THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1584, 1585, 1586 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Fwiw, as I’ve said before, Pelosi is fine with impeachment if and when it crosses the threshold of being a winning strategy. And if you pay attention, she’s been allowing that process to occur.

Would you allow a winning strategy may be impeaching although you know Trump wouldn't be removed but it would be main reason he didn't win reelection? Is that the threshold of which you speak? This is my reason for saying "Timing is very important."

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
As I have said, (also repeatedly) I understand some people's desire to make a symbolic effort of nobility, and I don't fault people for wanting to pursue that. I just personally don't think at the end of the day that impeachment for the sake of feeling good about doing the "right thing" is going to have the lasting impact that others do.

I feel like I could replace the bolded with "not working with China" and make the same exact argument. That's why I feel like an arbitrary line is being drawn on what's acceptable and what's not.

I'd disagree. The difference between making a wise political evaluation in regards to handling a procedural issue and conspiring with a foreign nation in order to influence a Presidential is astronomically vast when it comes to ethics, integrity and legality.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

Another lap dog for the administration.

Melania Trump spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham to be next White House press secretary

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Another lap dog for the administration.

Melania Trump spokeswoman Stephanie Grisham to be next White House press secretary

LINK

This (bleep) probably picked out Melanias Terrorist attire when she went to visit the children in Texas

Yep, she was visiting immigrant children detained, in possibly the same one that just got criticized for being horrid, and wore the THE Jacket
Quote:

"I really don't care
Do U?"
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

If any one of us did to our children what Trump's concentration camps are doing to children, we would be arrested for child abuse, handcuffed and thrown in jail.

And all your Republican business friends who like their tax cuts and are willfully ignorant about the cruelty and damage being done can go to hell because they are complicit. And I would tell them that to their face.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

I wrote a long post this morning but it veered off too much

Capitalism with no morality

Investing in China in the 80s and skipping Mexico and other Latin American countries easily helped create this mass immigration problem. Propping up druglords.. etc

Too many dollars lost if we didn't use cheap labor in China but we forsook our neighbors and now poverty and crime rule their cities?

Sometimes too much to bare when I really look at humanity and the US Dollar...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Agriculture Secretary Perdue on climate crisis: 'It rained yesterday, it's a nice pretty day today'
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Constantin's mother told The Times she struggled for weeks to get her son to eat and sleep, and often texted the foster mother for advice. Constantin is now 18 months old, and still can't walk on his own, and cannot speak.

"He says absolutely nothing," his mother said.

4 month old child taken from his family by Trump and reunited after 6 or so months...
https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-family-separation-constantin-mutu-2019-6?utm_source=reddit.com
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
kikanga wrote:
If someone believes not impeaching (when it's warranted) is fine but colluding isn't. They are pretty much saying right and wrong matters less than winning.
But legal and illegal matters more than winning.
The only problem with that is. The winners determine what is legal and what isn't. The winners determine what laws are enforced and what laws aren't. And the winners determine whom the law is enforced on and whom they aren't enforced on. Trump has made that painfully clear since taking office.

This is the pandora's box of US politics that Trump has created and opened. And I'm unsure we can close it by lowering ourselves halfway between our duty and how Trump plays the game. You're better off either relentlessly pursuing what's right, or fighting Trump's fire with fire.

I was OK with Nancy's position of patience, so long as progress was being made in the various investigations. It's not. The Democrats are just spinning their wheels. Where the f is Mueller?

Now we are hearing that Barr killed seven different investigations started by special counsel Robert Mueller just ten days after he submitted his report.

It is time to (bleep) or get off the pot. It appears the Democrats are losing because they want to talk instead of pushing forward. Show spine instead of words. If a subpoena for Mueller is not issued this week, I say it is time to ramp up the impeachment rhetoric to eleven.

July 17: Mueller subpoenaed to testify!
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
ribeye wrote:
kikanga wrote:
If someone believes not impeaching (when it's warranted) is fine but colluding isn't. They are pretty much saying right and wrong matters less than winning.
But legal and illegal matters more than winning.
The only problem with that is. The winners determine what is legal and what isn't. The winners determine what laws are enforced and what laws aren't. And the winners determine whom the law is enforced on and whom they aren't enforced on. Trump has made that painfully clear since taking office.

This is the pandora's box of US politics that Trump has created and opened. And I'm unsure we can close it by lowering ourselves halfway between our duty and how Trump plays the game. You're better off either relentlessly pursuing what's right, or fighting Trump's fire with fire.

I was OK with Nancy's position of patience, so long as progress was being made in the various investigations. It's not. The Democrats are just spinning their wheels. Where the f is Mueller?

Now we are hearing that Barr killed seven different investigations started by special counsel Robert Mueller just ten days after he submitted his report.

It is time to (bleep) or get off the pot. It appears the Democrats are losing because they want to talk instead of pushing forward. Show spine instead of words. If a subpoena for Mueller is not issued this week, I say it is time to ramp up the impeachment rhetoric to eleven.

July 17: Mueller subpoenaed to testify!

A solid step in the right direction.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject:

When half the country is on vacation and at the beach. But whatever. They could have subpoenaed long before now. The Democrats have dragged this out with their passivity and let themselves be in the weakest possible position.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
When half the country is on vacation and at the beach. But whatever. They could have subpoenaed long before now. The Democrats have dragged this out with their passivity and let themselves be in the weakest possible position.

It's a move forward, is it not?

Can't go backward and change past decisions, so I'll take it.

YMMV of course.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

I saw the image earlier of the link earlier and was quite disturbed. When I saw the two images on my big screen, as shown on the video, I noticed the little girl's around around her dad and I broke down.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/25/americas/mexico-photo-of-father-and-daughter-dead-in-rio-grande/index.html

Horrible. Horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible.

Maybe this could be imaged by a mod.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Mueller had to be subpoenaed. I hope he doesn't take issue with that. Even if he does I believe he'll give truthful answers. He once said his report was his testimony, I don't know what he can do except validate it.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:46 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
I saw the image earlier of the link earlier and was quite disturbed. When I saw the two images on my big screen, as shown on the video, I noticed the little girl's around around her dad, I broke down.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/25/americas/mexico-photo-of-father-and-daughter-dead-in-rio-grande/index.html

Yes. Crushing. I almost posted it earlier Looks like she was clinging to her dad's back with his shirt over her as a "safety measure" and he couldn't make the swim. My wife and duaghter were a wreck upon seeing it, as was I.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Mueller had to be subpoenaed. I hope he doesn't take issue with that. Even if he does I believe he'll give truthful answers. He once said his report was his testimony, I don't know what he can do except validate it.

He's reportedly agreed.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
I saw the image of the link earlier and was quite disturbed. When I saw the two images on my big screen, as shown on the video, I noticed the little girl's arm around around her dad, I broke down.

Last edited by ribeye on Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Wayfair employees plan walkout to oppose furniture sales to migrant detention facilities

Employees of the online housewares giant Wayfair announced Tuesday that they would stage a walkout at the company’s Back Bay headquarters on Wednesday to protest its decision to sell furniture to the operators of facilities for migrant children detained at the southern US border.

Last Wednesday, they learned that a $200,000 order of bedroom furniture had been placed by BCFS, a government contractor that has been managing camps at the border. More than 500 employees signed a letter of protest sent to company executives. When the company refused to change course, employees organized the walkout.

“Knowing what’s going on at the southern border and knowing that Wayfair has the potential to profit from it is pretty scary,” said Elizabeth Good, a manager on the engineering team at the company and one of the walkout’s two dozen organizers. “I want to work at a company where the standards we hold ourselves to are the same standards that we hold our customers and our partners to.”

I know who I won't be shopping with anymore.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
I saw the image earlier of the link earlier and was quite disturbed. When I saw the two images on my big screen, as shown on the video, I noticed the little girl's around around her dad and I broke down.

I saw the image earlier on the news. I didn't click on the link, didn't want to see it again.

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

I don't want to paste that picture here. I had thought about it earlier. It's triggering and not everyone entering this thread would be expecting to see that. People can click the link.

My rage level at the administration is already off the charts.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ribeye wrote:
governator wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/06/20/pulse-of-the-people-democrat-trump-voter-panel-newday-camerota-vpx.cnn

These CNN panels are always depressing. How anyone could vote for both Obama and Trump is truly mind-boggling, but that the last guy speaking, could vote for Obama -- thinking that immigrants, upon seeking asylum according to our own laws, are breaking the law -- does not give me much hope that the average voter knows what the frick is going on, or even worse, chooses to live in a bubble.

As a Black man I was SMH, I was actually taken aback. I couldn't get pass him saying HE doesn't want them here. Just goes to show Black people can be prejudice too. People of all colors are entitled to their opinions. With his I wholeheartedly disagree.

We need border control. A wall isn't the way. The Great Wall Of China was a 200 year $65 billion dollar failure. It's a great tourist attraction.

Contrast that man and his hatred, with the many of us who are feeling so much pain when we see that picture.

Are conservatives and liberals wired so differently that only liberals have compassion for others not like themselves?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ribeye wrote:
governator wrote:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/06/20/pulse-of-the-people-democrat-trump-voter-panel-newday-camerota-vpx.cnn

These CNN panels are always depressing. How anyone could vote for both Obama and Trump is truly mind-boggling, but that the last guy speaking, could vote for Obama -- thinking that immigrants, upon seeking asylum according to our own laws, are breaking the law -- does not give me much hope that the average voter knows what the frick is going on, or even worse, chooses to live in a bubble.

As a Black man I was SMH, I was actually taken aback. I couldn't get pass him saying HE doesn't want them here. Just goes to show Black people can be prejudice too. People of all colors are entitled to their opinions. With his I wholeheartedly disagree.

We need border control. A wall isn't the way. The Great Wall Of China was a 200 year $65 billion dollar failure. It's a great tourist attraction.

Contrast that man and his hatred, with the many of us who are feeling so much pain when we see that picture.

Are conservatives and liberals wired so differently that only liberals have compassion for others not like themselves?

I think the lack of such compassion has been evident for many, many years. But it is shocking and sickening to come to realize the despicable depths of that lack of compassion . . .

I think the real striking thing to be taken away from that image is that it drives home what the immigration is all about. Those immigrants aren't coming here to steal jobs or commit crimes. That image is undeniable proof that those people are looking to escape a life that is so horrible, they feel no choice but to take such extreme and potentially lethal risks . . . to come to place that was once known as a safe harbor for the refugees of the world. Now we lock them up and takle their kids away even if they surviver the trip.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

Lack of empathy on the part of Trump and Republicans is a feature, not a bug. That's also what enables them to inflict abject cruelty without remorse, and for their supporters to continue to ignore it because they like tax cuts. There's another word for people like that -- sociopaths.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Lack of empathy on the part of Trump and Republicans is a feature, not a bug. That's also what enables them to inflict abject cruelty without remorse, and for their supporters to continue to ignore it because they like tax cuts. There's another word for people like that -- sociopaths.

This sums it up
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

They have also removed funding from most every aid program to Latin South American countries

As they did to the Palestinians

Probably gave Israel their 9 Billion plus in foreign aid but withheld foreign aid from Palestinians

I read today that Trump wants to end our defense of Japan also.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1584, 1585, 1586 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 1585 of 3663
Jump to: