OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4619, 4620, 4621 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
So how many people look like a fool for saying Carmelo Anthony is washed up? Dude is balling really wish we had him instead of JR or Waiters.

No one looks like a fool. He was legit bad for 2 years and refused to adjust his role or mentality. He needed to go through what he did to be what he’s been in portland, which is frankly being overrated.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
scoobs wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Judah wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
I would love to make a run at Myles Turner. He would be a perfect compliment with AD on both sides of the court.

Do we really need 2 bigs in a perimeter league?

It's not about having two bigs. It's about what kind of bigs they are. Theoretically, Turner and AD could be a dynamic pairing.
I don't think Turner is necessary. The great thing about having a power forward like Davis, who could block shots is a high level, is the fact that you don't need a shot-blocking center. We could go out and find the best possible stretch 5 to pair with AD, and not have to worry about whether the guy is a shot blocker or not. Mo Wagner would have been a good candidate for this, but unfortunately, we traded him.

Myles Turner is actually a great stretch 5 to put next to AD. He's a great defender, shoots around 35% in threes, young, and has athletic ability to match that of Javale's
Yeah, but his shot blocking is a luxury. Not a neccesity. His shot blocking prowess jacks up his asking price. IMO, we would be good with a stretch 5 that could drain threes. Anything else that he does would be icing on the cake.

Here's the other idea. For as much as you'd pay Myles Turner, you're likely to get a good wing/guard that may not have as much flash, but would be a more effective player as a Laker just by archetype alone.

5s are replaceable and cheap. Playmakers and shooters (sometimes both) aren't.

What kind of guy would you take? Myles Turner? Or Bogdan Bogdanovic? Buddy Hield?
I would take Hield. He's a professional sniper, which is what we need. 3.7 three point field goals made per games vs. 1.4 three point field goals made per game for Turner. You shouldn't really really on your center for shooting anyway. Sure, centers are evolving into shooters, but it's still a work in progress. Turner hitting 35% of threes and 1.4 per game is nice for a center, but we need more shooting than that (overall). Turne's defense is nice, but would be a luxury, because we already have AD to defend the rim and possibally JeVale and/or Howard. So why pay /turner that kind of money to be a 10-12 ppg dude that could block some shots? We need to focus on getting snipers. I could see DMC as our starting center next season with Dwight off the bench. McGee probably gets traded.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
scoobs wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Judah wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
I would love to make a run at Myles Turner. He would be a perfect compliment with AD on both sides of the court.

Do we really need 2 bigs in a perimeter league?

It's not about having two bigs. It's about what kind of bigs they are. Theoretically, Turner and AD could be a dynamic pairing.
I don't think Turner is necessary. The great thing about having a power forward like Davis, who could block shots is a high level, is the fact that you don't need a shot-blocking center. We could go out and find the best possible stretch 5 to pair with AD, and not have to worry about whether the guy is a shot blocker or not. Mo Wagner would have been a good candidate for this, but unfortunately, we traded him.

Myles Turner is actually a great stretch 5 to put next to AD. He's a great defender, shoots around 35% in threes, young, and has athletic ability to match that of Javale's
Yeah, but his shot blocking is a luxury. Not a neccesity. His shot blocking prowess jacks up his asking price. IMO, we would be good with a stretch 5 that could drain threes. Anything else that he does would be icing on the cake.

Here's the other idea. For as much as you'd pay Myles Turner, you're likely to get a good wing/guard that may not have as much flash, but would be a more effective player as a Laker just by archetype alone.

5s are replaceable and cheap. Playmakers and shooters (sometimes both) aren't.

What kind of guy would you take? Myles Turner? Or Bogdan Bogdanovic? Buddy Hield?
I would take Hield. He's a professional sniper, which is what we need. 3.7 three point field goals made per games vs. 1.4 three point field goals made per game for Turner. You shouldn't really really on your center for shooting anyway. Sure, centers are evolving into shooters, but it's still a work in progress. Turner hitting 35% of threes and 1.4 per game is nice for a center, but we need more shooting than that (overall). Turne's defense is nice, but would be a luxury, because we already have AD to defend the rim and possibally JeVale and/or Howard. So why pay /turner that kind of money to be a 10-12 ppg dude that could block some shots? We need to focus on getting snipers. I could see DMC as our starting center next season with Dwight off the bench. McGee probably gets traded.

Buddy Hield sounds good on paper but I don’t think he’s dynamic enough as a player at his salary to warrant being traded. Particularly, if the trade chip is Kuz.

We’ve watched Kuz grow quite a bit in this bubble. If you’re going to bring in a scorer - it’s Booker, Beal, McCollum or Lillard. That’s it.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:58 pm    Post subject:

I would trade kuz for Hield.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Do we gamble and trade Danny's contract for a better player with a longer contract? I'm sure there are other teams out there who want to clear out some bad contracts to restart and rebuild. Sacramento comes to mind. I feel like they would perhaps get rid of Harrison Barnes for Danny Green to get rid of Barnes' contract. Barnes is easily better than Green at this stage in their careers and would help us get a ring in 2021.

But do we want to add that extra $20 million salary for the 21-22 season and risk not getting a max free agent? Probably not.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Do you have any idea how much money Hield is owed and he doesn’t even start for his crappy team?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Do you have any idea how much money Hield is owed and he doesn’t even start for his crappy team?

Yikes.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:44 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Luke Walton is his coach. His contract decreases every year. I would rather have someone with one elite skill, where it is most sorely needed than Kuz’s all-around B- game.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:29 am    Post subject:

Actually Kuzma is the one I wouldn't trade. I know he is not good overall and he has many flows but his effort and dedication you cannot question ever. He is always 100% inside and he is giving his best under his possibilities. I wouldn't offer him huge contract but something like 45/3 years definitely I would. He is valuable peace to have and you can always use him to bring superstar in the trade like we did with Ingram and Ball.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:16 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Another one trick pony Lakers fans would complain about once Buddy gets torched for 35 by another teams 3rd string guard. An Kuzma actually has more defense than Hield.

Some people are mad at the fact AD is getting the mega max offered to him this offseason
but is okay paying Buddy 106 mill

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:41 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Luke Walton is his coach. His contract decreases every year. I would rather have someone with one elite skill, where it is most sorely needed than Kuz’s all-around B- game.

there is a reason he is on the bench after getting paid. he sucks on defense and doesnt do anything else

why in the world would you trade a cost effective guy in Kuzma for another year.

The guy you should want is Bogdan not hield

Last edited by Jesusdelonla on Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:55 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Another one trick pony Lakers fans would complain about once Buddy gets torched for 35 by another teams 3rd string guard. An Kuzma actually has more defense than Hield.

Some people are mad at the fact AD is getting the mega max offered to him this offseason

People complain about Kuzma at $1.9M. I’d love to see the same people’s reaction when we have Buddy making the same money as Anthony Davis.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:02 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

People complain about Kuzma at $1.9M. I’d love to see the same people’s reaction when we have Buddy making the same money as Anthony Davis.

older then AD too lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
ocho wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

older then AD too lol

At this rate, might be older than LBJ.
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
ocho wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

older then AD too lol

At this rate, might be older than LBJ.

I'm confused why people are so interested in trading Kuz. On the court, he's improved significantly as a defender this year and has really looked even better in the bubble on that end of the floor. He's also well-rounded with some penetration and play-making ability and ceiling for more. The shooting has been frustrating, I admit, but he's shooting over 40% in the bubble. If he gets that perimeter shot even league-average, he's a very valuable player.

On the payroll side, he's cheap this year and next with a super reasonable cap hold under $9M after next season. He's a valuable asset.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:04 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Kuz' rookie deal runs out next season. I don't see him getting Hield money in this market, but the difference won't be so pronounced. Buddy is on the expensive side. But his elite skill is shooting, and that comes at a premium in this league. He shot 39% on 9.6 3FGA per game this season, and has a career rate of 41% at volume. He also averaged 3 APG this year which tells you he isn't a black hole.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject:

Hield is a better offensive player then Kuzma but Kuzma brings other valuable intangibles.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:

Kuz' rookie deal runs out next season. I don't see him getting Hield money in this market, but the difference won't be so pronounced. Buddy is on the expensive side. But his elite skill is shooting, and that comes at a premium in this league. He shot 39% on 9.6 3FGA per game this season, and has a career rate of 41% at volume. He also averaged 3 APG this year which tells you he isn't a black hole.

Bogdan Bogan would be much cheaper if we can pull off a S&T with Kings.
2.7-7.3 36.9 from 3 pt line
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:34 am    Post subject:

Am I the only one bitter the year doncic and Trae available at 3 is the year we didn’t have a draft pick and couldn’t truly tank
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:41 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Am I the only one bitter the year doncic and Trae available at 3 is the year we didn’t have a draft pick and couldn’t truly tank

I’m more bitter that Magic first thought about getting Lonzo because of his LA roots as opposed to drafting a stud like Tatum or Mitchell, we missed out on a lot of nice prospects because of our FO.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

I’m more bitter that Magic first thought about getting Lonzo because of his LA roots as opposed to drafting a stud like Tatum or Mitchell, we missed out on a lot of nice prospects because of our FO.

I'm with you but you know those guys would have been traded for AD...but maybe could have kept BI and sent Kuz...so I feel you.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

Hield doesn't start because he's better off the bench.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hieldbu01/splits/2020

My point in the earlier post was, would you rather have Myles Turner? Or a comparable wing at a similar price?

5s are easier to replace and the skillset for unicorns that can't pass, I think is overrated.

But high level movement shooters? There's a premium for that kind of archetype.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:56 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

I had Tatum #3. He just exploded.

Even Magic preferred Fox. He wasn't wrong.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:

I'm with you but you know those guys would have been traded for AD...but maybe could have kept BI and sent Kuz...so I feel you.

Yeah, even if we go on to win multiple titles with AD and LeBron it’s still gonna haunt this franchise if Tatum ends up like Kobe.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:

I’m not trying to say he can’t shoot, but as an exercise let’s list all the elite teams paying $26M annually to a 1-dimensional shooter.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4619, 4620, 4621 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4620 of 8560
Jump to: