THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1935, 1936, 1937 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Not defend Hilary on this one. But if one read the article before it was "updated" to remove the actual comment about not endorsing, she says she won't do so now because it is still the Primaries.

She, just like Bernie has a large following and they will listen to those two, as long as either one don't pull a Tulsi and unite after the primary is over (whoever the nominee), it's primary season I guess

I don't disagree. I am simply pointing out the blatant intellectual dishonesty in the article's presentation. I know a lot of people here and elsewhere don't care about that kind of thing (and I'm not putting you in that group), but I think now more than ever truth and accuracy are critically important.

Going to the original source I find lessens the blow of any bias. Still, I don't see how the phrasing of "primary season" is exculpatory in any way. We know Trump and Pence are going to be on the ticket in Novemeber. Even an oligarch in Bloomberg committed to voting for him last week.

FYI, Bernie campaigned for Hillary 37 times in 2016.

So she's got to back Bernie before he's the nominee or it's the same as not supporting him afterward? Are you supporting Biden right now?

I support Biden if he's the nominee. That was literally the question. It's not hard to say. The oligarch who could potentially be taxed out the ass is even willing to go there.

I'm sorry, but how is this the same as her saying she's not supporting him right now because there is still a primary going on?

It's a meaningless distinction without a difference. We know the primary is going to end at some point, right? We also know that Trump and Pence will be on the ballot. What magical scenario is she anticipating that would change these basic facts to make the timing relevant?

I'm having a hard time believing that you don't understand not supporting a particular democrat while the primary is going on vs not supporting the nominee against trump. Are you really so twisted up with hate and rage that a public figure refusing to take sides in the primary is seen as she won't support the nominee?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Hillary does not want to give Bernie anything that looks like her approval during the primaries. She does not want him to win the nomination. There's bad blood there. If he does, I bet you she will campaign and vote for him.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Hillary does not want to give Bernie anything that looks like her approval during the primaries. She does not want him to win the nomination. There's bad blood there. If he does, I bet you she will campaign and vote for him.

And that's perfectly fine.

But the "nobody likes him" part was not necessary and is counterproductive.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Not defend Hilary on this one. But if one read the article before it was "updated" to remove the actual comment about not endorsing, she says she won't do so now because it is still the Primaries.

She, just like Bernie has a large following and they will listen to those two, as long as either one don't pull a Tulsi and unite after the primary is over (whoever the nominee), it's primary season I guess

I don't disagree. I am simply pointing out the blatant intellectual dishonesty in the article's presentation. I know a lot of people here and elsewhere don't care about that kind of thing (and I'm not putting you in that group), but I think now more than ever truth and accuracy are critically important.

Going to the original source I find lessens the blow of any bias. Still, I don't see how the phrasing of "primary season" is exculpatory in any way. We know Trump and Pence are going to be on the ticket in Novemeber. Even an oligarch in Bloomberg committed to voting for him last week.

So she's got to back Bernie before he's the nominee or it's the same as not supporting him afterward? Are you supporting Biden right now?

I support Biden if he's the nominee. That was literally the question. It's not hard to say. The oligarch who could potentially be taxed out the ass is even willing to go there.

I'm sorry, but how is this the same as her saying she's not supporting him right now because there is still a primary going on?

It's a meaningless distinction without a difference. We know the primary is going to end at some point, right? We also know that Trump and Pence will be on the ballot. What magical scenario is she anticipating that would change these basic facts to make the timing relevant?

I'm having a hard time believing that you don't understand not supporting a particular democrat while the primary is going on vs not supporting the nominee against trump. Are you really so twisted up with hate and rage that a public figure refusing to take sides in the primary is seen as she won't support the nominee?

"If he gets the nomination, will you endorse and campaign for him?"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/hillary-clinton-full-a-fiery-new-documentary-trump-regrets-harsh-words-bernie-1271551?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR%20Breaking%20News_2020-01-21%2004:00:00_kkilkenny&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Agreed.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

Oh I agree. But that's a far cry from the accusation I was addressing.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/features/hillary-clinton-full-a-fiery-new-documentary-trump-regrets-harsh-words-bernie-1271551?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=THR%20Breaking%20News_2020-01-21%2004:00:00_kkilkenny&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_breakingnews

I guess so...
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I saw the quote from Hilary (before the article was "updated to remove the actual words she used). She stated she wasn't going to support him because the Primaries are still going on. Which is essentially what Obama said in regards to Biden. So are you going to malign Obama for allegedly saying "he won't support Biden" . . . or Bernie or any other candidate?

In the context of being the eventual nominee and against Trump, he actually said that? I seem to recall him saying, or it being floated from his camp, the opposite.

Obama said he wasn't endorsing Biden while the Primaries were going on. Exactly what Hilary said in regards to Bernie. So where's the outrage directed at Obama? Or do you just save that stuff for Hilary?

Oh . . . and I'm still waiting for you to point us to all those alleged accusations that Bernie was a racist that you said were made here.

And in 2016 Elizabeth Warren wouldn't endorse while the primaries were still going on. And that was the beginning of the bros attacking Warren because they were mad she didn't endorse Bernie. She didn't endorse Hillary in the primaries either but that didn't stop them from attacking her.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject:

71% OF REPUBLICANS WANT MITCH MCCONNELL TO CALL WITNESSES AT TRUMP IMPEACHMENT TRIAL, NEW POLL SHOWS

about 71 percent of Republicans believe that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell should call witnesses during President Donald Trump's impeachment trial, a new survey showed.

SurveyUSA asked 4,096 registered voters whether witnesses with firsthand knowledge should be allowed to testify, with 71 percent of Republicans, 93 percent of Democrats, and 81 percent of Independents saying witnesses should be allowed to testify. Only 15 percent of Republicans said that they should not be allowed to testify, while 4 percent of Democrats, and 7 percent of Independents said they shouldn't. Only 3 percent of Democrats were unsure, with 12 percent of Independents and 14 percent of Republicans answering not sure.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Was Hillary answering that question or was it a misprint and corrected later?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:31 pm    Post subject:

Keep calling your senators, especially Republican senators and put pressure on them to call witnesses. (207) 874-0883
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

She brushed it aside, said she's not dealing with any of that while the primary is going on. Now I would grant you that's not the answer she would give with other candidates, because she's not intending to give him even the obvious while there's a primary going on. And that's pretty petty.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I saw the quote from Hilary (before the article was "updated to remove the actual words she used). She stated she wasn't going to support him because the Primaries are still going on. Which is essentially what Obama said in regards to Biden. So are you going to malign Obama for allegedly saying "he won't support Biden" . . . or Bernie or any other candidate?

In the context of being the eventual nominee and against Trump, he actually said that? I seem to recall him saying, or it being floated from his camp, the opposite.

Obama said he wasn't endorsing Biden while the Primaries were going on. Exactly what Hilary said in regards to Bernie. So where's the outrage directed at Obama? Or do you just save that stuff for Hilary?

Oh . . . and I'm still waiting for you to point us to all those alleged accusations that Bernie was a racist that you said were made here.

And in 2016 Elizabeth Warren wouldn't endorse while the primaries were still going on. And that was the beginning of the bros attacking Warren because they were mad she didn't endorse Bernie. She didn't endorse Hillary in the primaries either but that didn't stop them from attacking her.

Well, one of our resident Bernie Bros tried to claim that Sanders was the victim of accusations of racism based on one comment from one person that he misunderstood . . . so it's par for the course in that crowd . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject:

FWIW, there's some more clarity of her feelings when she points out that she's talked with every dem candidate... except Bernie.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:

She brushed it aside, said she's not dealing with any of that while the primary is going on. Now I would grant you that's not the answer she would give with other candidates, because she's not intending to give him even the obvious while there's a primary going on. And that's pretty petty.

This is what's written:

If he gets the nomination, will you endorse and campaign for him?

I'm not going to go there yet. We're still in a very vigorous primary season. I will say, however, that it's not only him, it's the culture around him. It's his leadership team. It's his prominent supporters. It's his online Bernie Bros and their relentless attacks on lots of his competitors, particularly the women. And I really hope people are paying attention to that because it should be worrisome that he has permitted this culture — not only permitted, [he] seems to really be very much supporting it. And I don't think we want to go down that road again where you campaign by insult and attack and maybe you try to get some distance from it, but you either don't know what your campaign and supporters are doing or you're just giving them a wink and you want them to go after Kamala [Harris] or after Elizabeth [Warren]. I think that that's a pattern that people should take into account when they make their decisions.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:37 pm    Post subject:

So for all the fake hand wringing by the likes of Mitt Romney and Susan Collins they all voted with Republicans to block the Democrats from subpoenaing documents that Trump administration has refused to turn over. In other words, they are voting for the cover-up right up front.

Washington post link

Last edited by ChefLinda on Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:38 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:

This is what's written:

I'm not going to go there yet. We're still in a very vigorous primary season. I will say, however, that it's not only him, it's the culture around him. It's his leadership team. It's his prominent supporters. It's his online Bernie Bros and their relentless attacks on lots of his competitors, particularly the women. And I really hope people are paying attention to that because it should be worrisome that he has permitted this culture — not only permitted, [he] seems to really be very much supporting it. And I don't think we want to go down that road again where you campaign by insult and attack and maybe you try to get some distance from it, but you either don't know what your campaign and supporters are doing or you're just giving them a wink and you want them to go after Kamala [Harris] or after Elizabeth [Warren]. I think that that's a pattern that people should take into account when they make their decisions.

Exactly. That's not a no, that's a brush off, and back to her previous line of thought (the question interjected her thoughts on Bernie, which she picks back up)
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:

This is what's written:

Exactly. That's not a no, that's a brush off, and back to her previous line of thought (the question interjected her thoughts on Bernie, which she picks back up)

I can see how people doesn't see it as a brush off because the question is pretty straight forward, if Bernie gets the nomination (or any other candidate name), would you endorse? the answer should only be yes
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:

This is what's written:

And the headlines etc. clearly asserted that she categorically stated she wouldn't endorse Bernie at all . . . and people ran with that and now try to justify doing so with semantic gymnastics.

That's where the problem lies.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Other people Hillary hasn't endorsed:

Elizabeth Warren
Amy Klobuchar
Joe Biden
Pete Buttigieg
Mike Bloomberg
Tom Steyer
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
governator wrote:

This is what's written:

I can see how people doesn't see it as a brush off because the question is pretty straight forward, if Bernie gets the nomination (or any other candidate name), would you endorse? the answer should only be yes

Of course it should be (and of course it will be if he is the nominee). And she wouldn't give him that. Why? Because it is still the primary and she wants someone (anyone?) else to win and she's being petty. And she's not even going to give the obvious answer to the obvious question.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Historical perspective:

Quote:
Four days after Barack Obama effectively clinched the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008, Hillary Clinton endorsed him. Four weeks after Clinton effectively clinched her party's 2016 nomination, Bernie Sanders still hadn't endorsed her.

WaPo Link
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Will the impeachment lead to actual Civil War?

I have talked with some Industrial worker Republicans here in liberal boulder who still defend him like politics is just corrupt and he's doing his best etc

But this Impeachment.. When we meet a Republican who still supports Trump and Republicanism and tells us Trump didn't break any laws and he is the right and bestest presidence... We are going to pity them and many of us will feel DEEP Anger that they are so ignorant and evil...

I see Impeachment as just what Putin would Love to have happen to America.. how better to deepen the hatred for MAGAlodytes from Dems and the MAGAs hating on everyone who is against Trump

I cannot believe my sophisticated (bleep) hole country doesn't have actual checks and balances to stop scum like Trump and McConnell ..

AND it is ALL because of these people "Billionaires" <<These creeps write the laws that allow all the loopholes protecting scum...
https://www.oxfamamerica.org/press/worlds-billionaires-have-more-wealth-than-46-billion-people/

Quote:
OXFAMBRIEFING PAPER–JANUARY 2020Economic inequality is out of control. In 2019, the world’s billionaires, only 2,153 people, had more wealth than 4.6 billion people.

https://ousweb-prodv2-shared-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/documents/FINAL_bp-time-to-care-inequality-200120-en.pdf
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Will the impeachment lead to actual Civil War?

I have talked with some Industrial worker Republicans here in liberal boulder who still defend him like politics is just corrupt and he's doing his best etc

But this Impeachment.. When we meet a Republican who still supports Trump and Republicanism and tells us Trump didn't break any laws and he is the right and bestest presidence... We are going to pity them and many of us will feel DEEP Anger that they are so ignorant and evil...

I see Impeachment as just what Putin would Love to have happen to America.. how better to deepen the hatred for MAGAlodytes from Dems and the MAGAs hating on everyone who is against Trump

I cannot believe my sophisticated (bleep) hole country doesn't have actual checks and balances to stop scum like Trump and McConnell ..

AND it is ALL because of these people "Billionaires" <<These creeps write the laws that allow all the loopholes protecting scum...
https://www.oxfamamerica.org/press/worlds-billionaires-have-more-wealth-than-46-billion-people/

Quote:
OXFAMBRIEFING PAPER–JANUARY 2020Economic inequality is out of control. In 2019, the world’s billionaires, only 2,153 people, had more wealth than 4.6 billion people.

https://ousweb-prodv2-shared-media.s3.amazonaws.com/media/documents/FINAL_bp-time-to-care-inequality-200120-en.pdf

Could you please take your meds
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
71% OF REPUBLICANS WANT MITCH MCCONNELL TO CALL WITNESSES AT TRUMP IMPEACHMENT TRIAL, NEW POLL SHOWS

about 71 percent of Republicans believe that Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell should call witnesses during President Donald Trump's impeachment trial, a new survey showed.

SurveyUSA asked 4,096 registered voters whether witnesses with firsthand knowledge should be allowed to testify, with 71 percent of Republicans, 93 percent of Democrats, and 81 percent of Independents saying witnesses should be allowed to testify. Only 15 percent of Republicans said that they should not be allowed to testify, while 4 percent of Democrats, and 7 percent of Independents said they shouldn't. Only 3 percent of Democrats were unsure, with 12 percent of Independents and 14 percent of Republicans answering not sure.

And about .71% will hold any Republican accountable.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1935, 1936, 1937 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 1936 of 3671
Jump to: