But when you have a president with no honor or morals, and his party lets him get away with it because they also have no honor, then we are beyond what the founders could have imagined. We are already well into Banana Republic territory. If the Democrats don't win the White House and take the Senate back in 2020, I'm not sure what's going to be left of our so-called Democracy by 2024.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

Here's some more bad (bleep) Trump/GOP are doing to vulnerable Americans. Basically when Republicans give to the rich in the form of giant tax cuts, they turn around and take from the poor. Not because they really have to, but because it's cruel -- and the cruelty is a feature not a bug. Poor people barely struggling to eat and live don't vote. And that's the way they like it. AND THIS IS WHY THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PARTIES. BOTH SIDES ARE NOT THE SAME. AN ELECTION IS NOT A CONTEST BETWEEN THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS. Republicans have become cruel authoritarians who want to permanently rule not govern, and hurting women, the poor, people of color and the elderly is something they see as a GOAL.

Quote:
Chris Murphy @ChrisMurphyCT

THREAD: You won't see this on cable news this week but the Trump administration is taking steps to sabotage Medicaid that will result in millions of people losing their health coverage.
Here's what they're doing:

1/ They're letting states impose work requirements on people who need Medicaid. When Arkansas implemented this policy, 18,000 people lost coverage - including people who were working but got tangled in the bureaucratic red tape of the new policy.

With new work requirement, thousands lose Medicaid coverage in Arkansas
A major initiative of the Trump administration has been adding work requirements to benefit programs for the poor, now including Medicaid. This year, Arkansas became the first state to roll out the r…
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/with-new-work-requirement-thousands-lose-medicaid-coverage-in-arkansas

2/ They're letting states implement funding caps that allow them to flat out deny people Medicaid, even if they qualify. Utah implemented a funding cap which, once it's reached, closes the door on people applying for coverage, even if they qualify.

3/ They are redefining the poverty line to kick even more people off Medicaid. Moving the goalposts won't change the number of people who need care - it will just make it so they don't qualify for it.
Trump Administration Seeks to Redefine Formula for Calculating Poverty
The proposal could result in cuts in federal aid to millions of low-income Americans.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/07/us/politics/trump-poverty-level-proposal.html

4/ Under their plan, 300,000 children and more than 250,000 adults would be kicked off Medicaid and CHIP over the next ten years. These are people who are already struggling and taking their health care away will only make things worse. That's the goal of this Administration.

5/ And let's not forget about the lawsuit that the Trump admin is supporting to overturn the ACA entirely - stripping away protections for people with pre-existing conditions and eliminating coverage overnight for more than 17 million people in states that expanded Medicaid.

6/ These actions are just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to everything the Trump administration is doing to gut health care for millions of low-income Americans. We cannot let their daily acts of sabotage fly under the radar.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

IMO Elizabeth Warren has the easiest sledding. The second night has Biden facing more formidable foes.

I have hopes there will be little sniping, more issue discussions.

The lineup for each night of the first Democratic debate was just announced

LINK

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
IMO Elizabeth Warren has the easiest sledding. The second night has Biden facing more formidable foes.

LINK

I think the well known candidates have the most to lose. I'm still rooting for Andrew Yang to put in a good showing on night two. I'm not sure how he would handle Trump, but he has a lot of good ideas despite that so many people view him as a one issue candidate which simply isn't true.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

I think the well known candidates have the most to lose. I'm still rooting for Andrew Yang to put in a good showing on night two. I'm not sure how he would handle Trump, but he has a lot of good ideas despite that so many people view him as a one issue candidate which simply isn't true.

The first 2 nights are prelims. How will they determine who will appear for the second round? How will the field be narrowed? I don't think there will be another round of 20.

Last edited by jodeke on Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Here's some more bad (bleep) Trump/GOP are doing to vulnerable Americans. Basically when Republicans give to the rich in the form of giant tax cuts, they turn around and take from the poor. Not because they really have to, but because it's cruel -- and the cruelty is a feature not a bug. Poor people barely struggling to eat and live don't vote. And that's the way they like it. AND THIS IS WHY THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PARTIES. BOTH SIDES ARE NOT THE SAME. AN ELECTION IS NOT A CONTEST BETWEEN THE LESSER OF TWO EVILS. Republicans have become cruel authoritarians who want to permanently rule not govern, and hurting women, the poor, people of color and the elderly is something they see as a GOAL.

Some conservative intellectuals defend their ideology as one that allows people to reach their full potential because they feel it promotes the freedom that people need to pull themselves by their bootstraps and get to work. I get their logic if you're talking about pure conservative ideology, although as a liberal I'd never agree with it.

The kind of "conservatism" we've had in my lifetime ever since Reagan has instead enabled and even promoted greed, narcissism, racism and misogyny. It's mutated into a weird mix of evangelical theocracy and corporate socialism that doesn't really resemble the pure conservatism of people like Bill Kristol or even Barry Goldwater.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Fom Twitter:

Quote:
- the boy who cried wolf
- a rug

The favorite line I heard was, "I won't believe Sarah Huckabee Sanders is leaving until I hear her deny it myself."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Are we getting into the false flag game again?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-attacks-germany-maas/germany-u-s-video-not-enough-to-attribute-blame-over-oil-tanker-attacks-idUSKCN1TF1SA
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Fom Twitter:

Quote:
- the boy who cried wolf
- a rug

The favorite line I heard was, "I won't believe Sarah Huckabee Sanders is leaving until I hear her deny it myself."

Perfect.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

It's Trump's bday btw. Happy birthday, Donald!!!!

Rite?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-attacks-germany-maas/germany-u-s-video-not-enough-to-attribute-blame-over-oil-tanker-attacks-idUSKCN1TF1SA

We used a sorta similar thing to get into Nam. Gulf of Tonkin. That's how Animal Mother was born.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:

We used a sorta similar thing to get into Nam. Gulf of Tonkin. That's how Animal Mother was born.

Why do these things always happen at sea?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1573, 1574, 1575 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1574 of 3663
Jump to: