OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 763, 764, 765 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:32 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Millsap has had his number since he's been in the league. Hate that matchup for him. They're zoning us. So next game hopefully he can find some gaps cutting through the land or shooting from the perimeter.

Yep. Too big in the wallet for Kuz to check inside.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Is he Kuz and MPJ rivalry real or is Chris Webber making it real?
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Webber is a career loser and the worst commentator ever. Don't take anything he says seriously.

After Joker got called for a defensive 3 seconds, webber said he just needs to be more patient...huh?
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:42 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Saw Bad Kuz out there again tonight. Dumbass needs to learn how to play within the offense and stop acting like he's a star. He gets sucked into 1on1 battles with scrubs like MPJ from the other team. Just awful play after awful play from this guy, and he was lucky to not get benched. His play alone almost cost us this game.

I don't think the the one on one plays were the problem. There was only one of those. The rest of the shots he missed were actually wide open threes. He did a good job cutting to the basket again which is how he ended up with a few points.

It was the turnovers that were the problem and a couple missed rotations on defense. He had butterfingers today from passes by Rondo.

Yep bad Kuz was back. Missed every crucial (and OPEN) 3 pointer, running over people, butter fingers, turnovers. The whole gory repertoire was on display.

Kuz is no "third guy." Think I just have to resign to the fact that he will never become a polished bb player. Then it's less painful to watch him.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject:

dumpaling wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Webber is a career loser and the worst commentator ever. Don't take anything he says seriously.

I think he was spot on with his criticism of this one.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Not worried about Denver buuuuuuttt.... I don't like our chances against Boston if this kid doesn't play well.

I think we'd possibly be okay, if he's just average.. but he can't be terrible out there and we win against Boston.

Then hope for a Miami win??

I am lol.. but I think Boston is going to win that series if Hayward is in the rotation.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject:

dumpaling wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

After Joker got called for a defensive 3 seconds, webber said he just needs to be more patient...huh?

They're twins and Puma brothers.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I don’t think they are rivals. They are light skin dudes of similar builds who shoot threes. Supposedly Gelo Ball’s ex, Izzy was dating MPJ right after the breakup, but I doubt Kuz cares about that.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:48 pm    Post subject:

lol he's played good nearly every single game since the bubble started, no reason to completely roast him like he's suddenly useless.

I will say though he had a brutal game and on both ends at times. Hopefully this was a one game thing and he will go back to doing all the right small things again, I could care less about him being a high scorer but we need him to at least play solid defense and make those smart plays on the offensive with a few cuts to the basket here and there.

Bad shooting, bad defense and overall bad decisions (4 to's) cant all be happening from him in the same game.

The turnovers were horrible from nearly the entire team though, it's almost like they reverted back to game 1 against the Rockets in terms of awful passing angles and cross court passing. Pretty crazy we still won this game with amount of mistakes and bad shooting we displayed.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject:

cannga11 wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Saw Bad Kuz out there again tonight. Dumbass needs to learn how to play within the offense and stop acting like he's a star. He gets sucked into 1on1 battles with scrubs like MPJ from the other team. Just awful play after awful play from this guy, and he was lucky to not get benched. His play alone almost cost us this game.

I don't think the the one on one plays were the problem. There was only one of those. The rest of the shots he missed were actually wide open threes. He did a good job cutting to the basket again which is how he ended up with a few points.

It was the turnovers that were the problem and a couple missed rotations on defense. He had butterfingers today from passes by Rondo.

Yep bad Kuz was back. Missed every crucial (and OPEN) 3 pointer, running over people, butter fingers, turnovers. The whole gory repertoire was on display.

Kuz is no "third guy." Think I just have to resign to the fact that he will never become a polished bb player. Then it's less painful to watch him.

Yeah, we got bad Kuz tonight for sure. He was terrible. Need him to step it back up.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:51 pm    Post subject:

💩
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Everyone put too much pressure on Kuzma this season, trying to anoint him as our third option. He's obviously just not very good. Kuzma peaked his rookie season. It's Year 3 now and his handle still sucks, his shooting has gotten even worse, and he's an unreliable defender. He's basically not really good at anything (except cutting?). For the rest of the playoffs, we just need him to make some open shots and give effort, can't expect him to do much more.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject:

No progress really with him. At his age he should be making at least small steps forward. Don't see it at all.
But I am definitely for giving him next season and than after too see what to do with him.
Will be difficult to decide to give him big contract or not.
He will not be cheap.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:28 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
Everyone put too much pressure on Kuzma this season, trying to anoint him as our third option. He's obviously just not very good. Kuzma peaked his rookie season. It's Year 3 now and his handle still sucks, his shooting has gotten even worse, and he's an unreliable defender. He's basically not really good at anything (except cutting?). For the rest of the playoffs, we just need him to make some open shots and give effort, can't expect him to do much more.

Interesting take.
Besides tonight for the most part he's been playing good defense, hitting open shots and giving effort in the playoffs.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
No progress really with him. At his age he should be making at least small steps forward. Don't see it at all.
But I am definitely for giving him next season and than after too see what to do with him.
He will not be cheap.

You don't see any improvement over the other 20 or so games outside of this 1 game since joining the bubble?
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Kuz needs to have a long talk with Rick Fox/Robert Horry. Kuz's body type really reminds me of the Rockets/Suns/first season with Lakers version of small forward Horry. This kid can become a better version of those 2. Offensively he is at about Fox's level right now (the version from late-Boston which is Fox at his best) and above Horry. Defensively he is still noticeably behind both but vastly improving.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:47 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
He will not be cheap.

You don't see any improvement over the other 20 or so games outside of this 1 game since joining the bubble?

Not particularly. His defensive effort has picked up in the bubble but he still got cooked often in the Portland and Houston series, as they hunted him on the switches. His shooting seems as inconsistent as ever. I think he's been the same Kyle Kuzma we've had all year and his whole career IMO, just inconsistent.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:48 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
He will not be cheap.

This one doesn't matter.
This entire season , except some improvement defensively which is obvious I don't see anything else.
He didn't improve his shooting at all ,its even worse.
Ball handling no improvement.
Vision and playmaking no improvement.
Overall really small improvement considering his age and playing time he is receiving.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Re: open shots.

Kuz is 42.8% on open and wide open 3s.
And a whopping 52.9% on wide open alone (1.6 attempts).
He's been horrible on tight and very tight 3s.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Which further confirms my point, he needs to become a 3 and D guy like Fox and Green but able to mix in some cuts like the young Horry and Ceballos to become the best version of himself
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Which further confirms my point, he needs to become a 3 and D guy like Fox and Green but able to mix in some cuts like the young Horry and Ceballos to become the best version of himself

Am I missing something?
He's doing in the playoffs what you guys want lol
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
💩

I'm fine with him having a bad game. Why Vogel stuck with him in the third over Morris and Howard when Kuz was sucking is beyond me.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
💩

I'm fine with him having a bad game. Why Vogel stuck with him in the third over Morris and Howard when Kuz was sucking is beyond me.

Hard to say about dwight.
But morris was a -8 himself. He didn't get a FGA
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:16 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
💩

Hard to say about dwight.
But morris was a -8 himself. He didn't get a FGA

Did Morris get a single minute at PF instead of at C? How many of his minutes were with Kuzma?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject:

where24happens wrote:
hype wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
He will not be cheap.

Not particularly. His defensive effort has picked up in the bubble but he still got cooked often in the Portland and Houston series, as they hunted him on the switches. His shooting seems as inconsistent as ever. I think he's been the same Kyle Kuzma we've had all year and his whole career IMO, just inconsistent.

Personally, I thought he had been extremely consistent since joining the bubble on defense along with his decision making. I'll give you game 1 against Houston for sure but the whole team was rough as well again that night but regardless he was not good at all and they were hunting him. The rest of that series it's not true though from what I remember.

The Portland series as well, i'm not sure where it's at now but most of the time in the bubble through the first two rounds he was top 3 ranked defensive player out of all the teams. He also helped disrupt Houson's defense quite a bit in the last couple of games with his cutting. His shooting hasn't been that bad for the most part overall and I thought he had done a great job of not taking many bad shots all this time either (he had some bad ones tonight though for sure when he took the matchup with Porter too seriously for a stretch).

My biggest complaint tonight about him though is that Vogel played him way too many minutes imo. He has done a great job of pulling certain rotation players while giving the ones playing well on any given night extra minutes.

I was one of Kuz's biggest critics before the bubble but seeing his improvements in the majority of games since the bubble started has been one of my favorite things to see thus far. He deserves criticism tonight but I think some are going a bit overboard. He's bounced back from the bad games every time so far so hopefully he keeps that trend going into game 3.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 763, 764, 765 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 764 of 880
Jump to: