The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1631, 1632, 1633 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:44 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
defense wrote:
His decline is happening. Now we have to suffer through it

There is no magic fix

It’s amazing how fast it happened. He was playing like the MVP last year before the ankle injury.

We have one year with him thank God. We have to survive. After that I hope they will not going to offer him anything. He is done. Just let him go. Wherever he goes that team will be screwed. He doesn't not worth more than 20 mil per year with zero defensive effort and he became highly injury prone.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:50 am    Post subject:

I don't think it's just physical decline. This is laziness. Mental approach. I saw him blow by the defenders multiple times. And his post game? He has a great post game, especially as a passer in there. He should be playing the Jokic role on offense when at 5, and then at 3, he should be living in the post.

Instead, we see him stick outside, shoot 3s. and jumpers, do a lot of quick swing passes. That's completely lazy offense. He's taking no ownership of the team at all.

This is mental more than physical, IMO. His physical decline isn't going to stop him from getting into the post and commanding a post up. The decline won't stop him from blowing by a big 5 when matched up against him. We saw yesterday even his first play at the 5 he blew right by the Clippers 5 and got and 1 layup. However we didn't see those attacks again and again. Instead, settled for jumpshots.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

If folks are thinking that any part of 360 is going to get fired up about games in Dec, then they are going to be disappointed. Given their age and/or fragility they are not going to lay out this early. even I call games before Christmas the unofficial preseason.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:15 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I don't think it's just physical decline. This is laziness. Mental approach. I saw him blow by the defenders multiple times. And his post game? He has a great post game, especially as a passer in there. He should be playing the Jokic role on offense when at 5, and then at 3, he should be living in the post.

Instead, we see him stick outside, shoot 3s. and jumpers, do a lot of quick swing passes. That's completely lazy offense. He's taking no ownership of the team at all.

This is mental more than physical, IMO. His physical decline isn't going to stop him from getting into the post and commanding a post up. The decline won't stop him from blowing by a big 5 when matched up against him. We saw yesterday even his first play at the 5 he blew right by the Clippers 5 and got and 1 layup. However we didn't see those attacks again and again. Instead, settled for jumpshots.

he is dogging it... but physical decline is also a huge factor. he's not pushing it, since it's too early in the season. he's probably pacing himself.

last year, he ran out of gas after having a very good 1st half. I am not trying to make excuses for Lebron, but that's just my guess.

I also do understand the growing concern that he looks not very driven.. like he's not playing to win.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject:

^
This may explain some of it.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/32783732/los-angeles-lakers-lebron-james-frustrated-nba-covid-19-testing-process

Quote:

James, who said he didn't pick up a basketball from the time L.A.'s game against the Detroit Pistons ended on Sunday until shootaround on Friday, admitted his rhythm has been affected by the stop-and-go nature of his season. He played in the Lakers' first three games, then missed two games because of an ankle injury. Then he played in the Lakers' next three games after that, then missed the next eight games because of an abdominal strain. Then he played two games before missing a game because of the first suspension of his 19-year career. Then he played three games before he missed the Kings game.

"Going into Sacramento, I was getting into the rhythm -- a really, really good rhythm -- like offensively, defensively," James said. "It's just been very frustrating either dealing with the groin or the abdomen, and then having to deal with the false positive that knocked me out a game, then knocked me off the floor and not being able to keep my rhythm. It's just ... it's been a very challenging year to start a fourth of the season for myself. But, only good things ahead."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:16 am    Post subject:

James carries a lot of weight on his shoulders as the leader of this team. They go as he goes. Simply the reality of being Lebron F’n James.

Up to him to turn this around. His lead will dictate the success of this season.

Will he continue to make excuses and cool social media statements or start putting in the effort and commitment to the team winning that is needed?

Will he continue to look disinterested and start throwing coaches and teammates under the bus as he has done in the past or does he do what it takes to turn “his” team into a competitive contender?

At the start of the season the general consensus was to give them 20 games to develop before criticizing the team. We have passed that to less then satisfactory results IMO.

Will be interesting to see the next 20. Do they make it work or start turning on each other as a team? Both are entirely possible.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:55 am    Post subject:

Quote:

At the start of the season the general consensus was to give them 20 games to develop before criticizing the team.

Thing is they haven't had 20 games. We're at game 24, but Bron has been in/out all season. The depth is clearly gone. We have role players that can't start on contenders. So our big 3 have to play to their standard, and Vogel has to figure out (or get these guys to figure out) defensive coverages and schemes. We have seen some improvement on defense, but it's not a strength at all.

Bron's games

3 played
2 missed
3 played
7 missed
1.5 played
1.5 missed (suspension)
2 played
1 missed (False covid)
1 played

You see there's no flow to his playing. And until he plays a sequence of games continuously. Bron has played about 11.5 games out of 24. This just won't get it done. And it's not like 11.5 straight and missing 12.5 straight. It's start stop start stop. Very hard to gain chemistry and flow this way for any of the team.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

Time to trade Lebron and start over. Warriors will have their big 3 in their prime for at least 3 more years. I don't think the 2019 Lakers would have beaten this Warriors team assuming everyone was healthy. This year, assuming we have everyone playing at their potential, do we even a chance against the Warrirors? If the answer is yes, then continue on our current path. If the answer is no, trade everyone for draft picks and start over.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:30 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Time to trade Lebron and start over. Warriors will have their big 3 in their prime for at least 3 more years. I don't think the 2019 Lakers would have beaten this Warriors team assuming everyone was healthy. This year, assuming we have everyone playing at their potential, do we even a chance against the Warrirors? If the answer is yes, then continue on our current path. If the answer is no, trade everyone for draft picks and start over.

Come back to reality! Lakers are not trading James.

They are so far along this James/Klutch path it is ridiculous. This has always been the expected result as James declines into his Retirement Tour. Has been since the day he signed. The FO and some fans knew this was the likely outcome.

They won a ring and are relevant again. Lakers got what they wanted out of the deal. The marketing of the “brand” is the biggest factor at this point. The hope of wringing one more unexpected playoff run out of James and his constantly revolving band of misfits was expected and planned for.

My guess is it will just become more and more ugly as expectations do not match reality. And we hope for one more gasp of “ chemistry and health” resulting in a competitive playoff run.

The rebuild without assets is coming. No need to rush it!
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject:

He don't look right.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
He don't look right.

19th year. The goal was for the softie AD to carry the load but looks he himself is chilling
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
He don't look right.

19th year. The goal was for the softie AD to carry the load but looks he himself is chilling
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

It's not about trading Bron. That's foolish. It's about putting the correct pieces around him to mask his weaknesses. 2010 LeBron you could put this exact roster around him and we'd be winning the title no doubt. He was that great. That man was an elite defender with the greatest most explosive first step in history that could get to the rim at will and it was that pressure on defenses that opened up everything for Miami and Cleveland. We still saw some of that in 2020. And for what it's worth, I think he still has some juice left but he's not able to do it 82 games a season season for 36 mpg like he used to.

But this LeBron can't. And that's not a knock. It's Father Time. He's still playing at the highest lever for any NBA player in year 19. This is the most refined version of LeBron but Rob built a team as though it was Miami LeBron. Seriously, having three 36 year old guys (LBJ, Melo, Ariza) as your only wing players in 2021 basketball is ridiculously stupid. Then around them you have AD, Dwight and then a whole bunch of defensive liabilities. That's why the Celtics blew us out the way they did even without Brown.. big wings are our kryptonite. Paul George had a terrible game but still beat us because we were forced to send hard doubles on him because Monk/Russ/Wayne/Reaves etc are way too small.

I don't hate the Westbrook deal fully. But given you moved KCP and Kuz, who were two of the 2 best perimeter defenders we had last couple years, losing the 3rd to free agency because we couldn't afford the luxury tax.

I've said it before.. losing Caruso was the move that could cost us everything this year. You keep Caruso as starting 2 via bird rights, use the mMLE on a big wing like Otto Porter Jr and our 2 biggest issues are at least partially addressed. I also would argue that while Dennis kinda wore out his welcome here, signing him to a $8-10M one year deal was also a no brainer. That gives you a 6th man who can defend, push the pace, and get to the rim by breaking down defenses.

All those moves would have helped ease the burden on LeBron greatly. Maybe in the end Magic knew what he was talking about trying to put ball handlers and rim attackers around LeBron.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:28 am    Post subject:

Lebron gets the blame for last night. He easily could of taken on the task of shutting down PG13 himself just like he did in the last regular season victory we had against the Clips in the bubble (were he actually shutdown Kawhi and PG) or that March 2020 victory ( Clippers home game) before the world shutdown. An then on offense he settled for far too many low percentage jump shots. Down by 5 he destroyed Serge Ibaka with a drive to the basket which he could of easily done on repeat.

Sure it seems like asking our Legend at Year 19 to do too much but a totally different response from what we seen in Indiana a week ago and last night it was against the hated Clips ( next game against the celtics ) We won’t get an opportunity for revenge against the Clips until February.

Lebron was clearly upset with how the league handled his false positives earlier this week citing in his postgame interview it threw his rhythm off as he wasn’t able to do anything besides watch his sons play in their high school league games.

It’s no secret we’re trash right now but with 58 games left can some posters at least save their “Trade Lebron” rants till the offseason??!?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
It's not about trading Bron. That's foolish. It's about putting the correct pieces around him to mask his weaknesses. 2010 LeBron you could put this exact roster around him and we'd be winning the title no doubt. He was that great. That man was an elite defender with the greatest most explosive first step in history that could get to the rim at will and it was that pressure on defenses that opened up everything for Miami and Cleveland. We still saw some of that in 2020. And for what it's worth, I think he still has some juice left but he's not able to do it 82 games a season season for 36 mpg like he used to.

But this LeBron can't. And that's not a knock. It's Father Time. He's still playing at the highest lever for any NBA player in year 19. This is the most refined version of LeBron but Rob built a team as though it was Miami LeBron. Seriously, having three 36 year old guys (LBJ, Melo, Ariza) as your only wing players in 2021 basketball is ridiculously stupid. Then around them you have AD, Dwight and then a whole bunch of defensive liabilities. That's why the Celtics blew us out the way they did even without Brown.. big wings are our kryptonite. Paul George had a terrible game but still beat us because we were forced to send hard doubles on him because Monk/Russ/Wayne/Reaves etc are way too small.

I don't hate the Westbrook deal fully. But given you moved KCP and Kuz, who were two of the 2 best perimeter defenders we had last couple years, losing the 3rd to free agency because we couldn't afford the luxury tax.

I've said it before.. losing Caruso was the move that could cost us everything this year. You keep Caruso as starting 2 via bird rights, use the mMLE on a big wing like Otto Porter Jr and our 2 biggest issues are at least partially addressed. I also would argue that while Dennis kinda wore out his welcome here, signing him to a $8-10M one year deal was also a no brainer. That gives you a 6th man who can defend, push the pace, and get to the rim by breaking down defenses.

All those moves would have helped ease the burden on LeBron greatly. Maybe in the end Magic knew what he was talking about trying to put ball handlers and rim attackers around LeBron.

💯

He’s coasting and frankly he should cause it’s in our best interest to have him rev up in the postseason.

But it’s costing us regular season games/playoff seeding and that’s on Frank with this gimmicky (bleep) he likes to do with Bron.

Obviously roster construction is the issue and it goes back to the FO for setting it up that way, but we made him the exclusive ball handler the last couple years trying to make him Magic 2.0 and now we’re trying to make him a small ball center.

I know we pay him a premium and the regular season has looked ugly, but I’m just fine with sneaking into the playoffs as long as we got health on our side (particularly with Bron).

I don’t mind seeing him take it easy on defensive assignments and I dont mind him being more perimeter oriented on offense during the regular season….as long as he returns to his Father Time defiant form come May.

We have him for a couple more years, so exploit that window. Stop the regular season shenanigans of making him a PG or a C…dude should be a scoring wing on offense to chase down KAJ’s all time points record while playing free safety weak side help on defense. He shouldn’t be defending our ops’ best wings and small ball centers. Our roster is forcing him to do so at the moment till Ariza gets back, but the object should be to load manage dude till the postseason.

With his ridiculous postseason résumé over his 19 year career and approaching 37y/o of age, what y’all expect? If we’re all about the title, we have to embrace the race…it’s not where we finish after the regular season…it’s about how we run through the tape heading into the playoffs.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:52 am    Post subject:

How about James and his Pals “ease their burden” by playing with some intensity and urgency from the opening whistle?

Earn the rest and half-assed efforts in the fourth quarter when up by 20 pts during garbage time instead of wasting possessions and chasing from 10, 15, or 20pts behind at the end of the first quarter.

This is by no means all on James. More then enough questionable performances to criticize most of the players. But only one player possibly turns this around. Maybe it is time to have another meeting at his house to discuss some issues and commitments.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

Quote:
LeBron James on Tyronn Lue: "As a coach, he doesn't have a weakness."

LeCalculated and he isn’t the only one. A few guys have been taking subtle shots at Vogel.

Including lazy AD, who somewhere along the line became more of an empty stats lazy player as opposed to the game changer.

Seems like Klutch has made the decision. Vogel or no Vogel, the Lakers are cooked with grandpa Lebron and this version of AD who shows up with the consistency of a 35 years old too. Lakers aren’t going to compete if AD chooses not to be in his prime 28 year old taking the mantle and being this team’s Giannis level impact.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Lebron coasting the first 20 games and some change has always been a thing. Not just in Year 19 he was doing this Tim Foolery, in year 9 as well

Next game should tell us a lot coming off a lost.
As it’s the last meeting against the celtics and Dennis’ return to Staples.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Come back to reality! Lakers are not trading James.

They are so far along this James/Klutch path it is ridiculous. This has always been the expected result as James declines into his Retirement Tour. Has been since the day he signed. The FO and some fans knew this was the likely outcome.

They won a ring and are relevant again. Lakers got what they wanted out of the deal. The marketing of the “brand” is the biggest factor at this point. The hope of wringing one more unexpected playoff run out of James and his constantly revolving band of misfits was expected and planned for.

My guess is it will just become more and more ugly as expectations do not match reality. And we hope for one more gasp of “ chemistry and health” resulting in a competitive playoff run.

The rebuild without assets is coming. No need to rush it!

We're not rebuilding as long as we have Lebron. The longer we have Bron, the longer we have to try a build a contender around him. If I knew theres a realistically chance we might win #18, then I wouldn't advocate for a rebuilding.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

I feel like LeBron and clutch want Vogel gone and they want their own coach put in place. There is no way that Vogel said our game plan is to walk the ball up court, hold it for 13 second and shoot a fade away 3. I believe he and maybe some other LeClutch are sandbagging. I saw THT just ignore his assignments a couple times on D. LeClutch wants their own coach out in place. Probably always has but Vegel has been very successful.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James on Tyronn Lue: "As a coach, he doesn't have a weakness."

LeCalculated and he isn’t the only one. A few guys have been taking subtle shots at Vogel.

Including lazy AD, who somewhere along the line became more of an empty stats lazy player as opposed to the game changer.

Seems like Klutch has made the decision. Vogel or no Vogel, the Lakers are cooked with grandpa Lebron and this version of AD who shows up with the consistency of a 35 years old too. Lakers aren’t going to compete if AD chooses not to be in his prime 28 year old taking the mantle and being this team’s Giannis level impact.

Not really. That opportunity went and passed our first go around. He’s not coming mid season and we burned that bridge by trying to dictate his and Monty William’s staff.

Frank to me can’t see the Forest from the trees. His strength is defense but his coaching staff outside of Handy is subpar. It’s certainly a step down from Holland/Kidd. Offensively, they don’t have an identity so they can’t be held accountable.

Roster wise they’re ill fitted so Frank has to try to experiment every game. After a while it build inconsistency. That said the team has had several games where they’re too prideful and the effort isn’t there. Younger players don’t have that type of ego. Deandre Jordan has the ego as if he’s on the Clippers when he’s clearly washed and that’s on Rob for getting him. Too many chiefs not enough Indians.

We need more youth, we need better offensive coaching then who we hired. I don’t know why they keep delaying the possibility of bringing Terry Stotts as a consultant. He could help stabilize the offense. You passed on Caruso which by all means is a mistake.

We gave Klutch/Lebron too much power and you know they’re going to shift the blame to us. Rob as an agent has always capitulated to his clients and here he’s preparing to throw Vogel under the bus like Magic to cover the fact that he made poor decisions completing the roster. Funny thing is I didn’t mention Westbrook because he’s actually upward trending but the coaching staff needs augmentation not a firing. They need an outside voice because they really are hitting a wall now.

All it would take is Terry Stots as our offensive mind. A THT trade for a young wing who can play D & hit the 3 and hopefully the return of Ariza and Nunn to roll off a nice winning streak.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is the leader of the Lakers. If he plays hard, the Lakers play hard. If he is in "coast-mode", then guess what...

You know what we really need, and I can't believe I'm actually saying this...We need Russell Westbrook, of all people, to take over leadership of this Lakers team. I know that sounds absurd, but think about it.

RW is younger, and still in his prime. He works hard every game. And he's hungry to win his first Finals. Forget about the flaws in his game; it's his attitude that this Lakers team needs, not Lebron's. And that's not a knock on Lebron. Lebron is old, broken down, and has won before. He can afford to coast if he wants. The problem is, he has undue influence on this entire Lakers franchise, especially the players. And when Lebron plays half-assed and disengaged, the entire team follows suit.

RW, for all his flaws, never plays half-assed.

So, my question is this, will Lebron be willing to let RW take over leadership of this team, or will he continue to lead the Lakers with mediocre regular season mindset?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Where are all these coaching and new player ideas coming from?

There will be no new offensive system or coach added. They run the James system.

There will be no trades unless the new players know their role. In the James system.

Westbrook and/or Davis are not taking over leadership from James.

Kind of cute that some of you think there is any option but to continue down this “ all in for James” path they happily took when they signed him. We can only hope he finds a fountain of youth for another playoff run.

If not , the Retirement Tour begins early. With the focus being establishing James as the Career Pts leader instead of another Championship.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Lebron is the leader of the Lakers. If he plays hard, the Lakers play hard. If he is in "coast-mode", then guess what...

You know what we really need, and I can't believe I'm actually saying this...We need Russell Westbrook, of all people, to take over leadership of this Lakers team. I know that sounds absurd, but think about it.

RW is younger, and still in his prime. He works hard every game. And he's hungry to win his first Finals. Forget about the flaws in his game; it's his attitude that this Lakers team needs, not Lebron's. And that's not a knock on Lebron. Lebron is old, broken down, and has won before. He can afford to coast if he wants. The problem is, he has undue influence on this entire Lakers franchise, especially the players. And when Lebron plays half-assed and disengaged, the entire team follows suit.

RW, for all his flaws, never plays half-assed.

So, my question is this, will Lebron be willing to let RW take over leadership of this team, or will he continue to lead the Lakers with mediocre regular season mindset?

you expect a 19th year player to play hard in a meaningless regular season? that expectation should be put on the 28 year old AD who is just flat out a lazy bum

the goal was for AD to take over but ...he never did
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1631, 1632, 1633 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1632 of 2082
Jump to: