2018 LA RAMS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 122, 123, 124  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject:

If Brandin Cooks didn't drop those passes the result could've been much different.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
If Brandin Cooks didn't drop those passes the result could've been much different.

Whaaaaaat? On the first one, he is wide open for multiple seconds. Goff threw it insanely late, and the DB was able to break it up because he had to wait a year for it. That is not on Cooks and should have been a super-simple TD, as the Pats blew the coverage on the play. That DB wasn't even assigned to him.

As for the other play, the dude hit him as he was attempting to make the catch. That is not a drop either, not in the sense of a charted drop, anyway. It would've been a great catch, sure, but it's not like he was wide open and just dropped the ball.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject:

I'm a Chargers fan, and would give anything to be in the Rams' position right now, crappy Super Bowl loss and all. You guys will be fine. For the first time, McVay actually looked like the youngest coach in the league...and that's perfectly okay. Dude's been a top 5 coach from Day 1, and he's been so good given his age/experience that it's starting to get taken for granted. But he should be allowed to be human from time to time, and got outcoached by the GOAT himself tonight, nothing to be ashamed of. No doubt he'll learn from this and remember it for the rest of his career, though, and come back even better.

Goff, on the other hand...well it's still early, but I don't see him being a QB that ever carry a team or dig them out of a hole singlehandedly, especially when things aren't going their way and McVay's playcalling isn't working. He may just be in that Rivers/Romo/Ryan class (which is admittedly nothing to be ashamed of), tbh, though he's young and has time to get better.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Quote:
Montana was injured but he struggled to score at all even before he got injured. Belichick just has a way of doing that as we've seen. That's why he's a defensive mastermind and considered the greatest NFL coach of all time.

Montana was the comeback king of his time. He struggled to score against the Bengals in the 1989 Super Bowl-until the 4th quarter. 3 points at halftime, 3 more in the 3rd quarter, and 14 points in the 4th to win the game.

Quote:
Brady has won 6 Superbowls that's two more than Montana. That means he got there more times than Montana.

Brady plays in an era when qbs can last longer because teams can’t beat them up the way they used to. That’s why guys like Marino and Elway were banged up in their late 30’s and retired. But for me the biggest argument for Brady at this point is still his longevity. I’m so curious to see how long he lasts.

Quote:
Also why are you defending Jordan as a Lakers fan who worships Kobe Bryant? I thought you guys hated Jordan because the NBA made him the golden child in the 90s and didn't treat Kobe the same way?

I worship Kobe Bryant?

Montana beat Elway AND Marino. 2 of the greatest ever. Brady lost to a backup and 2nd best Payton. Twice. If the OC called the right play and Malcolm Butler didn’t save his ass, Brady would be 0-2 vs Russell too. Which surefire 1st ballot HOF QB has Brady beaten in SB?

Those bragging about the 9 appearances... who plays in that uber weak division with Pats again? Jets, dolphins... yikes.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject:

The Brady hate is real holy (bleep).
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:21 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
People still arguing that Brady isnt GOAT? lol. I'm a raiders fan btw.

I was sort of kidding in a recent post. But I do think he was in the GOAT situation with Belichick in that terrible division. When are the Jets, Bills and Dolphins ever going to step up? Miami has been almost completely irrelevant since Marino, Buffalo since Jim Kelly and NY since Namath (except for a couple of Mark Sanchez years lol).
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:01 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
Goff just doesn't have the "it" factor. He looked scared out there tonight.

Goff reminds me of a mix of Matt Schaub and Rex Grossman.

I hated his performance but to be fair with the play of the o-line I’d probably be scared too. Seemed like he was getting pressured on every passing play.

Be honest. Has Russell Wilson EVER had the benefit of playing behind TODAYS Rams offensive line? Has he EVER had the benefit of this years Ram;s caliber receivers? Goff simply isn't a GREAT QB, but that's not a hit on him, because he is a VERY GOOD QB. Just not GREAT enough to overcome TEAM deficiencies. Think about the O'Line Wilson played behing in BOTH of his year 2 & 3 Superbowls. Exceedingly inferior to the O lines Goff has had, and with Monsterously inferior passing weapons... Just sayin...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
I'm a Chargers fan, and would give anything to be in the Rams' position right now, crappy Super Bowl loss and all. You guys will be fine. For the first time, McVay actually looked like the youngest coach in the league...and that's perfectly okay. Dude's been a top 5 coach from Day 1, and he's been so good given his age/experience that it's starting to get taken for granted. But he should be allowed to be human from time to time, and got outcoached by the GOAT himself tonight, nothing to be ashamed of. No doubt he'll learn from this and remember it for the rest of his career, though, and come back even better.

Goff, on the other hand...well it's still early, but I don't see him being a QB that ever carry a team or dig them out of a hole singlehandedly, especially when things aren't going their way and McVay's playcalling isn't working. He may just be in that Rivers/Romo/Ryan class (which is admittedly nothing to be ashamed of), tbh, though he's young and has time to get better.

He’s been human in 3/4 playoff games. Name one playoff game where his offense has come ready to perform?

1) 2018 - vs Falcons? Nope, offense shut down
2) 2019 - vs Cowboys? Probably this one . They ran all over Cowboys.
3) 2019 - vs Saints? Nope, offense was pathetic until they got going late.
4) 2019 - vs Patriots? Nope, horrible.

For an “offensive genius” he’s been mighty pedestrian in the playoffs.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject:

Didn't bother watching it.

Let's just say: the AFC is pretty weak to take down New England.
DrWolf
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

As a colts fan, thats not new, we had our wars with the "evil ones" and although it never became a true rivalry, and all rams fan, and i bet most of the country hate that team

KOBE BRYANT
1978-2020
BLACK MAMBA RIP
2020 WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS!
2020 WORLD CHAMPION DODGERS!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Whaaaaaat? On the first one, he is wide open for multiple seconds. Goff threw it insanely late, and the DB was able to break it up because he had to wait a year for it. That is not on Cooks and should have been a super-simple TD, as the Pats blew the coverage on the play. That DB wasn't even assigned to him.

As for the other play, the dude hit him as he was attempting to make the catch. That is not a drop either, not in the sense of a charted drop, anyway. It would've been a great catch, sure, but it's not like he was wide open and just dropped the ball.

When we traded for Cooks there was talk among us about him not being the kind of receiver who could make those 50/50 catches. I couldn't help thinking after the game if that was Antonio Brown he would have come down with it.

Regardless, I didn't understand why they went to the same play to Cooks after which resulted in the pick that pretty much ended the game. We were inside Pats territory and only down a TD. They were acting like there was only few seconds left in the game when there was almost four minutes.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

during the game, Tony Romo brought up a point, seemed like the Pats knew which play Rams were about to run. whenever Goff dropped back for a deep pass, Pats defenders were all in the right place. spygate anyone?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
during the game, Tony Romo brought up a point, seemed like the Pats knew which play Rams were about to run. whenever Goff dropped back for a deep pass, Pats defenders were all in the right place. spygate anyone?

Nah. We saw the same kind of pass defense rattle Goff in the 3/4 losses during the regular season and our #1 offensive weapon was nowhere near 100%.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Montana was the comeback king of his time. He struggled to score against the Bengals in the 1989 Super Bowl-until the 4th quarter. 3 points at halftime, 3 more in the 3rd quarter, and 14 points in the 4th to win the game.

Uh, what happened in the Superbowl with the Atlanta Falcons down 28 - 3 in the 3rd quarter? Isn't that in the record books as the greatest comeback in Superbowl history and who was in the middle of all those drives to make that comeback happen? That's right it was Tom Brady!!

Quote:
Brady plays in an era when qbs can last longer because teams can’t beat them up the way they used to. That’s why guys like Marino and Elway were banged up in their late 30’s and retired. But for me the biggest argument for Brady at this point is still his longevity. I’m so curious to see how long he lasts.

Do you know why this era came about? The golden boy of the NFL Peyton Manning was getting manhandled by the Patriots defense year after year in the early 00s so the NFL changed the rules to protect him. Now Brady has benefited from this of course but if you go back look at Peyton Manning.

Quote:
I worship Kobe Bryant?

I'm just surprised you would support Jordan here who is vilified on Lakersground because NBA fans consider him to be better than the local hero Kobe Bryant.
BirdMagicLegend
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:

Montana beat Elway AND Marino. 2 of the greatest ever. Brady lost to a backup and 2nd best Payton. Twice. If the OC called the right play and Malcolm Butler didn’t save his ass, Brady would be 0-2 vs Russell too. Which surefire 1st ballot HOF QB has Brady beaten in SB?

Those bragging about the 9 appearances... who plays in that uber weak division with Pats again? Jets, dolphins... yikes.

Brady's team beat Peyton Manning who is considered one of the greatest QBs in the history of the game several times on the way to the Superbowl. He's also beat Big Ben Roethlisberger in the playoffs who is a lock to make the HOF. Also see Kurt Warner in the Hall of Fame.

What do you mean 0-2 vs Russell? He never lost to Russell before the Superbowl vs Seattle. We only played them once and won.

If you want to talk about weak divisions, the 49ers in the 80s also played in a fairly weak division the NFC West. The Rams were on occasion good but the rest of the division was terrible.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

67ShelbyGT wrote:
Which surefire 1st ballot HOF QB has Brady beaten in SB?

Kurt Warner?
Russell Wilson?
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Would it be fair to say Tom Brady is basically the Michael Jordan of the NFL? He's surpassed Kobe Bryant in championships.

Brady surpassed Montana already years ago.

Respect the GOAT.

No, he's not the MJ of the NFL. Brady has always been a completely incomparable athlete. A guy who's not nearly the athlete that his peers are but head and shoulders has that it factor when it comes to the big games and big moments?

If anything, the only one close to him would be Wayne Gretzky. A guy that's not physically the most gifted athlete but certainly the most dangerous when he plays. And he's always been like this even back in UM. Despite his poor combine ratings, I was still surprised when he was drafted so low. The guy just always knew how to win and it translated to the pros.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

When we traded for Cooks there was talk among us about him not being the kind of receiver who could make those 50/50 catches. I couldn't help thinking after the game if that was Antonio Brown he would have come down with it.

Regardless, I didn't understand why they went to the same play to Cooks after which resulted in the pick that pretty much ended the game. We were inside Pats territory and only down a TD. They were acting like there was only few seconds left in the game when there was almost four minutes.

That's correct, Cooks is not a WR that you throw 50/50 balls to. But he was utterly wide open by NFL standards on that first play that should've been a truly simple TD throw. Not his fault. On the play that got broken up, there's subtle DPI from Gilmore (I can understand that no-call as it didn't look like much at live speed), and then Harmon comes in to jostle the ball loose. And on that last inexplicable INT from Goff, yep, you don't throw a duck up for grabs to a WR like Cooks. That has to be a physical monster of a WR to try a play like that.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Would it be fair to say Tom Brady is basically the Michael Jordan of the NFL? He's surpassed Kobe Bryant in championships.

Brady surpassed Montana already years ago.

Respect the GOAT.

No, he's not the MJ of the NFL. Brady has always been a completely incomparable athlete. A guy who's not nearly the athlete that his peers are but head and shoulders has that it factor when it comes to the big games and big moments?

If anything, the only one close to him would be Wayne Gretzky. A guy that's not physically the most gifted athlete but certainly the most dangerous when he plays. And he's always been like this even back in UM. Despite his poor combine ratings, I was still surprised when he was drafted so low. The guy just always knew how to win and it translated to the pros.

Brady is physically underrated as an athlete, given that he's still in great shape and playing the game at a high level when he's 41 years old (and I'd argue he's improved his athleticism tremendously over the years since that poor combine showing, though obviously not at his peak right now). His "peers" are technically all out of the NFL, while he's consistently been at the top of the game for his whole career. Yes, he's not going to stand out by the typical measures of an athlete when compared to most other NFL players, but comparing a QB's athleticism to the average NFL player is apples to oranges anyway.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

That's correct, Cooks is not a WR that you throw 50/50 balls to. But he was utterly wide open by NFL standards on that first play that should've been a truly simple TD throw. Not his fault. On the play that got broken up, there's subtle DPI from Gilmore (I can understand that no-call as it didn't look like much at live speed), and then Harmon comes in to jostle the ball loose. And on that last inexplicable INT from Goff, yep, you don't throw a duck up for grabs to a WR like Cooks. That has to be a physical monster of a WR to try a play like that.

I'd like to give Goff more time before forming such an opinion on him, but he does look more like a Tier 2-type QB to me at this point (Rivers, Romo, Ryan'esque). Looks great when everything is going his way, but struggles to consistently overcome adversity, especially in big games. Again, he's young, but by Year 3 you usually know more or less what a QB is going to be in his career.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:53 am    Post subject:

Jared Goff = Jim "Chris" Everett?

Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:

The Brady love is real too, both from the fans and the media. They never even gave Lebron as much love as they give Brady.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

BirdMagicLegend wrote:
Quote:

Uh, what happened in the Superbowl with the Atlanta Falcons down 28 - 3 in the 3rd quarter? Isn't that in the record books as the greatest comeback in Superbowl history and who was in the middle of all those drives to make that comeback happen? That's right it was Tom Brady!!

Completely irrelevant. You were ripping on Montana for losing to the Giants in a game that he got injured in and didn’t finish as a result. So I brought up his comeback ability. Not sure what throwing Brady in the mix has to do with it.

Quote:

Quote:

Do you know why this era came about? The golden boy of the NFL Peyton Manning was getting manhandled by the Patriots defense year after year in the early 00s so the NFL changed the rules to protect him. Now Brady has benefited from this of course but if you go back look at Peyton Manning.

No I was talking about the NFL’s fear of concussions and big hits. Qbs and receivers don’t get beat up the way they used to and they don’t have as much to worry about. It’s probably why Brady thinks he can play until he is 45.

Quote:
Quote:
I worship Kobe Bryant?

I'm just surprised you would support Jordan here who is vilified on Lakersground because NBA fans consider him to be better than the local hero Kobe Bryant

I always thought Jordan was better.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I wondered about this myself.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
jodeke wrote:
The stage was to big the lights to bright. Rams new kids on the block. Pats been there done that.

Yet the Eagles won last year with a backup QB

And the Giants did it twice with Eli Manning and one of those years the Pats were on the verge of a perfect season.

So sometimes it depends on the day.

It wasn't the Rams.
Eagles and Giants aren't Rams. Some can, some can't.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 122, 123, 124  Next
Page 123 of 124
Jump to: