OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1385, 1386, 1387 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Bol wrote:
I maintain that if Lonzo and Fox switched teams, Lonzo would look much better and Fox would struggle. One guy gets to do whatever he wants all game long with no competition, no risk of being pulled. The other gets to scrounge for scraps that LeBron doesn't want. It's just two totally different situations and disingenuous to compare, in my opinion.

Fox is more advanced at stuff that directly relates to scoring. He’d be fine in LA. Lonzo didn’t have the summer to work, and it shows. But he’s got such amazing instincts, and he’s already an elite defensive force.

Agreed.
And we're scary effective when Lonzo gets the defensive board and is the ignition switch for our offense. Same goes for Rondo. I like that continuity at the PG spot. With Fox we'd have to play 2 different ways. It could work. But I'm happy with what we have.
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Fox completely outplayed Ball head to head in the tournament and was the guy many of us wanted. Unfortunately, Magic picked Ball and told him he envisions a ball jersey being retired in the rafters.

It is what it is.

We can only hope Lonzo learns to shoot the basketball.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Lonzosox wrote:
This is watchME, i got banned for trashing Lonzo the scrub. We picked the wrong guy. All this good defense is (bleep) the numbers don’t support the claim. He would do better in place of Fox? where was he last year when he had the opportunity? True is his handles suck, touch sucks, even his motor sucks. I’ll go to a real board where people are not so biased. Should of traded him when i suggested now it is too late.

LONZO sUCKS.

:llol:

Bye!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
Fox completely outplayed Ball head to head in the tournament and was the guy many of us wanted. Unfortunately, Magic picked Ball and told him he envisions a ball jersey being retired in the rafters.

It is what it is.

Fox is the better player. But as far as young alternatives to Fox, I'm glad we have Lonzo. He fits well with our roster.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Bol wrote:
I maintain that if Lonzo and Fox switched teams, Lonzo would look much better and Fox would struggle. One guy gets to do whatever he wants all game long with no competition, no risk of being pulled. The other gets to scrounge for scraps that LeBron doesn't want. It's just two totally different situations and disingenuous to compare, in my opinion.

Fox is more advanced at stuff that directly relates to scoring. He’d be fine in LA. Lonzo didn’t have the summer to work, and it shows. But he’s got such amazing instincts, and he’s already an elite defensive force.

I think Fox's opportunities would be limited compared to what he has now. He likes to do his thing off the dribble, and there aren't other guys on the Kings who take the ball out of his hands, not to mention they have MUCH better shooting (Kings are 2nd in the league in 3pt %). You don't think Lonzo would flourish with a greater opportunity to run the show and all those shooters around him? It'd be UCLA all over again. If nothing else, he would put up bigger numbers, which I believe is what a lot of people are looking for.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo was the consensus number 2 pick. The majority of Laker fans wanted him taken with the number 2 pick. It's too early to say how it's going to work out.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lonzo was the consensus number 2 pick. The majority of Laker fans wanted him taken with the number 2 pick. It's too early to say how it's going to work out.

Many Laker fans wanted that second pick to be Tatum.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject:

NBA Draft Rumors: Lakers pushing for Jayson Tatum workout

The Lakers tryed to bring in Tatum. Not much you can do if he says no. Maybe he had a promise from Boston.

Quote:
The Lakers are pushing to land a workout with Duke lottery prospect Jayson Tatum, according to Chad Ford’s of ESPN’s latest draft update. LA’s front office is reportedly interested in getting a better idea about Tatum

LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
I think Fox's opportunities would be limited compared to what he has now. He likes to do his thing off the dribble, and there aren't other guys on the Kings who take the ball out of his hands, not to mention they have MUCH better shooting (Kings are 2nd in the league in 3pt %). You don't think Lonzo would flourish with a greater opportunity to run the show and all those shooters around him? It'd be UCLA all over again. If nothing else, he would put up bigger numbers, which I believe is what a lot of people are looking for.

If Kings had Lonzo instead of Fox, would they still be 2nd in the league in 3pt%?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Bol wrote:

If Kings had Lonzo instead of Fox, would they still be 2nd in the league in 3pt%?

Yeah. Just done in a different way.

I haven't forgotten how UCLA played alongside Lonzo.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Lonzo a more complete than Curry?

I've heard it all.

I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic lol.

Yup, it all depends on how people define "complete", but I'm sure it'll be something like this:

They'll break it down into categories and give checkmarks to each category, so:

1) Scoring
2) Defense
3) Rebounding
4) Passing

And by that logic, they can conclude that Lonzo is a more complete player than Curry.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Bol wrote:

Let me rephrase: a part of the reason the Kings are 2nd in 3pt % is because Fox shoots 41%.

If we substituted Lonzo's 3pt % of 31% for Fox's 41%, would the Kings still be 2nd in the league.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Kid is gonna out the pieces together and be a unique impact piece. Already is without being able to score much.

Let’s hope it happens. I worry about it from a mental perspective.

The more bad shooting or disengaged games he has, the more it could impact his psyche which is the dangerous part. I really don’t mind the bad shooting games for now so long as he is aggressive and finishes at above average rate at the rim.

You missed when Lonzo said he's just going to keep shooting? He's also stayed aggressive on the offensive end even on these off games. So I'm not sure the problem/fear people had in the first 10 games is really as relevant now considering how aggressive Lonzo has been, whether his shot was falling or not.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Kid is gonna out the pieces together and be a unique impact piece. Already is without being able to score much.

Let’s hope it happens. I worry about it from a mental perspective.

The more bad shooting or disengaged games he has, the more it could impact his psyche which is the dangerous part. I really don’t mind the bad shooting games for now so long as he is aggressive and finishes at above average rate at the rim.

You missed when Lonzo said he's just going to keep shooting? He's also stayed aggressive on the offensive end even on these off games. So I'm not sure the problem/fear people had in the first 10 games is really as relevant now considering how aggressive Lonzo has been, whether his shot was falling or not.

If the question is “who will be better 5 seasons from now?” I’m saying Lonzo. I’m 60/40 or 65/35 on it depending on how well Lonzo can develop on offense. I’m glad he keeps shooting, he needs to.

All I’m saying is right now Fox is the better player. I do have Lonzo eventually being better because I have faith that at his size he will start converting more at the rim. His shot will also improve with more reps and <ahem> a shooting coach.
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Lonzo a more complete than Curry?

I've heard it all.

I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic lol.

In this particular thread, you never know.

A thread that you're in.
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:

It is what it is.

AAAND Kentucky went down same as UCLA, they giving "participation trophies" in march now?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Christopher Walken wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:

It is what it is.

AAAND Kentucky went down same as UCLA, they giving "participation trophies" in march now?

odd comeback
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:54 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Bol wrote:

Let me rephrase: a part of the reason the Kings are 2nd in 3pt % is because Fox shoots 41%.

If we substituted Lonzo's 3pt % of 31% for Fox's 41%, would the Kings still be 2nd in the league.

That's really beside the point. The point is that Fox has better shooters around him than the Lakers. Do you disagree with that? Hield and Bjelica are scorching at well over 40%, Bogdanovic and Shumpert are hitting 37-38% on 4.5+ attempts. The Lakers only have Hart and LeBron anywhere near that.

For what it's worth, though it would obviously be more complex than this in reality, the Kings would fall to 5th if you took away Fox's 3's and added Lonzo's.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject:

^ And why do you think that might be? =)
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 6:07 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Bol wrote:

That's really beside the point. The point is that Fox has better shooters around him than the Lakers. Do you disagree with that? Hield and Bjelica are scorching at well over 40%, Bogdanovic and Shumpert are hitting 37-38% on 4.5+ attempts. The Lakers only have Hart and LeBron anywhere near that.

For what it's worth, though it would obviously be more complex than this in reality, the Kings would fall to 5th if you took away Fox's 3's and added Lonzo's.

That's what I was asking. Thanks

So, what kind of big numbers do you think Lonzo would put up playing for the Kings?

And is Lonzo doomed playing for us because pretty much our core is what it is.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

The problem is some people think one year of college shows what a player will be in the pros. Nope....

I think he was lucky at UCLA....different game. He could just free flow and make some shots here and there. He really needs some help with his form and shot if he thinks he will ever be a solid NBA player.

He's got the court vision and the defense....needs to sharpen his confidence in shooting the rock.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:

Lonzo's also the more complete player compared to Steph Curry.

If Steph Curry isn't scoring, he isn't affecting the game neither

Oh dear..
I see the stanhood is 💪 in this one.
Christopher Walken
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Lonzo's also the more complete player compared to Steph Curry.

If Steph Curry isn't scoring, he isn't affecting the game neither

Oh dear..
I see the stanhood is 💪 in this one.

I think you two have found each other, it's serendipity.

saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/UnwrittenRul3s/status/1072063509431603200?s=19
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:04 am    Post subject:

I love Lonzo's defense. I am confident enough to say that he is already one of the best defenders in the league.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1385, 1386, 1387 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1386 of 1688
Jump to: