OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5338, 5339, 5340 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
Next move is to find a way to dump McGee. If no taker, it would make sense to agree to a buy out off set by the vet min. Would leave about 1.6M on the books. Stretched over 3 years, about a 533K cap hit.

LeBron 39.21
AD 32.7
DS 17.5
KCP 12.3
Trezz 9.25
Matthews 3.62
Morris 2.8
Caruso 2.75
THT 1.51
Dudley 1.6
VM 1.6
VM 1.6
VM 1.6
VM 1.6
Deng/Cook.McGee 5.86
Total 135.5

VM targets should be

M.Gasol, A.Baynes, WCS, T.Gibson, Whiteside, Boogie, Biyombo, Mahinmi

Batum, Bazemore, GR3, Korver,RHJ, Galloway, Forbes, MKG, Hill, C.Lee

2 of each

Gasol/Trezz/Boogie
AD/Morris/Dudley
LeBron/Kuz/Batum
Matthews/Carusho/THT
KCP/DS

That's a deep team. Would need to sign a play maker guard with our 2nd 2 way. Roster spot open for mid season buy outs.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/adpoy1/status/1330383500906782722?s=21

Pelinka is too smart to fall for it again, tbh.

Nice try, Kawhi. It also makes more sense now that Ibaka did the whole follow and un-follow Lakers act

I posted this earlier, Ibaka is trolling the Lakers, but a bunch of Lakers fan is pissed we didn’t get him. Screw Ibaka and Kawhi, fool us once not falling for the same trick again. We will take the younger player that match the AD time line.
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Cyberfreak444 wrote:
The more I read about the Ibaka signing, the more it seems like he was always going to either stay with Toronto or join his former teammate Kawhi with the Clippers. I’m not sure he ever really considered going to the Lakers. It’s really the Kawhi situation all over again. Except this time Rob Pelinka didn’t bother waiting on the desired free agent’s decision when an intriguing alternative (Harrell) popped up as an option.

Yea, you may be right. Seems like he and KL tight, and joining a defending world champion team cross-town rival against your friend, or joining your friend to topple the world champs...

Yep, I can buy that - Lakers probably had little or no chance.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Nice try, Kawhi. It also makes more sense now that Ibaka did the whole follow and un-follow Lakers act

I posted this earlier, Ibaka is trolling the Lakers, but a bunch of Lakers fan is pissed we didn’t get him. Screw Ibaka and Kawhi, fool us once not falling for the same trick again. We will take the younger player that match the AD time line.

and the cripple degenerate Kawhi will again go out in 1/2 rd....F him
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Ibaka is a punk. Remember last week he follow the Lakers on Twitter. And then removed it when everybody noticed it. This clown is going to be easy to hate.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
There was a report last week DeMarcus Cousins will likely not be ready to play on opening day. I'm not so sure I would take a chance on him.

We can survive the regular season without him. We just need him for certain playoff matchups. Big question mark though I agree.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

Cyberfreak444 wrote:
The more I read about the Ibaka signing, the more it seems like he was always going to either stay with Toronto or join his former teammate Kawhi with the Clippers. I’m not sure he ever really considered going to the Lakers.

100% agree. I have no doubts whatsoever that Ibaka decided to join the Clippers before FA even started.

The FO learned from their mistake last year.

I think the Lakers will feel the impact defensively in the paint from losing Howard. Regardless of whose fault it was, it is the FO job to get or keep the right players if they can afford it. Dwight was affordable and his defensive presence was a rare commodity in the league.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

32 wrote:
Ibaka is a punk. Remember last week he follow the Lakers on Twitter. And then removed it when everybody noticed it. This clown is going to be easy to hate.

Kawhi part 2. Thee enemy.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

DLaker wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I don't know if it was you who posted that right away, but I agreed with the idea that Ibaka was trolling.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

And who knows how old he really is just like with Deng.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject:

The scoring ability combined with the foul drawing ability Trez and DS are going to add to this team will be huge.

As far as McGee. He’s the perfect center to take some minutes during the regular season, not sure why he gets so much hate.

Added offensive will help LBJ and AD be well rested when it’s time to lockdown defensively.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
32 wrote:

And who knows how old he really is just like with Deng.

It would be funny if he started breaking down like Deng did after we signed him.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Let one of those minimum contracts go to Batum please
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:05 pm    Post subject:

I have huge doubts about Boogie's health but he did destroy Jokic in their last matchup even coming off an achilles tear. We really only need a guy like that in two matchups. Jokic and Embiid.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:06 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
I have huge doubts about Boogie's health but he did destroy Jokic in their last matchup even coming off an achilles tear. We really only need a guy like that in two matchups. Jokic and Embiid.

Last edited by scout_0 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Man I wish Klay were healthy. As a laker fan in the Bay Area. I am so sick of hearing these dumb azz warrior fans with their most moronic takes and trash talking of the lakers. I can’t wait to whoop their azz this year and the next coming years.
nomoreshaq
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:08 pm    Post subject:

it's weird, he really does remind me of rondo. body type, the way he moves.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
chantruong wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylLRFXJGbO4&ab_channel=BallMovements

u missed Klay's YouTube? how he was practicing full speed and then tore Achillies?

yeah not sold on Cousins or KD for that matter
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Cyberfreak444 wrote:
The more I read about the Ibaka signing, the more it seems like he was always going to either stay with Toronto or join his former teammate Kawhi with the Clippers. I’m not sure he ever really considered going to the Lakers. It’s really the Kawhi situation all over again. Except this time Rob Pelinka didn’t bother waiting on the desired free agent’s decision when an intriguing alternative (Harrell) popped up as an option.

Screw the Clippers, they are so pathetic always trying to scheme with these little plots against us. Karma is a (bleep) and will repeat itself this year!
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
Centers still available: M Gasol, Aron Baynes, Boogie, Whiteside, Robin Lopez, Willie Caullie-Stein. We need to make a move after losing Dwight asap (especially since the Clippers landed Ibaka).

Bringing back Kieff, signing a decent big man and maybe getting another backup pg are my top priorities. We had so many last season (Rondo, Bradley, Cook, Daniels, Caruso). I'm not too worried on another 3 and D guy tbh. Wouldn't mind one, but Bron, Matthews, KCP, and Kuzma are fine for now imo.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/robin-lopez-delivers-priceless-twitter-reaction-after-signing-wizards
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:11 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:

I would sign him if possible....because this team should be in position to allow him to come back as slow as possible. I do not think this team needs to make getting the #1 Seed a thing....if it happens, it happens....if we are the 4th seed because guys did not push it early, I do not think it will impact the playoff results.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:13 pm    Post subject:

crackadon wrote:
Centers still available: M Gasol, Aron Baynes, Boogie, Whiteside, Robin Lopez, Willie Caullie-Stein. We need to make a move after losing Dwight asap (especially since the Clippers landed Ibaka).

Bringing back Kieff, signing a decent big man and maybe getting another backup pg are my top priorities. We had so many last season (Rondo, Bradley, Cook, Daniels, Caruso). I'm not too worried on another 3 and D guy tbh. Wouldn't mind one, but Bron, Matthews, KCP, and Kuzma are fine for now imo.

I prefer Robin or Marc
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:15 pm    Post subject:

nomoreshaq wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcLio5W3osY&ab_channel=GoldenHoops

it's weird, he really does remind me of rondo. body type, the way he moves.

I recall some people calling him Lil Rondo in Atlanta....Rondo has a wider frame, and was considerably stronger in his prime. Rondo just had that natural genetic strength.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:17 pm    Post subject:

1) Kieff
2) Gasol
3) Cousins
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
crackadon wrote:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/robin-lopez-delivers-priceless-twitter-reaction-after-signing-wizards

I had no idea Robin got snatched up. Thanks for the update.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5338, 5339, 5340 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5339 of 8560
Jump to: