OFFICIAL Kentavious Caldwell-Pope Thread (Resigned for 3 Years, $40 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 180, 181, 182  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Is he playing well? He’s a -11 with two turnovers, no assists, and two rebounds. His shot is falling I guess.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

If KCP is scoring 25 in a game for us this year, that's probably a bad sign.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Once a trash always a trash
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:53 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/LakersHoopsPH/status/1185412849079767040
Mike D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Laughed pretty hard at this.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Pretty much why I don’t put much stock into those summer videos and trainers like lethal shooter and what not
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:

Haha oh man.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

I thought it was telling that he was a big minute starter in a game where all the rotation players were rested. Bradley, Green and Kuzma are going to get big minutes on the perimeter. Cook, Rondo and maybe Caruso will see time. If LA lands Iguodala, where are the minutes for Pope?

KCP got overpaid (again) this offseason by LA as a favor to Klutch. But his deal shrunk to a size that can pretty easily be dealt. Paul got him trade veto but the ability to retain his bird rights (via opt in) if he approves a deal. That differs from last December when Pope vetoed a deal to the Bulls which would have cost him his bird rights.

The question is, what can we get for Pope?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
drae wrote:

Pretty much why I don’t put much stock into those summer videos and trainers like lethal shooter and what not

Yes, this is the purest distillation of KCP.

And LOL Lethal Shooter is a PR dude, nothing more. He offers "look how hard he's working on his shot" hype IG videos, but doesn't actually improve anyone's shot.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

So he didn't have a good game?
Sorry I missed the game.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

I good coach can utilize a player’s strength while hidden their weakness which help the development of a player. Let’s see whether KCP could become a better player or not
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:35 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
drae wrote:

And LOL Lethal Shooter is a PR dude, nothing more. He offers "look how hard he's working on his shot" hype IG videos, but doesn't actually improve anyone's shot.

If i was his competition I would just show clients video of KCP on why they should not hire him
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
drae wrote:

If i was his competition I would just show clients video of KCP on why they should not hire him

To evaluate KCP's training, we'll have to see how he does in catch and shoot situations. He never could create his own offense, in part because all defenders know his "isos" will result in a pull-up jumper from at least 20 feet. Even if a big is switched on him, KCP still can't break him down.
scout0_0
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

KcP is a lost cause
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

KCP's game should be: run and pick spots 15 to 18 feet away from the hoop, receive passes, and shoot. He had a nice mid-range game going towards the end of last season doing this.

His weakness is forcing shots, play-making, and trying to take people off the dribble.

He thrives in chaotic type offenses with lots of scrambling; he's going to struggle when he's asked to stand in the corner and wait for someone to penetrate and dish. There was a lot more motion in our offense late last season with Lebron sitting out. This is probably why KCP shouldn't be in the line-up with Lebron at the same time.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

scout0_0 wrote:
KcP is a lost cause

Admittedly, every coach I know says the same, citing the inconsistencies in his mental game.

But I think we can use his hustle and athleticism to round out this team, just need him to stay positive during slumps, and to cope with being the 8th-9th man. He's a decent shooter and defender, with good straight line speed.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
I thought it was telling that he was a big minute starter in a game where all the rotation players were rested. Bradley, Green and Kuzma are going to get big minutes on the perimeter. Cook, Rondo and maybe Caruso will see time. If LA lands Iguodala, where are the minutes for Pope?

KCP got overpaid (again) this offseason by LA as a favor to Klutch. But his deal shrunk to a size that can pretty easily be dealt. Paul got him trade veto but the ability to retain his bird rights (via opt in) if he approves a deal. That differs from last December when Pope vetoed a deal to the Bulls which would have cost him his bird rights.

We don't need much - top 55 protected #2 pick, or package him up for a guy you like . . .

You could trade him straight up for:

Fred VanVleet
Joe Harris
Bojan Bogdanovic
Jae Crowder

Or with a small piece for:

TJ Warren
Joe Ingles
Jerami Grant

Etc. No game changers, but if you want to bring in a different skillset/shore up another position, KCP could be a part of a deal to get it.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

He has a no trade contract, a trade has to benefit him.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject:

Can't fix stupid
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

We don't need much - top 55 protected #2 pick, or package him up for a guy you like . . .

Fred VanVleet
Joe Harris
Bojan Bogdanovic
Jae Crowder

TJ Warren
Joe Ingles
Jerami Grant

Etc. No game changers, but if you want to bring in a different skillset/shore up another position, KCP could be a part of a deal to get it.

Trading Pope is complicated in that you need approval from three parties due to his trade veto (not to mention Klutch backing). I would love any of those players you mentioned, but would be surprised if any of those teams would be willing to trade them for KCP (maybe Crowder, but I don't see KCP approving Memphis).

How about a swap of KCP for Dion Waiters?

Pope gets a raise (trade kicker + no state income tax), a role with more guaranteed minutes on a playoff contender, and moves to one of the best cities in the country. Miami cuts into their surprisingly significant luxury tax bill, gets a better fitting starter than Waiters while Hero gains some experience, and moves on from Waiters who hasn't fit into their team culture. The Lakers get a guard who can act as a scoring facilitator on the second unit (he's a better passer than you think, career best 4.3 apg), who is a former Pelinka client and LeBron teammate, that doesn't disturb the team's 2021 free agent aspirations. Waiters wasn't a fit with LeBron in Cleveland, but that was as a starting guard along LeBron. His role in LA would be minutes where LeBron was not on the floor.

If Pope provides tacit approval of the trade by opting into the second year of his deal, not only does he retain his full bird rights (something he would otherwise lose), but his 15% trade kicker then applies to the remaining salary in this season plus next year's salary. The trade kicker is applied to Miami's cap but is paid by the Lakers, further incentivizing Miami financially.

Seems like a win for everybody to me. I would also mention that the salary LA paid KCP is EXACTLY the amount necessary for a straight up swap of Waiters while saving Miami maximum money.

Another good target IMO is Ariza, who took a sweetheart offer early in free agency from Sacramento but doesn't feel like a fit there. With both Bogdanovic and Hield entering free agency next summer, having Pope on a one year deal might be nice insurance.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Fred VanVleet
Joe Harris
Bojan Bogdanovic
Jae Crowder

TJ Warren
Joe Ingles
Jerami Grant

All those players you mentioned are more better and valuable then KCP, perhaps you can get KCP for Allen Crabbe.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Fred VanVleet
Joe Harris
Bojan Bogdanovic
Jae Crowder

TJ Warren
Joe Ingles
Jerami Grant

Trading Pope is complicated in that you need approval from three parties due to his trade veto (not to mention Klutch backing). I would love any of those players you mentioned, but would be surprised if any of those teams would be willing to trade them for KCP (maybe Crowder, but I don't see KCP approving Memphis).

How about a swap of KCP for Dion Waiters?

Pope gets a raise (trade kicker + no state income tax), a role with more guaranteed minutes on a playoff contender, and moves to one of the best cities in the country. Miami cuts into their surprisingly significant luxury tax bill, gets a better fitting starter than Waiters while Hero gains some experience, and moves on from Waiters who hasn't fit into their team culture. The Lakers get a guard who can act as a scoring facilitator on the second unit (he's a better passer than you think, career best 4.3 apg), who is a former Pelinka client and LeBron teammate, that doesn't disturb the team's 2021 free agent aspirations. Waiters wasn't a fit with LeBron in Cleveland, but that was as a starting guard along LeBron. His role in LA would be minutes where LeBron was not on the floor.

If Pope provides tacit approval of the trade by opting into the second year of his deal, not only does he retain his full bird rights (something he would otherwise lose), but his 15% trade kicker then applies to the remaining salary in this season plus next year's salary. The trade kicker is applied to Miami's cap but is paid by the Lakers, further incentivizing Miami financially.

Seems like a win for everybody to me. I would also mention that the salary LA paid KCP is EXACTLY the amount necessary for a straight up swap of Waiters while saving Miami maximum money.

Another good target IMO is Ariza, who took a sweetheart offer early in free agency from Sacramento but doesn't feel like a fit there. With both Bogdanovic and Hield entering free agency next summer, having Pope on a one year deal might be nice insurance.

Dion Waiters has attitude problems, what about trading KCP for Allen Crabbe?
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

jeez the KCP board is toxic. Hope KCP isn't reading it. After reading through the posts here I'm left to wonder which character KCP is in "Parasite"
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Forgot to mention, Waiters is currently a Rich Paul client.

Former LeBron teammate, check
Former Pelinka client, check
Current Klutch client, check.
Likely available for value LA has to offer, check
Fills a skillset need for the Lakers, check
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Forgot to mention, Waiters is currently a Rich Paul client.

Former LeBron teammate, check
Former Pelinka client, check
Current Klutch client, check.
Likely available for value LA has to offer, check
Fills a skillset need for the Lakers, check

He just had a problem with the team and is suspended for the season opener, if he’s gonna be our trade target then we need him to be a team player.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 113, 114, 115 ... 180, 181, 182  Next
Page 114 of 182
Jump to: