OFFICIAL Alex The Pope Caruso Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 130, 131, 132  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:29 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
If we make a trade, this dude better be untouchable.

not trading him either but what's his trade value comp? Duncan Robinson? Harkless? Will Barton?
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject:

I must be blind to Caruso's value. A peripheral nobody is what I see. He doesn't even hit threes real well. Clue me in to the source of the LG heavy breathing for him.
HBLaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:45 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
I must be blind to Caruso's value. A peripheral nobody is what I see. He doesn't even hit threes real well. Clue me in to the source of the LG heavy breathing for him.

Have you actually watched the games? His defense? Steals? His +/-? Being a 2nd/3rd ball handler?
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

HBLaker wrote:
70sdude wrote:

Have you actually watched the games? His defense? Steals? His +/-? Being a 2nd/3rd ball handler?

I noticed he named the one thing he doesn't do well. I think the rest of us notice what he does do well, and give him a little slack to work on the one thing he does n his 3pt shot.

Not trying to sound harsh but it's not a mystery the poster needed a "clue".
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:27 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
HBLaker wrote:
70sdude wrote:

I noticed he named the one thing he doesn't do well. I think the rest of us notice what he does do well, and give him a little slack to work on the one thing he does n his 3pt shot.

ESPN's RPM gave Caruso the #17 ranking for shooting guards. (link) He was just under Jaylen Brown and just above D'Angelo Russell (whose lack of defense really affected his overall score). ESPN's RPM is designed to notice the things that often do not get reported in box scores like playing strong team defense, playing unselfishly, playing within the offense, etc.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
HBLaker wrote:
70sdude wrote:

ESPN's RPM gave Caruso the #17 ranking for shooting guards. (link) He was just under Jaylen Brown and just above D'Angelo Russell (whose lack of defense really affected his overall score). ESPN's RPM is designed to notice the things that often do not get reported in box scores like playing strong team defense, playing unselfishly, playing within the offense, etc.

Anthony Davis being the 7th best PF in the league tells me all I need to know about those stats.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
HBLaker wrote:
70sdude wrote:

Anthony Davis being the 7th best PF in the league tells me all I need to know about those stats.

No metric like this will be perfect. EPSN RPM is remarkably good at putting the better players near the top and weaker players near the bottom. AD played his best during the playoffs and showed what a generational talent he truly is. It wasn't just Rondo who showed his best basketball during the playoffs.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:11 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:

defense
energizes the team when they are lethargic
decent passer
good finisher
good cutter
good doing all the dirty work (screens and such)
can play the 1 or 2
does a little bit of everything
dirt cheap

Try replacing him with someone better for what he makes
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:58 pm    Post subject:

If Indiana would want him with Kuzma, Green and 28th for Oladipo, should we do it?

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:22 pm    Post subject:

I say no but I’m not very interested in Oladipo.
markjay
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:27 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
If Indiana would want him with Kuzma, Green and 28th for Oladipo, should we do it?

Absolutely not. Oladipo had one great season in 2017-2018. At this point, it's unclear if he has the same value as two of those pieces, let alone all four.

The Lakers just won the championship--they are not clearing out their roster on a risky proposition.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I say no but I’m not very interested in Oladipo.

Same here, not interested for whatever reason.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

Absolutely not. Oladipo had one great season in 2017-2018. At this point, it's unclear if he has the same value as two of those pieces, let alone all four.

The Lakers just won the championship--they are not clearing out their roster on a risky proposition.

To me he is one of the best pickups we can get in a trade. 1st of all, hes an expiring contract, so #FA2021 plan remains. Then he is an improvement in the starting 5 to Green, and he fills the need of the 2ndary ballhandler behind James. Green had a pretty big contract and underperformed offensively, so hes one of the main people id like to see go, but there would have to be assets attached if we want valuable players back

This is a trade i would go for, just not sure whether its worth all of Kuz, AC and #28, and where the line would be. As for Oladipo, im confident he comes back at near All star level again, if he can stay healthy for the season

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:35 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
markjay wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

To me he is one of the best pickups we can get in a trade. 1st of all, hes an expiring contract, so #FA2021 plan remains. Then he is an improvement in the starting 5 to Green, and he fills the need of the 2ndary ballhandler behind James. Green had a pretty big contract and underperformed offensively, so hes one of the main people id like to see go, but there would have to be assets attached if we want valuable players back

This is a trade i would go for, just not sure whether its worth all of Kuz, AC and #28, and where the line would be. As for Oladipo, im confident he comes back at near All star level again, if he can stay healthy for the season

No to Oladipo.

I bet on Kuzma to play well during his final contract year. Milk that!
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject:

Not sure if this has been shared anywhere. But this video had me rolling. The revisionist editing was perfect.

LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Dumhead wrote:
Not sure if this has been shared anywhere. But this video had me rolling. The revisionist editing was perfect.

Haha great vid.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject:

The same with me. I would not offer anything for Oladipo. Maybe 28th and THT. But that's about it. Would risk with him only for low price. Nothing more.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:06 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Dumhead wrote:

Haha great vid.

LOL!!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 7:37 am    Post subject:

Will be interesting to see if Caruso can improve his 3pt% next season.

Even a little bit more consistent would be big for him and the Lakers.

He was at a very average 33% for the season on just under 3 attempts per game. Not as bad as some are worrying over but needs improvement.

He gets comfortable taking one or two more per game and increasing his percent a couple points, he becomes even more valuable. Already a tough defender and energy guy, he improves his 3pt shot even a little and he may easily become that “un-tradeable” role player.

Love the video! Kind of amazing how he has earned such attention as a support player. Every good team has them though. Just Caruso’s turn in NBA lore!
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Bought my 21 year old son a Caruso jersey (and hit him with some cash) for his BDay.

He loves the effort of the Bald Eagle.

That sentiment runs in our family, Caruso is a flat out baller.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
HBLaker wrote:
70sdude wrote:

Real plus minus isn't a particularly important stat. It's just another in a long line of simple box office composite stats that give fans something to talk about. Very noisy stat, like most composite box office stats.

Caruso is pesky defender and a decent rotation player on a good team. He's the kind of guy that fans love (and tend to over value when he's on your team).
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Caruso is one of the teammates you love to have on your team. He is one of those marginally talented players with that undefinable skill called “intangibles”.

Sadly he gets underestimated and dismissed as easily replaced until it is too late and he is traded or signed by another team to make them better.

Chemistry does not show up on stats sheets or in all the cool ratings systems. It shows up on the court and makes teams better. Caruso was a huge part of the championship chemistry. Hopefully we are celebrating his awkward dunks next season not wondering why the team just doesn’t seem “right” all season.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Will be interesting to see if Caruso can improve his 3pt% next season.

Even a little bit more consistent would be big for him and the Lakers.

He was at a very average 33% for the season on just under 3 attempts per game. Not as bad as some are worrying over but needs improvement.

He gets comfortable taking one or two more per game and increasing his percent a couple points, he becomes even more valuable. Already a tough defender and energy guy, he improves his 3pt shot even a little and he may easily become that “un-tradeable” role player.

Love the video! Kind of amazing how he has earned such attention as a support player. Every good team has them though. Just Caruso’s turn in NBA lore!

Watched him in the Gleague and he is a capable 3pt shooter. He just needs consistent playing time which will help his confidence in the shot.

Of note Caruso played a lot of PG in the Gleague. I believe he was also a PG in college. Not a spectacular passer but able to make all the necessary passes whle having the ability to attack the basket.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://youtu.be/avOXQuJ1Hig

Great link and I like O'Connor also and not just because he loves my man Alex Caruso, but what a breakdown.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 100, 101, 102 ... 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 101 of 132
Jump to: