2018 LA RAMS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123, 124  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
The best qb in the league today is Mahomes. Give Brady the Chiefs defense tonight and see what happens. Rams win in a blowout.

That’s ridiculous.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
The best qb in the league today is Mahomes. Give Brady the Chiefs defense tonight and see what happens. Rams win in a blowout.

I said the same thing to my friends in 2nd qtr. Mahomes with Rams defense would’ve easily won. That cooks throw where Goff lofted that pass... Mahomes would’ve zipped that so safety couldn’t make a play. Preferred Wentz over Goff because I didn’t see the playmaking under pressure in him.
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Goff just doesn't have the "it" factor. He looked scared out there tonight.

Goff reminds me of a mix of Matt Schaub and Rex Grossman.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:

Thank you!

I’ve said it in here and I’ve said it to friends that Rams fans, the team will NEVER win an SB with Goff
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Would it be fair to say Tom Brady is basically the Michael Jordan of the NFL? He's surpassed Kobe Bryant in championships.

Brady surpassed Montana already years ago.

Respect the GOAT.

nope ... like MJ Montana is u defeated in the big game

Wait, what? Montana was defeated in the NFC championship a few times by the New York Giants and guess who was the defensive coordinator then for the Giants? That's right Bill Belichick. This means Montana lost even before he got to the Superbowl several times. At least Brady made it to 9 and won 6 which is pretty amazing if you think about it.

Montana was injured in that game against the Giants.

And if we’re going to troll, Brady cheated to win rings, those Belichick defenses won him several rings (look at tonight for example), and Eli Manning was 2-0 against Brady on the biggest stage. Brady couldn’t even beat him with an undefeated team.

When MJ had the GOAT team he won. Montana won with the first team to go 15-1. Brady lost with his best team to a 10-6 team.

Montana was injured but he struggled to score at all even before he got injured. Belichick just has a way of doing that as we've seen. That's why he's a defensive mastermind and considered the greatest NFL coach of all time.

It goes both ways with the losses to the Giants. Brady left the Patriots with the lead in both of those games but props to Eli Manning who just made the big plays to take the lead back in the end. You could say the defensive gave up the game in the end and yeat the helmet catch was amazing but sometimes you just have to give the other team credit (and they could have called holding when Eli threw that pass that resulted in the helmet catch).

Brady has won 6 Superbowls that's two more than Montana. That means he got there more times than Montana.

Also why are you defending Jordan as a Lakers fan who worships Kobe Bryant? I thought you guys hated Jordan because the NBA made him the golden child in the 90s and didn't treat Kobe the same way?
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Would it be fair to say Tom Brady is basically the Michael Jordan of the NFL? He's surpassed Kobe Bryant in championships.

Respect the GOAT.

nope ... like MJ Montana is u defeated in the big game

Wait, what? Montana was defeated in the NFC championship a few times by the New York Giants and guess who was the defensive coordinator then for the Giants? That's right Bill Belichick. This means Montana lost even before he got to the Superbowl several times. At least Brady made it to 9 and won 6 which is pretty amazing if you think about it.

Aussiesuede wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:

Respect the GOAT.

Brady is the GOAT NFL QB, but to match Jordan, he'd have to have gone undefeated as well. Nobody dominated Jordan the way the Mannings were able to outplay Brady. Nobody = Jordan in class of his own...

Props to Belichick. Maybe the best defensive mind ever. He is to defense what Bill Walsh is to offense.

With that said, I still don’t see how Brady, and Brady alone, is a better QB than Montana or Rodgers really. Hell I think Young, Marino, and Elway were better pure QBs. Carried teams on their own.

Brady is basically a checkdown, dink and dunk game manager. Look at today’s game, it was all underneath checkdowns with the exception of one seams route where he really threw into a bad double team, just happens that Andre the Giant plays TE for him. I know Brady fans just chant goat when his name even comes up but they never wanna talk nuances, the different facets of the game. What part of his game is he better than the guys I listed. I take all of those above Brady if I had to win a game on QB play alone. Hell I probably Favre over him.

4/4 = 100%. 6/9 = 66.7%. I know Stanford and Caltech has long surpassed Harvard and MIT but they still teach math in NE? (Haha enjoy your win Boston fans. Classy of you all to come to Rams/LA page).

I agree that Brady is no Russell Wilson, who leads the league in passes traveling more than 40 yards since 2012. But doing what he's consistently been doing at his age and over his career, he is the GOAT. But when it comes to QB mechanics and big plays? Sure a number of QB's have been better. But with the game on the line, nobody has been consistently better than Brady, except maybe Russell Wilson and his consistent 4th qtr heroics.

Who brought up Russell? Deflect much haha. Most of the sb wins he won by 3 pts. Today’s game is good example of how Brady have won. Game manage while Belichick game plans to take away other team’s best option (with the help of occasional opposition research “tapes”). With game on the line I take any of those QBs over him. Funny thing is, most Brady fans never seen any of them play def not Montana yet love to argue he’s better. Lol.

Last edited by 67ShelbyGT on Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

McVay and Goff got taken to the woodshed and beaten with experience of Brady and Belichick. You can tell the offense was skittish the entire game. At no point in the game did I ever feel like they were in command of the game. With our primary running option Todd Gurley not 100% they were basically reduced to a one dimensional team.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:

Ok. Goff isn't "Great", but he's good and should never be in a conversation with a journeyman like Rex Grossman. Goff is in the Andy Dalton, David Carr, Matthew Stafford tier of QB's. Rex Grossman is in the Mark Sanchez, J Cutler, Derek Anderson tier of QB's.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:

Who brought up Russell? Deflect much haha. Most of the sb wins he won by 3 pts. Today’s game is good example of how Brady have won. Game manage while Belichick game plans to take away other team’s best option (with the help of occasional opposition research “tapes”). With game on the line I take any of those QBs over him. Funny thing is, most Brady fans never seen any of them play def not Montana yet love to argue he’s better. Lol.

Well not every winning Superbowl QB can sport a 35 point average margin of victory like Russell Wilson, but that doesn't make Brady a slouch.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Some of you are really pissing me off about Goff. The kid is only 24 years old and is the only QB #1 pick to lead his team to a super bowl within the first 3 years. Suck on that. The kid is going to be a stud and I predict he will win multiple titles with the Rams. This was great experience for him and McVay. Both are still very young. They will be back stronger than ever.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Some of you are really pissing me off about Goff. The kid is only 24 years old and is the only QB #1 pick to lead his team to a super bowl within the first 3 years. Suck on that. The kid is going to be a stud and I predict he will win multiple titles with the Rams. This was great experience for him and McVay. Both are still very young. They will be back stronger than ever.

Yep, people throwing him under the bus after a terrible performance in the big game.....just remember they said the same thing in his rookie year and he managed to prove them wrong. He's still very young and him and McVay will be with this team for years down the road...they are going to take this as a lesson for the future. If theres anything you can blame them for its that they were too green for the big stage at this point in their careers. I thought it was pretty evident after the first couple of offensive series that they were woefully unprepared on offense.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject:

The future is bright for the Rams. The have star players at all the key positions and all under multi year contracts. They have a young genius coach. They have a great owner that has shown the ability to spend money for a contender. They have a brand new state of the art stadium which will be the greatest in the world opening in 2020. I am excited for the future.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
67ShelbyGT wrote:

Well not every winning Superbowl QB can sport a 35 point average margin of victory like Russell Wilson, but that doesn't make Brady a slouch.

0-2 vs the worse Manning. Lost to Foles. 0 TD in sb today. That sound like GOAT? Hmm...
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

This one is on McVay.

You KNEW the Pats would exploit Goff's poor play under pressure and we go with some of the most vanilla / Jeff Fisher play calls in the biggest game of these guys lives.

McVay has done this in several games before. Abandon the run, play conservative and get owned. No sense of urgency, no wrinkles in the offense. Why not mix in a few plays with both CJ AND Gurley in the backfield? U had 2 weeks to prep and you come out running plays from Tecmo Bowl.

smh. They HAD this, and blew it. They are still ahead of schedule, but this sucks.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

If Goff’s going to take the next step he needs to learn how to read defenses and make adjustments. He can’t rely on McVay as a crutch.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:35 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
The future is bright for the Rams. The have star players at all the key positions and all under multi year contracts. They have a young genius coach. They have a great owner that has shown the ability to spend money for a contender. They have a brand new state of the art stadium which will be the greatest in the world opening in 2020. I am excited for the future.

The problem is when everyone wants to get paid....Goff's rookie contract is up soon. He'll want to be rewarded as well....that means less money to shore up the defense...I'm afraid the defense we had this year will be hard to replicate.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
32 wrote:

The problem is when everyone wants to get paid....Goff's rookie contract is up soon. He'll want to be rewarded as well....that means less money to shore up the defense...I'm afraid the defense we had this year will be hard to replicate.

Agreed.

That won't be easy. But somehow the Patriots have been good for so long. The Rams will have to figure that out too.

Bye.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

And I don't understand why some people are so harsh on McVay. The guy is only 33. Think about that. I was watching the interviews after the game and there's nobody more harder on themselves than him. The Rams are lucky to have this guy. He will learn from this experience and be better for it.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Man Mcvay, Goff and Gurley + the rest of the offense should be ashamed of themselves. The lowest points ever by a team in a Super Bowl game? After being one of the top offenses in the regular season?

Legit question - Is Jared Goff stunted? That play where he jogged out of bounds instead of getting rid of the ball and got laid out by the Pats defender.. Why wouldn't you get rid of it there? It seems like he reacts to everything in slow motion.

Goff is a joke and does not deserve to get paid like a top QB, but he'll get it when his contract is up.

That said, I can't say I'm too disappointed. The Dodgers the past 2 years have gotten me used to disappointment and choking in the finals.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:24 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
This one is on McVay.

You KNEW the Pats would exploit Goff's poor play under pressure and we go with some of the most vanilla / Jeff Fisher play calls in the biggest game of these guys lives.

McVay has done this in several games before. Abandon the run, play conservative and get owned. No sense of urgency, no wrinkles in the offense. Why not mix in a few plays with both CJ AND Gurley in the backfield? U had 2 weeks to prep and you come out running plays from Tecmo Bowl.

smh. They HAD this, and blew it. They are still ahead of schedule, but this sucks.
Agreed
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

That’s ridiculous.

What’s ridiculous? Which part? Are you suggesting Brady doesn’t get this far with the Chiefs defense? That’s probably true. Can you imagine Mahones facing his own defense? His team might score 100.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:

I hated his performance but to be fair with the play of the o-line I’d probably be scared too. Seemed like he was getting pressured on every passing play.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Montana was injured but he struggled to score at all even before he got injured. Belichick just has a way of doing that as we've seen. That's why he's a defensive mastermind and considered the greatest NFL coach of all time.

Montana was the comeback king of his time. He struggled to score against the Bengals in the 1989 Super Bowl-until the 4th quarter. 3 points at halftime, 3 more in the 3rd quarter, and 14 points in the 4th to win the game.

Quote:
Brady has won 6 Superbowls that's two more than Montana. That means he got there more times than Montana.

Brady plays in an era when qbs can last longer because teams can’t beat them up the way they used to. That’s why guys like Marino and Elway were banged up in their late 30’s and retired. But for me the biggest argument for Brady at this point is still his longevity. I’m so curious to see how long he lasts.

Quote:
Also why are you defending Jordan as a Lakers fan who worships Kobe Bryant? I thought you guys hated Jordan because the NBA made him the golden child in the 90s and didn't treat Kobe the same way?

I worship Kobe Bryant?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject:

People still arguing that Brady isnt GOAT? lol. I'm a raiders fan btw.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
And I don't understand why some people are so harsh on McVay. The guy is only 33. Think about that. I was watching the interviews after the game and there's nobody more harder on themselves than him. The Rams are lucky to have this guy. He will learn from this experience and be better for it.

They are lucky to have him, yes. That said, he did a really poor job in this game. I don't know how you could have watched this game and come away thinking anything else.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123, 124  Next
Page 122 of 124
Jump to: