Official LANCE STEPHENSON Thread (Cried after being Eliminated from Playoffs - pg.57)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:32 pm    Post subject:

ZenMaster4President wrote:
My main problem with Lance is not that he is a ball stopper and full of himself. My biggest problem is that he prevents Svi from playing.
see this is exactly what I’m talking about. Those who are hating on lance aren’t even hating on his game, it’s about their fantasies that they have of Svi coming into games and being a Kyle Korver. Have you seen him play in preseason? He’s been the worst player on the court each game. He’s not even remotely ready, he makes Bonga look like a seasoned veteran. Svi isn’t even hitting rim on wide open 3s cause he’s so shook. Let him gain confidence in the G league, he’s about 2 years away. But Lance is stopping svi from playing? Lmaoo. What a joke.
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Lance is awesome! He comes in with the second unit and gives it life. The crowd gets into him. He must bother the other team. Is he going to make bad playes, yes! But I bet steph, Clay etc don't like playing against him
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
My main problem with Lance is not that he is a ball stopper and full of himself. My biggest problem is that he prevents Svi from playing.
see this is exactly what I’m talking about. Those who are hating on lance aren’t even hating on his game, it’s about their fantasies that they have of Svi coming into games and being a Kyle Korver. Have you seen him play in preseason? He’s been the worst player on the court each game. He’s not even remotely ready, he makes Bonga look like a seasoned veteran. Svi isn’t even hitting rim on wide open 3s cause he’s so shook. Let him gain confidence in the G league, he’s about 2 years away. But Lance is stopping svi from playing? Lmaoo. What a joke.

No doubt about it! Svi is not ready and honesty who knows when he will be. Be a fan of the team to win not an individual player. Lance gives us a much better chance to win. Svi gives us no chance at this point.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:40 am    Post subject:

SD2Hollyweird wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
The people who like Lance were the same people ooohhing and aaahhhhing while watching Nick Young.

And the people who hate Lance are the same people who always must find something, anything, to whine and moan about.

Or maybe they don’t like dudes who beat their girlfriend.

What a weird post, we have been dealing with players who have had issues in there life, do you not want Lance to succeed as a Laker?

Not really, dude has basically straight up admitted nothing he says is serious, he is just here to essentially troll. His own words in another thread.

Not my own words, your words, I have never used the word troll, that is a bastion for those who lack intelligent conversation. So you like guys who beat their girlfriends?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:46 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

No doubt about it! Svi is not ready and honesty who knows when he will be. Be a fan of the team to win not an individual player. Lance gives us a much better chance to win. Svi gives us no chance at this point.

This is far from being proven at this point. Thus far in pre-season, he's come in and provided some spark, but how often are his pull-up elbow jumpers going to fall throughout the season?
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
King Randle wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

This is far from being proven at this point. Thus far in pre-season, he's come in and provided some spark, but how often are his pull-up elbow jumpers going to fall throughout the season?

Considering he's been working all summer on his shoot, as evienced by his summer workout videos and it's been falling in the preseason, you can be optimistic and hopeful that he's much improved rather than writing him off based off his past shooting when it wasn't something he put a lot of time in.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
King Randle wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

Considering he's been working all summer on his shoot, as evienced by his summer workout videos and it's been falling in the preseason, you can be optimistic and hopeful that he's much improved rather than writing him off based off his past shooting when it wasn't something he put a lot of time in.

I can’t believe fans aren’t rooting for the guy to succeed, he worked his butt off to prove the fans that he can make a Impact and all we have heard from fans is that he is a black hole and a ball stopper, it seems like fans don’t value players anymore unless they are putting up amazing stats, fans from the 80’s and 90’s will appreciate Lance more then modern fans do.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
King Randle wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

Why be negative? He’s hitting his shot, providing a spark, playing with energy. Pull for the guy to succeed. I don’t understand some of you guys. If Lance plays well he helps this team a lot.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
King Randle wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

Why be negative? He’s hitting his shot, providing a spark, playing with energy. Pull for the guy to succeed. I don’t understand some of you guys. If Lance plays well he helps this team a lot.

You don't understand that fans have players they like and players they don't? Lol, its not that complicated.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
The people who like Lance were the same people ooohhing and aaahhhhing while watching Nick Young.

And the people who hate Lance are the same people who always must find something, anything, to whine and moan about.

What a weird post, we have been dealing with players who have had issues in there life, do you not want Lance to succeed as a Laker?

Not really, dude has basically straight up admitted nothing he says is serious, he is just here to essentially troll. His own words in another thread.

Not my own words, your words, I have never used the word troll, that is a bastion for those who lack intelligent conversation. So you like guys who beat their girlfriends?

We’re talking about succeeding as a player. Why bring up allegations of his personal life. We’re talking basketball and neither you or anyone else should be judgemental of his personal life.
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

"Basically", "Essentially". And, yeah, basically, essentially what you said - want me to quote it? I quoted it in the FA thread for posterity's sake.

And, no, I do not. But, you still beating your wife?
I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God. - Baruch Spinoza
Barry Seal
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

WEAK and hypocrotical for a guy who had advocated and begged for the signings of sketchy off the court characters like Jarrett Jack and Darren Collison.🤔
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

Did you like Kobe Bryant?

I did
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

I did

Lol, that's a funny question for those who have been here longer than since 2011.

Anyways, lets not make this personal all. Every post quoted above violates the tone we're trying to encourage. Keep down the personal attacks. Focus on the player or the post, not posters or their perceived agendas/biases.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

[Deleted. Get back to talking basketball - LS]
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:00 pm    Post subject:

King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
King Randle wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
King Randle wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:

You don't understand that fans have players they like and players they don't? Lol, its not that complicated.

Yeah I’m not understanding not liking a player that makes the team better. I’m all about the team and if you make the team better I’m good with you.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
SD2Hollyweird wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:

I did

Lol, that's a funny question for those who have been here longer than since 2011.

Anyways, lets not make this personal all. Every post quoted above violates the tone we're trying to encourage. Keep down the personal attacks. Focus on the player or the post, not posters or their perceived agendas/biases.

Didn't mean it as a personal attack, nor did I mean it as a "did you watch the Lakers when Kobe was playing".

Just meant it as, even our franchise player had an alleged rape case, whether you believe it or not.

I personally don't look into players off the court too much, I'm a fan of the basketball players, their off court decisions don't really effect my stance. Otherwise I'd be a huge hypocrite cause Kobe is by far my favorite player of all time.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject:

^I appreciate that. And we should all try to keep these discussions basketball related. There was no reason for VLF to make that comment about beating a girlfriend, nor any reason to bring up Kobe in that context either. We're here to talk basketball and I hope we all can just do that.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:20 pm    Post subject:

I'd rather see Lance then Svi right now. LBJ going to need some backup. Svi could be and is the future. I think he will be more ready next year.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

The quality of this thread has devolved to the level of Lance's play.

As long as he isn't ISOing and jacking long, contested 2s, I won't mind him. I like when he looks to make plays and get to the basket. Did a good job of that last night, I'm guessing the coaching staff talked to him about the bad shots.
ZenMaster4President
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

WTF?

This has nothing to do with me preferring Svi and thus failing to see all the good, allegedly, Lance brings to the table.

Lance should not be facilitating, and he probably won't, as Rondo/Zo/Bron will be on the floor at all times.

So what is he there for? He is not a shooter. He isn't really a defender. He is, essentially, a Harlem Globetrotter who got lost.

There may be immediate, extremely marginal, benefits from playing him over Svi. But if you take future into account, Svi should be playing as much as possible, because we need players like him. We really have little use of players like Lance. Especially if he's gonna go 29% on us this season.

Regardless, LeBron seems to like Svi to the point of mentoring him the entire game. The guy will play, eventually, I just don't want another stupid Randle-off-the-bench type of deal... for no apparent reason.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 40 of 57
Jump to: