JOSH "Fortnite" HART (Backup PF)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 160, 161, 162, 163  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Whatever happens next season, atleast this guy wont have to be our backup power forward lol

Oh gawd Luke was super dumb at some stuff.

I think it was a team effort at being super dumb. Luke, Magic, Pelinka all did a stellar job at ignoring the center position and putting poorly balanced lineups on the floor.

That said, Luke put Hart in a bad spot. A few minutes of Hart at PF in a speedy lineup? Fine.

28 minutes of Josh Hart banging against guys who have 25 pounds and 5 inch height advantages? Game after game after game? Stupid. Lo and behold, Josh's knees act up, Josh plays through injury, his game falls off, and some fans declare that he sucks and always sucked.

Group effort at being super dumb IMO.

While Luke wasn’t the greatest coach the shooting was Magic and Magic alone fault.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Whatever happens next season, atleast this guy wont have to be our backup power forward lol

I think it was a team effort at being super dumb. Luke, Magic, Pelinka all did a stellar job at ignoring the center position and putting poorly balanced lineups on the floor.

That said, Luke put Hart in a bad spot. A few minutes of Hart at PF in a speedy lineup? Fine.

28 minutes of Josh Hart banging against guys who have 25 pounds and 5 inch height advantages? Game after game after game? Stupid. Lo and behold, Josh's knees act up, Josh plays through injury, his game falls off, and some fans declare that he sucks and always sucked.

While Luke wasn’t the greatest coach the shooting was Magic and Magic alone fault.

huh?? I doubt Magic was like, "Luke, you gotta play my main man Hart no matter what!"
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

I concur.
Probably started with the moronic view that LeBron or Kuz would be able to play extended minutes at center.

Not true,.. Luke and his staff begged the FO to not let BroLo and Don Julio go. Magic has admittedly that he was the culprit behind that.
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject:

It should've been hart instead of zubac..
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7NokLhUwAEl7XJ.png
Don't think Hart should be talking about upcoming contracts heading into his 3rd year. Seems like the trade speculation and free agency getting to the young core.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject:

What happened to Summer league Josh Hart? We need that guy back.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:05 pm    Post subject:

I'm confident that when his knees heal, he'll be just as good and better than the way he finished his 1st season. Hopefully the Lakers will still have him.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D7NokLhUwAEl7XJ.png
Don't think Hart should be talking about upcoming contracts heading into his 3rd year. Seems like the trade speculation and free agency getting to the young core.

How so? He's just one of the young core. And some don't even consider him a part of the core. They also aren't as reckless as he is in their interviews.

This is a Josh Hart issue, not a young core issue.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

On the lighter side of things, Josh Hart finally forks out to a guy in r/lakers (Reddit) who sold him a Switch

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/brv1xx/i_sold_josh_hart_a_nintendo_switch_in_2017_and_he/
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Car54 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

huh?? I doubt Magic was like, "Luke, you gotta play my main man Hart no matter what!"

No it was magic that said “the hell with Shooters we’re gonna muck it up”
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:

According to Josh Hart on the podcast, the coaching staff asked him to develop his play making skills during the summer, but after the season started they changed it up and told him to be a spot up shooter, which didn’t go well. Sounded like he was throwing ex coaches under the bus
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:

According to Josh Hart on the podcast, the coaching staff asked him to develop his play making skills during the summer, but after the season started they changed it up and told him to be a spot up shooter, which didn’t go well. Sounded like he was throwing ex coaches under the bus

they deserved a little shade
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

That's like saying it's not the fault of the guys who are shooting, but the guy sitting up in the booth.

In the 17-18 season our 3 best shooters by 3P% were Hart (39.6%), KCP (38%) and Kuzma (37%). Combined, they shot 38% on 14 attempts per game.

That is a large enough sample size to predict a continuation in the season to follow, if not an improvement, considering 2 were rookies.

Instead what we got in 18-19 was these same 3 players shot a combined 32.9% on 15 attempts per game.

Our 3 best shooters didn't just slump, they went into a season long free fall. Explain to me how that is "Magic alone fault"?

It seems to me the bigger issue was these guys never learned how to space the floor playing Lebron ball.

And I remember when they were running drills in training camp and preseason, and GT broke down film of the offense and gave an ominous observation about how the schemes didn't seem to create open 3's, or even favor 3 pointers at all. That was an indictment on Luke, who Tim Harris and Jeannie didn't want to fire. So I ask again, how is that "Magic alone fault"?

Seems more to me that people are hurt by Magic's words and want to make a scapegoat out of him. Pinning all the blame on one guy is just a lazy way of ignoring the bigger issues with the team and front office.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

giordan0 wrote:
On the lighter side of things, Josh Hart finally forks out to a guy in r/lakers (Reddit) who sold him a Switch

https://www.reddit.com/r/lakers/comments/brv1xx/i_sold_josh_hart_a_nintendo_switch_in_2017_and_he/

I think he finally got back in touch and promised to fork up the tickets. No evidence that he has actually done so!

Hilarious story (wedding, etc.)
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
ForumBlueFrank wrote:

Yeah, Josh did not sound happy he was told to work on ball handling and screen work over the summer, and then a couple of weeks into the season, after playing pretty well, being told to stand in the corner and spot up.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Josh with some interesting takes on his interview.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject:

thi bum was fouling 3 pt shooters 2-3x a game
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 5:10 am    Post subject:

Hart needs to shut the hell up about coaching in general. He's still pretty much
still a rookie & needs to do what his coach says, period.

You don't need to be an x-player to be a good coach; stop with the soap!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Hart needs to shut the hell up about coaching in general. He's still pretty much

I think the quote by itself sounds worse than it was. The interview had a tone to it. Plus it was with that moron Gilbert, so there's that.

Listening to them talk about analytics is bothersome. Seems like they don't know what analytics is. Makes sense when even LeBron doesn't
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

Heyvoon24 wrote:

For Muscala? nobody
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Car54 wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:

That's like saying it's not the fault of the guys who are shooting, but the guy sitting up in the booth.

In the 17-18 season our 3 best shooters by 3P% were Hart (39.6%), KCP (38%) and Kuzma (37%). Combined, they shot 38% on 14 attempts per game.

That is a large enough sample size to predict a continuation in the season to follow, if not an improvement, considering 2 were rookies.

Instead what we got in 18-19 was these same 3 players shot a combined 32.9% on 15 attempts per game.

Our 3 best shooters didn't just slump, they went into a season long free fall. Explain to me how that is "Magic alone fault"?

It seems to me the bigger issue was these guys never learned how to space the floor playing Lebron ball.

And I remember when they were running drills in training camp and preseason, and GT broke down film of the offense and gave an ominous observation about how the schemes didn't seem to create open 3's, or even favor 3 pointers at all. That was an indictment on Luke, who Tim Harris and Jeannie didn't want to fire. So I ask again, how is that "Magic alone fault"?

Seems more to me that people are hurt by Magic's words and want to make a scapegoat out of him. Pinning all the blame on one guy is just a lazy way of ignoring the bigger issues with the team and front office.

Because despite those 3 shooting that way in 2017, the Lakers were DEAD LAST in 3p% as a team.

That alone should be enough of a redflag for any competent FO executive to say "we need more shooting regardless." So yes it's magic fault he was so incompetent to not realize something very obvious and address it.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
deal wrote:

I think the quote by itself sounds worse than it was. The interview had a tone to it. Plus it was with that moron Gilbert, so there's that.

Listening to them talk about analytics is bothersome. Seems like they don't know what analytics is. Makes sense when even LeBron doesn't

Bron doesn’t understand Analytics?
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
I'm confident that when his knees heal, he'll be just as good and better than the way he finished his 1st season. Hopefully the Lakers will still have him.

Exactly.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
epak wrote:
deal wrote:

Bron doesn’t understand Analytics?

He understands it all too well

Quote:
LeBron James @KingJames May 12

That’s exactly why I don’t wanna hear all that analytics talk! In PLAYOFF games when it usually come down to 1/2 possession games down the stretch, just get me bucket! The best shot during that possession. And if it’s a Pull-up 2 then so be it cause it was the best SHOT!
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Heyvoon24 wrote:

For Muscala? nobody

Should have been a conditional 2nd rounder.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 160, 161, 162, 163  Next
Page 161 of 163
Jump to: