THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1846, 1847, 1848 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:
How Every Senator Voted
Republicans
Rand Paul Ky.
N
Democrats
Doug Jones Ala.
Y
Joe Manchin III W.Va.
Y
Kyrsten Sinema Ariz.
Y

The vote for Bill Barr confirmation''''

People voted Yes to a man who had already written plenty of literature showing he was unfit to be Trump's AG

Was Rand Paul's no vote just for optics?

He made America far worse off and empowered Trump and all the (bleep) that comes with him.

Twice now he has been an imposter. Defrauding America's citizenry and the whole world with his lies and cover-ups

Now he.seems.to be loonier than Trump himself

These people must be removed at any cost

would it be better to vote for a diff democrat senate candidates for those districts or let them play politics?

I googled "Remove Joe Manchin now"
All the relevant sites filled with petitions

It is nice to see.only 3 voted yes.
It's just that his appointment felt like a conspiracy to me. Known illegal fixer gets reappointed to AG
To fix again

Like if aliens were ever found youd need an AG like Barr or Muhammad Saeed al-Sahhaf
OR IF RUSSIANS HACKED our 2016 Election you'd need a fixer cover-up guy

He was also able to kill Epstein to help Trump and bigger families.

Yes, any Dem who voted Yes for Barr was too lazy to read up on his duties and is therefore unqualified to hold public office.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/alexsalvinews/status/1202653401185546240

Biden getting into it with an Iowa voter who wants to know about his son's former job. He nearly calls the guy "fat" before stopping himself.

I think Joe should just arrange an interview with a Dem-friendly commentator and answer questions about Hunter Biden, without getting emotional. Just admit that it looked really bad, even if he wasn't involved with the situation. Then engage with the interviewer in a wider discussion about Trump's kids making money off the government.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Biden getting into it with an Iowa voter who wants to know about his son's former job. He nearly calls the guy "fat" before stopping himself.

I think Joe should just arrange an interview with a Dem-friendly commentator and answer questions about Hunter Biden, without getting emotional. Just admit that it looked really bad, even if he wasn't involved with the situation. Then engage with the interviewer in a wider discussion about Trump's kids making money off the government.

Not a good look and sadly not surprising. One of the things that Biden is going to have to realize is that if he is running again Trump and one of the reasons to get rid of Trump is because he's a bully, then being the other bully is counter-productive.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Not a good look and sadly not surprising. One of the things that Biden is going to have to realize is that if he is running again Trump and one of the reasons to get rid of Trump is because he's a bully, then being the other bully is counter-productive.

I'm actually heartened that someone is willing to fight back. He needs to be better prepared though. He should know exactly how to respond to those charges instead of getting emotional. You can be assertive and show some strength without being emotionally combative.

I think he'll get a bump from this. He looks like he's ready for the fight. Many Dems and independents want to know that the Blue Candidate can stand up to the bully.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

But I thought "Scranton Joe" spoke the same language as the common man...

Add this to the list where recently told an immigration activist: "you should vote for Trump".
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
I think he'll get a bump from this. He looks like he's ready for the fight. Many Dems and independents want to know that the Blue Candidate can stand up to the bully.

Through ad hominem insults? Trump will tear him apart if he wants to play that game.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

To counter the impeachment narrative and the embarrassment at the NATO summit, Rasmussen now has him at 52% approval, the highest in that poll since September! Trump immediately tweeted about it with a prepared graphic. He was at 46% just a couple days ago, and since it's a rolling average, he'd have to be even higher than 52% on one of the days for the average to go that high. Which makes no sense. But it's Rasmussen.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I'm actually heartened that someone is willing to fight back. He needs to be better prepared though. He should know exactly how to respond to those charges instead of getting emotional. You can be assertive and show some strength without being emotionally combative.

I loved his answer and truly think anyone who has a problem with Joe's answer is straight up lying because Biden is not their chosen candidate which is disingenuous, and wack...I thought is was fine as well- how much you wanna bet the guy questioning Biden is a Bernie supporter?
Same effing bull ish last time around from Berners at the Dem convention- out of all the groups that support dem candidates, berners are for sure the democrats that would "eat their own" if they don't get their way.
Kinda like Drumpf supporters.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
To counter the impeachment narrative and the embarrassment at the NATO summit, Rasmussen now has him at 52% approval, the highest in that poll since September! Trump immediately tweeted about it with a prepared graphic. He was at 46% just a couple days ago, and since it's a rolling average, he'd have to be even higher than 52% on one of the days for the average to go that high. Which makes no sense. But it's Rasmussen.

Are all polls able to beat all Russian Bots/Hackers?

Yesterday I read through some of the replies on Melanias Facebook
The Supportive replies had massive instant likes.. too many too fast.
It was like how the RNC gave Trump's child $100,000 or more trying to prop up his piece of (bleep) book
And Yale Graduate Hunter Biden gets crucified for actually doing work and earning a living?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I loved his answer and truly think anyone who has a problem with Joe's answer is straight up lying because Biden is not their chosen candidate which is disingenuous, and wack...I thought is was fine as well- how much you wanna bet the guy questioning Biden is a Bernie supporter?
Same effing bull ish last time around from Berners at the Dem convention- out of all the groups that support dem candidates, berners are for sure the democrats that would "eat their own" if they don't get their way.
Kinda like Drumpf supporters.

I have no problem with his answer. It's the delivery that's problematic. Biden should definitely clap back against the false accusations. But there are better ways to do it . . .

Anyone who says differently is flat out lying because Biden's their guy.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Despite the Hunter Biden thing, lackluster debate performances, lack of media appearances, lazy campaigning, and just losing a step or two, Biden has maintained a lead in the national race. It seems Warren peaked too early, Bernie has stayed where he is, and Buttigieg hasn't been able to expand his good numbers beyond Iowa. Voters aren't giving up on Biden, and that could be a good sign for the general election. Most importantly for him, his support among African Americans is still very high. He can withstand a lot criticism and doesn't hurt his numbers, it seems.

But he has to do reasonably well in Iowa and New Hampshire. Can't get embarrassed there. And if African Americans still support him, he can sweep the South and do well on Super Tuesday.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

I'll support whoever the Dem candidate is but I don't want Joe.

Personally America should end All status quo

Get money and corporations the (bleep) away from my elections

Get the (bleep) religious gangbangers away from politicians and remove their UNTAXED monies

Joe doesn't want to ruffle feathers. Mother (bleep) still called Marijuana a Gateway Drug
I don't need another corporate shill or religious apologist

Let Bernie knock some heads around for 4 years and see what happens instead of same ol BS

How does Joe truly feel about a woman's right to her own life and body? That marijuana comment should worry more than pot smokers. Old Fashioned thinking is what has been destroying this country

FWIW, I think a bill should be written that taxes any donations from religious groups since they don't pay taxes when they received the money from Putin or the NRA etc
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Ipsos poll:

Did Ukraine interfere in the 2016 election?

30% Yes
65% No

Among Fox News viewers: 44% say yes.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:

I know Rasmussen has a reputation of favoring Republicans. It is clearly the outlier in the Presidential Approval rating, but there is a reason....it is the only one using "Likely Voters" and not "Registered Voters". "Likely Voters" can and should be far more accurate....but it requires the polling firm to nail the identification of "Likely Voters". If I am not mistaken, Rasmussen was one of the more accurate polls in the 2016 cycle.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I know Rasmussen has a reputation of favoring Republicans. It is clearly the outlier in the Presidential Approval rating, but there is a reason....it is the only one using "Likely Voters" and not "Registered Voters". "Likely Voters" can and should be far more accurate....but it requires the polling firm to nail the identification of "Likely Voters". If I am not mistaken, Rasmussen was one of the more accurate polls in the 2016 cycle.

Rasmussen is perfectly capable of doing a good poll when they want to, and they aligned with the average of all polls on the eve of the 2016 election, on the national level. Most of the polling organizations nailed the eventual popular vote count.

But that's not the point here. You can't have wild swings like this all the time, especially in a rolling average, regardless if you use likely or registered voters. So that tells us that they tweak the numbers or just report arbitrary numbers to support a certain narrative, especially when Trump needs good news. It'll go down to the mid 40s in a few days, only to go above 50% when Trump needs it.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Yes. Not necessarily. No (it is not the only one using likely voters. If you look at the 2016 RCP final tally, among the last 11 polls, 10 were LV's. Yes, Rasmussen was solid this time, having Hillary by 2 points, where the RCP average was 3.3. I should note that they had Trump leading often leading up to the election.

FiveThirtyEight rates them a C+.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton_vs_johnson_vs_stein-5952.html

Last edited by ribeye on Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

^
I think what adkindo means is that Rasmussen is the only poll that uses likely voters in the presidential approval poll. I think that's true, but I could be wrong.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
^
I think what adkindo means is that Rasmussen is the only poll that uses likely voters in the presidential approval poll. I think that's true, but I could be wrong.

One of the few, but not the only. Polsters tend to use RV's over LV's at this point and with this question.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_trump_job_approval-6179.html#polls
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Rasmussen is perfectly capable of doing a good poll when they want to, and they aligned with the average of all polls on the eve of the 2016 election, on the national level. Most of the polling organizations nailed the eventual popular vote count.

But that's not the point here. You can't have wild swings like this all the time, especially in a rolling average, regardless if you use likely or registered voters. So that tells us that they tweak the numbers or just report arbitrary numbers to support a certain narrative, especially when Trump needs good news. It'll go down to the mid 40s in a few days, only to go above 50% when Trump needs it.

I will be interested in their next couple releases. Am I missing it, or was this the only big swing? Also, there does not appear to be great movement in the "strongly" approve and disapproves which makes sense if the movement is mostly in the "somewhat" approve or disapprove.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Wilt wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Wilt wrote:

I will be interested in their next couple releases. Am I missing it, or was this the only big swing? Also, there does not appear to be great movement in the "strongly" approve and disapproves which makes sense if the movement is mostly in the "somewhat" approve or disapprove.

Look for yourself.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

btw, I am always a little suspicious of the "likely voter" polls. Mostly because I do not know all of the science behind identifying them, but that is where it seems logical the human touch can most impact the outcome. Who is deciding how many elections out of the last 4 a person voted makes them likely? Who is deciding the current emotional level of support, and how that will impact likely? Are these lines drawn hard before the results are seen? or are the ever adjusted after the data is compiled?

In general, I think most of the polling firms are professional, and just trying to get it right in regards to these types of polls....but, people are people.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Wilt wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Look for yourself.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/?ex_cid=rrpromo

I did look over the Rasmussen history, which is why I asked if I was missing another big swing in recent months.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Now here's an effective, aggressive way that Biden can go at Trump powerfully without being the other bully:

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1202401954644865024
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Now here's an effective, aggressive way that Biden can go at Trump powerfully without being the other bully:

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1202401954644865024

it is a message that can be delivered....just not sure Biden is the guy to effectively deliver it.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
slavavov wrote:
I've always found the psychology of Trump voters and why they love him to be facinating. I've firmly felt for a while that some, but not all of them are racist, and that there are different types of Trump voters/supporters.

I found this on my FB feed, and I posted it verbatim. Just thought I'd share it to see what my fellow progressives/social democrats think:

Quote:
HOW I FEEL ABOUT TRUMP: By Steve Harvey

You've been on vacation for two weeks, you come home, and your basement is infested with raccoons.. Hundreds of rabid, messy, mean raccoons have overtaken your basement.. You want them gone immediately!.. You call the city and 4 different exterminators, but nobody can handle the job.. But there is this one guy, and he guarantees to get rid of them, so you hire him.. You don't care if the guy swears, you don't care how many times he's been married, you don't care if he has a plumber's crack, you simply want those raccoons gone!.. You want your problem fixed!.. He's the guy.. He's the best!
Here's why we want Trump: Yes, he's a bit of a jerk; Yes, he's an egomaniac; but we don't care!.. The country is a mess because politicians suck, the Republicans and Democrats can be two-faced and gutless, and illegals are everywhere.. We want it all fixed!.. We don't care that Trump is crude, we don't care that he insults people, we don't care that he's been married 3 times, we don't care that he fights with Megyn Kelly and Rosie O'Donnell, we don't care that he doesn't know the name of some Muslim terrorist.. This country became weak and bankrupt, our enemies were making fun of us, we are being invaded by illegals, we are becoming a nation of victims where every Tom, Ricardo, and Hasid is a special group with special rights to a point where we don't even recognize the country we were born and raised in; "AND WE JUST WANT IT FIXED”.. And Trump is the only guy who seems to understand what the people want..
We're sick of politicians, sick of the Democratic Party, sick of the Republican Party, and sick of illegals!.. We just want this thing fixed.. Trump may not be a Saint, but we didn’t vote for a Pope.. We voted for a man who doesn't have lobbyist money holding him back, a man who doesn't have political correctness restraining him.. We all know that he has been very successful, he’s a good negotiator, he has built a lot of things, and he's also NOT a politician, NOT a cowardly politician.!.. And he says he'll fix it.. And we believe him because he is too much of an egotist to be proven wrong, or looked at and called a liar.. Also, we don't care if the guy has bad hair.. We just want those raccoons gone, out of our house, NOW!!!
You are welcome to copy/paste/share this.. Thousands of people who haven't voted in 25 years seem to be getting involved.. And the more people get this message, the more that will understand why Trump was elected..The raccoons have got to go!!!

The bolded screams, "when people who don't look like me are protected from prejudice it pisses me off!"
Also I'm sure he's patting himself on the back for alluding to the racial term coon several times but having plausible deniability that he chose a random pesky animal.

Yes. Trump made straight white Evangelical males feel like an endangered species. Many Republicans, especially Evangelicals, have felt like that for a while, perhaps because the "others" have been doing better and better.

Imo it's also:

1. An attack on political correctness, which is either caused by racism or simply a feeling that the Dems don't care about straight white Christian men.

2. The undercurrent of authoritarianism in our nation that's been brewing for a while, which is anathema to the anti-authoritarian roots of our republic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1846, 1847, 1848 ... 3668, 3669, 3670  Next
Page 1847 of 3670
Jump to: