OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4165, 4166, 4167 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Overall Caruso is a better player than Bradley (at least from what we have saw this season so far)

Wonder would DET be interested in THT+2023 2nd for Rose? They probably are looking for 1st for Rose/Drummond/Morris
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject:

yes Caruso is better than Bradley
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Overall Caruso is a better player than Bradley (at least from what we have saw this season so far)

Wonder would DET be interested in THT+2023 2nd for Rose? They probably are looking for 1st for Rose/Drummond/Morris

If they can't get a 1st floor Drummond I doubt they get 1 for rose
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

If they can't get a 1st floor Drummond I doubt they get 1 for rose

Rose is on a cheap deal and signed for another year.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:41 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

I think they want a 1st for Rose, or a player like Kuz who has already established himself on a rookie deal and who isn't a rookie expiring. If they happened to really like both THT and Caruso, who knows, but I doubt it.

Morris has a cheap player option next season that he will almost certainly opt out of, so any team knows Morris is basically an expiring, so he certainly does not have first round value. Of course, the Pistons could attach Morris to Rose in the hope of landing a 1st, or at least a player of Kuz's caliber on a rookie deal that isn't an expiring.

Drummond also has a player option, which is why their attempts to deal him are not bearing the fruit that they desire, which, as you suggest, is probably a 1st and expiring salary. Teams aren't exactly clamoring to add what amounts to an expiring center for a 1st. Like, Atlanta can simply sign him for free in the offseason; why should they give up anything for him now? Why would any non-contender? As for the contenders, are any giving up a 1st for him? I suppose it's possible, but who knows.

Anyone willing to do Caruso and THT (and Daniels, for the necessary filler) for Bertans?
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:41 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
drae wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Question: if we sign Collison and don't make any trades, how many minutes can Caruso realistically get? Assuming no injuries, of course.

I would wager it would depend who we play, how we play, and how he plays. Caruso isn't a complete player, he's weak on driving to the rim and he's weak on playmaking but he's a great defensive guy, provides great energy, and when he's on his 3 ball is valuable. If we really need a defensive guard he sees time, if we need offense or playmaking I can see his time reduced.

Caruso is better than Bradley at basically all facets of the game. Difference is Caruso plays a bulk of minutes in bench units without Lebron where he has to do more to initiate offense.
if we take all the politics and pecking orders out the way our top 4 guards after a Collison signing would be: Collison/Green/KCP/Caruso in no particular order.

i don't think it's that cut & dry.. they both have types of players that they're weaker at guarding... Bradley would have been better on WB tonight.. Caruso doesn't try to impose himself and therefor Westbrook just ate up ground where he could, Caruso would give an inch and WB would take a mile.
Caruso is great vs a lot of players though.. and also, Bradley is a better off the dribble shot maker..and when given opportunity, a better passer in the P&R, in part because Caruso is really really bad playmaking in the halfcourt. He's not PG sized, and he doesn't have the prototypical small sized quickness and ability to get in crevices and playmake.. it's just not good.

totally disagree on the playmaking... Caruso has shown way more flashes of playmaking ability than Bradley this season and then the assists per 100 possessions this season or career between the two are not even close.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
drae wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Question: if we sign Collison and don't make any trades, how many minutes can Caruso realistically get? Assuming no injuries, of course.

I would wager it would depend who we play, how we play, and how he plays. Caruso isn't a complete player, he's weak on driving to the rim and he's weak on playmaking but he's a great defensive guy, provides great energy, and when he's on his 3 ball is valuable. If we really need a defensive guard he sees time, if we need offense or playmaking I can see his time reduced.

Caruso is better than Bradley at basically all facets of the game. Difference is Caruso plays a bulk of minutes in bench units without Lebron where he has to do more to initiate offense.
if we take all the politics and pecking orders out the way our top 4 guards after a Collison signing would be: Collison/Green/KCP/Caruso in no particular order.

i don't think it's that cut & dry.. they both have types of players that they're weaker at guarding... Bradley would have been better on WB tonight.. Caruso doesn't try to impose himself and therefor Westbrook just ate up ground where he could, Caruso would give an inch and WB would take a mile.
Caruso is great vs a lot of players though.. and also, Bradley is a better off the dribble shot maker..and when given opportunity, a better passer in the P&R, in part because Caruso is really really bad playmaking in the halfcourt. He's not PG sized, and he doesn't have the prototypical small sized quickness and ability to get in crevices and playmake.. it's just not good.

totally disagree on the playmaking... Caruso has shown way more flashes of playmaking ability than Bradley this season and then the assists per 100 possessions this season or career between the two are not even close.

I said when given opportunity.. Bradley was on a little run before he got hurt, of some nice playmaking , idk how often. but there were more P&R successful plays than Caruso has had this year.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Bojan Bogdanovic would have been a great FA signing at 17m this year. He has been crushing it for Utah recently.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject:

@audioaxes https://twitter.com/brosales12/status/1193733225501380609 this is what I saw through November too. he was making good passes pretty often.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:00 am    Post subject:

On Caruso/Bradley - they both have their strengths over the other. Caruso a better shooter from deep, slasher and playmaker, while Bradley is probably overall a more tenacious defender, and a better ball handler and shot creator, particularly in the mid range. Both have unique skill sets and it’d be wrong to put one over the other for now. I prefer Caruso long-term due to his contract and age, but it’s important to have both in the rotation
#18 next...
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:08 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Anyone willing to do Caruso and THT (and Daniels, for the necessary filler) for Bertans?

What’s the need if we’re not trading Kuz? We’d then have a logjam at PF (and no, AD’s not starting at C)

The only deal I can see happening for THT is if we get someone that is still relatively young, is on a contract past this year, and improves our overall rotation depth. I know some really don’t like Valentine but I think a Daniels/THT for Valentine swap makes a lot of sense, he really fills a need as a shooter/shot creator and can handle the ball pretty well, too, I can see him making an impact on our rotation

Guys like Burks and GRIII would be nice gets but I don’t think we should trade THT for them, they could be had for less as they’re on cheap, expiring deals
#18 next...
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:10 am    Post subject:

If we sign DC, can we cut Cousins, then cut some of the 2 way contracts and sign Cousins with a 2 way contract so he can still be in the team?
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:17 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Cook(only 1m guaranteed next year)/Av(player option next season)/2023 & 2024 2nds for Cory Joseph

alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:20 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Cook(only 1m guaranteed next year)/Av(player option next season)/2023 & 2024 2nds for Cory Joseph

Still confused me why Joseph ever got near his current contract
#18 next...
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:32 am    Post subject:

I don’t think I would trade kuzma, but will attempt to add to the team
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject:

There is no point tinkering for the sake of tinkering. It only leads to messing up the chemistry that has been built over months, and has led to an impressive 34-8 record.

Either add DC, or go for the massive blockbuster trade.

Last edited by Killer_Z on Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:39 am    Post subject:

Bradley will be needed to be that 15-16 minute defensive guy. The identity of this team is not we will outscore you. It is we will lock you down and then score on you. Bradley's defensive effort is huge for that. I would limit his minutes to same as McGee's unless his outside shot is falling. With AB, then Caruso. You can have a guy in the game throughout the 48 min who you know is giving 100% on D every possession and chasing guards like there is no tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

Kuzma against playoffs teams with no AD:

Game stats
@dallas : 26/6
@okc: 36/7
@houton: 23/8

Not bad for a 3rd year player getting paid 1.9m
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject:

No trades needed. Even Cook and Daniels have recently stepped up. The only way we should make a trade is a byproduct of the Collison signing. This team is going to get a ring. Don't fuccc with success (just a small fine tuning if possible).
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
No trades needed. Even Cook and Daniels have recently stepped up. The only way we should make a trade is a byproduct of the Collison signing. This team is going to get a ring. Don't fuccc with success (just a small fine tuning if possible).

Careful, we can always improve. We have no idea how we’re going to go on this Celtics/Sixers/Clippers stretch yet, we might lose to all three. Could well expose a few weaknesses that we need to improve upon
#18 next...
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Seems like I got a fan following me around in threads.

Let me guess...you could propose something betterand more realistic?

Oh yeah that's right...our FO can do no wrong with you. I'm sure you believe running Bron at full time point with Rondo as the only other practical option is perfectly sustainable if our ultimate goal is to extend our calendar into June. #CoolStoryBro

Oh look at Bron's total minutes compared to his younger less seasoned contemporaries in 40 games played...

https://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/?sort=MIN&dir=-1&Season=2019-20&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Totals&CF=GP*LE*40

RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:56 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Careful, we can always improve. We have no idea how we’re going to go on this Celtics/Sixers/Clippers stretch yet, we might lose to all three. Could well expose a few weaknesses that we need to improve upon

I hear what your saying and I am not being over confident. Every team has weakness, and they all can not be fixed. I see all these countless trade proposals and I see nothing that moves the envelope TBH. Collison is the move that does it for me. Helps improve our biggest weakness and he is free. Even with him, my expectations are tempered. However, because he is free, there is little risk (other than having to make a secondary move whether its a trade or having to release someone).
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I hear what your saying and I am not being over confident. Every team has weakness, and they all can not be fixed. I see all these countless trade proposals and I see nothing that moves the envelope TBH. Collison is the move that does it for me. Helps improve our biggest weakness and he is free. Even with him, my expectations are tempered. However, because he is free, there is no risk (other than having to make a secondary move whether its a trade or having to release someone).

The problem with Collison is he’s an unknown. Going off of previous seasons absolutely he’s an upgrade on Rondo, but will he have the reps needed to be successful? It’s why I’d be making a secondary move for another capable ball handler too, whether that be a larger trade for someone like Rose or a smaller move for, say, a Valentine
#18 next...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject:

The biggest game will be against the Clippers I can’t see the Lakers FO standing pat at the trade deadline if the Clippers end up having there way against us 3 times because that wouldn’t sit well with the team, Celtics game is pretty huge as well because the Lakers always want to beat the green bastards...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:04 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
The biggest game will be against the Clippers I can’t see the Lakers FO standing pat at the trade deadline if the Clippers end up having there way against us 3 times because that wouldn’t sit well with the team, Celtics game is pretty huge as well because the Lakers always want to beat the green bastards...

Clippers had their way against us in last game? We up in double digits and couldn't make a shot in 2nd half
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4165, 4166, 4167 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4166 of 8560
Jump to: