OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 566, 567, 568 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
By the time Kuzma comes back, the rotation could be

McGee-Howard-Davis
Davis-Dudley-James
James-KCP
Green-Bradley
Cook-Rondo-Caruso

May be hard for him to crack back in

We are in big trouble if Cook is starting. He is fine as a bench player.

Agree. I like a Green / Bradley back court personally.

I think most would be surprised if it was something different.

Bradley/Green offer the best potential defense vs. opposing starting quality back courts. Offense is running through Bron/AD anyway.

Unfortunately, I think rondo is going to start. And, I think Howard beats out McGee in training camp.

Howard / McGee
Davis / Dudley
Lebron / KCP / Caruso
Green / Cook / Caruso
Rondo / Bradley / Caruso
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
This injury will test the depth of our team.

Yeah. Really affects both forward backup spots and especially if LBJ or AD is load managing.

Also, in the West, it takes more wins to make the playoffs so it does put a lot of pressure on teams in the playoff race to win as many games as possible. I just hope that other guys, namely, Howard could step up so that Lebron and AD don't have to overexert themselves in order to keep the games competitive. We'll see how all the new additions play out.
NBAFAN24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

He’s better off coming off the bench. The team will need his scoring off the bench. I hope he learns how to be a better team player this year and make the right play within the flow of the offense instead of being a chucker that shoots the ball all the time.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Marc Stein AT TheSteinLine

All signs point to Nike declining to match Puma's lucrative multi-year offer to the Lakers' Kyle Kuzma reported here Sept. 10 ... lining up Puma to soon unveil Kuzma as its latest star endorser. @PUMAHoops
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Kava wrote:
King Randle wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
By the time Kuzma comes back, the rotation could be

McGee-Howard-Davis
Davis-Dudley-James
James-KCP
Green-Bradley
Cook-Rondo-Caruso

May be hard for him to crack back in

We are in big trouble if Cook is starting. He is fine as a bench player.

Agree. I like a Green / Bradley back court personally.

I think most would be surprised if it was something different.

Bradley/Green offer the best potential defense vs. opposing starting quality back courts. Offense is running through Bron/AD anyway.

Unfortunately, I think rondo is going to start. And, I think Howard beats out McGee in training camp.

Howard / McGee
Davis / Dudley
Lebron / KCP / Caruso
Green / Cook / Caruso
Rondo / Bradley / Caruso

Rondo and Lebron on the floor together is about as low as you can go. If that happens we know that the coaching staff has no use for analytics.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject:

A good view of Kuzma's new shooting stroke. Appears to be a significant change with a higher set point. Will be interesting to see how it translates to a 3pt stroke and if he can be consistent with the mechanics.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

Dang, I've gotta say, that new Kuzma/Puma logo is pretty slick!!!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
A good view of Kuzma's new shooting stroke. Appears to be a significant change with a higher set point. Will be interesting to see how it translates to a 3pt stroke and if he can be consistent with the mechanics.

Yeah. If you watched his jumper during TeamUSA, it looks like LethalShooter has gotten rid of his Curry-itis. That's the disease Steph brought into the league that makes ordinary players think they don't need to set their feet properly before they launch. We'll see if he has a relapse once he gets a few to go down.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma, Puma sign reported 5-year deal

Quote:
The development comes on the heels of reports that Nike declined to match Puma's contract offer to the forward. Kuzma has also been spotted wearing Pumas at Lakers camp this week.

https://www.thescore.com/nba/news/1846479/kuzma-puma-sign-reported-5-year-deal

https://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-kyle-kuzma-signs-five-year-endorsement-deal-with-puma/2019/10/02/
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Looks li,e ZKuzma has a bright future outside of basketball too
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:23 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

Yeah. If you watched his jumper during TeamUSA, it looks like LethalShooter has gotten rid of his Curry-itis. That's the disease Steph brought into the league that makes ordinary players think they don't need to set their feet properly before they launch. We'll see if he has a relapse once he gets a few to go down.

I have seen his team USA clips and I do like the higher release point and his motion looked pretty fluid. However his free throw shooting form looks a little rigid/stiff although he mechanically appears to use more of his wrist with the stroke which I believe is better.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

His Free Throw stroke is even a higher shot pocket than his J. it's uncommonly high, compared to all other good shooters, from my knowledge.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:13 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
His Free Throw stroke is even a higher shot pocket than his J. it's uncommonly high, compared to all other good shooters, from my knowledge.

Agree and having 2 different strokes seems unconventional and questionable.

Did it appear to you that on his free throws he seems to make a conscious effort to keep the ball is front of this head?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Agree and having 2 different strokes seems unconventional and questionable.

Did it appear to you that on his free throws he seems to make a conscious effort to keep the ball is front of this head?

hmm Idk about that. I've said his deep J in USA, is pretty similar to his J from last year...as he said, I think it's a slight tweak, it is higher, but not much higher. here on the FT it is much higher, kind of above his head.
One positive about it being high on the FT - it gives the ball a nice trajectory.. it's not a flat trajectory; the ball is easily on a path over the rim
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject:

To celebrate the signing, Kuzma met with local Lakers fans at a Puma-branded taco cart along Fairfax Avenue, a district home to Los Angeles' longtime streetwear scene and many of the leading sports culture brand boutiques.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject:

Puma is paying the Kuz more than the Lakers are - nice job getting that endorsement bag by the young dude.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

a key to our success is Kuzma really making that leap into that 6th man type role. He's at his best playing off Lebron but he's also going to have to be the go to player on offense in lineups when Lebron and AD are not in the game.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:41 am    Post subject:

Happy for Kuz. Coming up the way he did, he's accomplished a lot and is a go-getter.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Happy for Kuz. Coming up the way he did, he's accomplished a lot and is a go-getter.

Its time to deliver. Last 2 years Zo and BI were the scapegoats; this year its gonna be kuz
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Its time to deliver. Last 2 years Zo and BI were the scapegoats; this year its gonna be kuz

Sure. But the difference is we have 2 superstars in LBJ/AD. Kuz will somewhat be protected under that aegis.

Now, come extension time, that's when it may get dicey for him. Of all the YUTES we've had, and it's like closer to 15-16 players, only JC of all players got an extension (and was then traded).
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:

It's looking good and better from watching him shoot with Team USA. I know with a hurt foot. Only thing he can really work on right now is his shooting mechanics. But it does look like the ball comes off his hand a lot softer now.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Sure. But the difference is we have 2 superstars in LBJ/AD. Kuz will somewhat be protected under that aegis.

Now, come extension time, that's when it may get dicey for him. Of all the YUTES we've had, and it's like closer to 15-16 players, only JC of all players got an extension (and was then traded).

That’s bc JC was a 2nd round pick and had a 2 year rookie contract
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That’s bc JC was a 2nd round pick and had a 2 year rookie contract

Um. We've had plenty of 2nd round picks. They traded Zub b/c they didn't to commit to paying him early b/c he was a 2nd round pick. Same with Thomas Bryant.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

The thing that separates kuzma with all the guys we shipped out is confidence. By the way he carries himself, speaks, dresses, and seeks out the all time greats for knowledge, Kuzma thinks he is/going to be an all star. You can't say that about Lonzo or Ingram even though they are both probably more skilled than Kuzma. Kuzma has no shame in his game. IMO that's the key component in being a killer at bball. I think he is going to be great this year. Like, 6th man of the year, possible all star selection great.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
The thing that separates kuzma with all the guys we shipped out is confidence. By the way he carries himself, speaks, dresses, and seeks out the all time greats for knowledge, Kuzma thinks he is/going to be an all star. You can't say that about Lonzo or Ingram even though they are both probably more skilled than Kuzma. Kuzma has no shame in his game. IMO that's the key component in being a killer at bball. I think he is going to be great this year. Like, 6th man of the year, possible all star selection great.

Ingram has on several occasions talked about not settling for being a role player or just average and wanting to be elite amongst the elite. Zo has also really started to show a level of confidence and maturity since parting ways with his dad
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 566, 567, 568 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 567 of 880
Jump to: