OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5340, 5341, 5342 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:48 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Wes Matthews tore his Achilles five and a half years ago and everyone was excited to sign him... yet signing Boogie who is much younger, is out of the question?

I get that Boogie had a series of injuries but he was never a high flyer or fast moving center.

Why do people believe that it's impossible for him to be an effective player again? Will he be the best center in the league again? Probably not... but he can shoot and pass and block shots without jumping.

At a minimum contract it's a no brainer for me.

From my perspective it is the weight that concerns me. The constant pounding on his legs carrying that weight increases the odds for injury.

If he stays injury free I have no doubt he will be an effective player.

I got to admit the newer videos of him this off season has me taking him on a minimum without thinking twice. He looks to be in as good of shape as he's been in a really long time. Worst case is we cut him again towards the end of the season and add a buyout big which there's always a couple.

Gasol would be a great pickup as well for the minimum. He looked like he wasn't ready to be playing again in the bubble after the layoff so thats what people remember but the entire regular season he was still playing good on both ends. I dont think he realistically signs for the minimum at all but i'd take it and be extremely happy considering what's left out there right now.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:48 pm    Post subject:

I knew Ibaka was up to some (bleep) trolling when he pulled the follow/unfollow crap. Glad we passed on him.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:49 pm    Post subject:

roninenix wrote:
Sucks that dwight left. Could've really used his energy/rebounding and defense against Ibaka. We really need to pick up a serviceable center

We don't need a center against Ibaka
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject:

I'd take Boogie over Gasol.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject:

I could see Marc going to the Clippers fro reunite with Kawhi and Ibaka.
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:53 pm    Post subject:

I’m starting to feel like Gasol and probably Whiteside are going to get offers higher than we can pay. Even Cousins is a question mark for the Vet min. I’m still hoping Gasol will come for the chance at a ring or Cousins because we were really good to him. But we might be looking at Dedmon or a less appealing option.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject:

roninenix wrote:
Sucks that dwight left. Could've really used his energy/rebounding and defense against Ibaka. We really need to pick up a serviceable center

Ibaka ain't Jokic chief.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

We have enough roster spots for 2 bigs if we buy out/trade McGee.

Doesnt have to be Boogie OR Gasol. Can be both. I still believe Toronto will offer a deal that will make it hard for Gasol to accept a vet min deal.

The more I look into it, I wouldnt mind Whiteside, at only the vet min. Good finisher, rebounder, rim protector. We know the advanced numbers love him but his effort isnt always there. That shouldnt be a problem for a Laker team he's only expected to play 16-20MPG. Could be a great opportunity for him to pull a Rondo and cash out next season.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

panamaniac wrote:

so u are telling me, Pau didn't tell Marc anything about the lakers to join that loser organization?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Funny thing is that Gasol and Cousins would provide pretty much the same thing for this team. Both guys are slow as (bleep) now but would provide a big body and some shooting and passing.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
just curious, why does it seem most of you are high on Gasol than Cousins? Even if Cousins is only what he was when he played for the Warriors, that is more than Gasol can offer on the court at his age....and if Cousins can get to even 80% of what he once was in short to moderate minutes....that is night and day better than Gasol in 2020. Again, just curious, have not been around much recently and am surprised at the shift towards Gasol.

Also, don't we need another legit emergency PG on the roster? Someone like Jeff Teague would have been acceptable, but I saw the Celtics picked him up today.

As I stated in a response above to another comment injury concerns for Cousins is the issue I have with him. I'd be fine with a DH contract.

As for Gasol he fits the Lakers as he can be stationed at the 3pt line as he has been very efficient at good volume the last 2 years. In this case he would not clog the paint for AD or Lebron.

I still believe his defense in a team structure is good. Following is the reason.

I just surmise his disappointing performance in the playoffs this year was due to his conditioning. Being inactive for that long stretch and with his body size I can assume Gasol lost his cardio.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

so u are telling me, Pau didn't tell Marc anything about the lakers to join that loser organization?

I dunno what Pau said. But Marc did win a chip with two guys on the Clippers so there might be some pull there, we'll see.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:58 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
Let one of those minimum contracts go to Batum please
why? We need 3 pt shooting. After his injuries, Batum already lost his touch. He shot 28% last season
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Alex Len any good?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
adkindo wrote:
just curious, why does it seem most of you are high on Gasol than Cousins? Even if Cousins is only what he was when he played for the Warriors, that is more than Gasol can offer on the court at his age....and if Cousins can get to even 80% of what he once was in short to moderate minutes....that is night and day better than Gasol in 2020. Again, just curious, have not been around much recently and am surprised at the shift towards Gasol.

Also, don't we need another legit emergency PG on the roster? Someone like Jeff Teague would have been acceptable, but I saw the Celtics picked him up today.

As I stated in a response above to another comment injury concerns for Cousins is the issue I have with him. I'd be fine with a DH contract.

As for Gasol he fits the Lakers as he can be stationed at the 3pt line as he has been very efficient at good volume the last 2 years. In this case he would not clog the paint for AD or Lebron.

I still believe his defense in a team structure is good. Following is the reason.

I just surmise his disappointing performance in the playoffs this year was due to his conditioning. Being inactive for that long stretch and with his body size I can assume Gasol lost his cardio.

What about a PG....we need another true PG on the roster, right? Schröder is the only true PG I see listed....Caruso is a combo guard. Even with Lebron having the ball a lot, I think you need another legit ball handler to help when injuries or whatever happens.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
panamaniac wrote:

I dunno what Pau said. But Marc did win a chip with two guys on the Clippers so there might be some pull there, we'll see.

mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

Brandom Ingram probably wondering what the hell is going on right about now.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

chantruong wrote:
Alex Len any good?

compared to me and you, or in the NBA? He is probably one of the best 600 basketball players on the planet....unfortunately, only the top 400-500 play in the NBA.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Because people want to talk about the Clippers a bit, let's talk about the Clippers.

One of the most important roles the Clipper needs is a point guard. When will they get one?
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Wes Matthews tore his Achilles five and a half years ago and everyone was excited to sign him... yet signing Boogie who is much younger, is out of the question?

I get that Boogie had a series of injuries but he was never a high flyer or fast moving center.

Why do people believe that it's impossible for him to be an effective player again? Will he be the best center in the league again? Probably not... but he can shoot and pass and block shots without jumping.

At a minimum contract it's a no brainer for me.

From my perspective it is the weight that concerns me. The constant pounding on his legs carrying that weight increases the odds for injury.

If he stays injury free I have no doubt he will be an effective player.

I got to admit the newer videos of him this off season has me taking him on a minimum without thinking twice. He looks to be in as good of shape as he's been in a really long time. Worst case is we cut him again towards the end of the season and add a buyout big which there's always a couple.

Gasol would be a great pickup as well for the minimum. He looked like he wasn't ready to be playing again in the bubble after the layoff so thats what people remember but the entire regular season he was still playing good on both ends. I dont think he realistically signs for the minimum at all but i'd take it and be extremely happy considering what's left out there right now.

That is how I felt last year. Videos and reports were positive about his weight and conditioning but he still got hurt on what appeared to be a basic basketball play.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:04 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Because people want to talk about the Clippers a bit, let's talk about the Clippers.

One of the most important roles the Clipper needs is a point guard. When will they get one?

I thought the degenerative quad (bleep) was their PG and everything?
Big Shot Bob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

drae wrote:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This conversation is BORING let’s talk about something else
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

mookielala wrote:
Brandom Ingram probably wondering what the hell is going on right about now.

He always looks high so I'm sure he says that everyday.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
drae wrote:

I thought the degenerative quad (bleep) was their PG and everything?

xD

Which goes back to Ibaka. A lot of the plays Ibaka finished were initiated by Lowry. What a shame the Clippers are missing the piece that will truly unlock Ibaka on offense ...
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:05 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
chantruong wrote:
Alex Len any good?

compared to me and you, or in the NBA? He is probably one of the best 600 basketball players on the planet....unfortunately, only the top 400-500 play in the NBA.

He has his usefulness but have to agree as opponents just easily blow past him going to the basket. Un-switchable on the perimeter.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5340, 5341, 5342 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5341 of 8560
Jump to: