OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4455, 4456, 4457 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject:

Rant

Imagine if somebody had the luck to pair Ingram and Tatum

/Rant
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Rant

/Rant

Well we would have had LBJ/AD and one of Tatum/Ingram. Talk about a game-changer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Rant

/Rant

They’d be on the Pelicans no? Maybe we wouldn’t lose all those draft picks. Who knows.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Rant

/Rant

Well we would have had LBJ/AD and one of Tatum/Ingram. Talk about a game-changer.

You never know. Maybe if Ingram had stayed here with Lebron and AD he wouldn't have blossomed like he did as the main man in a lower-pressure environment like New Orleans.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject:

I don't think that Ainge trades down to #3 if he thought that Magic would draft Tatum instead of Ball at #2. It was obvious that Magic wanted to draft Ball. His love of being in the spotlight made it impossible for Magic to keep a secret.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
I don't think that Ainge trades down to #3 if he thought that Magic would draft Tatum instead of Ball at #2. It was obvious that Magic wanted to draft Ball. His love of being in the spotlight made it impossible for Magic to keep a secret.

Whoever the #2 was, they were likely heading to Nawlins anyways. I guess since they wanted Tatum so bad, we could have had AD a lil bit earlier and not completely (bleep) away Bron’s first year here.

That #2 was big though in regards to getting AD and if you want to look to Magic in another light, before Rob came on, had he not traded Lou to Htown for Brew and the 28th pick (which would later become Hart & TB), then Lou probably hurts our tanking attempt and we lose the lottery pick if it was outside top 3, to Philly. Not only that, but we would have lost our 2019 1st to Orlando (which we ended up using also in the AD trade as the #4 overall pick) had Philly taken our 2017 1st if it fell outside top 3. Instead Orlando got our 2017 and 2018 2nd rounders instead, while Philly got our 2018 1st (Bridges).

So no matter if it was Tatum or Zo at #2 in 2017, that dude was gone for AD.

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Rant

/Rant

And then trading BI, Tatum for AD
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
If we sign Cousins it should be without it having any impact to the cap.

I think its a forgone conclusion that if he is signed next season, it will be for the vets min. As for this season, I never expected him to be jettisoned. The Lakers pride themselves on taking care of players and never thought they would do Boogie dirty. I can not remember a player attending EVERY game while out with a long term injury. We also have to factor in the relationship between AD and Boogie. The last thing the FO would want is to alienate AD. If we get Boogie back this year or next, great. If not, so be it. I am rooting for him, because he clearly has had some adversity as of late.

1. I don't think there's any foregone conclusions about what will happen with Cousins next year.

2. The Lakers have handed some nice farewell packages to a few superstars (Kareem, Kobe, and Worthy), but overall I don't think we treat players any better than any other team. We traded Gasol and Odom after they helped us win rings, and we've traded a bunch of other players without a second thought. Like every other team in the NBA, we act in our own best interest
kevin_405
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Lakers r in no hurry to pick up waiters or Thomas. Seems odd considering the bench performance day in and day out.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Man, I was arguing Kuzma was Tatum like last season, c’mon Kuz!!!
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Whoever the #2 was, they were likely heading to Nawlins anyways. I guess since they wanted Tatum so bad, we could have had AD a lil bit earlier and not completely (bleep) away Bron’s first year here.

That #2 was big though in regards to getting AD and if you want to look to Magic in another light, before Rob came on, had he not traded Lou to Htown for Brew and the 28th pick (which would later become Hart & TB), then Lou probably hurts our tanking attempt and we lose the lottery pick if it was outside top 3, to Philly. Not only that, but we would have lost our 2019 1st to Orlando (which we ended up using also in the AD trade as the #4 overall pick) had Philly taken our 2017 1st if it fell outside top 3. Instead Orlando got our 2017 and 2018 2nd rounders instead, while Philly got our 2018 1st (Bridges).

If we had Tatum and Ingram, I highly doubt we trade for AD.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

If we had Tatum and Ingram, I highly doubt we trade for AD.

We’ll never really know...but me personally, I trade for AD using those 2 no problem, especially with Bron already here.

The only thing I didn’t like about the deal is that we gave up in a max extension via his trade kicker to lock him up ASAP once we whiffed on Kawhi....and also we lost complete control of our future draft capital for a dude that literally forced his way here. Lastly, we couldn’t even have Griff wait 30 days so that we could aggregate the #4 pick (ie 7.1m) and possibly spare other assets necessary to trade for AD while etching our cap space fur a 3rd max. Technically if the #4 pick was signed and traded 30 days later in an aggregated package, BI’s salary (or Zo/Tatum however you want to look at it) wasn’t necessary to complete the deal and at the very least if Nawlins has to have BI/Zo, then Hart, Moe, JJ and 2022 2nd are spared.

Anyways, I do the AD trade over and over again, but differently. If it means Tatum and BI, so be it, but then you HAVE to spare the other assets we ended up losing also.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo > Ingram
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:06 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Lonzo > Ingram

You > Wild’n
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:02 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Lonzo > Ingram

Bruh c'mon. Only in terms of impact in winning games.
Everything else, BI tops Zo.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Mamba81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:43 am    Post subject:

when it comes to ingram and lonzo you cant even use the argument that lonzo has greater impact on team's success anymore
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:27 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

I think its a forgone conclusion that if he is signed next season, it will be for the vets min. As for this season, I never expected him to be jettisoned. The Lakers pride themselves on taking care of players and never thought they would do Boogie dirty. I can not remember a player attending EVERY game while out with a long term injury. We also have to factor in the relationship between AD and Boogie. The last thing the FO would want is to alienate AD. If we get Boogie back this year or next, great. If not, so be it. I am rooting for him, because he clearly has had some adversity as of late.

1. I don't think there's any foregone conclusions about what will happen with Cousins next year.

2. The Lakers have handed some nice farewell packages to a few superstars (Kareem, Kobe, and Worthy), but overall I don't think we treat players any better than any other team. We traded Gasol and Odom after they helped us win rings, and we've traded a bunch of other players without a second thought. Like every other team in the NBA, we act in our own best interest

My opinion is that Boogie is attached to AD. If he is able to play next season, it will be with the Lakers. As far as our treatment of players, there are countless articles of how good the Lakers (or the Buss family) treat their players. Gasol and Odom (and a few others like Glen Rice) are the exception and not the norm.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:12 am    Post subject:

Honestly, it's long overdue. But I still think we need to do this:

1. formalize Caruso taking most of Rondo's minutes/duties. Rondo becomes the Jared Dudley of the point guard rotation. Break in case of emergency.

2. still would look for a shot creator from the wing position. Best options likely Waiters (Pelinka and Klutch connection) or JR Smith (we've reached that point. Yikes).

3. Still need a big wing defender. Of course Mo Harkless is the #1 choice. But if he's not available, still need to address this. At this juncture we aren't going to find any really good players, but we still do need a big wing defender. (we've been saying this since...well, July 2019 ).
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject:

All I can say is I have no idea why Lakers/Magic didn't even work out Tatum, it makes me downright angry that they didn't do their due diligence.
As for all the later events (AD trade etc.) that's calling for foreknowledge - who can say how things would have unfolded if the alternative path was taken.
What matters at any given time for any exec is that they do the best they can with the information they have and leave no stone unturned. Then let the chips fall where they may.

epic_ wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Rant

/Rant

And then trading BI, Tatum for AD
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

1. formalize Caruso taking most of Rondo's minutes/duties. Rondo becomes the Jared Dudley of the point guard rotation. Break in case of emergency.

2. still would look for a shot creator from the wing position. Best options likely Waiters (Pelinka and Klutch connection) or JR Smith (we've reached that point. Yikes).

3. Still need a big wing defender. Of course Mo Harkless is the #1 choice. But if he's not available, still need to address this. At this juncture we aren't going to find any really good players, but we still do need a big wing defender. (we've been saying this since...well, July 2019 ).

Rondo is 4th best player on roster, after LBJ, AD and DH.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:55 am    Post subject:

rogers49 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Rondo is 4th best player on roster, after LBJ, AD and DH.

Not sure if this is satire. It is so far from the truth I don't even know how to address this.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Caruso has never played a full 82 or a playoff schedule, maybe and hopefully Wednesday was a preview of what will be unleashed in 2nd half of season to keep him fresh
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:16 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

My opinion is that Boogie is attached to AD. If he is able to play next season, it will be with the Lakers. As far as our treatment of players, there are countless articles of how good the Lakers (or the Buss family) treat their players. Gasol and Odom (and a few others like Glen Rice) are the exception and not the norm.

In the context of trading players, I don't think the Lakers are any different than any other teams. If you mean how they treat players in some other way, I'm not exactly sure what the other way you mean is.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

4. Work with the team to incorporate some set plays and also some off ball actions.

If you do those, I think we can get away with Rondo who we should only play when Lebron sits.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

4. Work with the team to incorporate some set plays and also some off ball actions.

If you do those, I think we can get away with Rondo who we should only play when Lebron sits.

If we are running set plays, I'd rather have Caruso then b/c of the defensive impact.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4455, 4456, 4457 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4456 of 8560
Jump to: