THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2971, 2972, 2973 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if after the inauguration, Biden tells Trump "Hey, I can pardon most of the terrorists who stormed the Capitol if you admit culpability. Otherwise, they get jail time," how quickly would Trump throw all those people under the bus so he does not admit any wrongdoing?

And if he does not take the bait, what would his supporters think then?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Ex presidents are privy to classified intelligence. I hope Biden doesn't afford that privilege to Trump. I don't trust him. I hope Biden doesn't.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Biden should offer Trump a pardon for a public allocution of his crimes... and then let the state of New York have him.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
trmiv wrote:
The Washington post put together a great timeline of what happened at the Capitol with footage. It’s really easy to see why that woman was shot when you see the context of what was happening at the time.

Yep. They had to hold the line right there or the insurrectionists would have had themselves some members of Congress. Shocking how long they were still in the House chamber after the breach. Had they been unable to find safe passage a lot more bullets would have been fired and a lot of insurrectionists would have died. You could have had 40-50 people dead if they were cornered and had to start taking more people out. Trump is lucky there is not a massive amount of blood staining the capitol floors.

I thought the evac of the floor waited too long. When Pence and Pelosi left why didn't the rest leave? Continuing with the count seemed to me bravado.

They actually didn’t leave, they were taken to a nearby location within the complex. The others left afterward as soon as they could clear a path.

I meant leave the House chamber floor where the certification tally was held. I thought they should have left the room at the same time Pelosi and Pence did. A safer path and location were likely available at that time. As I said I thought continuing to certify instead of leaving was a bit bravado.

They quit certifying when Pelosi left. I think it just took some time to arrange to securely move a larger number of people.

Makes sense. Slipped my mind they quit certifying to continue later.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
The media is reporting DHS should be concentrating on the White supremacy threat and how it's a danger in America. I remember a Captial insurrection participant saying if it had come to a gun battle they would have lost.

Personally, I'm not worried. Biden has the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corp, and brass knuckles on his side.

TIME LEFT UNTIL TRUMP LEAVES OFFICE

The problem with the re-invigoration of the white supremacy movement at this point is not something one resolves with the military. It's a far more nuanced and difficult battle than the threat of force can handle.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
The media is reporting DHS should be concentrating on the White supremacy threat and how it's a danger in America. I remember a Captial insurrection participant saying if it had come to a gun battle they would have lost.

Personally, I'm not worried. Biden has the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corp, and brass knuckles on his side.

Quote:
The problem with the re-invigoration of the white supremacy movement at this point is not something one resolves with the military. It's a far more nuanced and difficult battle than the threat of force can handle.

and brass knuckles on his side. Whoosh

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:26 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

especially when white supremacy is already inherent in those organizations
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
trmiv wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FBI investigates tip that a woman possibly stole a laptop from Pelosi's office to potentially sell it to Russia

The implications of this are staggering . . .

Someone from Pelosi’s staff said the laptop was used for presentations and doesn’t have anything important in it. Also I’d be shocked if the disk wasn’t encrypted. Disk encryption software is pretty much standard any government agency, places that do work for the government and pretty much most companies nowadays.

The point is, regardless of what was on the laptop and whether or not she was successful and getting it into the hands of the Russians, it opens up a Pandora's Box of disinformation. As some put it far better than I could elsewhere said:

Let me explain what she did first.

Williams didn't just fail at selling intelligence. She created an opening for the SVR, GRU, Iran, North Korea, and any other enemy of our country smart enough to forge a document.

Those are not harmless "alternative facts" that go on Page 12 of the newspaper's Weird News section next to the waterskiing squirrel story, not anymore. Alternative facts created an alternative America that just declared war on us and stormed our Capitol twelve days ago. This is deadly serious now.
Nothing stops Russia, right now, from forging a document on official Congressional letterhead that says Pelosi and Schumer are cannibal vampire alien Communists, releasing it through RT.com and Sputnik, getting Rudy Giuliani, Dan Bongino and Ali Alexander to push it, and tilting over a non-trivial portion of America into full delusionality. They have done exactly that, multiple times, in the past four years; this is actually the meme distribution pathway that Hunter Biden stories took during the fall of 2020.

Now, they'll say it came from the Capitol insurrection, and people will believe them. All that one of our enemies has to do is make up some fake document, claim they got it from the insurrectionists and rioters and traitors and simple morons in the Capitol on January 6th, and about 33% of America will believe it if they see it in the Epoch Times or Breitbart.

They could still do that with any piece of paper and say it was a document picked up from an office or the senate or house chambers during the insurrection. They don’t need her attempted sale of the laptop to make that kind of stuff up. The point I was making about the laptop is there was no actual information to be had from it because it was almost guaranteed fully encrypted.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

No "whoosh" moment at all. You're underestimating and oversimplifying the vast complexity of trying to stem the surge in WS activity and volatility that has boiled over in the last four years.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
trmiv wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
FBI investigates tip that a woman possibly stole a laptop from Pelosi's office to potentially sell it to Russia

The implications of this are staggering . . .

Someone from Pelosi’s staff said the laptop was used for presentations and doesn’t have anything important in it. Also I’d be shocked if the disk wasn’t encrypted. Disk encryption software is pretty much standard any government agency, places that do work for the government and pretty much most companies nowadays.

The point is, regardless of what was on the laptop and whether or not she was successful and getting it into the hands of the Russians, it opens up a Pandora's Box of disinformation. As some put it far better than I could elsewhere said:

Let me explain what she did first.

Williams didn't just fail at selling intelligence. She created an opening for the SVR, GRU, Iran, North Korea, and any other enemy of our country smart enough to forge a document.

Those are not harmless "alternative facts" that go on Page 12 of the newspaper's Weird News section next to the waterskiing squirrel story, not anymore. Alternative facts created an alternative America that just declared war on us and stormed our Capitol twelve days ago. This is deadly serious now.
Nothing stops Russia, right now, from forging a document on official Congressional letterhead that says Pelosi and Schumer are cannibal vampire alien Communists, releasing it through RT.com and Sputnik, getting Rudy Giuliani, Dan Bongino and Ali Alexander to push it, and tilting over a non-trivial portion of America into full delusionality. They have done exactly that, multiple times, in the past four years; this is actually the meme distribution pathway that Hunter Biden stories took during the fall of 2020.

Now, they'll say it came from the Capitol insurrection, and people will believe them. All that one of our enemies has to do is make up some fake document, claim they got it from the insurrectionists and rioters and traitors and simple morons in the Capitol on January 6th, and about 33% of America will believe it if they see it in the Epoch Times or Breitbart.

They could still do that with any piece of paper and say it was a document picked up from an office or the senate or house chambers during the insurrection. They don’t need her attempted sale of the laptop to make that kind of stuff up. The point I was making about the laptop is there was no actual information to be had from it because it was almost guaranteed fully encrypted.

I'm not speaking about the laptop, nor is the above piece. The laptop is simply the subject of the article I linked to to mention a bigger problem than this one incident. It's the larger issue that it points about that's problematic.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

trmiv
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Yea that’s why letting a bunch of yokels storm the Capitol was a bad idea.

If you watch some of the videos posted a few days back they were all snapping pics of documents with their phones. There’s going to be forged versions of these all over the place for years.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:21 pm    Post subject:

trmiv wrote:
Yea that’s why letting a bunch of yokels storm the Capitol was a bad idea.

If you watch some of the videos posted a few days back they were all snapping pics of documents with their phones. There’s going to be forged versions of these all over the place for years.

And it's what that is going to feed that is going to be problematic.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

20,000 wrote:
I wonder if after the inauguration, Biden tells Trump "Hey, I can pardon most of the terrorists who stormed the Capitol if you admit culpability. Otherwise, they get jail time," how quickly would Trump throw all those people under the bus so he does not admit any wrongdoing?

It's a clever idea but he'd admit he was wrong to score points... then after they were pardoned he'd say he only did it to get them free.

Then Biden would have to choose between making a martyr of him in the eyes of his people and a long protracted legal battle that would distract the country from the more important tasks at hand... or looking like a sucker

The best thing Biden can do to ruin Trump is have a very successful presidency.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ex presidents are privy to classified intelligence. I hope Biden doesn't afford that privilege to Trump. I don't trust him. I hope Biden doesn't.

Donald won't read em anyway, haha. He'll have a stack of them in the attic.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:14 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Donald won't read em anyway, haha. He'll put a stack of them on Putin's desk.

FIFY
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
20,000 wrote:

It's a clever idea but he'd admit he was wrong to score points... then after they were pardoned he'd say he only did it to get them free.

Then Biden would have to choose between making a martyr of him in the eyes of his people and a long protracted legal battle that would distract the country from the more important tasks at hand... or looking like a sucker

The best thing Biden can do to ruin Trump is have a very successful presidency.

Biden has an extremely difficult road ahead. His administration is going to need to prosecute 1,000's of the nation's own citizens on serious charges, something that is going to anger as much as a third of the nation.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

No "whoosh" moment at all. You're underestimating and oversimplifying the vast complexity of trying to stem the surge in WS activity and volatility that has boiled over in the last four years.

And you're not getting the brass knuckles sarcasm in my post. Whoosh

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject:

So the Washington Post is reporting that the FBI has warned Washington DC LE that there are plans to disrupt the inauguration, up to and including posing as NG troops in order to infiltrate the Inauguration security. The FBVI has tracked people downloading and sharing key locations to use as assets to create disruptions.

I think I may have said this before, but an outdoor ceremony in the current climate is sheer lunacy.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:12 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Oh I get it. You're just so focused on Joe's brass "knuckles" that you are completely missing the bigger package . . . or rather . . . picture.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Lil Wayne getting a pardon for his Trump endorsement and Melania "will become the first modern first lady not to invite the woman who will replace her to the White House for a walk-through of the private living quarters on the second and third floors.”

Trump administration staying classy till the very end.
Just 2 more days.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Donald won't read em anyway, haha. He'll put a stack of them on Putin's desk.

FIFY

I was actually thinkin along them lines, but I began to wonder just how much sensitive info they put in there for former presidents. I recall someone in the know who said they were stripped of the most sensitive of information as you could probably imagine. I dunno how much Vlade could even get out of them.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Suddenly, we’re are all Stormy Daniels, just waiting for him to finish so we can get some sleep.

https://twitter.com/crzyfkinworld/status/1351237093662580745
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Quote:

Oh I get it. You're just so focused on Joe's brass "knuckles" that you are completely missing the bigger package . . . or rather . . . picture.

No I'm focused on my sarcasm not the picture you're painting.

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:11 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Lil Wayne getting a pardon for his Trump endorsement and Melania "will become the first modern first lady not to invite the woman who will replace her to the White House for a walk-through of the private living quarters on the second and third floors.”

Trump administration staying classy till the very end.
Just 2 more days.

Maybe Mel should be given credit for enjoying that decorating and housewarming crap even less than Hillary did.
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Capitol Rioter Allegedly Told His Kids He’d Shoot Them If They Informed Authorities of His Participation

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/capitol-rioter-allegedly-told-kids-220346115.html

"“If you turn me in, you’re a traitor and you know what happens to traitors…traitors get shot,” Reffitt is alleged to have said to his children. Further accusations say he threatened to put a "bullet" through his daughter's phone if she spoke of what happened to her friends."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2971, 2972, 2973 ... 3661, 3662, 3663  Next
Page 2972 of 3663
Jump to: