OFFICIAL Alex The Pope Caruso Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 130, 131, 132  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cannga11
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Quite a pleasure to see his basketball savvy (what Kuzma is lacking at this point ) increasing by the day.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Complete opposite attitude of Kuzma. He does all the little things that don’t show up in the box score. Our modern day D-Fish.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/ACFresh21/status/1203201064855433217
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Man he was playing Dame well.
The Lakers as a whole defended cj and Dame well
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Dude is better than Lonzo.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

You don't believe that
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

You don't believe that

Zo hasn't improved much and I trust Caruso's shot to be better with more reps. Zo is obviously a great passer but his poor handles have limited his upside tbh.
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

You don't believe that

I do, the game changes when he is out there. His defense is elite. He understands the game, I feel so confident when he is on the floor
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

I dont agree. But this is the Accountant's thread.
So I celebrate Alex. And I love what he's bringing to our team!
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Complete opposite attitude of Kuzma. He does all the little things that don’t show up in the box score. Our modern day D-Fish.

Fish is so overrated, not a good comparison. His claim to fame is simply being a PG who was willing to bring the ball up court and immediately give it to Kobe while being a decent shooter. His defense was horrible and his ability to finish a layup was among the worse I ever seen.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Fish is so overrated, not a good comparison. His claim to fame is simply being a PG who was willing to bring the ball up court and immediately give it to Kobe while being a decent shooter. His defense was horrible and his ability to finish a layup was among the worse I ever seen.

Fish's one layup destroyed the Celtics.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:31 am    Post subject:

He got screwed on a couple of calls in the fourth that bailed out Melo. Dude is just defending like a maniac.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:37 am    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Fish's one layup destroyed the Celtics.

I think if there are players that he can be compared it's Delly, Boobie Gibson and Norris Cole. They all have great chemistry with bron. All are good defenders and can shoot. All of them went to Finals with Bron. Just imagine it only take a Bron and Delly to be up 2-1 against a powerhouse team.

But I think Caruso is better than all of them defensively. Caruso just need to be a consistent 3pt shooter amd he will definitely a big help during playoffs. Like those 3 I've mention, he will also have his moments in the playoffs.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Fish was clutch. Kobe trusted him to make big shots. 2009 finals vs Orlando Magic for example. And not the type of PG who'd make dumb mistakes and turn the ball over when the game gets close. All crucial traits for a role player in a championship team.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:48 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Fish was clutch. Kobe trusted him to make big shots. 2009 finals vs Orlando Magic for example. And not the type of PG who'd make dumb mistakes and turn the ball over when the game gets close. All crucial traits for a role player in a championship team.

Fish was clutch indeed.
But if we had a better PG, the Lakers wouldnt have needed those late game heroics.
However I do give Fish love for his 2nd stint with the Lakers only because he brought some stability to the team especially when compared to Smush being our PG.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:23 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Agreed, what's up with all of these "new" fans extolling the virtues of D-Fish. We won IN SPITE of the presence of Fisher. He was such a terrible point guard and he didn't extend Kobe's career one bit because he was a terrible ball handler and was absolute (bleep) at setting up the offense.

All he could do was spot-up shoot and take charges. His defense was (bleep) atrocious too. I dare anyone to look up his defensive advanced stats.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:25 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

Fish was clutch indeed.
But if we had a better PG, the Lakers wouldnt have needed those late game heroics.
However I do give Fish love for his 2nd stint with the Lakers only because he brought some stability to the team especially when compared to Smush being our PG.

Exactly, Fish was clutch but for most of the year i.e. 97% of the year he was such a terrible guard.

Piss poor defense, going under screens on shooters all the time, going over screens on slashers.

On offense he often drained the shot clock because he was too scared to pass the ball into the post (way too conservative, that's why he averaged very low turnovers for his career). Always swung the ball weak-side because he was so scared.

Couldn't drive. Missed wide open layups.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:34 am    Post subject:

How do you all dare to talk of Fish in the GOAT thread ??!!

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:

I was fine with Fish, but he was always a token starter/backup SG in a PGs body who was treated with too much deference by Phil because he was a great teammate (and his 2001 playoffs run was godly). Watching them pass on Leandro Barbosa for Brian Cook in the draft was infuriating when they needed an upgrade at PG as much as at PF.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:01 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Man he was playing Dame well.
The Lakers as a whole defended cj and Dame well

Dame put up good number but I thought AC4 played him well too, he was glued to dame’s hip, tough D
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject:

AC's contribution to the best team in basketball shows the importance of diligent scouting and always trying to win at the margins.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

B-Rabbit
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

OKC could’ve had KD-Harden-Westbrook-Ibaka-Caruso
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
OKC could’ve had KD-Harden-Westbrook-Ibaka-Caruso

never....basketball reasons
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
epak wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

You don't believe that

Zo hasn't improved much and I trust Caruso's shot to be better with more reps. Zo is obviously a great passer but his poor handles have limited his upside tbh.
Surprisingly, you are not alone.

fivethirtyeight.com has their 2019-20 player rankings out--ESPN's RPM still hasn't come out. The link is Player Rankings. The scores are supposedly the net points of what the players bring in 100 plays (offense + defense). If you sort on "Total RAPTOR", AC comes in the #45 ranked player (+3.0). BI comes in at #97 (+1.2) and Ball is #194 (-2.7).

Other young and former Lakers RAPTOR scores are Russell (-1.4), Randle (-2.2), KCP (-1.8), Wagner (3.3), Zubac (1.8), Kuzma (-4.2), Hart (-0.5), Bryant (-4.3), Nance (-1.7), and Clarkson (-0.8). The bottom line is that of all the young players that have been on the Lakers' roster in the last few years, AC is near the top. This is completely unexpected.

The actual description of RAPTOR can be found here: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/introducing-raptor-our-new-metric-for-the-modern-nba/

--Anonymous
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 69 of 132
Jump to: