OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4720, 4721, 4722 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Anunoby and Oubre are probably $18-25mil. type contracts.

oubre with torn miniscus is 18-25?

I hope he is expandable with Cam Johnson,Bridges playing good without him

Personally, I don't think he is, but PHX is cheap.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:04 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
governator wrote:
So who’s the keepers and who should be traded/upgraded Mike?

Honestly, I'm just waiting for MLE and the results of this roster, because absolutely no team wants to help LAL even if *we* think these are reasonable trades.

I'm not even looking much farther than Marc Gasol, Paul Millsap, Moe Harkless, and DJ Augustin, and all of these guys are contingent on just signing MLE for 1 year only.

When it comes to undrafted guys or vet min types that I'm VERY confident LAL can get?

Jemerrio Jones
Jon Teske
Yves Ponds
Johnathan Williams

Trevelin Queen

I'm even forgetting some shooters.

Immannuel Quickley
Gasol seems like he could be a fit, but what do we do about Dwight, McGee and DMC? I think Dwight is really showing his value during these playoffs. But, can Marc help out in similar ways? I know Marc ads more of an offensive component in terms of three point shooting.

We don't have any guarantees. I think D39 looks for a raise. We need to know DMC status first. McGee? Iffy.

Guys like Marc and Millsap at their age are exactly why I think they'll take a 1 year MLE term. Why would a healthy player take such a short term? That's exactly why I'm ruling out everything else.

Also, 3pt range, ability to pass, and solid defense? I know it's not a wing position, but every team needs that.

We see what Markieff Morris does for the team. Imagine that, but, bigger and better passing.

"Oh this dude is over the hill."

Who said we're playing these guys more than 24 minutes a game?

scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
governator wrote:

Honestly, I'm just waiting for MLE and the results of this roster, because absolutely no team wants to help LAL even if *we* think these are reasonable trades.

I'm not even looking much farther than Marc Gasol, Paul Millsap, Moe Harkless, and DJ Augustin, and all of these guys are contingent on just signing MLE for 1 year only.

When it comes to undrafted guys or vet min types that I'm VERY confident LAL can get?

Jemerrio Jones
Jon Teske
Yves Ponds
Johnathan Williams

Trevelin Queen

Immannuel Quickley
Gasol seems like he could be a fit, but what do we do about Dwight, McGee and DMC? I think Dwight is really showing his value during these playoffs. But, can Marc help out in similar ways? I know Marc ads more of an offensive component in terms of three point shooting.

We don't have any guarantees. I think D39 looks for a raise. We need to know DMC status first. McGee? Iffy.

Guys like Marc and Millsap at their age are exactly why I think they'll take a 1 year MLE term. Why would a healthy player take such a short term? That's exactly why I'm ruling out everything else.

Also, 3pt range, ability to pass, and solid defense? I know it's not a wing position, but every team needs that.

We see what Markieff Morris does for the team. Imagine that, but, bigger and better passing.

Yeah, I agree. Marc is a 24 mpg dude at most at this point, which is okay. He wouldn't be a bad fit. I like him better than Milsap because he provides better shooting and size. Maybe Dwight gets the full 9.8 million MLE though.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject:

scoobs wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
scoobs wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
governator wrote:

Jemerrio Jones
Jon Teske
Yves Ponds
Johnathan Williams

Trevelin Queen

Immannuel Quickley

Yeah, I agree. Marc is a 24 mpg dude at most at this point, which is okay. He wouldn't be a bad fit. I like him better than Milsap because he provides better shooting and size. Maybe Dwight gets the full 9.8 million MLE though.

Get both Gasols then go back up Dwight?
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
The highest priority for our FO seems to be 2021 free agency and wooing someone like Giannis. That will especially be the case if we win the championship this year. It's much more likely we butcher our roster for that free agency than we do trying to trade everyone after this season ends

The only way we will have max space in 2021 with the salary cap staying flat is if Lebron takes a $25m pay cut.

I don't see that happening.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
drae wrote:
The highest priority for our FO seems to be 2021 free agency and wooing someone like Giannis. That will especially be the case if we win the championship this year. It's much more likely we butcher our roster for that free agency than we do trying to trade everyone after this season ends

The only way we will have max space in 2021 with the salary cap staying flat is if Lebron takes a $25m pay cut.

Don’t we have his bird thing and can sign Giannis first then go over cal with him?
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:16 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
drae wrote:

Don’t we have his bird thing and can sign Giannis first then go over cal with him?

Doesn't work that way. Lebron's cap-hold will equal his max salary.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
drae wrote:

Truth is, we don't know what that number is.

But, even if AD signed (I'll just guess it starts at $30mil that year), then there's still possibly 1 max space left.

The same max space that would have been used to get Kawhi, and then fill the team with merry minimums last year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/LAL.html

pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Now that teams know you have to get through Jokic and AD to get to through the West, i think Javale and moreso Dwight could see a rebound in price. I was certain Javale opted in to the 4 mil because where else was he going to get paid? But now? That said, I'd be fine with letting him walk. Dwight I think we should hold onto due almost entirely to his effectiveness against Jokic.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Now that teams know you have to get through Jokic and AD to get to through the West, i think Javale and moreso Dwight could see a rebound in price. I was certain Javale opted in to the 4 mil because where else was he going to get paid? But now? That said, I'd be fine with letting him walk. Dwight I think we should hold onto due almost entirely to his effectiveness against Jokic.

Give McGee money to Dwight, give Dwight money to cousins
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

No one's going to pay Javale more than $4.2 million. He'll opt in.

Dwight's market value will be interesting. I can see a team throwing the whole MLE at him.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
drae wrote:

Truth is, we don't know what that number is.

But, even if AD signed (I'll just guess it starts at $30mil that year), then there's still possibly 1 max space left.

The same max space that would have been used to get Kawhi, and then fill the team with merry minimums last year.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/LAL.html

We have a pretty good idea that the salary cap is not going to go up in 2021. The big difference between last year and 2021 is that Lebron's salary will be $4m more and AD's salary will be $8m more.

Between the 2 of them, you'll have $76m in salary commitments. With roster holds, you aren't close to a 2021 max unless the salary cap is closer to $125m.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

No one's going to pay Javale more than $4.2 million. He'll opt in.

Dwight's market value will be interesting. I can see a team throwing the whole MLE at him.

If so, he's gone. We should not offer him that, not when AD plays the majority of the minutes at center in the playoffs. We can find some random big to start for cheap money and play 15 mins a game for us if needed. Don't get me wrong, as Dwight has been important to our team this year. But we only have one mid-level and we can't give it all to Dwight. Just wouldn't be a wise use of resources. Now, part of the MLE? Perhaps, depending on how much it was and who the other player was that we used the MLE on. (Remember, you can divide the MLE into multiple players.)
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject:

I know ppl think he's washed, but it's gonna be Pau with the McGee minutes.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:49 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers will have to find a way to pay Dwight more than the minimum, almost out of respect. He’s earned it. But honestly, what other teams out there are in the Dwight market?
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:06 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
The Lakers will have to find a way to pay Dwight more than the minimum, almost out of respect. He’s earned it. But honestly, what other teams out there are in the Dwight market?
You never know man, dude really turned his career around. He helped us out tremendously, but at the same time we helped him out too. The MLE is supposed to be about 9.8 million. Maybe we just give him that entire amount for one year? He played for us for cheap this season and he produced good results. I think we only have room for one non shooting big though, so McGee could be gone one way or another.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:39 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

I think he'll have a sizable market after this series. It's clear you need a big who can at least give Jokic problems to get through the West. I have no idea how well he'd guard AD, but he's probably better than most options out there, especially since he would have guarded him in practice. Dwight is not going to be as inexpensive as we all thought he'd be. And if he can come out of this with a ring especially? Only raises his price while diminishing his motivation to come back here on the cheap.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:42 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

I think he'll have a sizable market after this series. It's clear you need a big who can at least give Jokic problems to get through the West. I have no idea how well he'd guard AD, but he's probably better than most options out there, especially since he would have guarded him in practice. Dwight is not going to be as inexpensive as we all thought he'd be. And if he can come out of this with a ring especially? Only raises his price while diminishing his motivation to come back here on the cheap.

IMO his motivation, if we win the ring this year, will go extremely down. I don't expect him to come back and be this motivated. As I see him he is not character to chase multiple titles or whatever. He will be happy winning one.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:43 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
I know ppl think he's washed, but it's gonna be Pau with the McGee minutes.

Imagining Pau trying to keep up with this team on the break (and opposing teams racing out for 5-on-4 opps) and feeling extremely bad.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:48 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

IMO his motivation, if we win the ring this year, will go extremely down. I don't expect him to come back and be this motivated. As I see him he is not character to chase multiple titles or whatever. He will be happy winning one.

I can see the Mavericks, Warriors and even the Nuggets (just so he can't guard Jokic) being interested in Dwight at a 1-year MLE deal.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:40 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:

Agreed.

I give Dwight a lot of credit for his turnaround.

But, the Lakers have the perfect infrastructure to keep him in check. If he just chases the money, no guarantee that he will be on a team that is able to keep him correctly motivated. I think Dwight has found a group that understands and accepts him; not every team can do that.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:42 am    Post subject:

Dwight is not getting full mle. If he does you thank him and find guys like Noel on cheaper price
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:11 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Because he pressures front offices to trade future assets for vets who can help immediately.

Who (with a chance to win) doesn't do that?

"Ship his ass out!" - Kobe Bryant

But they didn’t
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:18 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Give McGee money to Dwight, give Dwight money to cousins

It’s McGee’s decision, not the Lakers. If he opt in then you give McGee’s money to McGee. Dwight made $6 mil this season, with all his child support I think he wants at least the same. Cousins is an injury waiting to happen. McGee opts in, give Dwight $5 mil and go from there.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject:

If we could get Dwight to agree to the BAE, that would be ideal.

Really need to use that MLE for perimeter/scoring/playmaking players. LBJ will need to reduce the insane load he carries, especially in the regular season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4720, 4721, 4722 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4721 of 8560
Jump to: