OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4166, 4167, 4168 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
The biggest game will be against the Clippers I can’t see the Lakers FO standing pat at the trade deadline if the Clippers end up having there way against us 3 times because that wouldn’t sit well with the team, Celtics game is pretty huge as well because the Lakers always want to beat the green bastards...

Clippers had their way against us in last game? We up in double digits and couldn't make a shot in 2nd half

I know what your saying but that doesn’t change the fact that the Clippers would be 3-0 in the season series which would be a pretty bad look, we need to win the game against the Clippers in a convincing fashion.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Some championship mettle shown tonight. Down AD and they are fighting hard. Chemistry and leadership is amazing.

Which is what you get when you have a team with character guys like Green, Bradley, Caruso, Dwight (yes even Dwight), Rondo etc. This team plays for the front of the jersey.

Not about player development - team development. Not about stats. Wins. This is Lakers culture.

We need to keep working towards getting better as a team. No way we would be scoring like this early in the season without AD. Heck a month ago this would not be possible. We are playing this well because Kuzma, KCP, and others have figured out their spots in the offense. We are seeing a lot more sets where the players are moving into their spots quicker and also willing to take shots or make plays. Dwights screens are just magnificent - its like he creates a shot every time he sets those screens as the freedom the ballhandler gets after a Dwight Howard screen is a wide open jumper.

But we still need a better backup PG and a big wing defender. Get those and we can win this. Don’t and our margins are so small.

True, the bench is still the weakness.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:18 am    Post subject:

STiG909 wrote:
I’m all for keeping Kuz, but what would it take to trade him for Siakam? I couldn’t get any scenarios to work on the trade machine.

Add AD.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:20 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
The player that deserves to be cut is Rondo.

Or Cousins. At least Rondo is good one game out of a dozen.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Cousins seems the most logical option as he is not playing but I'm not sure if AD would like that.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

It’ll be interesting to see if we think it’s worth keeping Cousins for chemistry reasons, or whether he gets used as salary filler in a trade (probably won’t get cut). See if we think he’s important to how we gel off the court
#18 next...
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

It’ll be interesting to see if we think it’s worth keeping Cousins for chemistry reasons, or whether he gets used as salary filler in a trade (probably won’t get cut). See if we think he’s important to how we gel off the court

I think the Lakers want to keep Cousins so they can offer him $4.2m next year as a free agent.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:34 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=wvkcbhj

Why for Lakers?

They get Covington, who is a big versatile forward that could defend the likes of Kahwii and PG. I'm not that crazy about the guy tbh, but he is locked up under a reasonable contract for the next 3 years or so. He could be the missing piece for the Lakers in their title hopes the next couple season. Trading Bradley frees up a log jam in the back court and also alleviates us of paying Bradley his 6 million or so salary the next two seasons to sit on the bench. Caruso basically does the same thing that he does. Vonleh is filler. This trade also opens up a roster spot for Collison.

Why for Cavs?

They are able to unload the disgruntled Love and his huge contract. They get a young replacement power forward still on his rookie deal for another year and a half in Kuzma. Dieng and Bradley are nothing to write home about, but they are ok players with only 2 years left on their deals, which makes it easier to unload than the massive Love contract. Unfortunately for them, they have to surrender a young asset in Garland as the price of unloading Love, but at lease they get another young asset in return. They seem to have duplicate assets in Garland and Sexton anyway at the point guard position, so they at least upgrade a position in need and alleviate the point guard log jam.

Why for Wolves?

They get Love back, except this time he is not depended on to be the franchise player. He would seem to compliment Towns nicely in the front court. In the process, they unload Dieng, who isn't really the best fit with Towns. They also get a sweet shooting young point guard in Garland to replace Teague at point guard. Side note: It would be funny if the Wolves included Wiggins in this deal instead of Dieng.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

I think the Lakers want to keep Cousins so they can offer him $4.2m next year as a free agent.

That would be really stupid.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject:

OT: crazy that Sacramento signed Dedmond to a three year deal in July, and by January Luke has told him he’s out of the rotation (prompting a public trade request). How does that happen?
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:43 am    Post subject:

My 2 cents... The only trade that has been brought up that I would probably make is Kuzma and fillers for Bogdan.. Other than that, I would still be shopping Cook and/or Daniels along with a 2nd to see what I could get (probably nothing) because if we were to sign Collision and by some chance Iguodala, we would most likely waive those 2 players anyway...

On another topic... who would you guys rather have on this team, Jeff Green or Jae Crowder?
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:44 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
OT: crazy that Sacramento signed Dedmond to a three year deal in July, and by January Luke has told him he’s out of the rotation (prompting a public trade request). How does that happen?

Richaun Holmes made the leap. He wasn’t going to play much this year but Bagley got hurt in the first game of the season. Holmes took the opportunity and ran with it. There have been stretches where Holmes has literally been the best player on the floor for the Kings. They need to play him 30+ minutes because he’s earned it.

Last edited by L4L on Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:45 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

He underperformed. The Kings will be the Kings. Dedmond hit that 30 yo wall.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:46 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

I know you’re joking but in all seriousness, there’s no way Cousins gets more than the minimum next year
#18 next...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:50 am    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=wvkcbhj

Why for Lakers?

They get Covington, who is a big versatile forward that could defend the likes of Kahwii and PG. I'm not that crazy about the guy tbh, but he is locked up under a reasonable contract for the next 3 years or so. He could be the missing piece for the Lakers in their title hopes the next couple season. Trading Bradley frees up a log jam in the back court and also alleviates us of paying Bradley his 6 million or so salary the next two seasons to sit on the bench. Caruso basically does the same thing that he does. Vonleh is filler. This trade also opens up a roster spot for Collison.

Why for Cavs?

They are able to unload the disgruntled Love and his huge contract. They get a young replacement power forward still on his rookie deal for another year and a half in Kuzma. Dieng and Bradley are nothing to write home about, but they are ok players with only 2 years left on their deals, which makes it easier to unload than the massive Love contract. Unfortunately for them, they have to surrender a young asset in Garland as the price of unloading Love, but at lease they get another young asset in return. They seem to have duplicate assets in Garland and Sexton anyway at the point guard position, so they at least upgrade a position in need and alleviate the point guard log jam.

Why for Wolves?

They get Love back, except this time he is not depended on to be the franchise player. He would seem to compliment Towns nicely in the front court. In the process, they unload Dieng, who isn't really the best fit with Towns. They also get a sweet shooting young point guard in Garland to replace Teague at point guard. Side note: It would be funny if the Wolves included Wiggins in this deal instead of Dieng.

No
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject:

L4L wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Richaun Holmes made the leap. He wasn’t going to play much this year but Bagley got hurt in the first game of the season. Holmes took the opportunity and ran with it. There have been stretches where Holmes has literally been the best player on the floor for the Kings. They need to play him 30+ minutes because he’s earned it.

Seems like Bagley is always hurt
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject:

cital wrote:
My 2 cents... The only trade that has been brought up that I would probably make is Kuzma and fillers for Bogdan.. Other than that, I would still be shopping Cook and/or Daniels along with a 2nd to see what I could get (probably nothing) because if we were to sign Collision and by some chance Iguodala, we would most likely waive those 2 players anyway...

On another topic... who would you guys rather have on this team, Jeff Green or Jae Crowder?

Are we trading for Bogdan and then paying him this summer?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
STiG909 wrote:
I’m all for keeping Kuz, but what would it take to trade him for Siakam? I couldn’t get any scenarios to work on the trade machine.

Add AD.

NOT
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject:

Bagley over Doncic
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:02 am    Post subject:

If Kuz Keeps playing like he did yesterday he is gonna stay

The players we will likely dangle to add some talent is: Bradley/Caruso/THT/Cook/Daniels
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Bagley over Doncic

Marvin Bagley is actually a pretty nice prospect but yeah the Kings and Suns .. messed up.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:07 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Kuz Kees playing like he did yesterday he is gonna stay

The players we will likely dangle to add some talent is: Bradley/Caruso/THT/Cook/Daniels

We won’t dangle Caruso, Bradley could be but only if we get a guard logjam

If we can get Collison and Valentine I think I’ll be happy, gives us a bit more overall shot creating, playmaking and shooting power
#18 next...
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:23 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Bagley over Doncic

That’s gotta sting
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:38 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

I know you’re joking but in all seriousness, there’s no way Cousins gets more than the minimum next year

I am not joking. The Lakers want to keep Cousin's next year and be able to offer him something above the minimum without using any of the exceptions. I wouldn't be shocked if Cousin's ends his career as a Laker.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

I am not joking. The Lakers want to keep Cousin's next year and be able to offer him something above the minimum without using any of the exceptions. I wouldn't be shocked if Cousin's ends his career as a Laker.

Why you need to offer more then vet min when the guy is now out for nearly 2 seasons
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4166, 4167, 4168 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4167 of 8560
Jump to: