The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1349, 1350, 1351 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject:

I think it's not a coincidence that all of LBJ's championship teams had an elite perimeter playmaker. Wade. Irving.

Not having one is the fatal flaw of this team and why Kawhi's scheme really hurt us (I wanted Jimmy or DLO as a Plan B). LBJ cannot beat heavy wing teams like the Celts/Clips by himself.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think it's not a coincidence that all of LBJ's championship teams had an elite perimeter playmaker. Wade. Irving.

Not having one is the fatal flaw of this team and why Kawhi's scheme really hurt us (I wanted Jimmy or DLO as a Plan B). LBJ cannot beat heavy wing teams like the Celts/Clips by himself.

I think we beat Boston next time around. Brow was VERY rusty. Clips and Milwaukee though. They have me worried.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject:

I think Lebron should sit both NY games. His legs don't look healthy right now.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

It's one thing to win games without AD, b/c LBJ can orchestrate the team.

It's one thing to be without LBJ.

I agree he could use some rest but man, are we out of perimeter playmaker options when he is out.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I agree he could use some rest but man, are we out of perimeter playmaker options when he is out.

that's another benefit of trading Kuz for Rose... you probably get to rest Bron another game or two... and maybe a couple more minutes in game..
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Yeah, his defense is nowhere near what it was at the beginning of the year. Kind of expected though. I didn't think he could play an entire season like that at 35. All-star break coming up. Our offense is league-worst without Lebron in the lineup though. He's really our only playmaker. Even at 75% he makes a huge difference.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Exactly. AD has Dwight/McGee/Kuz who step up when he's out. Who does Lebron have?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:42 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

that's another benefit of trading Kuz for Rose... you probably get to rest Bron another game or two... and maybe a couple more minutes in game..

I think Rondo may play better when he starts the game with the ball in his hand. We can't have Avery Bradley handling the rock anymore.

I'm okay with trading Kuz for a shot creator, who can handle the ball, but D. Rose scares me and Kuz really did step up when AD went down and he's so much younger.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:44 am    Post subject:

I just think the NY games can be competitive without Lebron, if AD goes off. We're going to need LBJ for 76es, Clippers and Portland.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:45 am    Post subject:

That's the problem with guys like Rondo/Kuz.

Their ROLE on this team is off the bench.

But if they can only play better if in a starting role with unlimited shots/handling the rock, then we have players that aren't fitting their roles appropriately.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

But if they can only play better if in a starting role with unlimited shots/handling the rock, then we have players that aren't fitting their roles appropriately.

That's not true regarding kuzma. We have no offensive system and there are almost 0 plays called for kuzma.

Atleast Luke had plays with 1st action. This dude Vogel is totally dependent on LeBron ball
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject:

[quote="Jesusdelonla"]
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's not true regarding kuzma. We have no offensive system and there are almost 0 plays called for kuzma.

Atleast Luke had plays with 1st action. This dude Vogel is totally dependent on LeBron ball[/quote]

This is true.. lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:07 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Atleast Luke had plays with 1st action. This dude Vogel is totally dependent on LeBron ball

Sure. And I've been harping on how bad Rondo has been for Kuz, but it seems to me he is more comfortable in a starting (not bench) role.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject:

Metro2Staples wrote:
Lakers are in 1st Place in the West. I kind of doubt that you have the recipe for beating the Lakers, but no NBA team has figured it out. Lol.

mad55557777 wrote:
Sometimes lebron holding the ball way too long in the perimeter. Then he either take a forced 3 or turn it over.
Teams will just double AD and let lebron shoot. His post ups are not efficient as his footwork is not elite.

That’s not true
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

We really need another playmaker/ball handler on this team. 35 yr old Lebron will have no legs left come playoff time...I’m starting to see his play slipping...especially on defense.

We should really go the Tim Duncan preservation route with his age and mileage. No more than 30 min a game in the regular season and no back-to-backs. But Bron would never go for it.

I don’t believe we’re far off from a title-favorite roster...if we can get a 2019 Darren Collison, I’d feel so much better about our chances. So close smh...if we had even a slightly past prime 32/33 yr old Lebron right now I’d bet the house on us winning with the roster as is.

I know I’ve said this before many times but it’s still alarming how much he’s declined from even 2 years ago...never mind the Prime Miami Heat version. He better start working on his shot because taking guys off the dribble will only get harder as he ages...and he’s old as hell already.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

Damn you Kawhi.

He purposefully dragged it out with no intention of joining us so the top FAs would all be gone. Ugh. Imagine getting a Butler or even DLO to help with the perimeter playmaking/scoring?
Metro2Staples
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:38 am    Post subject:

ALL Star voting ended last night......waiting for the final tally. LAbron was leading everyone after the last count.

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/01/16/all-star-voting-2020-third-returns-official-release

Thursday evening 7pm EST, TNT will make some formal announcements. We have to wait until then!

I think LAbron takes the #1 position in votes.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject:

[quote="KeepItRealOrElse"]
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Atleast Luke had plays with 1st action. This dude Vogel is totally dependent on LeBron ball[/quote]

This is true.. lol

Agreed 100%. This is why we go as Lebron goes, and Lebron tends to play poorly against the Finals calibur NBA teams. It scares me that this Lakers team is so dependent on a single player, who happens to be 35 years old and a bit soft with certain teams. This Lakers team should have been Anthony Davis's team, not Lebron's. I'm not against Lebron; we are where we are because of him. But on that same note, we lose against the Clips, Bucks, Raps and Celts...because of him.

Vogel's offense is completely Lebron-driven. We go as Lebron goes. That doesn't make me feel comfortable at all.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
This Lakers team should have been Anthony Davis's team

Describe how that works? He's not an initiator or creator? You mean like the first game where he's posting up 20+ times?

AD needs a guy like LBJ.

The real problem is LBJ needs an elite perimeter scorer/playmaker. We spent nearly a full max slot on a bunch of non-elite players.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Damn you Kawhi.

He purposefully dragged it out with no intention of joining us so the top FAs would all be gone. Ugh. Imagine getting a Butler or even DLO to help with the perimeter playmaking/scoring?

Gawd I hated our contingency so much! Took 2 years and unnecessary loss of assets to scour up a max slot, and then it went sour as we scrambled it away. Now we “need” an athletic wing and playmaking after we used 34m towards Green and going balls to the wall signing 7 other guards.

Since folks like to keep pointing at our regular season record, let’s check out this little data point:

Quote:
Highest point differential per 100 possessions this season:

12.0 — Bucks
8.9* — Bucks with Giannis OFF the floor
7.6 — Lakers
7.4 — Mavericks
6.7 — Celtics

*Would be the 21st highest by any team in any season in NBA history

https://mobile.twitter.com/statmuse/status/1219672374435442688

So their superstar goes to be bench and they’re fine, while we stagger our superstars and turn to (bleep) when Bron goes out. Great roster construction and coaching, FO!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject:

The LBJ championship formula is clear.

1. LBJ
2. elite perimeter scorer/playmaker (Wade/Irving)
3. all star big (Bosh/Love).

We have #1 and 3, but missing #2 is really hurting us. It's like we constructed a team with #1/3, and all the role players like older versions of Battier/Haslem/Ray Allen. The latter are nice players but they function in roles b/c of having #1-3. Asking them to fill #2 is not going to end well.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

1. LBJ

We have #1 and 3, but missing #2 is really hurting us. It's like we constructed a team with #1/3, and all the role players like older versions of Battier/Haslem/Ray Allen. The latter are nice players but they function in roles b/c of having #1-3. Asking them to fill #2 is not going to end well.

lol, a lot of players can win with an elite perimeter scorer like WAde or Irving and an all star big like Bosh /Love. there is nothing we can do, Cavs drafted Kyrie, the Heat drafted Wade, so it was much easier for them to build a team than us. even if we signed butler, our roster would still be very thin as we probably won't have DG, AB, KCP or even Mcgee.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. LBJ

lol, a lot of players can win with an elite perimeter scorer like WAde or Irving and an all star big like Bosh /Love. there is nothing we can do, Cavs drafted Kyrie, the Heat drafted Wade, so it was much easier for them to build a team than us. even if we signed butler, our roster would still be very thin as we probably won't have DG, AB, KCP or even Mcgee.

Sure. But that's the championship formula he used. I think AD is a supercharged #3, but a 35 year old LBJ would of course need someone to help on the perimeter. That the Lakers FO failed to do so is rearing its ugly head and will likely do so in the playoffs.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Either way, it's bad if:

1. LBJ persuaded the Lakers FO that he can do ALL/most of the playmaking and therefore we didn't need a better perimeter option.

2. Lakers FO thought we didn't need to surround LBJ with help and just decided to add 1 note, 1 function players like AB, etc.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. LBJ

Sure. But that's the championship formula he used. I think AD is a supercharged #3, but a 35 year old LBJ would of course need someone to help on the perimeter. That the Lakers FO failed to do so is rearing its ugly head and will likely do so in the playoffs.

i think Lebron will turn it up a notch in the playoffs in terms of attacking. hopefully that will be enough.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1349, 1350, 1351 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1350 of 2079
Jump to: