KAWHI LEONARD THREAD (Woj: KL to sign with Clippers who get Paul George)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 716, 717, 718 ... 876, 877, 878  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
If I was pitching Kawhi, I'd have AD taking him fishing somewhere.

Everyone else mentioned is full of sh*t and might turn him off.

I would ask him, what do you want? We'll do it.
You want to play the 3 and have Lebron at the 4 and AD at the 5? DONE.
No back to backs? DONE.
You want court side tickets for Uncle Dennis? DONE.

Do Kawhi and AD fish?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Clippers alleged sales pitch to Kawhi:

https://mobile.twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1143509110035558401

We are the Kawhi of franchises? Steve Ballmer?

Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Clippers alleged sales pitch to Kawhi:

We are the Kawhi of franchises? Steve Ballmer?

Looks to be straight out of a community college marketing textbook
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

Arash Markazi said on The Herd this morning that the Clippers believe it's a two-team race between them and the Raptors for Kawhi. He gave no reason why the Clippers feel this way.

All this "Kawhi to the Clippers" stuff seems to solely be eminating from the Clippers organization, and lines up with what their mouthpiece (Woj) has been reporting.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Clippers proposed sales pitch to Kawhi via Get Up

(shots fired to Lakers, must read )

Quote:
The Clippers hope the subtext of their self-image will be clear to Leonard: We are the Kawhi of franchises, a bunch of humble people who will gladly yield the noise, spotlight and meaningless narratives to neighboring teams who lap it up. Let them have the divas while we build a team with high-character, competitive players who are committed to the craft.

Here's the video. So it's not the Clippers saying it per se. It's that moron Kevin Arnovitz. I'm not posting the article since we dont want to give that crap site traffic.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

If that leak is true then that is a pathetic pitch. Choose us because we're not the Lakers. What the hell?
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

Going to be hard for the Logo to make that "we're quiet, humble, hard-workers" pitch while Ballmer is in the corner on his hands and knees sobbing.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

What we hear about Kawhi:

1. He wants to win
2. He loves southern cali

I think the 3 choices are the Raptors, the Clippers and the Lakers.

Raptors:
He won with that team. Kawhi is a smart man. He knows the injuries to KD and Klay helped give the Raptors a better chance to the chip. Does he believe in his role players? Will they step up again while he's carrying them? Maybe that's something that Kawhi enjoys? Will the GM stay? Can the GM get another star on the team via trade? Does Kawhi sign a 1+1 deal?

Clippers:
F them.

Lakers:
He knows that teaming with Lebron would make the Lakers amazing. And add to that AD? Having arguably 3 of the top 6 players on the same team would be nuts. Does he want to be under the radar while Lebron and AD can take up the spotlight, assuming that's what Kawhi wants? I feel like Kawhi (or more so his manager) wants to build his brand. What better team to play for to do that while living in the city you love?

I'm hoping the chance to win and coming home would make him choose the Lakers. The Clippers definitely have a chance. But I'd warn Kawhi from going that route. Their curse is no joke.

Last edited by epak on Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Going to be hard for the Logo to make that "we're quiet, humble, hard-workers" pitch while Ballmer is in the corner on his hands and knees sobbing.

Ballmer the walking nutcase
Maginka
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
Username wrote:

The meeting will end once Kawhi shakes his hand and feels his sweaty ass palms
diamondcutter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

New hit video “Kawhi, Wanna Sign Us?”

bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

1. He wants to win

Raptors:
He won with that team. Kawhi is a smart man. He knows the injuries to KD and Klay helped give the Raptors a better chance to the chip. Does he believe in his role players? Will they step up again while he's carrying them? Maybe that's something that Kawhi enjoys? Will the GM stay? Can the GM get another star on the team via trade? Does Kawhi sign a 1+1 deal?

Clippers:
F them.

Lakers:
He knows that teaming with Lebron would make the Lakers amazing. And add to that AD? Having arguably 3 of the top 6 players on the same team would be nuts. Does he want to be under the radar while Lebron and AD can take up the spotlight, assuming that's what Kawhi wants? I feel like Kawhi (or more so his manager) wants to build his brand. What better team to play for to do that while living in the city you love?

I'm hoping the chance to win and coming home would make him choose the Lakers. The Clippers definitely have a chance. But I'd warn Kawhi from going that route. Their curse is no joke.

We also know that Kawhi left Nike, home of LeBron, AD, Kobe, Jordan, and signed a shoe deal with New Balance, home of Darius Bazely. To me, that says a lot about how Kawhi views his brand, and I think his FA decision will be consistent with that. Hope I'm wrong.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

He will be hated by California if he chooses the Clippers

Go for it buddy
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

bluehill wrote:
epak wrote:

1. He wants to win

Raptors:

Clippers:
F them.

Lakers:

We also know that Kawhi left Nike, home of LeBron, AD, Kobe, Jordan, and signed a shoe deal with New Balance, home of Darius Bazely. To me, that says a lot about how Kawhi views his brand, and I think his FA decision will be consistent with that. Hope I'm wrong.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/11/28/18116624/kawhi-leonard-new-balance-sneaker-deal-shoe-endorsement-jordan-brand

Quote:
But contract negotiations reportedly broke down at the last minute after Leonard’s reps felt Jordan’s offer wasn’t representative of his standing as one of the top players in the NBA...

Then there was Leonard, who was set to make a fraction over $5 million a year, while his top-tier peers made two or three times as much. Jordan Brand also did not offer Leonard a signature shoe, though it has given one to Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Paul over the years...

According to ESPN’s Nick DePaula, New Balance offered “significantly more” than $5 million per season, an amount that would put Leonard among the top-15 shoe endorsement deal earners in the league. It is unclear if he will have a signature shoe, but he will be the highest-profile player New Balance has on its roster...

Leonard is the biggest New Balance basketball athlete since James Worthy launched a signature shoe in the 1980s. Leonard and his team have reportedly “been vetting potential creative agencies to launch and manage his social media accounts.”

I think his team cares about his brand.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

Kawhi was smart leaving the Jordan brand.
hdtvset
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

Unless he wants to be the MAN of the team and help a team that never won a championship; otherwise, I don't see him picking the Clippers.

The path to win a championship in the west is just much tougher than the east. If he is coming back to the west, he better pick the team that has the best chance.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

hdtvset wrote:
Unless he wants to be the MAN of the team and help a team that never won a championship; otherwise, I don't see him picking the Clippers.

The path to win a championship in the west is just much tougher than the east. If he is coming back to the west, he better pick the team that has the best chance.

One could argue that the clippers did well last year even without a star. Getting Kawhi could take them to the next level. But I'm going to feel bad for him if he goes there.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

The Tweeter that we're not allowed to post, says the Lakers are trying to get an in person meeting with Kawhi.

Lets see if Foj comes on SportsCenter and says the same.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
bluehill wrote:
epak wrote:

1. He wants to win

Raptors:

Clippers:
F them.

Lakers:

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/11/28/18116624/kawhi-leonard-new-balance-sneaker-deal-shoe-endorsement-jordan-brand

Quote:
But contract negotiations reportedly broke down at the last minute after Leonard’s reps felt Jordan’s offer wasn’t representative of his standing as one of the top players in the NBA...

Then there was Leonard, who was set to make a fraction over $5 million a year, while his top-tier peers made two or three times as much. Jordan Brand also did not offer Leonard a signature shoe, though it has given one to Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade, and Chris Paul over the years...

According to ESPN’s Nick DePaula, New Balance offered “significantly more” than $5 million per season, an amount that would put Leonard among the top-15 shoe endorsement deal earners in the league. It is unclear if he will have a signature shoe, but he will be the highest-profile player New Balance has on its roster...

Leonard is the biggest New Balance basketball athlete since James Worthy launched a signature shoe in the 1980s. Leonard and his team have reportedly “been vetting potential creative agencies to launch and manage his social media accounts.”

I think his team cares about his brand.

Agree. From the outside, Kawhi's brand seems centered on letting his "game speak for itself" and not following the typical basketball star path. He seems willing to make unconventional decisions as part of it. I'm guessing he could gone to Adidas or UnderArmour. Some companies that at least had a previous presence in basketball, but he chose New Balance. Maybe he just took the money.
JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

FU #2 Coward/Traitor.

Last edited by JJLakers on Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Arash Markazi said on The Herd this morning that the Clippers believe it's a two-team race between them and the Raptors for Kawhi. He gave no reason why the Clippers feel this way.

All this "Kawhi to the Clippers" stuff seems to solely be eminating from the Clippers organization, and lines up with what their mouthpiece (Woj) has been reporting.

When Kawhi asked out of San Antonio, he didn’t request to be traded to the Clippers or the Raptors. If Kawhi hadn’t been traded to Canada, against his will, would they even be mentioned in this “two-team race?” It’s doesn’t make sense to me. Kawhi is a free agent, he doesn’t owe the Raptors anything.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
He will be hated by California if he chooses the Clippers

Go for it buddy

This is a powerful argument. Dude will be booed reletentlessly by his hometown for all time if he joins the Clippers. Does he really want that.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Damon Jones on Mason/Ireland show right now saying he still believes Kawhi Leonard to Lakers is still in play.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Maginka wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
Username wrote:

The meeting will end once Kawhi shakes his hand and feels his sweaty ass palms

Lol.. you must know about the Suns reasoning for turning down drafting Kawhi Leonard?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Damon Jones on Mason/Ireland show right now saying he still believes Kawhi Leonard to Lakers is still in play.

My man!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 716, 717, 718 ... 876, 877, 878  Next
Page 717 of 878
Jump to: