OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4621, 4622, 4623 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Kuzma ain't going anywhere

Pelinka was on the sidelines. You know he was feeling good.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

It’s not smart to get rid of wings who can defend and score.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

It’s not smart to get rid of wings who can defend and score.

meanwhile D Green should be gone 1 day after season ends
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject:

You know the player I wish we could trade for next year?

Josh Richardson
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Josh Richardson

Or d Murray but we got no assets
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Josh Richardson

Or d Murray but we got no assets

Unfortunately.
However, depending on Simmons' health, they might tank again.
Trust the Process part deux.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:04 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Josh Richardson

If the Sixers are looking to clear space, I can see them taking on Danny Green's short contract for Josh Richardson to avoid paying his salary in 2021-2022.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:06 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Josh Richardson

If the Sixers are looking to clear space, I can see them taking on Danny Green's short contract for Josh Richardson to avoid paying his salary in 2021-2022.

Very unlikely. But make it happen!!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ocho wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:
I’m not trying to say he can’t shoot, but as an exercise let’s list all the elite teams paying $26M annually to a 1-dimensional shooter.

IMO it's too rigid to say contenders only. Roster building starts with your stars and teams have to contort things to get that role filled. But the market for guards that can handle a bit and provide great spacing is strong (and for good reason). The elite guys are obvious (Curry, Lillard, Harden, Beal, maybe Booker). None of them are 2-way. Next layer gets paid around max too (McCollum, Russell, Murray). Even the next tier gets paid (Hield, Brogdon, LaVine). Elite shooting is a premium skill. Hield is overpaid but with a declining deal, isn't a liability. His impact spacing for two stars would be a nightly problem for teams.

I liked what I've seen from Kuz so far. Two-way wings are also really valuable. But he has a lot to prove yet.

Why too rigid? Who else would we compare ourselves to? The point was that elite teams don’t pay guys like Hield big money. Teams like the Kings do.

How many teams are going to be paying two guys 40 million dollars each and have no draft picks to trade? What is the point of comparing our roster construction to that of other teams? We have no cap space and no assets to acquire fairly paid good players. These are the moves you are left with when you bid against yourself in a trade for one player.

So.....I take it you can’t name any?

Much like Hield’s bloated contract, your package for him keeps decreasing over time. It started at Kuzma and now it’s Danny Green and junk. Once you convince yourself to commit such a big chunk of cap to a single shooter, the reality of acquiring him becomes more difficult.

Salaries notwithstanding, i would trade Kuz for Hield, yes. But Kuz has another cheap year (and then he gets overpaid) while Buddy is overpaid. And considering Sac's salary obligations, and the fact he's fallen out of favor there, you might be able to get him for mostly salary relief. And the Lakers are already over the cap. What do you care if they're paying Hield? If you need to move him again, at least he might be desired player regaining some shine playing alongside AD/Lebron and having one less year on his deal. What's the market for Danny Green right now?

Obviously Kuz's jersey is being raised to the rafters by LG tonight after his like-clockwork 1 good game out of every 8-10 games and regained his UNTOUCHABLE status, but i'm still waiting for consistent production alongside AD & Lebron.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ocho wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:
I’m not trying to say he can’t shoot, but as an exercise let’s list all the elite teams paying $26M annually to a 1-dimensional shooter.

IMO it's too rigid to say contenders only. Roster building starts with your stars and teams have to contort things to get that role filled. But the market for guards that can handle a bit and provide great spacing is strong (and for good reason). The elite guys are obvious (Curry, Lillard, Harden, Beal, maybe Booker). None of them are 2-way. Next layer gets paid around max too (McCollum, Russell, Murray). Even the next tier gets paid (Hield, Brogdon, LaVine). Elite shooting is a premium skill. Hield is overpaid but with a declining deal, isn't a liability. His impact spacing for two stars would be a nightly problem for teams.

I liked what I've seen from Kuz so far. Two-way wings are also really valuable. But he has a lot to prove yet.

Why too rigid? Who else would we compare ourselves to? The point was that elite teams don’t pay guys like Hield big money. Teams like the Kings do.

How many teams are going to be paying two guys 40 million dollars each and have no draft picks to trade? What is the point of comparing our roster construction to that of other teams? We have no cap space and no assets to acquire fairly paid good players. These are the moves you are left with when you bid against yourself in a trade for one player.

Much like Hield’s bloated contract, your package for him keeps decreasing over time. It started at Kuzma and now it’s Danny Green and junk. Once you convince yourself to commit such a big chunk of cap to a single shooter, the reality of acquiring him becomes more difficult.

Salaries notwithstanding, i would trade Kuz for Hield, yes. But Kuz has another cheap year (and then he gets overpaid) while Buddy is overpaid. And considering Sac's salary obligations, and the fact he's fallen out of favor there, you might be able to get him for mostly salary relief. And the Lakers are already over the cap. What do you care if they're paying Hield? If you need to move him again, at least he might be desired player regaining some shine playing alongside AD/Lebron and having one less year on his deal. What's the market for Danny Green right now?

Obviously Kuz's jersey is being raised to the rafters by LG tonight after his like-clockwork 1 good game out of every 8-10 games and regained his UNTOUCHABLE status, but i'm still waiting for consistent production alongside AD & Lebron.

what are you talking about?

I was as hard on Kuz as anyone but he's been lights out and a huge factor for every single game during the bubble. Probably the most consistent player even counting Lebron and AD during this small stretch. Not sure why you're so bitter but he def. deserves some props his play of all the games thus far.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ocho wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:

I was as hard on Kuz as anyone but he's been lights out and a huge factor for every single game during the bubble. Probably the most consistent player even counting Lebron and AD during this small stretch. Not sure why you're so bitter but he def. deserves some props his play of all the games thus far.

was 37% from 3 in the bubble before tonight. That's lights out? That's league average for a wing these days. I'm happy to take it, but let's not go crazy. Lol i swear, Kuz can do this 5 times a season for the rest of his life and half of LG will have him starting on the their All-time laker teams. I will absolutely take any good production we can get out of him, but people love to dunk on the "Kuz haters" who have rightly criticized him for being 80% invisible throughout the season.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
hype wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ocho wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
ocho wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
ocho wrote:

was 37% from 3 in the bubble before tonight. That's lights out? That's league average for a wing these days. I'm happy to take it, but let's not go crazy. Lol i swear, Kuz can do this 5 times a season for the rest of his life and half of LG will have him starting on the their All-time laker teams. I will absolutely take any good production we can get out of him, but people love to dunk on the "Kuz haters" who have rightly criticized him for being 80% invisible throughout the season.

You need to take a step back and just enjoy his play lately. It's not just about his "3 pt %". His defense has been on another entire level for this stretch and has had hardly any lapses whatsoever. He has looked like a legit elite defender since the bubble started which would bring praise from me without anything else. His passing, rebounding and overall bbiq has also been extremely high. He's been 100% visible for the entire bubble, what more could you ask for?. If you look back at my post history I have endless posts talking negative about him because I felt he deserved it but he also deserves props when he's playing an elite 2 way game which is not a common thing in todays NBA.....

Just mentally alone he's clearly a completely different player. Not sure how anyone can't see that at this point.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject:

I have seen plenty of defensive lapses. He's definitely shown great improvement in bursts, but he is still struggling with consistency.

That said, i'm working tonight, so i didn't see tonight's game. Maybe tonight is where he put it altogether. It is a little disconcerting that Denver played their bench for the entire 4th and played us to a virtual draw until the last second.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Some like to cry even when they hit a jackpot 🙄
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Some like to cry even when they hit a jackpot 🙄

Jesus Christ.. Facts!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:52 pm    Post subject:

I don't post in the Lounge as much as I used to, but some may remember I have been as critical of Kuz as almost anyone, believing we should have traded him. He's been fantastic in the bubble, and it's not just the shooting from 3, it's the defense. It changes everything. I mean, he's not a top-5 defender in the league or anything crazy, but he's legitimately bothering people. He used to be a sieve out there. It's a massive, massive difference. And yes, he's even doing a little playmaking. But the fact that he's actually competing on defense changes the entire calculus. I'm still not sold on him from a few games in a different environment, but it's obviously very encouraging.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:09 am    Post subject:

We have no guards...not sure what free agents of any noteriety will be available.

Last edited by MookieBetts50 on Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:14 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Josh Richardson

Jason Richardson
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:20 am    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:
Still should have traded him and kept the superior Ingram but what's done is done. We have to suffer the emotional highs and lows you get from Kuz. Big moment nonetheless and irregardless against Groot and other Nugget bench fodder.

I love Ingram’s game, but Grif wanted him. There would be no AD without sending out Ingram. Kuzma may not have the same offensive potential, but Kuzma’s defense, rebounding, passing, and showing up to big games cannot be overlooked
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
Still should have traded him and kept the superior Ingram but what's done is done. We have to suffer the emotional highs and lows you get from Kuz. Big moment nonetheless and irregardless against Groot and other Nugget bench fodder.

I love Ingram’s game, but Grif wanted him. There would be no AD without sending out Ingram. Kuzma may not have the same offensive potential, but Kuzma’s defense, rebounding, passing, and showing up to big games cannot be overlooked

Thanks I actually meant to post this in the List thread but glad I can live to see the light shine bright on Kuz. He's been all star level in his fee starts this season. 😊👍
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:41 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

was 37% from 3 in the bubble before tonight. That's lights out? That's league average for a wing these days.

Hield is a 38% shooter from 3 so you want to trade multiple rotation guys for a league average shooter making $24M?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:56 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Josh Richardson

Jason Richardson

Pooh Richardson
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Josh Richardson

Jason Richardson

Pooh Richardson

Michael Ray Richardson
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:30 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Josh Richardson

Jason Richardson

Pooh Richardson

Michael Ray Richardson
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:38 am    Post subject:

How old is Buddy Hield again?

He was 21. Then 27. Is he 34 yet?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4621, 4622, 4623 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4622 of 8560
Jump to: