OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4603, 4604, 4605 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BRI will be down, the salary cap is expected to drop and it is doubtful that teams are willing to spend in the offseason. Especially with 2020-2021 still in question. KCP opting out would be his worst decision. Klutch will probably re-sign him to the Lakers for the max.
Yeah, I don't think he will opt out. He probably stays with us for at least another year.

Why would he stay on a 1 yr deal worth 8ish million?

Players usually want to have more than 1 yr (or a PO) on their deal in case they get hurt again. Unless the player is very overpaid for that 1 yr, such as Drummond, why would they opt in?

KCP for 8ish min is very good value for us, especially on 1 yr.

He could get a bit more and on more years.

I do hope he opts in though, or then we need to find a replacement guard too
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject:

I wonder what Ingram is going to do. Signing an extension at this point could be taking a massive haircut. I suppose they could agree on a two year deal somewhere in the middle. Their ownership must be looking at some pretty big losses with both the Pels and Saints next year.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
BRI will be down, the salary cap is expected to drop and it is doubtful that teams are willing to spend in the offseason. Especially with 2020-2021 still in question. KCP opting out would be his worst decision. Klutch will probably re-sign him to the Lakers for the max.

your boys Jim/Mitch are not running the show these days. so no more moz/deng

Danny Green was a pretty bad signing at 15 million a year...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:02 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

It wasn't that bad, because it was only a 2 year deal.We were fortunate to get him after we struck out on Kahwii. We should of traded for him earlier in his career though. I think we could of got him for Jordan Clarkson a few years ago. Laker scouts do a terrific job at drafting. We need to have the for sight to trade for players BEFORE they get good. We also need to do a better job of trading players BEFORE people realize that they suck. We need to be proactive instead of reactive,
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject:

nzahir wrote:
scoobs wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Yeah, I don't think he will opt out. He probably stays with us for at least another year.

Players usually want to have more than 1 yr (or a PO) on their deal in case they get hurt again. Unless the player is very overpaid for that 1 yr, such as Drummond, why would they opt in?

My bad, I thought he was getting paid 12 million for some reason. Well, maybe he will opt out? Hopefully not though; I think he is good value for what he gets paid.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:21 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Are you really comparing the Green signing with those 2 clowns? Its apples and oranges when you look at skills of players, length of contracts, timing of signings during free agency, and whether we were bidding against ourselves or other teams.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:03 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Are you really comparing the Green signing with those 2 clowns? Its apples and oranges when you look at skills of players, length of contracts, timing of signings during free agency, and whether we were bidding against ourselves or other teams.

True you can't compare the two signings...but the Green contract is way too much for what you get..I know Dallas was also in the mix, still too much. We would've been fine with KCP, Caruso, and Avery manning that position or signing Alec Burks for much less to round off the rotation.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:44 am    Post subject:

nzahir wrote:
scoobs wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Salaries are tied to the salary cap. When one goes down the other follows. No team is going to pay a premium for KCP. His best bet is to opt in and hope that the cap increases in 2021.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:46 am    Post subject:

Green got what Moz/Deng should have (limited 2 year deals) gotten.

Green's deal is nice, considering we were going after Kawhi and all other offers were being done. Green was kind enough to stay and sign with us. He's a pro's pro and if needed, would be great salary ballast to include with Kuz/2020 1st in any trade this summer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
nzahir wrote:
scoobs wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Salaries are tied to the salary cap. When one goes down the other follows. No team is going to pay a premium for KCP. His best bet is to opt in and hope that the cap increases in 2021.

Yeah. I think a lot of players will opt in this year, including AD.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject:

I could see a 2 for 1 deal for AD. I did the calculations months ago when I actually cared, but I think that the cap would have to drop to around $90 mil for his extension to be worth more than a salary max deal. That would give the cap a chance to level out.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:09 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Green's deal is nice, considering we were going after Kawhi and all other offers were being done. Green was kind enough to stay and sign with us. He's a pro's pro and if needed, would be great salary ballast to include with Kuz/2020 1st in any trade this summer.

Yup....will definitely try to move him over the summer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Or keep him on an expiring deal. I mean it's a good deal. I know his numbers don't jump out but his teammates love him and he's on a cost controlled deal. I like Danny Green.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject:

No sleep till Brooklyn.

Quote:
Wizards star Bradley Beal will not play in restarted NBA season due to shoulder injury.

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:22 am    Post subject:

nzahir wrote:
scoobs wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Right now my guess is he opts in. If the cap plunges, as it is expected to, there probably won't be a $8 million offer out there for him from anyone else.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:25 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think he may be included in a deal because we don't have a lot of salaries to trade out. Not so much because we don't like him as a player, or his salary.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:29 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
No sleep till Brooklyn.

Quote:
Wizards star Bradley Beal will not play in restarted NBA season due to shoulder injury.

Ha. Yeah, he's maneuvering out of there. Too bad we don't have the trade assets to get him. Will be costly.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Most people projected he would get $10-12 million per year for a four-year deal, and at least $12 million for a one-two year deal.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:35 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
No sleep till Brooklyn.

Quote:

He has always said that he does not want to leave DC, but I think during this hiatus he has been convinced that it’s best for his career to join other stars on a contender.

Probably a bidding war between Miami and Brooklyn. I wouldn’t rule out Toronto but I don’t think they have enough.

Edit: I can also see the Clippers lurking in the background. If they fail, I wouldn’t put it past them to trade PG13/Shamet+ for Beal. PG13 will get the blame for a playoff failure imo. Easy target.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
No sleep till Brooklyn.

Quote:

Ha. Yeah, he's maneuvering out of there. Too bad we don't have the trade assets to get him. Will be costly.

I am fine with being part of that trade and pick 1 of caris/spencer/prince.

with Cap contracting i think Caris will have an expensive contract
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Nets’ team doctors decided to have guard Spencer Dinwiddie sit the NBA restart out of an abundance of caution, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1280529583658459138?s=21

Tanking nets protecting their trade assets.

This is the problem with the current set up. Teams like NOLA, SAC, Memphis actually want to make the playoffs while the Nets and Wizards are punting and trying to get themselves into the draft lottery.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
The Nets’ team doctors decided to have guard Spencer Dinwiddie sit the NBA restart out of an abundance of caution, sources tell @TheAthleticNBA @Stadium.

This is the problem with the current set up. Teams like NOLA, SAC, Memphis actually want to make the playoffs while the Nets and Wizards are punting and trying to get themselves into the draft lottery.

Dinwiddie tested positive for covid-19.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

twice
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:44 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

twice

Yeah I saw that after the fact. Either way, whoever gets the Nets in round 1 will have an extended warmup.

The Nets are looking at 2020-2021 as their year.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:24 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

twice

Yeah I saw that after the fact. Either way, whoever gets the Nets in round 1 will have an extended warmup.

The Nets are looking at 2020-2021 as their year.

totally. they need that pick for beal trade
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4603, 4604, 4605 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4604 of 8560
Jump to: