OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4492, 4493, 4494 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Besides the Clippers and perhaps the Bucks, what other team would Lebron need to play 42 mpg for us to have a chance? I think against the other teams, Lebron can give us 37 mpg and we'll be fine. I'm not even worried about him going 40+ when considering the way Lebron rests on the court.

He averaged 42 mpg in his last postseason and he was visibly gassed when he played the Warriors. And this was when he was 33. Playing him 40mpg will catch up to us, especially if we make it to the Finals and end up playing the Bucks. They will run us into the ground.

EDIT: He also played 41 minutes in our last game against Denver.

Last edited by pjiddy on Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
That Harkless update gives me real hope that he’s gonna get bought out hopefully we don’t get spurned again when that happens.

I think that we still end up with Collison and Harkless.

Didn’t Collison say he’s staying retired this season?

and Harkless loves the Knicks. But they say "yes" to a shot at a championship.

Last edited by Darkndeep on Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Besides the Clippers and perhaps the Bucks, what other team would Lebron need to play 42 mpg for us to have a chance? I think against the other teams, Lebron can give us 37 mpg and we'll be fine. I'm not even worried about him going 40+ when considering the way Lebron rests on the court.

He averaged 42 mpg in his last postseason and he was visibly gassed when he played the Warriors. And this was when he was 33. Playing him 40mpg will catch up to us, especially if we make it to the Finals and end up playing the Bucks. They will run us into the ground.

So if he only has to play 40+ against those 2 teams (and it's not a guarantee we play those 2 teams), he wouldn't average 42. And wouldn't be gassed right?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
To be fair, Havlicek had like 47K mins at 35. Lebron has around 10K more than that right now on his legs.

There also wasn't nearly as much running in that era.

Yeah. And that just means we should rest him when we can. Everyone is so binary these days. Havlicek did it so everyone else can. Reality just doesn’t work that way.

We should still rest him when we can and work to be better when he sits.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:

So if he only has to play 40+ against those 2 teams (and it's not a guarantee we play those 2 teams), he wouldn't average 42. And wouldn't be gassed right?

*SHrug*. We don't know. He only played 36 minutes against Houston, who was pretty much in control of the entire game. Would he have to play more for us to beat them? Or do they run too much for us? It's honestly hard to say how well we'll do against certain teams in the playoffs.

I'm very concerned with our poor offense. Teams will have time to scheme against in the playoffs and I'm concerned that, for whatever reason, we don't counter well. I think part of our late season struggles can be partially ascribed to the fact that we were a whole new beast of a team the first 30 games of the season, and since then, teams have had time to figure us out. They will have even more time to figure us out in the playoffs. We're already undersized on the wing and prone to abuse by big wings (who more than any other player type swing a playoff series) and our shooting seems to run more cold than hot.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject:

There are no back to backs in the playoffs. Also no travel against the clippers. And usually a few days off before the finals start if we even get there.

Playing at home against the clippers is a huge advantage that other teams don't have. One entire series of sleeping in your own bed, training in your own facility, family time, etc. Lebron should be fine.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:

*SHrug*. We don't know. He only played 36 minutes against Houston, who was pretty much in control of the entire game. Would he have to play more for us to beat them? Or do they run too much for us? It's honestly hard to say how well we'll do against certain teams in the playoffs.

I'm very concerned with our poor offense. Teams will have time to scheme against in the playoffs and I'm concerned that, for whatever reason, we don't counter well. I think part of our late season struggles can be partially ascribed to the fact that we were a whole new beast of a team the first 30 games of the season, and since then, teams have had time to figure us out. They will have even more time to figure us out in the playoffs. We're already undersized on the wing and prone to abuse by big wings (who more than any other player type swing a playoff series) and our shooting seems to run more cold than hot.

Concern for the offense is real.
On the other hand, the Lakers will have more time to prep and gameplan with their defense as well.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
There are no back to backs in the playoffs. Also no travel against the clippers. And usually a few days off before the finals start if we even get there.

Playing at home against the clippers is a huge advantage that other teams don't have. One entire series of sleeping in your own bed, training in your own facility, family time, etc. Lebron should be fine.

well, we haven't had to travel to play them in the regular season either and still haven't beaten them.

and dudes gas in the playoffs, plain and simple. We see it with Harden now almost every postseason. It definitely happened to Lebron in 2018.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:30 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:

On the other hand, the Lakers will have more time to prep and gameplan with their defense as well.

They will def need top notch defensive scheming, which i believe the staff to be capable of. But no amount of scheming will compensate for our lack of size on the wing. It's gonna be a problem.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:

They will def need top notch defensive scheming, which i believe the staff to be capable of. But no amount of scheming will compensate for our lack of size on the wing. It's gonna be a problem.

You mean quality size on the wings with an assumption that Kuz will be bad right? Also, against which teams do you see this as a detriment? Clippers?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:37 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:

To be fair, Lebron has a much better team this season. He had zero help the last time outside of Love who is meh.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Harkless calls playing for the Knicks a "dream come true"

Quote:
"It means a lot to me, being from the city, growing up watching the Knicks, loving the Knicks. Being here is a great feeling. I'm excited and grateful. It's a dream come true," Harkless told reporters. "I was a Knicks fan growing up. I loved watching the Knicks on TV, I loved coming to the Garden for games when I could. And I actually played at the Garden in college, too, so it's like I've come full circle now."

looks like his chances of getting bought out are slim to none

If I were the Knicks, I wouldn't buy him out. I'd rather hold onto him in case he became useful in a sign-and-trade deal. A couple of million, which is probably all he'd give up, would be meaningless.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Warriors was on another level. Lebron could have played the whole game and the Cavs could have run Lebron ball and still not beating that team. Bucks has Giannis and bunch of role players. I won’t be surprise if they can’t get out of the East when coaches have enough time to figure time them out .

Lebron will play 40 plus minutes in any game in the playoff if necessarily , that’s given. We are all in, no point of loooking ahead when you can’t take care of what in front of you.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject:

THT backup PG!

https://twitter.com/showtimeforum/status/1230284419287539712?s=21

Better than Rondo right? Right????
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Moe Harkless addresses buyout rumors

Quote:
Despite his love for New York, it’s in Harkless’ best interest to seek a buyout and join a contender. For one, the Knicks are in limbo with their lineups and rotations. Interim head coach Mike Miller is going to be balancing winning with developing the youth and it’s hard to see where Harkless fits into that picture.

Moreover, the defensive-minded wing is in the final year of his contract. It would be foolish to prioritize his development over that of young lottery picks like Kevin Knox and Frank Ntilikina.

https://elitesportsny.com/2020/02/19/new-york-knicks-practice-notes-moe-harkless-addresses-buyout-rumors/

https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-news-moe-harkless-has-yet-to-initiate-buyout-talks-with-new-york/
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:53 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:
Despite his love for New York, it’s in Harkless’ best interest to seek a buyout and join a contender. For one, the Knicks are in limbo with their lineups and rotations. Interim head coach Mike Miller is going to be balancing winning with developing the youth and it’s hard to see where Harkless fits into that picture.

Moreover, the defensive-minded wing is in the final year of his contract. It would be foolish to prioritize his development over that of young lottery picks like Kevin Knox and Frank Ntilikina.

https://elitesportsny.com/2020/02/19/new-york-knicks-practice-notes-moe-harkless-addresses-buyout-rumors/

https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-news-moe-harkless-has-yet-to-initiate-buyout-talks-with-new-york/

He also has some advantages in staying in New York where they have his bird rights. The Knicks may want to sign him again. Or he may be able to use them in a sign-and-trade deal which could be valuable with next year's tight cap space.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Since Harkless wouldn't technically cut into Rondo or Bradley's time (more like Kuzma's), hopefully neither would fight their agent too hard on him coming here.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Denver, Utah, Houston
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:07 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Harkless is no longer a youth? If I’m the Knicks I prefer having him over Knox.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:08 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Denver, Utah, Houston

Possibly, no, and no

Although all 3 of those teams will require Kawhi playing 40+ minutes. I do hope his leg is up to it
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Why would the Knicks do that? Knox is a young developing player while Harkless is pretty much who he is. Of course they are the Knicks but your point is not making sense when you are in rebuilding mode.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Denver, Utah, Houston

Possibly, no, and no

Although all 3 of those teams will require Kawhi playing 40+ minutes. I do hope his leg is up to it

I think we match up with Denver extremely well and I don't see Lebron needing to go crazy minutes besides maybe a game or two. Utah, def. not.

Houston is a bit of a wild card. I could see them shooting lights out for a game or two and blowing us out in on of those games but I also could see us blowing them out several times when the shot isn't falling as well and then a few closer games. I see us ultimately taking them out but I could see scenarios where Lebron has to play lower minutes and 40+. That one is still a wait and see for me at least.

Really, the only team i'm worried about in the western conference is the Clippers and I think that is much more narrow then many are trying to pretend it is even after there redundant (but added depth) signings. I also don't think the Bucks are as unbeatable as some here pretend they are against us. Last game we played them Giannis had one of if not his best game as a pro from distance. That's not going to happen consistently over an entire series. They're still an extremely tough match up and I could see it going either way but in no way do I see them the clear cut favorites.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:32 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Why would the Knicks do that? Knox is a young developing player while Harkless is pretty much who he is. Of course they are the Knicks but your point is not making sense when you are in rebuilding mode.

Harkless is 27 years old this May which means he's entering his prime. To put that in perspective he's almost as old as Kawhi who's so old he's breaking down.

Kevin Knox is 20 years old. VCF merely wants to keep Harkless away from the Lakers
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:00 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
CRoost wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Harkless is 27 years old this May which means he's entering his prime. To put that in perspective he's almost as old as Kawhi who's so old he's breaking down.

Kevin Knox is 20 years old. VCF merely wants to keep Harkless away from the Lakers

If I were Harkless, I would seek buyout and come to us because we have a role for him . This would give him more chance to showcase himself and get another nice contract.

The Knicks has been missing out on marquee free agents for awhile now . Time for them to develop their young players and make their team somewhat promising so when their 2021 plan comes, theymight be enticing enough to lure them.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject:

This Harkless stuff is really strange. I still don’t think he’ll be bought out, but a playoff rotation like this is absolutely elite:

LBJ - Caruso
AB - KCP
Green - Harkless
Davis - Kuzma
McGee - Howard
#18 next...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4492, 4493, 4494 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4493 of 8560
Jump to: