THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2839, 2840, 2841 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Just like there was a Watergate commission and a 9/11 commission to investigate what went wrong and make suggestions for fixing it and to prevent it from happening again -- I think we need an independent Trump administration crimes & corruption commission to figure all the ways the Constitution was side-stepped and perverted so that guard rails against an authoritarian president can be codified in law. It's no guarantee that another charismatic charlatan won't be able to win office, but hopefully there will be more guard rails next time. For instance, actual consequences for ignoring congressional subpoenas, severely limit use of "acting" secretary heads to install political hacks in order to side-step congressional approval, prevent hiring of family members, require all candidates to submit 20 years of tax returns, require all candidates to pass high level security background checks, require winner to divest assets to avoid financial conflicts of interest, allow for criminal and civil charges to be filed against a sitting president -- even if trials are delayed until after they leave office. And then there was all the self-dealing by cabinet members. I think all Congressional members and cabinet members should be prevented from holding stock and must divest from side business holdings (or put into legal blind trust for duration of service). There are tons of things that need to be addressed whether Trump ever gets prosecuted or not. Our Democracy needs to be protected from fascist oligarchs no matter what happens to Trump.

THIS addresses what I consider the biggest problem we face right now. Yes, other comments in this thread focus on the idiots who support trump, and about the danger of getting them fired up, but whether they will go away in time or not does not depend on whether we land trump and his accomplices in a jail cell. If we want to fix that problem, go after the sedition sites that are producing this militancy. Trumpkins are never going to settle down whether or not we play nice. That's not how it works with them, and that's not the first order of business here.

We don't want someone who is actually competent, but no less narcissistic, vile and selfish from succeeding in undermining democracy where Trump failed, and we need reasonable safeguards in place so that someone this sinister can't openly and flagrantly disregard the law, the constitution, and all moral and ethical values from a heavily protected perch in the White House with no checks and balances to mitigate this risk, period.

The history books can then take care of Trump, trash his legacy, and let his empire decay in the dustbin of history as a dark episode never to be repeated, and some day the biggest political lie in the country will be the number of kids 30 years from now who swear their grandparents never voted for that buffoon.

there are law makers who IMO (not accusing anyone, just saying) Lindsay graham, devin nunes, and a slew of others who need to be investigated. I get politicians are corrupt but if biden/harris are serious they need to out the crooks and their crimes. There are plenty of honest GOP out there. In regards to MAGAS, they will eventually go back into their caves. impossible to rid this country of racism and TBH i dont care what peoples beliefs are, as long as they dont hurt anyone else, I dont care that there are skewed networks. I do think publicizing crimes and making them pay is important.

But typical Democratic party will be soft and nice and a bunch of kitty cats. thank god for groups like the Lincoln project who went dirty and it clearly helped.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Biden will have nothing to do with it, considering his Justice Department will be independent. And even if they don't prosecute Trump, New York state will make their decision independent from Biden's administration.

While Biden will allow the Justice Department to be independent, I don't doubt for one second that he'll interview prospective AGs as to whether they'd want to pursue an investigation of and ultimately charge Donald Trump. Anyone who gives a definitive answer without qualification will likely be dropped from consideration.

The decision to investigate Trump will be based on the political environment. That's the answer Biden will want to hear. If the GOP embraces compromise and cooperation, the AG will not bother with Trump as the President has more important policy objectives than simply screwing with Trump. However if the GOP leadership holds steadfast and refuses to cooperate, let the games begin. The AG would in that case go after Trump.

That's the purpose of the interviews. It isn't a simple job interview to see if you're qualified, it's whether you can see eye-to-eye with Biden and have the sense to take the political climate into consideration.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
King Naranja briefly emerged Tuesday to tout the Dow Jones Industrial Average breaking 30,000 for the first time ever, and then vanished after a minute without taking questions

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiENucVd_YMU3K8KJhovrZ6IUqGQgEKhAIACoHCAow2Nb3CjDivdcCMMHF0wY?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Nicolle Wallace made an analogy of Biden's cabinet choices I thought apropos. She compared them to The Avengers, superheroes come to rescue us from the villain.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
US visa bond: Donald Trump new immigration policy go affect dis list of African kontries. America President Donald Trump don issue one new temporary rule on top tourist and business travellers from some kontris mostly for Africa.

Dis new rule go make tourist pay a bond (moni) as much as $15,000 before dem go fit visit or enta di United States.
Angola
Burkina Faso
Burundi
Cape Verde
Chad
Democratic Republic of Congo
Djibouti
Eritrea
Gambia
Guinea Bissau
Liberia
Libya
Mauritania
Papua New Guinea
Sao Tome
Sudan

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-55059156.amp
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
King Naranja briefly emerged Tuesday to tout the Dow Jones Industrial Average breaking 30,000 for the first time ever, and then vanished after a minute without taking questions

https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiENucVd_YMU3K8KJhovrZ6IUqGQgEKhAIACoHCAow2Nb3CjDivdcCMMHF0wY?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen

I wonder if realizes the surge was because of his GSA allowance? It's about you Donny but not for reasons you believe!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Nicolle Wallace made an analogy of Biden's cabinet choices I thought apropos. She compared them to The Avengers, superheroes come to rescue us from the villain.

Little Marco Rubio already announced he will oppose them since he's running for president.

Part of me hopes Trump runs again in 2024 so these ass kissers will have kissed his ass for nothing all these years.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Little Marco Rubio already announced he will oppose them since he's running for president.

Part of me hopes Trump runs again in 2024 so these ass kissers will have kissed his ass for nothing all these years.

I can’t wait to vote against him in 2022. I’m sure he’ll probably win the seat again, but voting again Rubio will make me feel good.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Part of me hopes Trump runs again in 2024
so these ass kissers will have kissed his ass for nothing all these years.

You can't run for president if you have a criminal record. 🙏🏾 Trump will have one. One that comes with 3 hots and a cot.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You can't run for president if you have a criminal record. 🙏🏾 Trump will have one. One that comes with 3 hots and a cot.

There’s actually no rule that says that.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:

What if the record is a felony? That's what I was thinking.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:

In 1920, Eugene Debs ran for President from a prison cell while serving time for sedition. He generated almost one million votes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:

In 1920, Eugene Debs ran for President from a prison cell while serving time for sedition. He generated almost one million votes.

I was thinking felony. Was he in for a felony?

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Sedition is a serious felony. Debs was sentenced for 10 years but had his sentence commuted by President Harding. He served almost three years.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:15 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Sedition is a serious felony. Debs was sentenced for 10 years but had his sentence commuted by President Harding. He served almost three years.

OK. Didn't know you could run for president if you're a convicted felon. That's crazy. You can run for president but you can't vote.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:37 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:

OK. Didn't know you could run for president if you're a convicted felon. That's crazy. You can run for president but you can't vote.

Voting rights for convicted felons vary by state:

https://ballotpedia.org/Voting_rights_for_convicted_felons
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:42 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wilt wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Voting rights for convicted felons vary by state:

https://ballotpedia.org/Voting_rights_for_convicted_felons

Yeah. That's recent. So I guess Trump can run again in 2024 even if he's a convicted criminal. Only in America.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:45 pm    Post subject:

He could always run
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
He could always run

That's been explained. I didn't think a felon could run. I now know they can.

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Yeah. That's recent. So I guess Trump can run again in 2024 even if he's a convicted criminal. Only in America.

But possibly couldn’t vote for himself.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
jodeke wrote:

But possibly couldn’t vote for himself.

Been seeing a lot of you since the pandemic. Guess you're following the rules.

DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject:

For sure. Definitely playing chess with this virus. Fortunate to be able to work from home without issue.

But also Trump and his assault on democracy and total mismanagement of the pandemic has kept me pissed off. It will likely keep me pissed off until 80 million of us have finally escorted him from the White House doors. Definitely been in this thread a lot more lately.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
“I don’t get it,” the president said, venting confusion and frustration. “All these other Republicans, all over the country, they all win their races. And I’m the only guy that loses?”

Reported something Trump said when he tried to pressure those two MI legislators in the WH last week.

Yes Donnie, because you're "special".
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
For sure. Definitely playing chess with this virus. Fortunate to be able to work from home without issue.

But also Trump and his assault on democracy and total mismanagement of the pandemic has kept me pissed off. It will likely keep me pissed off until 80 million of us have finally escorted him from the White House doors. Definitely been in this thread a lot more lately.

Just make sure to behave yourself noob.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Per CNN

Quote:
In: Multilateralism, diplomacy, quiet competence, scientific rigor, inclusivity, collegiality between top officials, respect for civil servants, the intelligence community and a welcome for immigrants

Out: Bashing allies, populism, nationalism, White House backbiting, despot coddling, ring-kissing Cabinet meetings, political hacks running spy agencies, and downplaying politically inconvenient threats -- like killer viruses

Sounds good to me.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2839, 2840, 2841 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 2840 of 3673
Jump to: