THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2599, 2600, 2601 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
I'm still convinced Biden will win, but I loved this quote of his:

"Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids"

Hey guys, for no reason, just thought I’d bring up an old quote where he misspoke himself!

These don't reflect well on Macho Trump (and his circle-jerk male minions).

https://www.sadanduseless.com/funny-trump-quotes/

(might be NSFW)

Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

At least he doesn't have multiple people/family members who worked for/with him reporting that he uses the N- word like our commander in chief. Who also is quoted as having said "name me a black leader of a country that isn't a s***hole."

Lets not forget how Trump said a mexican judge wasn't fit to preside over one of his cases because he was mexican. Pretty much the definition of racism.

Also never told anyone drinking bleach was a worthy prospect during a pandemic. I think that is one of the funniest things ever because a real person in a position of power floated the idea. This will be under snapples bottle caps 50 years from now as some "did you know" trivia, that seems too ridiculous to be true.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Your trolling game is pathetic.

as is your hatred...
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
...But the key will be to disrupt by any means possible the counting of votes in states where the vote is close: enough states to keep either candidate from winning an electoral college majority...

Quote:
The goal would not be to manufacture an outright Trump electoral victory but only to prevent Biden from being named the official victor in enough states to carry the Electoral College. If Trump succeeds in doing that, he his coup would almost certainly succeed. Under the Constitution, if no candidate for president wins a majority of electoral votes by the assigned date for the Electoral College to cast its votes, this year on December 14th, then the election is decided by the House of Representatives. In that election, the Constitution stipulates, each state is entitled to one vote. Even though the Democrats hold a clear majority in the House overall, the Republicans control more state delegations, meaning that Trump, even if he loses in the popular vote and the Electoral College, would win with 26 out of 50 states. Alternatively, Trump’s phalanx of lawyers could succeed in throwing the election into the courts, which will speed the matter to the Supreme Court. Thanks now to the last-minute addition of Justice Amy Coney Barrett, who was a Republican lawyer-operative working with Kavanaugh in Florida in 2000, the Court will elect Trump, six votes to three. These would be the only votes that count in the 2020 election: six of them.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/donald-trump-defeat-american-democracy-supreme-court-1083865/
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

unleasHell wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

as is your hatred...

Hatred of trolling?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Omar Little wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Hey guys, for no reason, just thought I’d bring up an old quote where he misspoke himself!

hey, I just watched it, and I told you I'm not gonna vote for Trump, so why can't we just have some fun and tone down the attacks?

Last edited by unleasHell on Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:10 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

as is your hatred...

Hatred of trolling?

So, just to be clear, anyone who points out anything negative about Biden is automatically a Trump supporter and deserves to be attacked?

Why would you assume that (as omar loves to do)? I pretty much hate all politicians and (for the 10th time or so -I'm not voting for Trump) just trying to look at this from all sides, but in here there is ONLY ONE side right?

Just trying to figure it all out.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject:

I just spoke to my 85-year-old mother on the phone. She voted for Biden but for the third time in the last few weeks, she told me she thinks Trump is going to win. I asked her why she feels that way and she said Trump seems more out there (probably referring to rallies) and Biden has been quieter. She also said she thinks there is more enthusiasm for Trump.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

as is your hatred...

Hatred of trolling?

So, just to be clear, anyone who points out anything negative about Biden is automatically a Trump supporter and deserves to be attacked?

No. Plenty of people her have pointed out what they see as negatives about Biden. They just make an effort to do it from a point of substance.

You're just taking a moment where he misspoke and conflating it into something it isn't purely to get a reaction. The very definition of trolling.

Quote:
Why would you assume that (as omar loves to do)? I pretty much hate all politicians and (for the 10th time or so -I'm not voting for Trump) just trying to look at this from all sides, but in here there is ONLY ONE side right?

Just trying to figure it all out.

Which simply proves you have no intent of venturing into political discussions with any attempt at substance.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I just spoke to my 85-year-old mother on the phone. She voted for Biden but for the third time in the last few weeks, she told me she thinks Trump is going to win. I asked her why she feels that way and she said Trump seems more out there (probably referring to rallies) and Biden has been quieter. She also said she thinks there is more enthusiasm for Trump.

Not an illogical impression given how most of the media covers Trump versus Biden and how differently their campaigns conduct themselves.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Quote:
...But the key will be to disrupt by any means possible the counting of votes in states where the vote is close: enough states to keep either candidate from winning an electoral college majority...

Quote:
The goal would not be to manufacture an outright Trump electoral victory but only to prevent Biden from being named the official victor in enough states to carry the Electoral College. If Trump succeeds in doing that, he his coup would almost certainly succeed. Under the Constitution, if no candidate for president wins a majority of electoral votes by the assigned date for the Electoral College to cast its votes, this year on December 14th, then the election is decided by the House of Representatives. In that election, the Constitution stipulates, each state is entitled to one vote. Even though the Democrats hold a clear majority in the House overall, the Republicans control more state delegations, meaning that Trump, even if he loses in the popular vote and the Electoral College, would win with 26 out of 50 states. Alternatively, Trump’s phalanx of lawyers could succeed in throwing the election into the courts, which will speed the matter to the Supreme Court. Thanks now to the last-minute addition of Justice Amy Coney Barrett, who was a Republican lawyer-operative working with Kavanaugh in Florida in 2000, the Court will elect Trump, six votes to three. These would be the only votes that count in the 2020 election: six of them.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/political-commentary/donald-trump-defeat-american-democracy-supreme-court-1083865/

This is really scary stuff. I find it extremely unlikely simply because I don't think the votes will be close enough where it counts. However, scary none-the-less.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

[quote="DaMuleRules"]
unleasHell wrote:

Quote:
I pretty much hate all politicians

Which simply proves you have no intent of venturing into political discussions with any attempt at substance.

So by your reverse logic, only people who love politicians are allowed to talk about politics? (Are you related to my wife?)

I didn't say I was not voting, there are plenty of issues on the California ballot worth voting on, right?
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

as is your hatred...

unleasHell in his next post wrote:

What's wrong with this picture?

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

This is really scary stuff. I find it extremely unlikely simply because I don't think the votes will be close enough where it counts. However, scary none-the-less.

wow, if that was in movie it would be unbelievable, but I doubt it will get that far, when Trump loses , he'll sulk back to his financial empire, make his money, spout of to the news whenever they want to print something and he'll certainly have less stress... But I do think he'll go away, (somewhat) quietly...
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:40 pm    Post subject:

[quote="unleasHell"]
DaMuleRules wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Quote:

So by your reverse logic, only people who love politicians are allowed to talk about politics? (Are you related to my wife?)

I'm not sure you really want to engage in a discussion about logic. Because your leap of logic that just because I point out the bias in stating that you hate all politicians means I believe people need to "love" all of them is about as big a failure of logic as there can be.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:41 pm    Post subject:

True conservative republicans have to be happy with the current status of the supreme court. Now there is no real reason for them to continue to support Trump for a 2nd term.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:44 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

President Bernie Sanders agrees.

Seriously though, I posted a poll a couple days ago. By huge margins, Americans prefer Biden's style of campaigning during the pandemic.
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Wilt beat me to it as I was writing this out. Anyway.

You know who else had a lot of enthusiasm behind him? Bernie Sanders. It doesn’t matter how enthusiastic your supporters are if there aren’t enough of them.

The way I look at it with Trump is his supporters seem so enthusiastic because they are the ones left. If you’re with Trump at this point, you’re really with Trump and really happy to show it to everyone you know. Also Trump is not the “well what do I have to lose?” candidate for people who didn’t like Hillary or were scared off by the Comey letter.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
In final Fox News poll of this election it has Biden winning by eight points, 52 to 44. In 2016, in their last poll, they had Clinton up by 4, 48 to 44. Clinton won the national popular by 2.1%. This is very good news for Biden.

https://mobile.twitter.com/matthewjdowd/status/1322308774368104454
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:

Thanks, I will look it up. I agree that the Repubs were obstructionists and reactionaries during Obama and unabashedly so. And racist to boot. It is a BIG part of the problem with the system. I am just pollyannish enough to hope that there will be even moderate ones who will cooperate. Maybe I'm naive.

Nah, you want hope. You want ideals and idealism. That's terrific to have.

And maybe it plays out that way...but we first need to see what happens. Hopefully the "fever" will actually break but yea, if things keep going a certain direction, even after significant change in the WH and the Senate...

You force manuevers by the other side you may not like down the road.

Hopefully you enjoy that special, be curious what you think of it.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject:

His rallies are mostly held in deeply red areas of swing states. In any given speech, he might spend a couple sentences trying to appeal to people outside the base, but it's all forced and pathetic, "suburban wives, please like me!"

So no one besides the base is impressed by it.

It's probably hurting him more than helping him at this point.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:55 pm    Post subject:

I feel better about PA being fair for Biden because they have a Democrat Governor.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:02 pm    Post subject:

George Conway made a comment on Twitter that he thinks it's going to be a blowout for Biden. He's a pretty smart guy. I wonder if he has some inside info from his wife.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Even if Biden loses Texas, there's a good chance that the Democrats will take over the Texas state House. If they are able to do it (and I think they're favored), then they'll have a voice in redistricting for the U.S. House.

And if you want to see some gerrymandering, take a look at Austin.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject:

I think we are all still reacting to what Republicans did to Obama's tenure. Whether we're talking about the left caucus (Warren, Sanders, AOC, Omar, etc) who like myself are angry. Or more moderate Dems like Klobachar and Buttigieg who want to give bipartisanship, governing from the center more of a chance.

We just need to stay united no matter what. And anytime a more moderate Dem wants to lecture a progressive on pragmatism. Or a progressive wants to lecture a moderate Dem on compassion. We have those debates. But every 2 years we realize, there are bigger fish to fry (GOP).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2599, 2600, 2601 ... 3669, 3670, 3671  Next
Page 2600 of 3671
Jump to: