OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4167, 4168, 4169 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
cital wrote:
My 2 cents... The only trade that has been brought up that I would probably make is Kuzma and fillers for Bogdan.. Other than that, I would still be shopping Cook and/or Daniels along with a 2nd to see what I could get (probably nothing) because if we were to sign Collision and by some chance Iguodala, we would most likely waive those 2 players anyway...

On another topic... who would you guys rather have on this team, Jeff Green or Jae Crowder?

Are we trading for Bogdan and then paying him this summer?

Thats a good point... I wonder if he would take a 1 year max deal? Probably not, but I don't see how else we keep him, I don't think our front office gives up on the Giannis dream.

I actually believe Davis will sign a 1 + 1 deal with us this summer and opt out again (if healthy) summer of 2021.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:50 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
The player that deserves to be cut is Rondo.

Or Cousins. At least Rondo is good one game out of a dozen.

It’ll be interesting to see if we think it’s worth keeping Cousins for chemistry reasons, or whether he gets used as salary filler in a trade (probably won’t get cut). See if we think he’s important to how we gel off the court

I think the Lakers want to keep Cousins so they can offer him $4.2m next year as a free agent.

I know you’re joking but in all seriousness, there’s no way Cousins gets more than the minimum next year

I am not joking. The Lakers want to keep Cousin's next year and be able to offer him something above the minimum without using any of the exceptions. I wouldn't be shocked if Cousin's ends his career as a Laker.

Why you need to offer more then vet min when the guy is now out for nearly 2 seasons

Why not offer him the $4.2 if we can? It doesn't cut into the BAE or the MLE?

There is no guarantee that a team doesn't decide that when looking at the risk/reward, that it makes sense to offer him more than the min. Do I think someone will offer him $10m a year - no. Do I think there are teams that will offer him $4-5m a year - yes.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

It’ll be interesting to see if we think it’s worth keeping Cousins for chemistry reasons, or whether he gets used as salary filler in a trade (probably won’t get cut). See if we think he’s important to how we gel off the court

I think the Lakers want to keep Cousins so they can offer him $4.2m next year as a free agent.

I know you’re joking but in all seriousness, there’s no way Cousins gets more than the minimum next year

I am not joking. The Lakers want to keep Cousin's next year and be able to offer him something above the minimum without using any of the exceptions. I wouldn't be shocked if Cousin's ends his career as a Laker.

Why you need to offer more then vet min when the guy is now out for nearly 2 seasons

There is no guarantee that a team doesn't decide that when looking at the risk/reward, that it makes sense to offer him more than the min. Do I think someone will offer him $10m a year - no. Do I think there are teams that will offer him $4-5m a year - yes.

Nobody offered him more this year. Another year gone with injury. I doubt any team offers him anything closer to 4/5mil
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Nobody offered him more this year. Another year gone with injury. I doubt any team offers him anything closer to 4/5mil

Ever offseason has different dynamics. A team like Portland that has just missed the playoffs might think the reward outweighs the risk. GSW could use him again now that they are trying to win. It is hard to know what teams will do when we are discussing a player in 4-5m range.

He is still <30, two years removed from Achilles, been a relatively good teammate for 2 years surrounded by vets and winning cultures. Giving him 4-5m isn’t that outrageous. It isn’t like say a Deng is Moz deal.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:29 pm    Post subject:

suggestion: Bradley & Cook to NY for Payton and Trier
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
cital wrote:
My 2 cents... The only trade that has been brought up that I would probably make is Kuzma and fillers for Bogdan.. Other than that, I would still be shopping Cook and/or Daniels along with a 2nd to see what I could get (probably nothing) because if we were to sign Collision and by some chance Iguodala, we would most likely waive those 2 players anyway...

On another topic... who would you guys rather have on this team, Jeff Green or Jae Crowder?

Thats a good point... I wonder if he would take a 1 year max deal? Probably not, but I don't see how else we keep him, I don't think our front office gives up on the Giannis dream.

I actually believe Davis will sign a 1 + 1 deal with us this summer and opt out again (if healthy) summer of 2021.

You can still trade Bogdan in the summer of 2021 to open up cap space for Giannis, if necessary. Also, AD is looking likely to sign a 2+1 deal, just like Kawhi did, so that it gets him to the 10+ year max contract level on his next deal. Also allows him to assess where the Lakers are a bit sooner than if he committed for the full max deal.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

He might have
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Let some other team make that mistake
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Isn’t Payton just young Rondo?
#18 next...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:43 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He gives us another weapon at the PG spot and he’s more reliable then Rondo for sure.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He gives us another weapon at the PG spot and he’s more reliable then Rondo for sure.

Is he though? He’s shooting 23% from deep so I can’t see him working with Bron at all when both are on the court. We need a PG that has good shooting, or someone like Rose who is very good at creating his own shot
#18 next...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Payton is a better penetrating passer than Rondo, so that would help AD. also a much better defender than Rondo.. but yea he can't shoot so that makes it difficult w Bron
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Payton is a better penetrating passer than Rondo, so that would help AD. also a much better defender than Rondo.. but yea he can't shoot so that makes it difficult w Bron

I think I’m at the point where I’d just love to have a very offensively-capable PG, we have Caruso, Bradley, Green and KCP as our guard/small forward defenders. Someone that can run the offense and help score by either being more than capable from outside or creating their own shot inside

Where Rondo’s hurting us isn’t necessarily on defense IMO, it’s his slow pace and decision making combined with his lack of strength and shooting inconsistency
#18 next...
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Just saw a post from Vincent ellis on Instagram
The #Lakers are seeking a potential deal to acquire #Wizards G Bradley Beal before the trade deadline. The "ideal thought' is to package F Kyle Kuzma and future first round pick in offer, Per Vincent Ellis.

The Instagram page is @Lakersonline

21k followers
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Is he though? He’s shooting 23% from deep so I can’t see him working with Bron at all when both are on the court. We need a PG that has good shooting, or someone like Rose who is very good at creating his own shot

If we were to get Payton hopefully Lethal shooter can work his magic he’s done a amazing job with KCP.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Lol that’s false, how can we give the Wizards a first?
#18 next...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
The #Lakers are seeking a potential deal to acquire #Wizards G Bradley Beal before the trade deadline. The "ideal thought' is to package F Kyle Kuzma and future first round pick in offer, Per Vincent Ellis.

21k followers

Sounds bogus
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

Inspector Gadget wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

If we were to get Payton hopefully Lethal shooter can work his magic he’s done a amazing job with KCP.

Yeah that’s fair, although it might be hard to teach a man to shoot in 2 months but hey anything’s possible
#18 next...
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

logical24 wrote:

21k followers

Lakers don't have the salary to trade for Beal.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

You don't make a trade unless it clearly makes us better. This trade doesn't move the needle enough risk chemistry.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
logical24 wrote:

21k followers

Actually, we do. HOWEVER...

Beal cannot be traded until April, due to the extension he signed in October. In other words, he can't be traded until the offseason.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

You don't make a trade unless it clearly makes us better. This trade doesn't move the needle enough risk chemistry.

The trade Improves our PG spot and Alonzo Trier is a worse version of Lou Williams but I respect your opinion
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:25 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
logical24 wrote:

21k followers

Actually, we do. HOWEVER...

Beal cannot be traded until April, due to the extension he signed in October. In other words, he can't be traded until the offseason.

We do if we wanted to gut the team. Even if he could be traded before April, it would take 4 or 5 players to trade for him.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
cital wrote:

Giannis isn't coming to LA. As he's said before he prefers small markets; probably a Buck for years to come...I'd hate to hold out ala Leonard, when we could get good players, that want to be here...
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

The trade Improves our PG spot and Alonzo Trier is a worse version of Lou Williams but I respect your opinion

There are two sides of the court. Bradley has his role defensively. Trier has been bad this year.

Last edited by LakerMindLA on Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4167, 4168, 4169 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4168 of 8560
Jump to: