Unpopular / Un-PC opinions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:20 am    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
Got so many of these lol. Washing your hands to much and especially with the antibacterial soap will eventually make you sicker and starting to create super germs that are morphing into stronger strains and less harder to kill with antibiotics. Dirt is great for you lol

Remember a segment in an episode of the now-defunct "VICE" about supergerms knocking off hundreds of hospital patients every year. They know that copper kills germs, so why hospitals don't install copper door handles and handrails etc iono. Cost, maybe. They did another bit on folks with Chron's Disease and the likes. They've found that the poo of 3-5% of healthy donors treats people with intestinal infections that antibiotics can't get rid of. Certain healthy people have superpoop. They showed a donor who was a fitness junkie and he jogged over to a clinic to deliver a specimen. They then mix it with water to break it down and voila. Patients go to the doc and they squirt the fecal liquid up the rear end. So it's not just dirt, but EXCREMENT that's good for us. They said that fecal transplant liquid falls under the definition of a medication, btw. A bag of liquid poop = either a medication or something to throw at a homeless person out of a car window a la 999.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
realking24 wrote:
Got so many of these lol. Washing your hands to much and especially with the antibacterial soap will eventually make you sicker and starting to create super germs that are morphing into stronger strains and less harder to kill with antibiotics. Dirt is great for you lol

Remember a segment in an episode of the now-defunct "VICE" about supergerms knocking off hundreds of hospital patients every year. They know that copper kills germs, so why hospitals don't install copper door handles and handrails etc iono. Cost, maybe. They did another bit on folks with Chron's Disease and the likes. They've found that the poo of 3-5% of healthy donors treats people with intestinal infections that antibiotics can't get rid of. Certain healthy people have superpoop. They showed a donor who was a fitness junkie and he jogged over to a clinic to deliver a specimen. They then mix it with water to break it down and voila. Patients go to the doc and they squirt the fecal liquid up the rear end. So it's not just dirt, but EXCREMENT that's good for us. They said that fecal transplant liquid falls under the definition of a medication, btw. A bag of liquid poop = either a medication or something to throw at a homeless person out of a car window a la 999.

lakers999: mobile outreach mission
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

There are only two international sporting competitions that bring a sense of national pride for me: the World Cup and Ryder Cup.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
adkindo wrote:
It is NBA stars moral obligation (to country and game) to represent USA Basketball in international play. Yeah, I said it. I am not suggesting the 30+ guys should have to go do it, or even the guys that have already "served". Guys like Kawhi Leonard, Bradly Beal, Blake Griffin, and Damian Lillard should be headlining this team. I think if not injured, everyone that is asked should commit to at least one World Cup and one Olympics to ensure we protect our status in international basketball as unbeatable.

I actually agree. This is shocking.

Most don't and I get it....and I am in no way suggesting it become anything more than a personal choice....but I think they should choose to do their part in continuing the USA's status in the sport and continue to grow the sport globally.

I think it is widely accepted at this point that the 1992 Dream Team did wonders for subsequently growing the sport around the globe, and opening up limitless revenue opportunities across the world for NBA stars. It is complicated and there is a lot of indirect trickle down, but I think it is beneficial to the NBA players and the ones that follow. Does Klay Thompson make millions selling shoes in China in 2019 if not for that 1992 team? Not sure...maybe it would not have been until 2030 before that market developed...maybe not. The growth of basketball in Africa and South America in recent decades is crazy...and at the same time only scratched the surface.

I tend to be more conservative when it comes to foreign policy and get crap for it from my leftist friends, but I'm very much an adherent of a Kenneth Waltz style neo-realpolitik. I'm not a war hawk at all, but I support American soft power hegemony backed by the strength of the dollar as global fiat currency.

Hence, I'm a strong supporter of American sports diplomacy. A dominant USA men's basketball team grows the game, which is great for the NBA, helps foster formal and informal networks of international comity and cooperation, and puts on a nice show of American wealth in action. It's dumb, but it's true. The Soviets understood it. China understands it now. So Damian Lillard should be able to grasp the basic importance of a little national pride and good old fashioned sports jingoism.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:25 am    Post subject:

halloween is (bleep) lame
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
halloween is (bleep) lame

New Year's is worse.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

[quote="non-player zealot"]
realking24 wrote:

Remember a segment in an episode of the now-defunct "VICE" about supergerms knocking off hundreds of hospital patients every year. They know that copper kills germs, so why hospitals don't install copper door handles and handrails etc iono. Cost, maybe. They did another bit on folks with Chron's Disease and the likes. They've found that the poo of 3-5% of healthy donors treats people with intestinal infections that antibiotics can't get rid of. Certain healthy people have superpoop. They showed a donor who was a fitness junkie and he jogged over to a clinic to deliver a specimen. They then mix it with water to break it down and voila. Patients go to the doc and they squirt the fecal liquid up the rear end. So it's not just dirt, but EXCREMENT that's good for us. They said that fecal transplant liquid falls under the definition of a medication, btw. A bag of liquid poop = either a medication or something to throw at a homeless person out of a car window a la 999

I remember hearing Copper was beneficial but totally forgot it kills germs. That’s a great idea about using Copper for the hospital doors. The Fecal Matter is absolutely legit. Actually our friends used to joke about using her hubbies bowels for her to help correct her issues. People don’t realize how important gut health is and our stomachs are considered to be our second brain.

I’ll watch that episode👍
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
realking24 wrote:

lakers999: mobile outreach mission

Outreach for what?
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:59 am    Post subject:

https://abc7.com/politics/sf-pushes-to-rebrand-crime-language-drop-terms-like-felon-and-addict/5488088/

goodbye "convicted felon", hello "formerly incarcerated person"
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:54 am    Post subject:

https://abc7.com/politics/sf-pushes-to-rebrand-crime-language-drop-terms-like-felon-and-addict/5488088/

Quote:
"Language shapes the ideas, perceptions, beliefs, attitudes, and actions of individuals, societies, and governments,"

So does crime.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

The ESPN Body Issue has ran it's course and is now just boring. Originally, it was an interesting concept; illustrate the human body of elite athletes in different shapes and sizes in a tasteful manner without elaborate editing. ESPN has simply failed to grow that concept and it has became the same thing year after year......grab a couple star athletes from the big 3 sports, get 1 or 2 people who have overcame odds of their body such as person who has lost an arm or leg, get a group of chubby guys like an offensive line or older people and talk about how brave they are for disrobing, toss the popular female Olympic athlete in, an MMA star, and someone from Women's USA Soccer (I hear Rapinoe is always up to do it).

Even worse, they have cheated the idea by heavily relying on trick photography or whatever you choose to call it. No they are not photo-shopping, but are using light, angles, etc. to a degree that they are publishing a disingenuous illustration of the athlete. The whole point was to demonstrate that every great athlete does not have abs...but now they are using makeup, airbrushing and lighting to ensure almost everyone has a six pack. Finally, in the original issue they discussed how they asked the athletes to appear how they would look in season....in game shape, but not in "centerfold" shape as in they wanted to illustrate how the athlete really looks, not how they look after a strenuous hollywood diet and preparation for a photoshoot. It is clear after the first couple years, these athletes are preparing for this photo shoot for months ahead of time which makes the entire project pointless.

Don't get me wrong, I think the project did some good work such as allowing us to see these amazing bodies of elite athletes, while also showing that not all elite athletes looked the same such as the significant difference between someone like Nelson Cruz and Prince Fielder in earlier issues. The 2015 photoshoot of Aly Raisman is still my favorite....just pure powerful explosive muscle stacked on such a small frame while still being extremely functional.

I have said my peace....time for the Body Issue to conclude, and always be what is was in reference....but move on to a new idea.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

I can't believe every year they convince a male athlete to tuck his dick back and have a naked picture of themselves in Sports Illustrated.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
I can't believe every year they convince a male athlete to tuck his dick back and have a naked picture of themselves in Sports Illustrated.

Bruce Jenner does it every morning.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
ocho wrote:

Bruce Jenner does it every morning.

Don't think she's got anything to tuck anymore.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

It’s a subject that gets buried and not a lot of coverage IMO. It “doesn’t fit the narrative”. Mass shooting, violence and medication.

I’m not posting the list because it’s pretty shocking and disturbing. The list is massive and list the medication of these killer kids and acts. The media that covers it is getting shut down and the Media that ignores it gets a louder voice pockets run deep.

https://www.naturalnews.com/039752_mass_shootings_psychiatric_drugs_antidepressants.html
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
The ESPN Body Issue has ran it's course and is now just boring.

I agree for all the reasons you state, plus the fact that it is starting to get a little weird.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

Quote:
"Language shapes the ideas, perceptions, beliefs, attitudes, and actions of individuals, societies, and governments,"

So does crime.

Person formerly involved in crime.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
It’s a subject that gets buried and not a lot of coverage IMO. It “doesn’t fit the narrative”. Mass shooting, violence and medication.

I’m not posting the list because it’s pretty shocking and disturbing. The list is massive and list the medication of these killer kids and acts. The media that covers it is getting shut down and the Media that ignores it gets a louder voice pockets run deep.

https://www.naturalnews.com/039752_mass_shootings_psychiatric_drugs_antidepressants.html

Quote:
About Dan Roberts
Dan Roberts is a grassroots supporter of gun rights that has chosen AmmoLand Shooting Sports News as the perfect outlet for his frank, 'Jersey Attitude' filled articles on Guns and Gun Owner Rights. As a resident of the oppressive state of New Jersey he is well placed to be able to discuss the abuses of government against our inalienable rights to keep and bear arms as he writes from deep behind NJ's Anti-Gun iron curtain.

Without getting into the political side of this, I would want a more authoritative source before I bought into the medical premise of the article.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:

I remember hearing Copper was beneficial but totally forgot it kills germs. That’s a great idea about using Copper for the hospital doors. The Fecal Matter is absolutely legit. Actually our friends used to joke about using her hubbies bowels for her to help correct her issues. People don’t realize how important gut health is and our stomachs are considered to be our second brain.

I’ll watch that episode👍

I remember the name now of the bug they focused on. Couldn't think of it when I wrote that post. Clostridium difficile (they call it C-diff, kinda like C-Webb, who was difficult himself). That's a bug apparently that is defeated by SOME healthy people's crap, but I recall there were only 3-5% of "donors" who had all the healthy types of gut flora that they look for.

Found that episode on Wiki for ya. I got back epis of "Vice" on demand via Spectrum. If you can find it, good on ya. Too bad they cancelled it, it was an interesting program. I watched all of it from start to end like it was The Wire.

Season 5, Epi 28 (aired 10/6/17) "Post-Truth News And Microbiome"

Scientists have done tests with various kinds of metals shaped in little squares that fit in petrie dishes. Only copper (of the standard metals used in sh like door handles) kills all viral load put on it within minutes. The thought is that copper atoms interact with and break the cell walls of bacteria.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
realking24 wrote:

I’ll watch that episode👍

I remember the name now of the bug they focused on. Couldn't think of it when I wrote that post. Clostridium difficile (they call it C-diff, kinda like C-Webb, who was difficult himself). That's a bug apparently that is helped by healthy people's crap, but I recall there were only 3-5% of "donors" who had all the healthy types of gut flora they needed.

Found on Wiki for ya. I got back epis on demand via Spectrum. If you can find it, good on ya.

Scientists have done tests with various kinds of metals shaped in little squares that fit in petrie dishes. Only copper (of the standard metals used in sh like door handles) kills all viral load put on it within minutes. The thought is that copper atoms interact with and break the cell walls of bacteria.

That’s awesome I will totally check it out, great info and thanks 👍
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
realking24 wrote:

I’ll watch that episode👍

I remember the name now of the bug they focused on. Couldn't think of it when I wrote that post. Clostridium difficile (they call it C-diff, kinda like C-Webb, who was difficult himself). That's a bug apparently that is helped by healthy people's crap, but I recall there were only 3-5% of "donors" who had all the healthy types of gut flora they needed.

Found on Wiki for ya. I got back epis on demand via Spectrum. If you can find it, good on ya.

Doh! That's not the one. It's similar tho.

Season 4, Episode 17 (aired 6/24/16) "Student Debt and Fecal Medicine"

That's the one you want, broseph.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
realking24 wrote:

Quote:
About Dan Roberts
Dan Roberts is a grassroots supporter of gun rights that has chosen AmmoLand Shooting Sports News as the perfect outlet for his frank, 'Jersey Attitude' filled articles on Guns and Gun Owner Rights. As a resident of the oppressive state of New Jersey he is well placed to be able to discuss the abuses of government against our inalienable rights to keep and bear arms as he writes from deep behind NJ's Anti-Gun iron curtain.

Without getting into the political side of this, I would want a more authoritative source before I bought into the medical premise of the article.

I understand. Regardless of what narrative he is trying to portray just look at the list he provides. It’s what medication they were on. Forget the gun politics just thought it was telling. Also people don’t cover it and it’s a big deal IMO. Humans are complicated but thats got to be in some of the debates no? Check out the lists it’s crazy👍 Do you feel medication doesn’t have side effects? I know you do not trying to be rude just don’t understand why this isn’t talked about.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
realking24 wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
realking24 wrote:

I’ll watch that episode👍

Doh! That's not the one. It's similar tho.

Season 4, Episode 17 (aired 6/24/16) "Student Debt and Fecal Medicine"

That's the one you want, broseph.

Copy 😎
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

realking24 wrote:
I understand. Regardless of what narrative he is trying to portray just look at the list he provides. It’s what medication they were on. Forget the gun politics just thought it was telling. Also people don’t cover it and it’s a big deal IMO. Humans are complicated but thats got to be in some of the debates no? Check out the lists it’s crazy👍 Do you feel medication doesn’t have side effects? I know you do not trying to be rude just don’t understand why this isn’t talked about.

His list is the narrative. The information in the list may be true, but on the other hand, it isn't that surprising that people with mental issues are usually on anti-depressants and the like. Correlation is not causation. We have become an over-medicated society, especially the younger generations, but the link between Prozac and mass shootings strikes me as questionable.
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
realking24 wrote:

His list is the narrative. The information in the list may be true, but on the other hand, it isn't that surprising that people with mental issues are usually on anti-depressants and the like. Correlation is not causation. We have become an over-medicated society, especially the younger generations, but the link between Prozac and mass shootings strikes me as questionable.

So humans are so insanely complicated that even the best smartest scientists and people in general have a fraction of an idea of our own bodies, capabilities and world in general why not question the medication scientists and doctors guess on what’s best for our bodies and we should not question the side effects that they may present. Why not try and heal the gut first and lower chemical and sugar intake. That would help a ton and maybe actually fix the problem instead of masking or even making something worse. I bet money on a clean eating life style with of course cheat days but Keto plus Whole Foodsi filtered water, lower chemicals instead of not doing anything different but taking medication.

Lifes rough sometimes and it’s not easy. I once struggled with panic attacks so mental health is no joke. I’ve taking medication and it made me feel so much worse and over the years learned and discovered a different approach and realized maybe we should promote a healthier eating style vs medication or at least have an option. Just my opinion
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15
Jump to: