The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1038, 1039, 1040 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:20 pm    Post subject:

Lebron played the same kobe defense late in his career
CHAMP24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
He do look heavy tho

Yeah, but he came through tonight. Keep that (bleep) up!!!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:26 pm    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
To me James is playing with very little intensity, as if he's still not 100%. Lackadaisical passes. Passed out to perimeter with Paul on him. Passed again to perimeter with Harden (3 fouls) on him.

Maybe GOAT in past but right now playing like a tired old man. I think in one play Tucker jumped over him for rebound.

He has learned to pace himself and no longer goes all out like his younger days. He trust his team mates a lot and will always make the right play. Bullock missed his first few shots but Lebron will continue to go to him if his wide open. Trusting your team mates. He gets a lot of heat for that.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Dude is incredible

Baron knows what's up.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Team is shaping out to be more LeBron friendly. Really want to see extended minutes w Bron at the 5 running with a lineup of:

KCP
Bullock
Ingram
Kuzma
LeBron

That lineup gives us the most spacing, but also provides LeBron a pressure relief in BI if he needs to take a possession off to catch his wind
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Lebron looked good. Felt comfortable with the ball in his hands down the stretch tonight.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject:

I will say this though, father time is slowly catching up. I was incredibly sad with that drive on Austin Rivers
DaKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Where the fk are all the Lebron haters now

Probably somewhere pissed of that Lebron played well and Lakers won. The Bron haters in my opinion are also Laker haters and not true fans. We all know a true fan will want whats best for Lebron because that in turn will help the Lakers do well. The end game is a Championship...Simple. The trash talking Lebron thing they do isn’t helping the team or this forum in any way...He’s part of the team like it or not so haters gotta suck it up n drive on.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject:

I don’t think he played anywhere near his usual level but he still dominated the game, I think he’s really gonna start cooking by March/April.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject:

((PLEASE REFRAIN FROM DEROGATORY PERSONAL COMMENTS ABOUT OTHER POSTERS - JMK))
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject:

Good job Good effort!
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:53 am    Post subject:

I’m never worried about one of the greatest of all time.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:36 am    Post subject:

He doesn't look 100% yet.. which bodes well for us considering how he's still able to be effective.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 5:15 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
((COMMENT DELETED - JMK))

PLAYOFF BRON!!!! Let's go!!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject:

tony wrote:
I will say this though, father time is slowly catching up. I was incredibly sad with that drive on Austin Rivers

Of course. But he has such a diverse skillset that even when he naturally declines, he can rely on these things as his athleticism declines. Plus, he's 6'8, "280" pounds so he can downshift a position too. 29/11/6 in 40 minutes while on the "decline," I'll still take that.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

with Beastmode-LBJ aka Playoffmode-LBJ nothing is impossible
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

his court vision gave them the lead
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
https://youtu.be/tFPD5uAJ0mo?t=407

his court vision gave them the lead

Bullock with that clutch three to push the lead..

See dude in comments.. spent $1000 to go to the game from Australia. Guy is very happy
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

tony wrote:

It is but he can still look good when his teammates step up. He won’t be winning anything by himself, it takes a team effort.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:28 am    Post subject:

DaKing23 wrote:
where24happens wrote:
Where the fk are all the Lebron haters now

Probably somewhere pissed of that Lebron played well and Lakers won. The Bron haters in my opinion are also Laker haters and not true fans. We all know a true fan will want whats best for Lebron because that in turn will help the Lakers do well. The end game is a Championship...Simple. The trash talking Lebron thing they do isn’t helping the team or this forum in any way...He’s part of the team like it or not so haters gotta suck it up n drive on.

This whole "true fan" (bleep) is ridiculous. Grow up.

Just because some are critical of James' flaws or the overall plan does not mean they are rooting against him or the Lakers. I'm not and I doubt I'm the only one with this mindset. Your blind James rhetoric is just as bad IMO.

The man is incredibly talented. He is the lynch pin to the Lakers making the playoffs. I would like to see the Lakers in the playoffs. Simple logic.

Does not mean I will not get a bit frustrated by seeing signs of a declining James and the prospects of the next 3 years. Despite his incredible numbers, he still has some frustrating defensive and intensity lapses that effects the score. Two sides to the same coin. We all choose to see them or ignore them as we see fit. It has nothing to do with be a "true fan " or not.

James brings a lot of baggage to the team. Some positive, some negative. My opinion remains the same. Win now building around a declining pivotal player is not going to work. This is not prime James.

Great win last night. James had an incredible second half. Now he needs to sustain and even build on it for the final stretch. Same as the other players need to be focused and play with that sense of purpose too.

Tired of the excuses from him or about him. Time is over for any member of the team to have bruised egos or resentments the rest of the season. James is the face of the franchise. He is in the discussion as the GOAT. So lead the team by example to the playoffs. Simple as that.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

It's fine to criticize LBJ. He has had many grounds for criticism. But others do not even articulate that, it's just a blind hatred of him. As long as he's donning a Lakers jersey I will be rooting for him and the team to succeed.
nickj08
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It's fine to criticize LBJ. He has had many grounds for criticism. But others do not even articulate that, it's just a blind hatred of him. As long as he's donning a Lakers jersey I will be rooting for him and the team to succeed.

Pretty much this. There are a vocal minority who would rather see Lebron fail then the Lakers win, it's weird.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:03 am    Post subject:

nickj08 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Pretty much this. There are a vocal minority who would rather see Lebron fail then the Lakers win, it's weird.

Problem is there is just as vocal a contingent that ignore a rational discussion of any current downsides of James as a Laker. Or just as vocal a group that often state how all the other players "suck" and are worthless. Instead of weighing strengths and weaknesses or team impact. Doesn't that fair assessment of any player fall into the "true fan" category too? Or is that status just reserved for criticism of James?

Only speaking for myself, but sometimes the rhetoric around the blind ideology of James is just as annoying as you must find the "James haters".

James is a polarizing player. Both good and bad. He is an amazing HoF talent. But there is no denying the man brings a disruptive circus to every team he has joined. It takes a couple years to sort out the issues and contend. Lakers do not have a couple years.

Even with a great win there were several cringe worthy WTF moments last night. From multiple players...including James. Loved how they found their chemistry midway through the third and the fourth. That is the focus and intensity that is needed to make the playoffs.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

LeBron likes to use the word activate almost as much as Kobe liked the word execute.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I agree, I criticize him. I still call him "Lebronze". But the dude is an absolute beast, and one of the greatest ever, and he still chose on his own free will to come to the Lakers. Thats good enough for me, even if he is 34.

I even commend him for coming back from this injury and gutting it out with this team. He did tear his groin, he is 34, it is risky. I'm thinking he is going to display alot of heart and guts over the rest of the season.

He looked so tired last night, he has to still be out of shape...understandably.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1038, 1039, 1040 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1039 of 2079
Jump to: