The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1184, 1185, 1186 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Don’t want to cause a stir but LeBron is better then Kobe and I love Kobe but it’s the truth.

If you don't wanna cause a stir, than don't make outlandish comments like this. I mean what was the purpose of this comment? It has no relevance at all. It was just a random comment that you wanted to say.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Bron bringing Showtime Magic back
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, about the only positive from magic's tenure in the font office was for Vogel to think "hey, that lebron guy plays kinda like magic... Let's try that!"

governator wrote:
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

I"m glad you're a Laker, Lebron!
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject:

King making this lifelong laker feel like a bandwagon fan. I always felt LeGM had a negative connotation to it. There’s method to the Mad King’s schemes.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

“He has no lift and is only above average now” whatever
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Only dude left from 2003 class and he looks fresh. LOL! Barring injury, he will break Kareem's scoring record. Book it.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Only dude left from 2003 class and he looks fresh. LOL! Barring injury, he will break Kareem's scoring record. Book it.

He has a very real shot to do that, and is the ONLY player on the top 20 all-time scoring list who is still active in the league. Which means he is the only player active as of today that even has a plausible prayer of passing Cap.

That said, he is still 5844 points behind Kareem, and will turn 35 in December. That’s not nothing. Most players begin to suffer more physical maladies as they get further into their 30s. And LeBron missed 27 games last season and over the last several seasons it looks like he’s averaging around 9 or 10 DNP’s per season. That figure could go up as he moves along thru the next few seasons and we still have “load management” looming on the horizon.

Also the Lakers now have Anthony Davis, for this season at least and hopefully beyond. Bron probably won’t have to score as much with Davis out there carrying a big part of that load.

LeBron may well pass Kareem one day. But it’s not a lock and will take him enjoying good health and continuing to score quite a bit each season.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:33 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
“He has no lift and is only above average now” whatever

Well ummmmmm.... Is it true?

Yea it is true.. He doesn't have as much lift. That is a fact. Was it also said that him being as intelligent as he is means he will be an above average player whether he's athletic or not?

Did he not look like the smartest player on the floor tonight?

Saying he doesn't have explosion isn't the same thing as saying he sucks. You dudes need to grow up.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:39 am    Post subject:

Lebron is not the same athlete he was at 25. Or 30. He does play more grounded. However he is just as effective in situations where he is a ballhandler on the move with the ball. It is virtually impossible to stop him when the floor is spaced out well, and he has a big man like AD (and McGee or Howard hovering off the ball) to finish plays.

What I want from Lebron is to keep going into the post in isolations, and work on having that post game being ready by playoffs to be very well practiced. I know it is not the analytics favorite, but when the game slows down in the playoffs, this is when we will need Lebron to find different ways to score.

Kobe and MJ were incredible in the post or when they had their back to the basket from mid-range, in the last championship runs for their teams. Lebron needs to do the same. He needs to get 15 from his elite guard skills and having that size advantage as a guard. About 10 points from post ups, or drawing fouls when in that post up situation. It will make our offense suffer in the RS, but come playoffs, we will reap the benefits for going to LBJ in this way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lebron is not the same athlete he was at 25. Or 30. He does play more grounded. However he is just as effective in situations where he is a ballhandler on the move with the ball. It is virtually impossible to stop him when the floor is spaced out well, and he has a big man like AD (and McGee or Howard hovering off the ball) to finish plays.

What I want from Lebron is to keep going into the post in isolations, and work on having that post game being ready by playoffs to be very well practiced. I know it is not the analytics favorite, but when the game slows down in the playoffs, this is when we will need Lebron to find different ways to score.

Kobe and MJ were incredible in the post or when they had their back to the basket from mid-range, in the last championship runs for their teams. Lebron needs to do the same. He needs to get 15 from his elite guard skills and having that size advantage as a guard. About 10 points from post ups, or drawing fouls when in that post up situation. It will make our offense suffer in the RS, but come playoffs, we will reap the benefits for going to LBJ in this way.

I think he's polished enough to not really need a lot of work in that area. (granted he's no kobe or MJ on the box). When the playoffs are underway and the game slows down he's one of those players that's effective anywhere on the court. I like him reading off of pick action. 90% of the time he's going to make the right play.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:12 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Magic was also a monster in the post in his later years. Ask MJ.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Don’t want to cause a stir but LeBron is better then Kobe and I love Kobe but it’s the truth.

If you don't wanna cause a stir, than don't make outlandish comments like this. I mean what was the purpose of this comment? It has no relevance at all. It was just a random comment that you wanted to say.

LeBron is a really good basketball player and that was the point of my post.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Lebron is probably the best floor general left in the league, the guy can control the tempo of the game like no other. He knows when to slow it down and turn it up if he needs to.
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Nope. It wasn’t entirely. Your main point was that he is better than Kobe. Otherwise you would have left Kobe’s name out of it. Come on
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

Lebron is a polarizing talent. People love him or hate him. I think for the most part people are jealous of his crazy skill level. He is like 2 or 3 players in one. He looks happy, in shape and, if healthy, going to kill the NBA this year. It's his way of sticking his big middle finger to all the critics.

I like NBA talent, I like NBA greats....he is on that Mount Rushmore regardless of all the haters out there. Hard to name 5 players in history better than him....really hard to do.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Lebron is a polarizing talent. People love him or hate him. I think for the most part people are jealous of his crazy skill level. He is like 2 or 3 players in one. He looks happy, in shape and, if healthy, going to kill the NBA this year. It's his way of sticking his big middle finger to all the critics.

I like NBA talent, I like NBA greats....he is on that Mount Rushmore regardless of all the haters out there. Hard to name 5 players in history better than him....really hard to do.

Do people really hate him based on talent?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Nope. It wasn’t entirely. Your main point was that he is better than Kobe. Otherwise you would have left Kobe’s name out of it. Come on

just excited to have LeBron on our team
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

Blew out by 30+ points with AD scoring only 8 points. Talk about freaking loaded team. FRESH Lebron is here to reclaim what is rightfully his!! How about those sexy jumpshots by our perimeter shooters? Like I've said, barring any injury to Lebron or AD, the bling bling is ours.
cal1piggy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

i used to hate him
but now he is on the lakers
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I"m glad you're a Laker, Lebron!

Playing at 70% speed, Lebron is better than 99% of the players who have ever played the game.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LaLaLakeShow wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

just excited to have LeBron on our team

Sorry IG. You’d be better off saying Lebron is greater than Trump or Baby Jesus. Kobe is a god that should never be questioned. 🤣
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

If he continues to play 18 mpg in 3 out of every 5 games he will likely remain fresh all season. It’s all about load management.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Only dude left from 2003 class and he looks fresh.

Kyle Korver says hello.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1184, 1185, 1186 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1185 of 2079
Jump to: